Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,827 members, 7,813,744 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:22 PM

The Best Striker In The World - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Best Striker In The World (9270 Views)

Messi Not Listed Among Best Striker In Europe! Why? / Obafemi Martins: Most Efficient Striker In The Bundesliga / Best Striker In Europe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Best Striker In The World by Krayola(m): 10:15pm On Jun 01, 2009
Sauron doesn't know what he is talking about. . . as usual. Thats why I'm done with this debate.

Until last year, Valencia had more players in the Spanish national team than any other team. . . even Barca and Real Madrid. All of a sudden they are shite and it is a miracle they are 6th? Every time I give this clown the benefit of the doubt and take him seriously, he just spews pure mumbo jumbo.

General Franco was just as much dreaded by Atletico Madrid as Barca. Real Madrid were his club and he showered them with everything at the expense of Atletico Madrid. The whole Franco thing with Barcelona has been exaggerated by Barca because it is just a very sellable story (Franco was not interested in FC Barcelona as such, he was interested in suppressing catalan resistance, and Barca were the face of Catalonia so people just think Franco was out to get FC Barcelona). Franco was an equal opportunity tyrant. He oppressed everybody. . .catalan, basque, communists. . anyone that opposed him. . . it wasn't a Madrid vs Barcelona thing as is often portrayed. Go read some real history and not what Barca fans tell you. YOu don't know what you are talking about. .  just throwing names and claims around .superficial "knowledge" if we can even call it that.  If u want to debate me u betta come correct,  olodo.
Re: The Best Striker In The World by slap1(m): 10:28pm On Jun 01, 2009
best striker is Keiran Gibbs. abeg mind me! lipsrsealed
Re: The Best Striker In The World by Sauron1: 1:50am On Jun 02, 2009
Krayola:

Sauron doesn't know what he is talking about. . . as usual. Thats why I'm done with this debate.

U are done with the debate simply because you ran out of things to say.

Until last year, Valencia had more players in the Spanish national team than any other team. . . even Barca and Real Madrid. All of a sudden they are shite and it is a miracle they are 6th? Every time I give this clown the benefit of the doubt and take him seriously, he just spews pure mumbo jumbo.

It is expected of Valencia to have more players in the Spanish national team than Madrid/Barcelona.
In outfits where u have Messi, Etoo, Henry, Ruud, Diarra, Huntelaar and Heinze, what do u expect?
Where would Spanish players fit in the present Barca squad? U dunno what u talking about, do you?
Tottenham have more English players than United, does that make em stronger than United? Phbbbbbbbbbbt! tongue

General Franco was just as much dreaded by Atletico Madrid as Barca. Real Madrid were his club and he showered them with everything at the expense of Atletico Madrid. The whole Franco thing with Barcelona has been exaggerated by Barca because it is just a very sellable story (Franco was not interested in FC Barcelona as such, he was interested in suppressing catalan resistance, and Barca were the face of Catalonia so people just think Franco was out to get FC Barcelona). Franco was an equal opportunity tyrant. He oppressed everybody. . .catalan, basque, communists. . anyone that opposed him. . . it wasn't a Madrid vs Barcelona thing as is often portrayed. Go read some real history and not what Barca fans tell you. YOu don't know what you are talking about. .  just throwing names and claims around .superficial "knowledge" if we can even call it that.  If u want to debate me u betta come correct,  olodo.

Did i touch a sore nerve? Whatz with the olodo?
U admitted he oppressed everybody including Catalans in the same breath with saying it wasn't a Madrid V Barca thingy?
Did he hate Madridistas too?
Re: The Best Striker In The World by dayokanu(m): 1:59am On Jun 02, 2009
Sharon is getting schooled here once more. When would he ever learn

Torres cannot even play for Barcelona if he's offered £1 million per week.
He is from Madrid. They hate Catalonians.

Luis Enrique played for Several years in Madrid before moving over to Barca
Re: The Best Striker In The World by Krayola(m): 2:04am On Jun 02, 2009
Luis Figo played for Barca and then Madrid. Ronaldo too.
Re: The Best Striker In The World by Sauron1: 2:27am On Jun 02, 2009
dayokanu:

Sharon is getting schooled here once more. When would he ever learn
Luis Enrique played for Several years in Madrid before moving over to Barca

You are an idiot. . . . . .Luis Enrique wasn't born in Madrid, neither is he a Catalonian.
Lagos and Oyo are fierce rivals, A player comes from Sokoto. . . . .What has he got to do with Lagos/Oyo history?
Go and learn your geography. . . . .Luis Enrique is from Gijon(he is not historically connected to either Barcelona or Madrid).
Fernando Torres was born in MADRID, he will never play for Barcelona.

