Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,411 members, 7,836,656 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:04 AM

Diezani Was Arrested Due To Efcc's Request/cooperation - Punch - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Diezani Was Arrested Due To Efcc's Request/cooperation - Punch (58110 Views)

Buhari And Fuel Scarcity: See How The WOMAN In Diezani Was Portrayed By A Fan / Diezani Was Not Arrested, Only Invited, Says Family / THE SUN UK Says Diezani Was Nabbed While Trying To Hide £13bn In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diezani Was Arrested Due To Efcc's Request/cooperation - Punch by playtheblues(f): 2:36am On Oct 03, 2015
Akwa Ibom Civil Servants Employed Since Nov/Dec 2014 Have Not Been Paid A Dime by playtheblues: 9:00pm On Oct 02
It is with deep sorrow that I write this.
We Akwaibomites are usually very peaceful and are not the types to complain easily. This is the reason why Udom Emmanuel thinks he can do anything to us and get away with it.
While Udom is busy building mansions in his village and who-knows-elsewhere we the latest employed staff of Akwa Ibom Civil Service (employed since Nov/Dec 2014) have not received even a kobo of our salaries from the Government and we are expected to come to work daily.
Most of us have been borrowing money from people and our sponsors are now tired of supporting us.
It is going to a year since we were employed, yet our salaries have been withheld all in the name of countless biometrics.
Udom has fixed our money in the bank to attract interests for him.
Everyday we are asked to sign one paper or the other in the name of bank verification yet we have not seen any salary.
Some of us who are posted to far places spend a lot of money on transportation to and from work yet Udom does not care.
My lawyer cousin who was also employed with me told me that they sponsor themselves to courts, prisons and police stations daily without any salary. They also sponsored themselves to Bar Conference in Abuja in August 2015 without even a single penny support from Udom/the Government.
The engineers are not left out as they are sent out to the field in a scorching sun with empty stomachs.
Human Rights activists in Nigeria please intervene in this matter. The masses should please join us into talking sense into our obviously selfish Governor into paying us our accumulated salaries.
I am a married man with a family to support. Udom please don't make us think of commuting suicide like that civil servant in Bayelsa who committed suicide due to unpaid 13-month salaries. Don't reduce us to beggars/chronic borrowers either.
We are tired of this hardship! We are grieving.
#seun
#lalasiclala
#ishilove
#introvert
#chocolateme
#ladyf
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)
vorigan:
Immediate past petroleum minister, Deizani Alison-Madueke, was on Friday arrested in London by the United Kingdom National Crime Agency.

Investigations revealed that the UK Police picked up Alison-Madueke on Friday in connection with offences bordering on fraud and bribery.

The Spokesman for the UK High Commission in Abuja, Joe Abuku, confirmed to our correspondent that five persons were arrested by the agency.

He, however, did not disclose their identities.

It was gathered that the Seizure Organised Crime Agency within the National Crimes Agency of the UK arrested Deziani and are probing the allegations against her.

It was further learnt that Diezani was picked up by operatives of the SOCA at the instance of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission which has been discretely probing her.

The PUNCH investigations revealed that the SOCA has a working agreement with the EFCC in the area of investigation of allegations of financial crimes and proceeds of such crimes.

A source said, “It is true that the former Minister of Petroleum Resources, Mrs. Deziani has been arrested by the UK’s National Crimes Agency, not the Metropolitan Police.

“There is an agency within the National Crimes Agency called the Seizures Organised Crimes Agency. She was actually arrested by operatives of SOCA because the agency has a working agreement with the EFCC. We have been cooperating with SOCA on a number issues.

“I can tell you that Diezani is being quizzed over allegations of bribery and fraud by the UK police.”

Investigations revealed that the EFCC dispatched a team of crack investigators to the residence of Alison-Madueke at Frederick Chiluba Avenue, Asokoro, moments after the commission was alerted that the investigation had commenced in the UK, where the ex-petroleum minister has been holed up since leaving office in May.

It was learnt that the EFCC operatives were still combing her residence as of the time of filing this report.

A family relation, who spoke on condition of anonymity, confirmed the arrest of Alison-Madueke to our correspondent on Friday.

