Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:41 AM

Amazon Now Ships Any Item To Nigeria And Kenya - No Third Party Involved - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Amazon Now Ships Any Item To Nigeria And Kenya - No Third Party Involved (35977 Views)

32 Ships Laden With Petroleum Products, Food Items, To Arrive Lagos Ports / Amazon Now Ships To Nigeria. Nigerians React. / Can The Imo River Take (large) Ships? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amazon Now Ships Any Item To Nigeria And Kenya - No Third Party Involved by ammyluv2002(f): 11:18am On Oct 05, 2015
Ebimablog:
Hahahaaa, I dont have any answer to your query,but am sure the new Amazong global programe acording to source already removed that barrier of custom duty.Please read my full post on my blog or take a look at the Raw info on Amazon website http://amzn.to/1JOe7vo, i believe that should provide answer to your query

Okay, i will check out your blog
Re: Amazon Now Ships Any Item To Nigeria And Kenya - No Third Party Involved by Ebimablog: 11:21am On Oct 05, 2015
Yea ,i said so cos i do things like that from PC,then ensure you use the Filter,see the attached image or follow http://amzn.to/1VyBnK0 ,all games there ships to Nigeria
hakinze00:
some ps4 games but i used my fone sha,so d op said i shud tried using pc

Re: Amazon Now Ships Any Item To Nigeria And Kenya - No Third Party Involved by hakinze00(m): 11:23am On Oct 05, 2015
Ebimablog:

Yea ,i said so cos i do things like that from PC,then ensure you use the Filter,see the attached image or follow http://amzn.to/1VyBnK0 ,all games there ships to Nigeria
Ok i wil try dat when i get home and gv u a feedback
Re: Amazon Now Ships Any Item To Nigeria And Kenya - No Third Party Involved by femmypages1(m): 11:24am On Oct 05, 2015
Amazon still have a strong competition from Jumia and Konga. It also depends on the time and flexibility. www.virtualhub.com.ng
Re: Amazon Now Ships Any Item To Nigeria And Kenya - No Third Party Involved by Ebimablog: 11:27am On Oct 05, 2015
He didnt say you lied,This new program that included NG as part of Amazon International started this year and from what u wrote u ordered last year,so your situation is clearly different

ammyluv2002:
I don't understand why we have trust issues in Nigeria. Why would i lie?
Re: Amazon Now Ships Any Item To Nigeria And Kenya - No Third Party Involved by ammyluv2002(f): 11:28am On Oct 05, 2015
Ebimablog:

He didnt say you lied,This new program that included NG as part of Amazon International started this year and from what u wrote u ordered last year,so your situation is clearly different

Well, you're right!
Re: Amazon Now Ships Any Item To Nigeria And Kenya - No Third Party Involved by lekeshoow: 11:31am On Oct 05, 2015
ollah1:
Nice nw I can order case for my phone

Yay!! Its on the fp. I can't believe that. I finally made it. Ftc toh badt. I had a very SUPER SWEET WEEKEND. It was nice seeing Chelsea and Man u lose, chai. Thier noise go reduce small.

I dedicate this space to ughhhhh

To the fans that enjoyed the weekend just like me.

May God bless our week.
i am a liverpool fan, had a great weekend too, as we happily saw Brendan Rodgers sacked.
Re: Amazon Now Ships Any Item To Nigeria And Kenya - No Third Party Involved by lazinny(m): 11:38am On Oct 05, 2015
California30:

Don't try to front
I'm a Nigerian, so i know what's up with street addresses in Nigeria.
Let's not talk about Lagos & Abuja.
Let's talk about IMO state, Abia state, Kano, Jigawa, Ebonyi
Bro, you obviously don't shop online(aliexpress,asos and the others) Or u are among those that think Nigeria is still a primitive jungle. For your info, I live in Enugu, with a complete house No. & street address, zip code, P.O box too. As for customers that have exact address issues, all they need 2 do is give name of a street nearby, and the area,state and phone number(obviously). either way, once it gets in custody of the nearest post office, they will give you a call then you go to the office and pick it up. The post offices n enugu handle these perfectly, I cn testify to that.

1 Like

Re: Amazon Now Ships Any Item To Nigeria And Kenya - No Third Party Involved by Onegai(f): 11:45am On Oct 05, 2015
u
omonnakoda:
It is always good to think of the bigger picture. Yes I agree that Nigerians like everyone else are entitled to buy shiny things.