Krayola:

Luis Figo played for Barca and then Madrid. Ronaldo too.

Luis Figo is from Portugal(he wouldn't understand the history)
Fat Ronaldo was born in Brazil(he wouldn't understand the history as well).
Name a Madrid-born player playing in Barcelona or name a Catalonian playing in Real Madrid.

Buncha illiterates!!!
Re: The Best Striker In The World by Krayola(m): 2:31am On Jun 02, 2009
~Sauron~:

U are done with the debate simply because you ran out of things to say.
haha,  na shakara. Don't worry . . I'm not going anywhere. U think say u get mouth? I go show u today say i get mouth pass u. . .  wink

~Sauron~:

It is expected of Valencia to have more players in the Spanish national team than Madrid/Barcelona.
In outfits where u have Messi, Etoo, Henry, Ruud, Diarra, Huntelaar and Heinze, what do u expect?
Where would Spanish players fit in the present Barca squad? U dunno what u talking about, do you?

1st of all, my point was that the spanish team that Villa represents so well, is full of quality players,  most of which are from Valencia. . the club you claim is shite and is overachieving by being in 6th position. I was pointing out that Valencia players are on the same level as u'll find at Barca or Real. The club just can't get their act together.

As for where spanish players will fit in Barca
Puyol, Pique, Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Valdes, Bojan,  Besides Valdes they all represent spain

Valencia have Moretti, Miguel, Fernandes, Maduro, Edu. All non Spanish. They do have more spanish players than Barca, but my point still stands TALL!!

~Sauron~:

Tottenham have more English players than United, does that make em stronger than United? Phbbbbbbbbbbt! tongue
straw man argument. .  refute arguments i make, not ones you pull out of ur ass and try to stick my name on.

~Sauron~:

Did i touch a sore nerve? Whatz with the olodo?

haha. oya, sorry. I won't do it again

~Sauron~:

U admitted he oppressed everybody including Catalans in the same breath with saying it wasn't a Madrid V Barca thingy?

Did he hate Madridistas too?

He didn't have a personal vendetta against Barcelona, a lot of the stuff has been exaggerated. He had bigger things to worry about than a football club. He was trying to get one spain, and suppressed all the subcultures in Spain. He made it illegal to speak Catalan for example, and the Nou Camp was one of the only places where people could speak catalan and not be charged. Real Madrid were really strong and big in Europe at the time so he used them as the face of Spain ( I doubt he really gave a shit about them, and just used them for his motives), funded their stadium, and supported all their causes. He did nothing for Atletico Madrid, they were like the scum club of Madrid as far as Franco was concerned. That is why they have such a bitter rivalry. . Atletico Madrid hate Real Madrid with a vengeance.

This whole united Madrid picture you are trying to paint is non existent. Barcelona and Espanyol hate each other, and it is not just about football. . . it is a cultural thing. Same with Atletico and Real. .
Re: The Best Striker In The World by Sauron1: 2:43am On Jun 02, 2009
Krayola:

haha,  na shakara. Don't worry . . I'm not going anywhere. U think say u get mouth? I go show u today say i get mouth pass u. . .  wink

This is not about mouth, this is about FACTS!!!

1st of all, my point was that the spanish team that Villa represents so well, is full of quality players,  most of which are from Valencia. . the club you claim is shite and is overachieving by being in 6th position. I was pointing out that Valencia players are on the same level as u'll find at Barca or Real. The club just can't get their act together.

Valencia players cannot hold a candle to the current Barcelona squad.
The amount of quality players that sit on Barca's bench week in week out will finish 2nd or 3rd in La Liga.
Don't ever compare Barcelona to Valencia. . . , Villa is surrounded by mediocre players in Valencia.
Give him the creativity of the Xavi and Iniesta with the movement of Etoo and Messi and see how he would score 60 goals in one seaon.