Our correspondent could not get the Head of Media and Publicity of the EFCC, Mr. Wilson Uwujaren, to comment on the issue as repeated calls to his mobile telephone line indicated that it was either switched off or in an area outside network coverage

http://www.punchng.com/news/police-arrest-madueke-in-london-channels-tv/
Re: Diezani Was Arrested Due To Efcc's Request/cooperation - Punch by Lhanre(m): 3:32am On Oct 03, 2015
[quote author=OZAOEKPE post=38610418]"I'm dedicating this FTC on behalf of the good people of Nigeria(especially the youths), that God should see her through all this trials, and that we solidly behind her". Quote me anywhere

You meant to say PDP members (especially youths) right? Cos as you can see, very few agree with you position.
Re: Diezani Was Arrested Due To Efcc's Request/cooperation - Punch by aderome(f): 4:16am On Oct 03, 2015
Mutuwa:
Efcc wey their eagle dey look one side..

hahahaha u are very observant, the eagle dey look one side d other side dey spoil im no see am.
dieziani abi na diezianini, abeg fin stretch ur hand to d side way d eagle no dey look and give dem something make dem let u go joor.
Re: Diezani Was Arrested Due To Efcc's Request/cooperation - Punch by dekdek: 4:32am On Oct 03, 2015
Truckpusher:
I dey feel you jare. cheesy

Drugpusher, ur useless sister the thief is being witch hunted by the British govt. grin what are we going to do about it?
Oya, come diobu grin come tell me wettin u nuts go do. grin

2 Likes

Re: Diezani Was Arrested Due To Efcc's Request/cooperation - Punch by sheymaziggy: 4:36am On Oct 03, 2015
all4naija:

A savage telling me about reasoning is like a fool claiming to intelligent more than a Nobel Prize winner in physics..
Try and calm down when typing , I know u want to yab, just slow down to avoid typing errors bro
Re: Diezani Was Arrested Due To Efcc's Request/cooperation - Punch by Franzinni: 4:40am On Oct 03, 2015
The typical Nigerian process.
1. Correct starting...
2. Make noise about it ...
3. Limp or no finishing...

We are constantly living in a show biz world.
It's all for showwwww!

2 Likes

Re: Diezani Was Arrested Due To Efcc's Request/cooperation - Punch by babafirst(m): 4:42am On Oct 03, 2015
eleko1:
Diezani go spill/release beans fart......JONAaaaaaaaaaa oooooooo embarassed sad.We warned them to return their loot,instead she dey deceive us with sickness.KIRIKIRI beckon cool
Dem must vomit that moni,all the moni wey dem thief.

1 Like

Re: Diezani Was Arrested Due To Efcc's Request/cooperation - Punch by opribo(m): 4:50am On Oct 03, 2015
Same approach as in military regime. Spend all the previous time and energy maligning personalities to score cheap points. At the end of the day nothing cues out Pf all of it. Why not focus on delivering the dividends of democracy. Pursue the election promises and stop deceiving the people. There is a lot to be done. than all the playing to the gallery. Soon our patience will run out. We are not unaware that no physical project has been embarked upon just body language policy.
Sè na like dis we go dey de?
Re: Diezani Was Arrested Due To Efcc's Request/cooperation - Punch by babafirst(m): 4:58am On Oct 03, 2015
ebengems:
so stupid of him. after messing Nigeria up, he wants to wipe his ass with bare hands. that's just the beginning of Nemesis for all corrupt officials, so far Baba is in charge!

KAI (kick against indiscipline) has resumed work fully in Lagos!

Baba is working. we don't care if he is slow, but at least he is not clueless, he has a map

wailers can go and hug that 337KVA transformer at the 7th avenue

9 Days left for AutoCAD complete video tutorial promo to elapse. don't waste that huge amount of money on AutoCAD Training. Everything that made AutoCAD and anything that is made of AutocCAD is clearly discussed in this video manual at 50% promo discount. After 11th October the price will fall back higher. don't take chances, get it today from konga store by checking my signature and profile picture . We deliver nationwide
My bro to tell person to hug transformer now na serious curse ohhh,there is constant power nowwwwww oh lol.

2 Likes

Re: Diezani Was Arrested Due To Efcc's Request/cooperation - Punch by hustla(m): 5:20am On Oct 03, 2015
HireKiller:

Make them no try am o, if they know what is goog for this country.

No matter how much I hate the GEJ, I definitely won't take it lightly if I learnt he was arrested for corruption. And this is coming from a pacifist, Gej and pdp hater like me. Now imagine what how Gej lovers would feel.

