Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,112 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:11 AM

Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? (36267 Views)

Can You Date Your Boss Or Colleague?: Nigerians React / Ladies, Would You Allow Your Friend Date Your 21yrs Son? / Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by GodblessNig247(m): 6:52am On Oct 03, 2015
Hannysmilez:
If they do end up getting married,it's gonna affect our relationship. We are'nt going 2be that close.

Which do u prefer? marriage or ur closeness with ur friend
Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by GodblessNig247(m): 6:54am On Oct 03, 2015
PunkyVeer:

Yeah, because we all know how these things end sometimes.

I had this friend years ago & we were really close. So one day I invited her to a family gathering & my male cousin was hovering all over her like a vulture. Knowing what I knew about him, I shut it down. I really cock-blocked him grin Because I wasn't about to let him ruin my friendship with her & potentially hurt a good girl. I chaperoned them like mad, because she didn't know him like I do so I did everything to save her @ss that day. I just don't wanna be part of a relationship drama between people I know I guess. My loyalties are deep so I never want to have to pick sides. I will cock-block & play captain-save-a-hoe to save both of them from their whoremones if it needs be grin

lol. u are really funny
Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by YoungDaNaval(m): 7:33am On Oct 03, 2015
SAVEDBABA:
God has to approve of it b4 i cn date a frnds sista
but u can 4uck a frnd's sister?
Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by ferguson17(m): 7:59am On Oct 03, 2015
I see nothing wrong with that once he is my best friend its a go for him .. I called him my best friend because I saw the potential he Has got... so it's a go for him . And about the relationship conflict, its a must and common thing so they handle that them selves.
Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by emmanueles(m): 8:00am On Oct 03, 2015
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]I cnt allow it
Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by moyosore27384(m): 8:07am On Oct 03, 2015
it depend on d frnd's behaviour, if he's Godly, caring n loving I wil agreed it d relation.
Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by Olamidebright: 8:32am On Oct 03, 2015
BIG NO!!!!Never i can't.we have diffrent behavior and character,u can not compare your own friend with mine this my own friend like girl toomuch chai!!!there was a time this my friend told me he want to date my sister,when it comes to this stage i use to let him know that it was impposible and i always serious with it that him too will know that am not joking because i can't let him destroy my sister life and goes to another lady i know him verywell and i will never let it happen.so once again i can't i mean it.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by Nobody: 8:36am On Oct 03, 2015
greatwaters:
I don't know why most people do not seem to approve of a relationship between their best friend and their sister/brother.

Even my roommate swore that he'll never allow it.
Is it wrong? if yes, why?

Its not wrong and as a matter of fact i got married to my friends sister, i see nothing wrong in it, provided it will lead to marriage

3 Likes

Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by UjSizzle(f): 8:38am On Oct 03, 2015
People don't approve because they KNOW their friends, and they want the best for their siblings.

And yes, I can let my best friend date/marry my sister wink

1 Like

Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by Nobody: 8:49am On Oct 03, 2015
greatwaters:
but if you think your friend is so bad for your sister/brother, then why is he/she your friend?
This question makes no sense.
Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by Nobody: 9:31am On Oct 03, 2015
greatwaters:
Good reason, but think about the positives. you kno your friend very well and unless you hav a bad friend, shouldnt you be more comfortable wit givin your sis 2 somone u kno?
[email] I and my best friend are bad. So No, and my sis is too young. [/email]
Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by Khez: 9:41am On Oct 03, 2015
PunkyVeer:
Your best friend is probably that one person that knows almost everything about you, including your relationship history, depending on how long you've known them. So if they disapprove of a relationship between you & their sibling it could mean two things 1)they think you're scum & not good enough for their sister 2) they don't wanna have to pick sides should things not work out between you two.

well said dear .......nothing left to say!
Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by ayurexars1(m): 9:51am On Oct 03, 2015
what if your best friend is bill gate's first son.....
Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by Mavelshee(m): 9:52am On Oct 03, 2015
donweasley:
F.t.c, i dedicate this to other nairalanders still trying. D truth is dat i wunt allow it.

Well, you go hav to allow us when you finally find job
Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by shut(f): 9:56am On Oct 03, 2015
No Cus they're both family to me and sentiments will always cloud my judgement of them.