As for where spanish players will fit on Barca
Puyol, Pique, Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Valdes, Bojan,  Besides Valdes they all represent spain

Busquets and Bojan are not first teamers.
Where would you leave Messi and Henry if you play Spaniards all through in Barcelona.
Things don't work like that, amigo.

Valencia have Moretti, Miguel, Fernandes, Maduro, Edu. All non Spanish. They do have more spanish players than Barca, but my point still stand TALL!!

These are mediocre players.
Most of em won't play in the TOP 4 in England.

straw man argument. .  refute arguments i make, not ones you pull out of ur ass and try to stick my name on.

Weaker teams in the league play more indigenous players more than top teams.
The theory is simple. . . . . .They cannot afford foreign professionals.

haha. oya, sorry. I won't do it again

I won't stop you.

He didn't have a personal vendetta against Barcelona, a lot of the stuff has been exaggerated. He had bigger things to worry about than a football club. He was trying to get one spain, and suppressed all the subcultures in Spain. He made it illegal to speak Catalan for example, and the Nou Camp was one of the only places where people could speak catalan and not be charged. Real Madrid were really strong at the time so he used them as the face of Spain ( I doubt he really gave a shit about them, and just used them for his motives), funded their stadium, and supported all their causes. He did nothing for Atletico Madrid, they were like the scum club of Madrid as far as Franco was concerned. That is why they have such a bitter rivalry. . Atletico Madrid hate Real Madrid with a vengeance.

Athletico Madrid/ Real Madrid hatred is purely football based. It's like Man City and Man Utd.
You cannot compare it with Liverpool/Man Utd. Scousers and Mancunians hate each other's guts HISTORICALLY.
Catalonians and Madridistas can't stand each other(and i am not talking about football stuffs here).

This whole united Madrid picture you are trying to paint is non existent. Barcelona and Espanyol hate each other, and it is not just about football. . . it is a cultural thing. Same with Atletico and Real. .

You don't know what you are talking about.
Re: The Best Striker In The World by Krayola(m): 2:49am On Jun 02, 2009
lol. . Joaquin is mediocre? so is Mata, and David Silva and Vicente, and Miguel? Have you ever watched a Valencia game in your life? Did you watch them play against Real Madrid a few weeks ago?
Re: The Best Striker In The World by Sauron1: 3:01am On Jun 02, 2009
Krayola:

lol. . Joaquin is mediocre? so is Mata, and David Silva and Vicente, and Miguel? Have you ever watched a Valencia game in your life? Did you watch them play against Real Madrid a few weeks ago?

I watch Valencia games more than Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea.
David Villa has been my favourite for years now so i am always itching to watch him play football.
He is surrounded by mediocre players. . . . .just like Eto'o was surrounded by poofs in Mallorca before moving to Barcelona.
I am confident Villa will score more goals in a team like Barcelona. Messi, Xavi, Iniesta and Henry will make things easier for him.
Re: The Best Striker In The World by Krayola(m): 3:13am On Jun 02, 2009
You do realize that Torres scores more goals from open play than Villa. Take away penalties and Villa's numbers aren't really all that. I'm sure without penalties Torres might even be on- par or close to CR7 last season.

Now, I do agree that Villa is creme of the crop, and he will do very very well at Barca. remember I said this was a pointless debate because i pretty much agree with you. . i just thought those stats didn't mean much. 

Villa scores hard chances. . . I mean impossible chances where he sends the ball to the last possible angle off the post that will bounce it into the net. .  the guy is the most clinical finisher around. I just think Torres is better overall, but it is debatable. But it is more of an ability thing than a stats thing.  YOu can tell Villa will be great at Barca just by watching him play. .  his stats don't say enough about how good he is IMO,  but, same as Torres.

You sit there and make statements like Villa is better than Torres + Eto'o + Rooney . . . are u 5? are u just here to waste ur time?

I hate Fernando Torres, and I hate Liverpool. I was waiting for him to flop big time so i could diss every liverpool fan i know. Admitting that i rate him is one of the hardest things i have ever done. But after a while something becomes so blatant that i can't deny it anymore. Fernando Torres is the best striker on the face of the Earth.

I also rate Gomez,  from stuttgart,  but i've seen too little of him to have an informed opinion
Re: The Best Striker In The World by Sauron1: 3:21am On Jun 02, 2009
Krayola:

You do realize that Torres scores more goals from open play than Villa. Take away penalties and Villa's numbers aren't really all that. I'm sure without penalties Torres might even be on- par or close to CR7 last season.