I think arresting Gej would be a grave insult to us the minority ethnic group. Gej is the only
Nigerian head of state to be from the minority ethnic group. Should he be arrested for corruption

when previous heads of state all from majority ethnic group, that were equally corrupt are free, then we the minority ethinc group would see it as ethinicism (ethnic racism) if there is such a term.

Gej can be tried, convicted and made to return the money that he stole, but he should definitely not be thrown in prison.

Very very foolish talk
Abeg u use head back stone today?
Gerrarahere men shit!

1 Like

Re: Diezani Was Arrested Due To Efcc's Request/cooperation - Punch by babaRUNtinz(m): 5:22am On Oct 03, 2015
Bushmeat yaff catchd d hunta!
Re: Diezani Was Arrested Due To Efcc's Request/cooperation - Punch by unclejb2(m): 5:44am On Oct 03, 2015
odinese:
.cul... I think Jonathan is next

But hey guys pls check out this great song..

"DJ jimmy jat ft Wizkid - feeling the beat"..

I downloaded it from a site and since then I just can't stop jiggling to it.
U seem to blame Jonathan for everything, even when ur father fails to satisfy ur mother in bed. Lets see if ur daura dull sentimental ethnic dictator Bigot has the balls to come close to GEJ
Re: Diezani Was Arrested Due To Efcc's Request/cooperation - Punch by Joeoku78: 6:01am On Oct 03, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
"I'm dedicating this FTC on behalf of the good people of Nigeria(especially the youths), that God should see her through all this trials, and that we solidly behind her". Quote me anywhere

-please click share if you share my views, and like if you 'hate' my comment

You are one of those that support and albeit corruption. You don't wish this country well. By God"s grace she must land into prison. Its just a matter of time. Those who set this country backward as a result economic sabotage meted on Nigeria by them must end up in prison
Re: Diezani Was Arrested Due To Efcc's Request/cooperation - Punch by free2ryhme: 6:03am On Oct 03, 2015
I love the way these witches and wizards are being hunted and hounded. Please let the hunting be scaled up to every hooks and corners around the world. Thank you PMB for retrieving our stolen billion USD from these crooks.
Re: Diezani Was Arrested Due To Efcc's Request/cooperation - Punch by banio: 6:11am On Oct 03, 2015
All I see is a free Saraki (Northerners) and a jailed Diezani (Southerner)
Re: Diezani Was Arrested Due To Efcc's Request/cooperation - Punch by free2ryhme: 6:14am On Oct 03, 2015
SirWere:
First Saraki, now Diezani, Can't you see this president means business

GOD Bless PMB
Jonathan Ebele Azikwe Goodluck !!!!!!!!!!!!
Please inform Mama Piss as well.

Get ready.

The London Parrot Might soon start singing.
And the Britico Witch-hunting might start hunting you.

2 Likes

Re: Diezani Was Arrested Due To Efcc's Request/cooperation - Punch by donodion(m): 6:18am On Oct 03, 2015
EbukaFran:
A lot of these people rejoicing because she has been granted bail do not understand the British judicial system

Before you are arrested in the UK and most organised societies, especially for a crime like Diezani is being accused of, they must have done their homework for months and maybe years. They have the evidence and they are ready to either prosecute her or send her back to Nigeria. I can bet you that she would have almost thrown up with the amount of information they have about her personal life.

The UK is not a zoo or a lawless country. They cannot detain her indefinitely. This is just the beginning. They have confiscated her passport which means she cannot travel out of the UK. Dont be surprised that she might seek political asylum which will be turned down very quickly.

Diezani is in a lot of trouble. This is a multi national investigation and it was well planned. None of us had a clue , not even the over zealous Nigerian media. The best she can do now is to start singing like a parrot and name all her co- thieves.

Hope her supporters are reading this. It's the same UK that nabbed James Ibori, ex- delta state to governor and jailed him.They made Nigerian judiciary look so hopeless and irredeemably rotten.

UK is fast becoming less attractive to corrupt Nigerian political office holders ( past and present) for their effective crime busting and legal processes.

To UK government, thank you for shaming these rogues.