I won't want my sister to get hurt and I won't want my bestie to get hurt too. I may trust both of them to be honest with each other but taking that chance is a risk and a gamble Cus just a prick on the balloon can burst it,just a mistake and they'll be no more family.
Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by Nobody: 10:00am On Oct 03, 2015
Last thing y should I allow
Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by Chidimercy: 10:09am On Oct 03, 2015
WeedSeller:
#Make VICTOR date ma sis?person wey dey tear oloshoS anyhow even on sundays# Nno !
u Just levied everytin 2 vIctor alone.. Wasn't It U both dat went 2gether last 3wks sunday?
Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by desmondDessi(m): 10:13am On Oct 03, 2015
PunkyVeer:

*air humps*

Yeah, I like to nail things wink grin
U nor be boy na
Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by Nobody: 10:16am On Oct 03, 2015
YoungDaNaval:
but u can 4uck a frnd's sister?
yes if shes my wife, i will do it gladly
Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by desmondDessi(m): 10:17am On Oct 03, 2015
greatwaters:
I don't know why most people do not seem to approve of a relationship between their best friend and their sister/brother.

I once tried it,did it secretly
Wanted to tell him,but I was not able to,hmmm so I broke up with her,it didn't even last a week,1year later I told my friend about it,that I once kissed his sis,well we are still friends.
Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by Goodharoun: 10:40am On Oct 03, 2015
Well, that depends on what kind of friendship you and your friend have. As am replying this, I want to inform you that by November 15, I will be exactly one year with my friend's sister as my wife. It was actually not easy at that moment cos of lots of thoughts that came to mind should there be any problem after the wedding, yet he approved it and I accepted it. Besides, even if you marry from a non-friend family, problems are bound to happen. At least, we have been happy and contented ever since we hooked up and our families are now closer. So it actually depends on the kind of dt your friend is to you. God knows best.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by Nobody: 11:29am On Oct 03, 2015
That's nothing but the whole truth kiss
PunkyVeer:
Your best friend is probably that one person that knows almost everything about you, including your relationship history, depending on how long you've known them. So if they disapprove of a relationship between you & their sibling it could mean two things 1)they think you're scum & not good enough for their sister 2) they don't wanna have to pick sides should things not work out between you two.
Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Oct 03, 2015
grin
Chidimercy:

u Just levied everytin 2 vIctor alone.. Wasn't It U both dat went 2gether last 3wks sunday?
Were u the lightskinned girl he bleeped? grin lol..#

#Juz kiddin

1 Like

Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by DedeNkem: 1:37pm On Oct 03, 2015
greatwaters:

All the people who don't like it have bad friends.
I've good friends who can make great husbands.

It's better my sister dates and marries a good man I know very well than a good stranger.

In fact, marrying a sibbling's good friend mostly creates a long lasting marraige because your sibbling will always try to mediate and rescue the marraige if something goes wrong.

1 Like

Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by liricyst(m): 2:33pm On Oct 03, 2015
As a guy, even those of my friends that i consider "good guys".....would not go near any of my sisters. Una no watch Tony montana? I go just kill person

However if it is a courtship or something very serious...i mean potentially leading to the altar. Its not so bad. In fact, its a great idea.
Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by Nicepoker(m): 2:55pm On Oct 03, 2015
All my friends . Their. Drilling device is something to remember
Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by MGezee(m): 3:45pm On Oct 03, 2015
This has been a very trending issue recently, people object to friend\sister relationship because
1. society frowns at it- best friend/sister relationship is closely related to incest, it is a bridge of no return,crossing it would require a bend in morality- for the morally inclined
2. the fear of having to choose sides peradventure thing turns out badly.
3. jealousy~ difficult to admit but always present, you have a pure knowledge of ur sister's naivety or purity as well as ur friend's strenght/weakness. you feel and think your friend too lucky having someone lyk your 'pure' sister, you start visualizing how blissful d relationship would look,cannot stand d sight of ur little sister devoting her tiny beating heart to ur friend,jealousy creeps in. it takes a very high level of selflessness to allow such.

1 Like

Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by luuvee(m): 4:17pm On Oct 03, 2015
You mean anything atall??
Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by lampardizik(m): 4:34pm On Oct 03, 2015
quiinnBee:

am sure you know your figures of speech smiley

Why so serious? It was just an expression of my seemingly humorous thought

No biggiesmiley
Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by simplisity(m): 5:49pm On Oct 03, 2015
PunkyVeer:
what of, if they approve the relationship?
Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by Nobody: 6:25pm On Oct 03, 2015
lampardizik:

Why so serious? It was just an expression of my seemingly humorous thought
No biggiesmiley
i knowgrin was playing along duh.you spoilt the fun tongue

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Woman Blasted For Snatching Her Girlfriend's Boyfriend / What Do You Hate About Your Current Relationship? / In Love With Two Girls But Wants One. Advice Needed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.