Now, I do agree that Villa is creme of the crop, and he will do very very well at Barca. remember I said this was a pointless debate because i pretty much agree with you. . i just thought those stas didn't mean much. 

Villa scores hard chances. . . I mean impossible chances where he sends the ball to the last possible angle off the post that will bounce it into the net. .  the guy is the most clinical finisher around. I just think Torres is better overall, but it is debatable. But it is more of an ability thing than a stats thing.  YOu can tell Villa will be great at Barca just by watching him play. .  his stats don't say enough about how good he is IMO,  but, same as Torres.

Thanx for at least acknowledging David Villa is the most clinical finisher around.
He is the best striker in 1 V 1 situation with goalkeepers.

You sit there and make statements like Villa is better than Torres + Eto'o + Rooney . . . are u 5? are u just here to waste ur time?

Villa = Torres + Eto'o + Rooney means Villa has the movement of Torres, the work-rate of Rooney and the goal sense of Samuel Etoo.
He is 3 players combined in one and that makes him the best around.
This topic has been flogged some months back on this forum and this was my honest assessment then:

Torres better than David Villa??   

Villa is one of the hardest working front players you'll find.
Maybe slightly less than Rooney and less than Tevez, other than that you're struggling to name names.
He works harder than Torres for sure.

And Villa isnt a player who just scores goals from scraps and doesnt get involved in the build up.
His passing ability for a striker is peerless. In the Euros he dropped into Spain's midfield and didnt look out of place next to fantastic passers like Xavi, Fabregas and Iniesta. And he linked that midfield to the attack where Torres was leading the line.

A few seasons ago he managed 11 assists in the league which was the most of any player that season and as many as Dimitar "Genius" Berbatov has ever managed.  Not that he has quite the vision of Berbatov or Rooney, but he sees and plays a pass better than any other striker of his type except maybe Henry as he played a similar role for Arsenal.

Even more than that, he tackles back. Sometimes rashly like Rooney. He recently got sent off for two yellows  and he's always battling it out rather than letting others do it as you're suggesting. Are you sure you've actually watched him over an extended period? Because it doesnt sound like it at all.
David Villa is GOLD!!!!!!
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-253406.0.html#msg3647468

I hate Fernando Torres, and I hate Liverpool. I was waiting for him to flop big time so i could diss every liverpool fan i know. Admitting that i rate him is one of the hardest thing i have ever done. But after a while something becomes so blatant that i can't deny it anymore. Fernando Torres is the best striker on the face of the Earth.

I laugh in Swahili.
Fernando Torres the best striker on the face of the earth and Ronaldo(a winger) has outscored him for 2 consecutive seasons??
When Ronaldo plays primarily as a centre forward, he has shown he is better than Torres.
Ronaldo is 50000 times more deadlier than Torres.

I also rate Gomez,  from stuttgart,  but i've seen too little of him to have an informed opinion

Mario Gomez? Benzema is better than Gomez but that's for another day.
Re: The Best Striker In The World by dayokanu(m): 3:30am On Jun 02, 2009
Krayola,
You would get to see more of Mario Gomez next season in the colours of Bayern Munich
Re: The Best Striker In The World by tocdee(m): 9:53am On Jun 02, 2009
~Sauron~:

I laugh in Swahili.
Fernando Torres the best striker on the face of the earth and Ronaldo(a winger) has outscored him for 2 consecutive seasons??
When Ronaldo plays primarily as a centre forward, he has shown he is better than Torres.
Ronaldo is 50000 times more deadlier than Torres.

Oh do shut up! The DISCUSSION IS ON STRIKERS! Couldn't resist the temptation of throwing in your sulky midfielder could you? Anyway, take away penalties from Ronaldo and you'd realize he's not fit to lace Torres' boots with regards to goal-scoring from open play! tongue

Torres has scored 50 goals in 84 appearances so far and ALL have come from open play! Ronaldo CANNOT achieve that! FACT!
Re: The Best Striker In The World by RuuDie(m): 11:46am On Jun 02, 2009

My job is to score goals. Every time I feel I have a chance, I try it. If not, I pass. But the priority is to score. When I attack, I only have goal in my head. My universe is the goal with a goalkeeper in it. That and the box.

