Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,443 members, 7,812,333 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:52 AM

Stepping Away From The Lure Of Adultery - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Stepping Away From The Lure Of Adultery (724 Views)

Underaged Prostitutes Take Over Zimbabwe Bushes, Lure Passersby For Sex (Photos / Some Lies Guys Normally Used To Lure Ladies To The Bed / 10 Statements Ladies Normally Use To Lure Guys To Bed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stepping Away From The Lure Of Adultery by Emodeee: 1:23am On Oct 06, 2015
Adultery used to be a taboo. Something to hide and be ashamed about. It used to be about Older men probably having a mid-life crisis and women who had some sort of marital dissatisfaction.

These days, Adultery has gone on rampage and young marriages seem to be the worst-hit. there’s a lot of issues to address and talk about here but i am most concerned about the horde of young married men in their 30’s to Mid 40’s who prey on single women.

They are the smooth and smart talking, suave dressing, professional looking, ‘beard-ganging’ (or not) men who are fun, friendly, easy to talk to and hang out with, but will neglect to mention that they are married. (sometimes with kids!)
Another common line is to say they are unhappy in their marriage or in the middle of a divorce or they
are separated.

Dear young ladies, don’t let yourself be deceived. God loves you, understands you and know what is best for you. He sees your desire to love and be loved and in his own time, he will give you your own man.

Don’t be drooling over a toyota camry while God is busy planning to give you a Porshe.

FOCUS is also key here! for some weeks now, God has been speaking to me about FOCUS and how shifting my gaze and attention from him and his purpose drives me towards unproductive and dangerous pursuits.

Where is your focus? what attracts your attention? what occupies your thoughts? what drives you?
Matthew 6:33 (MSG)
30-33 “If God gives such attention to the appearance of wildflowers—most of which are never even seen—don’t you think he’ll attend to you, take pride in you, do his best for you? What I’m trying to do here is to get you to relax, to not be so preoccupied with getting, so you can respond to
God’s giving. People who don’t know God and the way he works fuss over these things, but you know both God and how he works. Steep your life in God-reality, God-initiative, God-provisions. Don’t worry about missing out. You’ll find all your everyday human concerns will be met.

When you worry so much aboutneeding, andwantingandgetting, you will leave yourself vulnerable to the devil who will bring distractions your way to trip you up and take you away from your purpose.

Step into God’s word and actually live your life like you believe what it says. It starts from the determination of a willing and ready heart. The Holy Spirit is given to us to help us in times like this you know. he’s right there, willing and available if only you will listen to him and not your emotions and the temporary cravings of your body.

Guess what? this married man predator syndrome is not just out there in the world. It’s in the church too! sadly.

So, you have to be vigilant. Do not be carried away by smooth, bible-quoting, cleverly disguised lies. Pray for a spirit of discernment and learn to pray about every friendship.

One regular prayer point of mine is for “God to end every friendship that is not built on a righteous foundation”. I also pray for my heart. I ask God to get rid of any affection i might have developed for someone who is not approved of God in my life.

When you pray such prayers, you have to mean it. Read, Study and Pray with Psalm 119. (Yes it’s ve-r-y long) Tell God continually how much you desire him and you’ll see that desire grow. and you’ll see your focus begin to shift from earth to divine.

Source: http://www.4lah.com/2015/10/02/stepping-away-from-the-lure-of-adultery/

Cc: lalasticlala
Re: Stepping Away From The Lure Of Adultery by echeprecious: 4:07am On Oct 06, 2015
hmmn
Re: Stepping Away From The Lure Of Adultery by Cutehector(m): 5:20am On Oct 06, 2015
Why is dis piece only directed towards the ladies? Nonsense... U guys r just biased.
Re: Stepping Away From The Lure Of Adultery by naijaboiy: 6:52am On Oct 06, 2015
Cutehector:
Why is dis piece only directed towards the ladies? Nonsense... U guys r just biased.
You can write your own piece directed towards men.
Re: Stepping Away From The Lure Of Adultery by Cutehector(m): 6:55am On Oct 06, 2015
naijaboiy:

You can write your own piece directed towards men.
sure I will, leme get don chasin smth far more important dan nairaland itself
Re: Stepping Away From The Lure Of Adultery by naijaboiy: 6:56am On Oct 06, 2015
Cutehector:
sure I will, leme get don chasin smth far more important dan nairaland itself
Lol...
Re: Stepping Away From The Lure Of Adultery by khassy(m): 6:57am On Oct 06, 2015
interesting article

KonjiNaBastard sha
Re: Stepping Away From The Lure Of Adultery by Emodeee: 7:26am On Oct 06, 2015
lalasticlala, let's go there.
Re: Stepping Away From The Lure Of Adultery by Nobody: 7:56am On Oct 06, 2015
Interesting piece..
Re: Stepping Away From The Lure Of Adultery by Emodeee: 8:35am On Oct 19, 2015
Lalasticlala, let's go there.

(1) (Reply)

Funny But TRUE!!! / 96% Of Women Are Liars, Honest / Why Do Ladies Always Get Shocked When They Re Proposed To??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.