Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,304 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:35 AM

Amazon Now Ships Any Item To Nigeria And Kenya - No Third Party Involved - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Amazon Now Ships Any Item To Nigeria And Kenya - No Third Party Involved (35923 Views)

32 Ships Laden With Petroleum Products, Food Items, To Arrive Lagos Ports / Amazon Now Ships To Nigeria. Nigerians React. / Can The Imo River Take (large) Ships? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amazon Now Ships Any Item To Nigeria And Kenya - No Third Party Involved by Bondesniger(m): 9:51am On Oct 05, 2015
Biggest buyer of anuthing
Re: Amazon Now Ships Any Item To Nigeria And Kenya - No Third Party Involved by California30(m): 9:53am On Oct 05, 2015
To what address will the items be shipped to ?? Because i know Nigerian don't have street & house addresses or Zip code.
Re: Amazon Now Ships Any Item To Nigeria And Kenya - No Third Party Involved by emmanuel596(m): 9:54am On Oct 05, 2015
Can the ship a ship for me?
Re: Amazon Now Ships Any Item To Nigeria And Kenya - No Third Party Involved by Bevista: 9:54am On Oct 05, 2015
Why do I have the impression that even international merchants are beginning to perceive Baba's Body Odour. They now know that Nigeria will no be a safe heaven for criminals.

Good one.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amazon Now Ships Any Item To Nigeria And Kenya - No Third Party Involved by bedfordng(m): 9:56am On Oct 05, 2015
California30:
To what address will the items be shipped to ?? Because i know Nigerian don't have street & house addresses or Zip code.
you can use your nigerian address. As for zip code, visit nipost website and use the postal code finder to get your area postal code, insert it at where you are asked to insert zip code.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amazon Now Ships Any Item To Nigeria And Kenya - No Third Party Involved by Sarhamsyn(m): 9:56am On Oct 05, 2015
really... my iPhone6 loading...........
Re: Amazon Now Ships Any Item To Nigeria And Kenya - No Third Party Involved by Nobody: 9:58am On Oct 05, 2015
ok.
Re: Amazon Now Ships Any Item To Nigeria And Kenya - No Third Party Involved by California30(m): 9:58am On Oct 05, 2015
bedfordng:
you can use your nigerian address. As for zip code, visit nipost website and use the postal code finder to get your area postal code, insert it at where you are asked to insert zip code.

What Nigerian address ??
Now give me the address of a petrol station in Lagos.
What of addresses in places like IMO state, Abia state, Kano state ??
Re: Amazon Now Ships Any Item To Nigeria And Kenya - No Third Party Involved by California30(m): 9:58am On Oct 05, 2015
bedfordng:
Re: Amazon Now Ships Any Item To Nigeria And Kenya - No Third Party Involved by California30(m): 9:59am On Oct 05, 2015
Sarhamsyn:
really... my iPhone6 loading...........

You know how much IPhone 6 is sold in the USA ??
Re: Amazon Now Ships Any Item To Nigeria And Kenya - No Third Party Involved by BlackBaron: 10:00am On Oct 05, 2015
You'll pay over the odds for shipping.

You'll also be liable to paying customs charges if they decide to tax your items.

A lot still goes missing. Just ask about Asos shipping to Nigeria, though would be replaced eventually.

1 Like

Re: Amazon Now Ships Any Item To Nigeria And Kenya - No Third Party Involved by MrCounselor: 10:00am On Oct 05, 2015
good for them. serious competition for local retailers, not fine.
Re: Amazon Now Ships Any Item To Nigeria And Kenya - No Third Party Involved by GudluckIBB(m): 10:01am On Oct 05, 2015
Ebimablog:
I think this come as a very big News to those who knows about Amazon and what we Nigerian have been missing out before Now.Amazon now ship just about any item to Nigeria and Kenya as part of its AmazonGlobal program.

What this means is that you no longer have to use a third party address like USAADRESSNIGERIA and others.You sit at the comfort of your Home,and choose from the over 10million products on Amazon,place your order and wait for it to be delivered to you.