1 Like

Re: Diezani Was Arrested Due To Efcc's Request/cooperation - Punch by 4stylz: 6:18am On Oct 03, 2015
Kastonkastroll:
When are they going to arrest Jonathan? angry

In your dreams; bleeped up country like Nigeria
Re: Diezani Was Arrested Due To Efcc's Request/cooperation - Punch by Victortee1(m): 7:14am On Oct 03, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
100% Propaganda. The source is Lai Muhammed and Aisha Buhari.

How does APC assume that Nigerians are stupiÐ? Accprding tto the 'source'

Lol
Re: Diezani Was Arrested Due To Efcc's Request/cooperation - Punch by sweatlana: 7:19am On Oct 03, 2015
When will ameachi be arrested
Re: Diezani Was Arrested Due To Efcc's Request/cooperation - Punch by Alubosa: 7:37am On Oct 03, 2015
Former Petroleum Minister, Deziani Madueke's lawyers on their way to United Kingdom..All Jazeera. grin

1 Like

Re: Diezani Was Arrested Due To Efcc's Request/cooperation - Punch by Eziachi: 7:47am On Oct 03, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
100% Propaganda. The source is Lai Muhammed and Aisha Buhari.

How does APC assume that Nigerians are stupiÐ? Accprding tto the 'source'

I thought you are supposed to be intelligent, Aisha Buhari? grin grin

1 Like

Re: Diezani Was Arrested Due To Efcc's Request/cooperation - Punch by Eziachi: 7:49am On Oct 03, 2015
Alubosa:
Former Petroleum Minister, Deziani Madueke's lawyers on their way to United Kingdom..All Jazeera. grin
Are they allowed to practice in the UK? Don't they have lawyers in England? >: grin

2 Likes

Re: Diezani Was Arrested Due To Efcc's Request/cooperation - Punch by eligibility: 7:50am On Oct 03, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
"I'm dedicating this FTC on behalf of the good people of Nigeria(especially the youths), that God should see her through all this trials, and that we solidly behind her". Quote me anywhere

-please click share if you share my views, and like if you 'hate' my comment

Aburo ole= olè. Its very unfortunate .

1 Like

Re: Diezani Was Arrested Due To Efcc's Request/cooperation - Punch by BrBakreez(m): 7:50am On Oct 03, 2015
WHY IS IT THAT BLACK AFRICAN LEADERS DO NOT THINK DEEPLY ABOUT THIS?
You are a politician in Africa and Nigeria particularly because that is my case study, you are given trust to have direct access to state treasury, all you can do is steal and stash billions abroad, when you are sick you have to fly a millions of mile to get yourself treated, when your wives, daughters and concubine with other close allies are done with their baby-shower you send them to Canada, USA and UK to give birth so that their children may become citizens of such country by virtue of birth and they are delivered under the best condition. You dream of having your all in all outside the shores of Africa, particularly in notable European and American countries. Have you ever sit down to think about this? How many of such leaders where you run to would love to be treated in Nigeria even for Malaria? How many of them would want to come to your own Africa, particularly Nigeria to give birth and naturalise themselves to Nigerian, how many of them steal billions from their country to save it here so that same can be used to develop our own economy too? How many of them run to us for protection during their trying times? If they had not develop their own place or if their place is as worse as what you subject your people to in Africa and Nigeria as a result of greed will you be able to run to their country every now and then? Why is it that black African leaders don't think properly as human being? Why is it that you are so self-centred that you don't mind if your own country collapse as a result of your greed yet you stupidly develop another countries' economy. Only if you can read and ponder about this little statement you can have a turnaround and make this continent and country very great as it has potential for greatness. Please keep sharing this. You never can say whose mind it would touch so that they can better the lots of our nation and continents generally. #GodblessNigeria #GodblessAfrica

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Diezani Was Arrested Due To Efcc's Request/cooperation - Punch by Shymm3x: 7:56am On Oct 03, 2015
Why are these plonkers lying for? Trying to take credit for something the UK and US have been trying to do for a long time, no?

Anyway, you can't "request" a sovereign country, especially a civilised country, like the UK to arrest anyone without going through the proper process of extradition. NCA is a UK government agency and not INTERPOL. And even with INTERPOL, you have to declare the individual wanted and go through the due process.

Nigeria is a category two country of the UK extradition act and the process is more stringent for countries in this category.