You’re at home in the box?
Yes. I know that place. I don’t panic there. I’m cold blooded. It is fundamental to be able to shove out of your mind the thousands of things that can pollute your spirit in that moment.

Do you have a technique?
I look at the goalkeeper. He might make a small mistake. When I get the ball I think ‘goal’. I already know that I am going to control it. Everything is about the goal. I position myself so that I score. And when I don’t have the ball I run after it.

Not many people know that when you were younger, you played as a midfielder or as number ‘10’, but not as a ‘9’.
The great forwards have never had my education. I know what it is to defend because I played several positions which demanded sacrifice for the team. I try never just to be the guy who scores goals. I want to fight up front, in the middle or at the back. He who fights for every ball is he who doesn’t have a number on his back.

http://fourfourtwo.com/interviews/qanda/34/article.aspx

Thats an excerpt from an Eto'o interview - if you have a strike that's not "selfish", put him in the center of midfield!
Re: The Best Striker In The World by RuuDie(m): 11:47am On Jun 02, 2009
Bottomline. . . . . . . make a superman of Villa all you want, but there's no way in the world he betters Eto'o fils as a goal getter!
Re: The Best Striker In The World by Sauron1: 11:47am On Jun 02, 2009
tocdee:

Oh do shut up! The DISCUSSION IS ON STRIKERS! Couldn't resist the temptation of throwing in your sulky midfielder could you? Anyway, take away penalties from Ronaldo and you'd realize he's not fit to lace Torres' boots with regards to goal-scoring from open play! tongue

You are a consummate idiot.
Of the 42 goals Ronaldo scored last season, only 7 were penalties(5 in the league and 2 in other competitions).
In the last 2 seasons, Torres has averaged 25 goals per season. . . . .Ronaldo has averaged 34 goals per season.

RuuDie:

Bottomline. . . . . . . make a superman of Villa all you want, but there's no way in the world he betters Eto'o fils as a goal getter!

You haven't seen David Villa so don't say a word.
Eto'o will slap your face if he hears you are comparing him with the Spanish Legend.

Torres has scored 50 goals in 84 appearances so far and ALL have come from open play! Ronaldo CANNOT achieve that! FACT!

50 goals in 84 appearances is a very poor return for a striker.
While Torres might have broken Liverpool's record(Liverpool are shit anyways), he wouldn't even come close to United's legends like Ruud and Ronaldo. Who says penalties don't count? Scoring tap-ins from 2 yards and facing a goalie from 12 yards, which is easier to score?
Re: The Best Striker In The World by Ibime(m): 11:54am On Jun 02, 2009
Samuel Eto Fils is over 30 years old abeg. Lets talk about current players. grin

There are only two candidates - Villa and Torres.

Villa is cool, but I prefer big strikers cos they allow you to play with one upfront effectively, hence Torres is the best!
Re: The Best Striker In The World by RuuDie(m): 11:55am On Jun 02, 2009

What type of player were you as a kid?
A gifted player technically who was not afraid of anything. I always tried the impossible with the ball.

Is that no longer the case?
I only dribble when it’s necessary now. I’ve managed to get rid of the extra stuff, which is not easy for an African who adores everything that is beautiful about the game. On the other hand, when I play for the national team, I have a tendency to go back to my roots. The national team manager uses me in a different way to Barça, where I am at the point of the team. At Cameroon I play behind the main striker or beside him and I become Cameroonian again. Dribbling, trying a nutmeg and making passes.

Are you ever tempted to play that way in Barcelona?
No. It’s very simple at Barcelona. I don’t have a desire to organise a game like Xavi or Deco, or to dribble like Ronaldinho, who is a genius. My strength is to keep my position. I always try to play for the team, whichever team it is. I am disciplined and I get upset when the others aren’t.

If you're one of those who think he doesn't have skill or dribbling abilities. . . . .  this 1's 4 u!
Re: The Best Striker In The World by Krayola(m): 12:15pm On Jun 02, 2009
~Sauron~:

Name a Madrid-born player playing in Barcelona or name a Catalonian playing in Real Madrid.