Amazon even makes shopping more easy and fun by estimating the custom duty of your order during checkout, so you pay the applicable fee via Amazon and the product delivered directly to your doorsteps with no hassle.

What more could we have asked for? I think this is a wake up call For Jumia and Konga .

Source --- http://www.ebimablog.com/2015/09/amazon-global-amazon-now-ship-to-nigeria-to-over-other-75-countries.html

Thank you for this piece of information.

Pls how do I go about it?
Thanks
Re: Amazon Now Ships Any Item To Nigeria And Kenya - No Third Party Involved by oforij(m): 10:01am On Oct 05, 2015
Guess i can order an American android. But will it come to my address
Re: Amazon Now Ships Any Item To Nigeria And Kenya - No Third Party Involved by Vinshu(f): 10:01am On Oct 05, 2015
California30:

What Nigerian address ??
Now give me the address of a petrol station in Lagos.
What of addresses in places like IMO state, Abia state, Kano state ??

11, Broad Street, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Amazon Now Ships Any Item To Nigeria And Kenya - No Third Party Involved by emeka2847: 10:02am On Oct 05, 2015
[size=18pt]Thank you GMB.
Thank God for a respected government.
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Amazon Now Ships Any Item To Nigeria And Kenya - No Third Party Involved by Nobody: 10:03am On Oct 05, 2015
Ebimablog:

Keep dreaming, soon even local online retailers will stop the pay on delivery stuff
them won't stop it. Even in the U S THEM STILL DO PAY ON DELIVERY
Re: Amazon Now Ships Any Item To Nigeria And Kenya - No Third Party Involved by AleAirHub(m): 10:03am On Oct 05, 2015
The fact they support Nigeria does not mean all seller/merchant support shipping to Nigeria. Beside these very info is only new to newbies and lastly be careful when you are placing order for used phones over there.
Bravo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amazon Now Ships Any Item To Nigeria And Kenya - No Third Party Involved by d33types: 10:05am On Oct 05, 2015
Ebimablog:
Guy the only thing you cant buy are those ITEM AMAZON ORDIRNARILY DO NOT SHIP OUT OF US,so far youu have any itme they ship out of US,it will equally be shipped to Nigeria

It's not so.. Only items sold by Amazon directly can be shipped to Nigeria..third party sellers may not ship.
Hope you know Amazon is an online store as well as a marketplace where thousands of individuals act as sellers? The sellers make up a majority and has a far larger market...

Besides this is old info..

Re: Amazon Now Ships Any Item To Nigeria And Kenya - No Third Party Involved by loiszandi(f): 10:05am On Oct 05, 2015
I can now place order for my panties, bras, make up kits and lots more. #happy me
Re: Amazon Now Ships Any Item To Nigeria And Kenya - No Third Party Involved by holuphisayor(m): 10:07am On Oct 05, 2015
not working....just tried
Re: Amazon Now Ships Any Item To Nigeria And Kenya - No Third Party Involved by California30(m): 10:13am On Oct 05, 2015
Vinshu:

11, Broad Street, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria

Don't try to front
I'm a Nigerian, so i know what's up with street addresses in Nigeria.
Let's not talk about Lagos & Abuja.
Let's talk about IMO state, Abia state, Kano, Jigawa, Ebonyi
Re: Amazon Now Ships Any Item To Nigeria And Kenya - No Third Party Involved by philips70(m): 10:14am On Oct 05, 2015
This is bullcrap. Amazon shipping costs will kill whoever tries this. US addresses still rule. I just did a check on it and shipping cost of just one liquid soap was updated as N17,000. I updated quantity to 5 and it increased shipping cost to N57k+. Tried for a wristwatch and is 10k for just a watch and 30k+ for 3. They just not serious, I wont pay more than 10k to ship these from the US on the addresses. Nothing to be happy about.