But we must remember

Shopping with Amazon is consumption and consuming without producing has been our bane.
If you consume goods from abroad you have to sell something back what are we selling besides oil
What is it that entitles us to consume?
Only the productive deserve to consume
Amazon is not a Nigerian company and will not pay taxes in Nigeria
When we consume we are spending scarce foreign exchange and creating jobs NOT in Nigeria but in Amazon's home countries and in those countries that manufacture what Amazon sells. Interestingly most of what Amazon sells is manufactured in China and other Asian countries . More jobs in those countries and fewer in ours. The goods travel from Asia to Europe and then America and back to Africa and who pays for this?
More jobs for DHL and other logistic companies(In Europe)

We should not be happy grateful or celebrating but when a people have been deprived for so long this is difficult.
We should encourage Nigerian or African Amazons or force Amazon to incorporate in Nigeria and pay taxes in Nigeria and employ Nigerians. Everything Amazon does Nigerians can and should do. We should not be grateful for an opportunity to spend our money. Nigeria is potentially a top 10 economy if our young people dare to dream. Amazon is quite simply a middle man.

This is the sort of move that our government should pay strategic interest to. We should learn from countries like Malaysia and Indonesia. If we must consume let us do so in a way that creates Nigerian jobs e.g why are there no major companies making phones laptops etc in Nigeria in large numbers . No Asian country with our population will put up with that. I was pained to see photos of GEJ shopping in London,he is entitled to do so but you can bet nothing he bought was made in London . It is all China or Asia these days(almost all anyway) Another example is perfume ,make up and alcohol. A huge drain on our Forex for things we can and should make. Let Amazon come but let us do what the Chinese do learn their secrets,copy and take over.
Re: Amazon Now Ships Any Item To Nigeria And Kenya - No Third Party Involved by kishimi8(m): 11:51am On Oct 05, 2015
ammyluv2002:
I don't understand why we have trust issues in Nigeria. Why would i lie?

Haba never said you lied, what I said is they might have got local partners or setup warehouses, recently, so the experience you had might not be the same with the present conditions of their service.
Sorry
Re: Amazon Now Ships Any Item To Nigeria And Kenya - No Third Party Involved by Jasi7(m): 11:54am On Oct 05, 2015
Ebimablog:
Yes you will get your items/goods anywhere in Nigeria provided you provide detailed address

U too much bro...thank u very plenty
Re: Amazon Now Ships Any Item To Nigeria And Kenya - No Third Party Involved by ammyluv2002(f): 11:58am On Oct 05, 2015
kishimi8:

Haba never said you lied, what I said is they might have got local partners or setup warehouses, recently, so the experience you had might not be the same with the present conditions of their service.
Sorry
It's okay! I didn't get you right, thought otherwise . I'm sorry too
Re: Amazon Now Ships Any Item To Nigeria And Kenya - No Third Party Involved by kishimi8(m): 11:59am On Oct 05, 2015
California30:

Don't try to front
I'm a Nigerian, so i know what's up with street addresses in Nigeria.
Let's not talk about Lagos & Abuja.
Let's talk about IMO state, Abia state, Kano, Jigawa, Ebonyi

Don't know much about southern nigeria but all streets in kano even ghettos have Street names, house numbers etc, was done by kwankwaso, you can go ask

Abuja not all parts, have addresses
Re: Amazon Now Ships Any Item To Nigeria And Kenya - No Third Party Involved by Ebimablog: 12:03pm On Oct 05, 2015
Even my street in my village is well named and numbered

kishimi8:

Don't know much about southern nigeria but all streets in kano even ghettos have Street names, house numbers etc, was done by kwankwaso, you can go ask

Abuja not all parts, have addresses
Re: Amazon Now Ships Any Item To Nigeria And Kenya - No Third Party Involved by kishimi8(m): 12:04pm On Oct 05, 2015
Ebimablog:
Even my street in my village is well named and numbered

OK... maybe he does not live in nigeria or has not been home for quite some time, but honestly been posting things and getting them
Re: Amazon Now Ships Any Item To Nigeria And Kenya - No Third Party Involved by khassy(m): 12:55pm On Oct 05, 2015
wman:

it's so obvious you are ignorant about Amazon.
One of the top companies in the world with international repute.
Largest shipper of online goods in the world.

do they do pay on delivery undecidedundecided
Re: Amazon Now Ships Any Item To Nigeria And Kenya - No Third Party Involved by marv1: 1:01pm On Oct 05, 2015
California30:
To what address will the items be shipped to ?? Because i know Nigerian don't have street & house addresses or Zip code.
really? Do u live on a tree?