Buncha illiterates!!!
In recent years

Albert Celades - Born in Barcelona, graduated from the Barcelona youth system, played for both the Barca youth team and Barca first team. HE PLAYED FOR REAL MADRID FOR FIVE YEARS ENDING IN 2005

Jordi Codina - Born in Barcelona , played for Espanyol, then the Real Madrid youth team, now the current Real Madrid substitute goal keeper

Jose Maria - Not sure if he was born in Madrid, but is a product of the Madrid youth system and now plays for Espanyol, in Catalunya

I'm sure if I dig deep i can find more. . especially at Espanyol . . . but i think this is enough to show that as usual you are just being a blow-hard doofus. YOu just like you shout and yell, but you don't have much to say that means anything.

Who is the "illiterate" now?
Re: The Best Striker In The World by Sauron1: 12:30pm On Jun 02, 2009
Krayola:

In recent years
Albert Celades - Born in Barcelona, graduated from the Barcelona youth system, played for both the Barca youth team and Barca first team. HE PLAYED FOR REAL MADRID FOR FIVE YEARS ENDING IN 2005

You are a goat.
Albert Celades' parents are not Catalonians.
So because Etim Esin was born in Lagos makes him Yoruba?? You are a disgrace.
Go and learn the geography of Spain.

Jordi Codina - Born in Barcelona , played for Espanyol, then the Real Madrid youth team, now the current Real Madrid substitute goal keeper

Espanyol and Real Madrid?
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Are you a Philistine? Cordina's parents might have been from Santander but had their baby in Barcelona.
If Mr & Mrs Ugochukwu have their baby in Sokoto, does that make the baby Hausa?
Look at this half-baked graduate.

Jose Maria - Not sure if he was born in Madrid, but is a product of the Madrid youth system and now plays for Espanyol, in Catalunya

When you are not sure of that you are saying, don't post!!!
I hate making a supposed intellectual sound like a dolt.

I'm sure if I dig deep i can find more. . especially at Espanyol . . . but i think this is enough to show that as usual you are just being a blow-hard doofus. YOu just like you shout and yell, but you don't have much to say that means anything.

Your qualitative analysis needs to be polished.
The examples you gave have made you sound like a simpleton.
A player of Valencia descent but born n bred in Barcelona is NOT a Catalonian.

Who is the "illiterate" now?

You are still an illiterate.

Ibime:

Samuel Eto Fils is over 30 years old abeg. Lets talk about current players.  grin

There are only two candidates - Villa and Torres.

Villa is cool, but I prefer big strikers cos they allow you to play with one upfront effectively, hence Torres is the best!

What is Torres' goal return for club and country?
What is his work-rate? How many assists does he churn out for club and country?
Villa works harder than Torres, scores more goals than Torres, tackles more than Torres.
Re: The Best Striker In The World by Krayola(m): 12:34pm On Jun 02, 2009
The only reason why i said Villa and Eto'o are tied for second is because though i strongly believe Villa can do better at Barca, he has not done it yet. Eto'o misses a lot of chances I know Villa will bury no problemo. But at the same time Eto'o has been banging them in consistently since he was at Mallorca. He has only been getting better and better. Last season he was injured for most of the season and still hit like 13 goals or something like that. So based on his record and consistency I can't say Villa is better.

But just based on watching both play and seeing the kinds of goals they score, and considering the teams they play for and how they are set up, Villa is a class apart. But Eto'o is a goal scoring machine nonetheless. We also have to remember that Eto'o is a streaky player . . he can score 10 goals in 3 games and go quiet for a month. Villa spreads them out and just keeps racking them up. They both take penalties though, unliike Torres. . .all his goals are form open play. He's a beast!!
Re: The Best Striker In The World by Krayola(m): 12:36pm On Jun 02, 2009
haha. . sauron. . . you are a champ. I concede. . .no one can defeat you at idiocy. No one!!
Re: The Best Striker In The World by Sauron1: 12:43pm On Jun 02, 2009
Krayola:

haha. .  sauron. . . you are a champ. I concede. . .no one can defeat you at idiocy. No one!!

One move from me and it's game over!!!! grin grin
Task your brain-cells when arguing.
You were pre-ejaculating because you found a player born n raised in Catalonia playing for Madrid but you forgot to check his ROOTS.
How daft can you be?