Extradition from UK: process under Part 2 of the act
Part of 2 of the act covers category 2 territories, which are:

Albania, Algeria, Andorra, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Azerbaijan, The Bahamas, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belize, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Cook Islands, Croatia, Cuba, Dominica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Fiji, The Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, Haiti, Iceland, India, Iraq, Israel, Jamaica, Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Liechtenstein, Macedonia (FYR), Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mauritius, Mexico, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Nauru, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Norway, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Russian Federation, Saint Christopher and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, San Marino, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Swaziland, Switzerland, Tanzania, Thailand, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Turkey, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, the United Arab Emirates, the United States of America, Uruguay, Vanuatu, Western Samoa, Zambia and Zimbabwe

Requests from these states need decisions by both the Secretary of State and the courts. The Secretary of State has no influence over the time it takes for a case to clear the judicial stages, and time a case takes to complete can vary depending on how complex the case is.

The extradition process to these territories follows these steps:

- an extradition request is made to the Secretary of State
- the Secretary of State issues a certificate and sends request to court (if request is valid)
- preliminary hearing
- extradition hearing
- Secretary of State decides on extradition
- After the extradition hearing and the Secretary of State’s decision a requested person may be able to appeal to the High Court, and if that is unsuccessful, to the Supreme Court.

Extradition requests: what’s required
When an extradition request is made to the Secretary of State if it’s ‘valid’, the Secretary of State will issue a certificate and send the request to the court.

The request will be valid if it is for a person accused or convicted of an offence, and if it’s made by an appropriate authority, such as a diplomatic or consular representative.

Documents needed to make a request
Generally the information accompanying a request needs to include:

details of the person
details of the offence of which they are accused or convicted
if the person is accused of an offence - a warrant for their arrest or provisional arrest (or a duly authenticated copy)
if someone is unlawfully at large after conviction of an offence – a certificate of the conviction and sentence (or a duly authenticated copy), or for provisional arrest, details of the conviction
evidence or information that justifies the issue of a warrant for arrest in the UK, within the jurisdiction of a judge of the court that would hold the extradition hearing
If the court is satisfied that enough information has been supplied, an arrest warrant can be issued.

Requesting states are advised to submit an initial draft request to the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS), so that any potential problems can be resolved.

Supporting evidence: exempted countries
The following countries don’t need to provide prima facie evidence in support of their extradition request:

Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Australia, Azerbaijan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Canada, Croatia, Georgia, Iceland, Israel, Liechtenstein, Macedonia FYR, Moldova, Montenegro, New Zealand, Norway, Russian Federation, Serbia, South Africa, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine and the US
Preliminary hearing
After the person has been arrested, he is brought before the court and the judge sets a date for the extradition hearing.

Extradition hearing
During the extradition hearing the judge must satisfy himself that:

the request meets the requirements of the 2003 Act, including dual criminality and prima facie evidence of guilt (where appropriate)
none of the bars to extradition apply (passage of time, hostage-taking or extraneous considerations)
the extradition is compatible with the convention rights within the meaning of the Human Rights Act 1998
Secretary of State: considerations with extradition requests
When a case is sent to the Secretary of State she must consider whether the surrender of a person is prohibited. It would be prohibited if:

the person could face the death penalty (unless the Secretary of State gets adequate written assurance that the death penalty will not be imposed)
there are no speciality arrangements with the requesting country – ‘speciality’ requires that the person must be dealt with in the requesting state only for the offences for which they’re being extradited (except in certain limited circumstances)
the person had already been extradited to the UK – this might mean the Secretary of State needs consent from the earlier extraditing country before extraditing on to the requesting state
If none of the 3 prohibitions apply, or if appropriate assurances have been given, the Secretary of State must order the extradition. Or, if surrender is prohibited, the person must be discharged.

Representations for the defence
The defence has to make any representations within 4 weeks of the case being sent to the Secretary of State (28 days including the day it was sent).

The Secretary of State has to make a decision within 8 weeks of the day the case is sent, otherwise the person may be discharged.

But the Secretary of State can apply to the High Court for an extension of the decision date if the representations are complex and enquiries need to be made of the requesting state.

To date, no extensions have been refused by the High Court. They are usually for no longer than 2 months, and more than one extension can be sought if necessary.

Appeals: the High Court
Appeals can be made to the High Court within 14 days by:

a requested person - if the district judge has sent the case to the Secretary of State, who then orders the extradition
a requesting state - if a requested person has been discharged by the judge at the extradition hearing and subsequently by the Secretary of State (after the case has been sent to them by the district judge)
Appeals: the Supreme Court
A requested person, or a requesting state, can appeal to the Supreme Court against the High Court’s decision, if leave to appeal has been granted.