1 Like

Re: Amazon Now Ships Any Item To Nigeria And Kenya - No Third Party Involved by Ebimablog: 1:05pm On Oct 05, 2015
no
khassy:

do they do pay on delivery undecidedundecided
Re: Amazon Now Ships Any Item To Nigeria And Kenya - No Third Party Involved by Boss13: 1:08pm On Oct 05, 2015
Bad news for Konga and Jumia
Re: Amazon Now Ships Any Item To Nigeria And Kenya - No Third Party Involved by RaeMystix: 1:10pm On Oct 05, 2015
Finally!!!!!.....I do need to inform two wonderful family members about this info. The stress was real grin.
Re: Amazon Now Ships Any Item To Nigeria And Kenya - No Third Party Involved by azzima(m): 1:54pm On Oct 05, 2015
Naija scammers will make them rescind that decision soon

1 Like

Re: Amazon Now Ships Any Item To Nigeria And Kenya - No Third Party Involved by SmartMugu: 2:03pm On Oct 05, 2015
What payment methods are available for Nigerian orders. On Amazon?
Re: Amazon Now Ships Any Item To Nigeria And Kenya - No Third Party Involved by chukel(m): 2:13pm On Oct 05, 2015
This is not new. They have been shipping selected items to nigeria for over a year. But believe me, u wouldn't want to go that way. The shipping fee is a complete rip off
Re: Amazon Now Ships Any Item To Nigeria And Kenya - No Third Party Involved by richie9093(m): 2:39pm On Oct 05, 2015
i think this will mean Competition for Konga, Jumia and the likes
Re: Amazon Now Ships Any Item To Nigeria And Kenya - No Third Party Involved by richie9093(m): 2:41pm On Oct 05, 2015
chukel:
This is not new. They have been shipping selected items to nigeria for over a year. But believe me, u wouldn't want to go that way. The shipping fee is a complete rip off

to be fair, some products have free shipping to anywhere if you spend more than a certain amount of money.
Re: Amazon Now Ships Any Item To Nigeria And Kenya - No Third Party Involved by laidback(m): 2:50pm On Oct 05, 2015
its not entirely true. I buy from Amazon alot and I'm a prime member. There are more things that they do not ship to Nigeria than those that they do. Even some items that are prime and fulfilled by amazon. But the international retailers are beginning to open up their markets to Nigeria. Macy's and Selfridges started about a month ago so Amazon is even a late entrant. However unlike Amazon that is sure to deliver, i realized items I paid for on Macy's weren't shipped until I had to call and they told me the order was cancelled. This has happened twice and so I'm wondering if they are not ready to ship to Nigeria, why tell people you are?
Re: Amazon Now Ships Any Item To Nigeria And Kenya - No Third Party Involved by Elxandre(m): 2:56pm On Oct 05, 2015
loiszandi:
I can now place order for my panties, bras, make up kits and lots more. #happy me
Panties don finish for Nigeria abi
Ok kontinu....
Re: Amazon Now Ships Any Item To Nigeria And Kenya - No Third Party Involved by Elxandre(m): 3:07pm On Oct 05, 2015
ammyluv2002:
Bros, you make it sound so simple! I bought an item from Amazon August, 2014 and i received in February, 2015. It wasn't shipped to my address, Nipost called that i should come pick up my item and i had to pay the compulsory #500.
Pls, can you explain why it took them so long ? Why the item wasn't shipped to my address
That was probably the shipping type you selected.
Re: Amazon Now Ships Any Item To Nigeria And Kenya - No Third Party Involved by allcomage: 3:19pm On Oct 05, 2015
ThisMeansWAR:
sorry, leme ask a stupidd questions that am to lazy to find answers to.

What is the mod of payment acceptable by amazon and when they ship, its through which courrier or they do door to door like our jumia and konga?
Visa card,master card&others but still not everything that they will ship.i just placed orders but they refused some so I placed with us address and they accepted .my person will send them to me.
Re: Amazon Now Ships Any Item To Nigeria And Kenya - No Third Party Involved by arbitrage: 3:34pm On Oct 05, 2015
It was just yesterday I activated my selling items for global marketplace listing and international shipping on Amazon so that I can attract buyers worldwide. The USPS shipping may be their default method I think. If seller doesn't choose to list globally and ship internationally, I guess the item will still be sold within US only or within your Amazon registered marketplace.
Re: Amazon Now Ships Any Item To Nigeria And Kenya - No Third Party Involved by ammyluv2002(f): 3:37pm On Oct 05, 2015
Elxandre:

That was probably the shipping type you selected.
Maybe
Re: Amazon Now Ships Any Item To Nigeria And Kenya - No Third Party Involved by whoisuche: 4:27pm On Oct 05, 2015
burticious:
If you want to order from Amazon , I can order for you , I have enough funds in my Amazon account to do it for you , you pay me naira

Please can i have your email or phone no. this is mine. 08062599151 E-mail: whoisuche@yahoo.com. I need your urgent reply

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ajah Market, Lagos Is On Fire (Photo) / Femi Otedola Dances With His Daughters, DJ Cuppy And Temi (Video) / A Merchant Sings Yoruba Songs In Dubai For A Nigerian Woman (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.