Ibime's parents are from Port-Harcourt, he was born and raised in Damaturu.
Are you saying Ibime is an Hausa boy?
Does that make Ibime a mallam? grin grin grin grin
Re: The Best Striker In The World by Krayola(m): 12:47pm On Jun 02, 2009
so. . what are their roots?

where are Fernando Torres' parents from?

be careful before you reply. .  checkmate is coming up  wink
Re: The Best Striker In The World by Sauron1: 12:57pm On Jun 02, 2009
Krayola:

so. . what are their roots?
where are Fernando Torres' parents from?

be careful before you reply. .  checkmate is coming up  wink

Torres' parents are from Spain
Fernando's grandfather was a staunch Athletico Madrid fan.
Are u aware Catalonia have played international friendlies with Brazil and Argentina but UEFA are yet to accept them?
I also remember them beating Nigeria 5-0 in 1998 in a friendly match.
This is what they would look like if UEFA grants their wish.

Catalonia

------------------------ Víctor Valdés -------------------------
--------------- Carles Puyol ----- Gerard Piqué -----------------
-- Bruno Saltor ------------------------------- Joan Capdevila --
-------------------- Sergio ------ Xavi ------------------------
----- Cesc Fábregas ---------------------- Andrés Iniesta ------
------------------------ Sergio García -------------------------
------------------------- Bojan Krkic --------------------------

Spain

------------------------ Íker Casillas --------------------------
--------------- Sergio Ramos ---- Raúl Albiol -------------------
-- Álvaro Arbeloa ----------------------------- Antonio López --
---------------- Xabi Alonso ---- Marcos Senna ----------------
-- Santi Cazorla --------------------------------- David Silva --
----------------- Raul Gonzalez --- Fernando Torres ---------------
Re: The Best Striker In The World by Krayola(m): 1:01pm On Jun 02, 2009
again. . straw man arguments. . . u make up ur own arguments and refute them, why? because you have nothing to say in response to mine.

damn!! why did i promise not to call u olodo again?
Re: The Best Striker In The World by Sauron1: 1:04pm On Jun 02, 2009
Krayola:

again. . straw man arguments. . . u make up ur own arguments and refute them, why? because you have nothing to say in response to mine.

damn!! why did i promise not to call u olodo again?

I am just letting the world know you are a sap-head.
Catalonia is different from Spain.
They have been trying to form their own National football team for more than 100 years but UEFA/FIFA will not accept them.
Never get into arguments you cannot defend.
You are a soccer illiterate.
Re: The Best Striker In The World by Krayola(m): 1:09pm On Jun 02, 2009
Sauron, your knowledge of this stuff is so superficial it is embarrassing reading ur posts. Catalans would cringe if they saw the caricature you are making of them. Anyways. . i gotta go to class. . . it has been fun. holla at ur boy!!
Re: The Best Striker In The World by Sauron1: 1:14pm On Jun 02, 2009
Krayola:

Sauron, your knowledge of this stuff is so superficial it is embarrassing reading ur posts. Catalans would cringe if they saw the caricature you are making of them. Anyways. . i gotta go to class. . . it has been fun. holla at ur boy!!

I dunno a lot of things but the few things i know, i am the best at them.
Catalans want out just like Republic of Ireland, Scotland and Wales wanted out of Great Britain.
You must never mix Catalans and Spaniards together. There's a universe of difference between them.

Go to your class and keep it in mind you have been thoroughly schooled by the Dark Lord(Sauron). grin
Re: The Best Striker In The World by jaybee3(m): 1:16pm On Jun 02, 2009
~Sauron~:

I dunno a lot of things but the few one i know, i am the best at them.
Catalans want out just like Republic of Ireland, Scotland and Wales wanted out from Great Britain.
You must never mix Catalans and Spaniards together. There's a universe of difference between them.

Go to your class and keep it in mind you have been thoroughly schooled by the Dark Lord(Sauron). grin

Northern Ireland
Re: The Best Striker In The World by Sauron1: 1:22pm On Jun 02, 2009
jay bee:

Northern Ireland

They(ROI) were part of Great Britain until 1922.
I used em as an example because at a point in time, they wanted out of Britain and they copped their independence.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Winners Golden Bet Introduces Special Bonanza For Their Agents / AFCON: Nigeria Vs. Mali -- Your Predictions / Fifa World Club Ranking. Barca Displaced by Chelsea, Now Ranked Five In D World.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.