Appeals to the Supreme Court can only be made on a point of law of general public importance – where that’s been agreed by the High Court. The details and time limits of these appeals are set out in section 114 of the 2003 Act.

Surrendering a requested person
Unless there is an appeal, a requested person should be extradited within 28 days of the Secretary of State’s decision.

If there is an appeal, the 28 days begin once all legal remedies have been exhausted. This time limit can be extended in exceptional circumstances, but reasonable cause must be shown for any delay.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/extradition-processes-and-review

Obviously, all the other countries involved coordinated the arrest with the Nigerian government cos she Nigerian and they probably need other things from the country - but this has nothing to do with the toothless EFCC of whatever the fvck they're called. And nothing to do with Buhari.

Buhari has to take the initiative and start arresting the other criminals now. Failure to do that would show that he's a toothless bulldog - all hype but no bite. The UK arrested Diezani - not Nigeria.
Re: Diezani Was Arrested Due To Efcc's Request/cooperation - Punch by Eziachi: 8:06am On Oct 03, 2015
opribo:
Same approach as in military regime. Spend all the previous time and energy maligning personalities to score cheap points. At the end of the day nothing cues out Pf all of it. Why not focus on delivering the dividends of democracy. Pursue the election promises and stop deceiving the people. There is a lot to be done. than all the playing to the gallery. Soon our patience will run out. We are not unaware that no physical project has been embarked upon just body language policy.
Sè na like dis we go dey de?
What is dividends of democracy, building roads, hospital and electricity? No that not it, because junta governments also built those. Even Saddam Hussein built all that too.
Dividends of democracy is open accountability while and after holding public office, serving time if you are found guilty of stealing even a penny of public money, not turning public service into an avenue to be rich quick rather than to serve the poor masses.
If catching armed robbers and making them to face justice is playing to gallery where you come, where I come from its regarded as the most noble act.
Lovers of corruption who always pretend to hate it but ever internally in love with corruption through their deeds and utterances.

3 Likes

Re: Diezani Was Arrested Due To Efcc's Request/cooperation - Punch by ISpiksDaTroof: 8:06am On Oct 03, 2015
odinese:
.cul... I think Jonathan is next

But hey guys pls check out this great song..

"DJ jimmy jat ft Wizkid - feeling the beat"..

I downloaded it from a site and since then I just can't stop jiggling to it.
Nope, Jonathan is last. His wife will be picked up before him but that would be sometime next year or early 2017. They won't be needed until approval ratings start to dip around that time then they will be charged with their crimes.
Re: Diezani Was Arrested Due To Efcc's Request/cooperation - Punch by Shymm3x: 8:10am On Oct 03, 2015
Let me also chip this in.

Based on what EFCC said, NCA arresting her would be illegal without Nigeria going through the proper extradition process. You just can't arrest a citizen of another country who hasn't committed a crime in ya country based on "request" - it has to follow a due process, unless she also committed a crime in that country.

If the arrest was done based of EFCC's request (which I doubt cos the UK isn't that stupid and they know the legal implications) - then her solicitors should win the case easily against unlawful/illegal arrest.

So, stop deceiving Nigerians for brownie points - the UK is a civilised country and they just caught a big fish. grin
Re: Diezani Was Arrested Due To Efcc's Request/cooperation - Punch by ISpiksDaTroof: 8:13am On Oct 03, 2015
twoondei:
With the way things were going, I'm sure she won't have left any evidence of fraud, nothing to trace or prove anything.

The combing and searching may yield no results.

That's why EFCC hasn't gotten Tinubu till date.

Some Nigerians are smart.

Yes, but not as smart as the operators of the Western World.

That woman will be gone for at least 15-20yrs. If she gives the "U.K" any trouble trying to fight this case because she has access to unlimited funds that can buy the best defense purchasable, she will be promptly extradited to the United States where the DOJ is presently building a case against her sons for helping her launder money through banks in Florida, Georgia, New York and New Jersey.

Her options are very limited. She definitely doesn't want to tango with the U.S Govt.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu'a Attire To Court Today (Photos) / Crude Oil Drilling In Lake Chad Basin To Start Soon / Woman Pretends To Be Pregnant To Register Her PVC After 4 Days Of Trying. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.