4 Likes

Re: Amazon Now Ships Any Item To Nigeria And Kenya - No Third Party Involved by Chanzy1(m): 10:14am On Oct 05, 2015
loiszandi:
I can now place order for my panties, bras, make up kits and lots more. #happy me

Of everything na pant you wan order, so without amazon you go dy go pantless?
Re: Amazon Now Ships Any Item To Nigeria And Kenya - No Third Party Involved by d33types: 10:15am On Oct 05, 2015
It's still far cheaper to use freight forwarders.. Amazon costs are way too much and there is no good package consolidation
Re: Amazon Now Ships Any Item To Nigeria And Kenya - No Third Party Involved by omonnakoda: 10:18am On Oct 05, 2015
It is always good to think of the bigger picture. Yes I agree that Nigerians like everyone else are entitled to buy shiny things.

But we must remember

Shopping with Amazon is consumption and consuming without producing has been our bane.
If you consume goods from abroad you have to sell something back what are we selling besides oil
What is it that entitles us to consume?
Only the productive deserve to consume
Amazon is not a Nigerian company and will not pay taxes in Nigeria
When we consume we are spending scarce foreign exchange and creating jobs NOT in Nigeria but in Amazon's home countries and in those countries that manufacture what Amazon sells. Interestingly most of what Amazon sells is manufactured in China and other Asian countries . More jobs in those countries and fewer in ours. The goods travel from Asia to Europe and then America and back to Africa and who pays for this?
More jobs for DHL and other logistic companies(In Europe)

We should not be happy grateful or celebrating but when a people have been deprived for so long this is difficult.
We should encourage Nigerian or African Amazons or force Amazon to incorporate in Nigeria and pay taxes in Nigeria and employ Nigerians. Everything Amazon does Nigerians can and should do. We should not be grateful for an opportunity to spend our money. Nigeria is potentially a top 10 economy if our young people dare to dream. Amazon is quite simply a middle man.

This is the sort of move that our government should pay strategic interest to. We should learn from countries like Malaysia and Indonesia. If we must consume let us do so in a way that creates Nigerian jobs e.g why are there no major companies making phones laptops etc in Nigeria in large numbers . No Asian country with our population will put up with that. I was pained to see photos of GEJ shopping in London,he is entitled to do so but you can bet nothing he bought was made in London . It is all China or Asia these days(almost all anyway) Another example is perfume ,make up and alcohol. A huge drain on our Forex for things we can and should make. Let Amazon come but let us do what the Chinese do learn their secrets,copy and take over.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amazon Now Ships Any Item To Nigeria And Kenya - No Third Party Involved by Nobody: 10:18am On Oct 05, 2015
loiszandi:

I'm happy for you. No more wearing same undies for a week straight. So so happy for u
Re: Amazon Now Ships Any Item To Nigeria And Kenya - No Third Party Involved by Nobody: 10:18am On Oct 05, 2015
PLS DO THEY SHIP LIGHT? I NEED TO WATCH TELEMUNDO angry angry
Re: Amazon Now Ships Any Item To Nigeria And Kenya - No Third Party Involved by Nobody: 10:20am On Oct 05, 2015
Sai Buhari
Re: Amazon Now Ships Any Item To Nigeria And Kenya - No Third Party Involved by imsuboi(m): 10:21am On Oct 05, 2015
emeka2847:
Thank you GMB. Thank God for a respected government.
You _idiots never cease to amaze me.

1 Like

Re: Amazon Now Ships Any Item To Nigeria And Kenya - No Third Party Involved by hedgesfun(m): 10:23am On Oct 05, 2015
well yes you are very correct, but as you know Amazon's concept was copied by konga and jumia, i.e they sell and they have so many other marketers on their platform, thus all am saying is it's only products sold directly by Amazon you can ship to Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dangote: "Kano & Kaduna Must Account For My Donations"; Gives Ultimatum / Femi Otedola Dances With His Daughters, DJ Cuppy And Temi (Video) / Naira gain: Pressure Mounts On FX Hoarders To Sell Off Dollars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.