Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,584 members, 7,820,109 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:53 AM

Power Supply Decline: Share your Experience - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Supply Decline: Share your Experience (20417 Views)

Saraki Visits Berlin Germany To Improve Power Supply In Nigeria (Pics) / Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo / Nigeria Risks Economic Decline –buhari: Punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Supply Decline: Share your Experience by Nobody: 1:39pm On Oct 07, 2015
joseph1832:
Where in Egbeda are currently? Learn not to generalize abeg. I stay in Egbeda, my hustle is in Egbeda and the power is not as you paint it dear.

Abeg which area in Egbeda is currently having blackouts? Name them please.

In Alakuko I can say emphatically that the power supply is Zero. Particularly Dalemo axis.

So over to you madam!.

Garki? What about in Otuoke?

Like seriously, you're surprised people are not complaining? I wonder why you didn't complain about this blackout when your hero GEJ was in Aso Rock, or wasn't there series of blackout when GEJ was in power?

continue to follow me around until I will Knock you down while driving.

4 Likes

Re: Power Supply Decline: Share your Experience by Themandator: 1:39pm On Oct 07, 2015
It has been erratic, honestly..... I just pray the fuel scarcity that is looming doesn't become manifest.
Re: Power Supply Decline: Share your Experience by Nobody: 1:39pm On Oct 07, 2015
Businesses are crumbling because there are no free flow of cash.Buhari should spray his ab.oki perfume to trigger his body odour and spark the needed change nigerians yearn for.
Re: Power Supply Decline: Share your Experience by joseph1832(m): 1:40pm On Oct 07, 2015
disloman:
For how many hours?Tell mi.I left there this morning.Isiba olowo street.There was light.They might not have it now but power supply in that area is still good.
There was light in Prince Abiodun Adebambo street oh, thats just at the back of Isiba Oluwo, and I know they share light in those places, even in Unity Estate.

Perhaps the reason why Unity Estate doesn't have light is because its been shared. I'm not surprised ECOTERRORS doesn't know this.

Na so dem go dey spread falsehood any how.

ECOTERRORS:
continue to follow me around until I will Knock you down while driving.
Madam! Which area for Egbeda you dey! Talk now and shame the devil.

Egbeda na my zone! God catch you today! No today I go expose your life make people know the kind of person you be. LMAO.

Na joke I dey oh!.
Re: Power Supply Decline: Share your Experience by LordMecuzy(m): 1:43pm On Oct 07, 2015
Acidosis:
Mr man better speak for your village only
Lol I Laff, you think I work in Nairaland forum?
Re: Power Supply Decline: Share your Experience by blesoh(f): 1:44pm On Oct 07, 2015
I dont knw if there is any part of calabar dat has light for d past 1wk,i was even thinking if Nepa re on strike,d blackout is terrible.
Re: Power Supply Decline: Share your Experience by Nobody: 1:44pm On Oct 07, 2015
victorels:

The Rain is gradually going and my words is gradually becomming reality.

Very soon people would stard to curse PHCN and Not Government that took the credit of Jonathan.

www.nairaland.com/2580752/suddenly-up-nepa-returned

@Op, improvement in power generation has very little to do with the rain, and it important for you to get the facts straight.
The decline in power generation during the last few years of the last administration was largely due to gas pipeline vandalism, but for this, many Nigerians would have actually experienced improved power supply.
I started enjoying very constant and stable power supply at an average of 20 hrs/day since January 2014 after an 11MVA substation was completed and commissioned in the area where I live; this was part of the NIPP project which the last administration gave a lot of attention. We were able to build so much capacity after so many NIPP gas turbine plants were completed and commissioned across the country. However, pipeline vandals made sure that this huge success would not be felt by Nigerians and they actually succeeded in doing this.

I personally blame the past administration for not checking the activity of the vandals who made rubbish of its very impressive effort to improve power supply.

Surprisingly, after the 2015 election, the activity of the pipeline vandals seemed to vanish and this began to reflect in the experience of improved power supply among many Nigerians. The recent drop in power supply however can again be attributed to activities of vandals yet again who seem to have lost the initial fear they had upon resumption of a new regime. Just last month, 10 DSS operatives were killed by these vandals in Arepo; in July 4, JTF soldiers were also killed in the creeks of Bayelsa.

The only plausible explanation in favour of the rain argument for me is that around this time of the year, the jungles used by these vandals are all waterlogged and this has reduced their presence and subsequently their nefarious activity. I see their activities climbing up when the rains go away and if the present govt does not begin now to plan on a counter measure, we may very well slip back into the dark days.
Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Power Supply Decline: Share your Experience by LordMecuzy(m): 1:45pm On Oct 07, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
Onye asi
Lol Nwanyi ogini?
Re: Power Supply Decline: Share your Experience by blesoh(f): 1:47pm On Oct 07, 2015
VOICEOFJUSTICE:
IN CALABAR HERE THERE HAS BEEN NO LIGHT FOR THE PAST 3 MONTHS.
my area its going to 2wks,Ekorinim more than 3wks.i thought they re on strike
Re: Power Supply Decline: Share your Experience by slap1(m): 1:47pm On Oct 07, 2015
Even power banks can't save me from low battery these days.

1 Like

Re: Power Supply Decline: Share your Experience by viktor01(m): 1:48pm On Oct 07, 2015
HAHAHAHAHAHA. The breeze don blow away the boby odour.
MAY GOD HELP THIS COUNTRY.
Re: Power Supply Decline: Share your Experience by Enesi47: 1:48pm On Oct 07, 2015
For orile agege area Dosnt different from aso rock now with constant light
Re: Power Supply Decline: Share your Experience by Nobody: 1:50pm On Oct 07, 2015
Idiataqueen:
like seriouly ur lie get weight
Where do u stay @Ib?...Idiatqueen?... Most probably University of ibadan....Now Counter me wit fact... They brought d light 2:30Pm on Sunday afternoon, Dat's immediately afta First half of Lvpool Vs Everton match and dy neva took it off till 7PM on Monday....D power was restored exactly 2:00am on Tuesday...Till 6:ooam in d morning, it didn't blink... Immediately after solat they took it and it was restored in lessthan 30SECS.... They did dat for up to Five times yesterday....Took and restored in Less than 30SeCS....Till i left om this morning the light was still on..... Counter me with Facts.. Thanks
Re: Power Supply Decline: Share your Experience by ceejay80s(m): 1:50pm On Oct 07, 2015
Firefire:

[size=15pt]
The perfume used to suppress Buhari body odour has expired[/size]
. cheesy grin

24 Hours blackout in recent time and no explanation from the government of "Body Language"

No explanation? Did u protest?
Go to the street and protest and u will see result, all these grumbling for nairaland won't help
Re: Power Supply Decline: Share your Experience by ihedioramma: 1:50pm On Oct 07, 2015
LordMecuzy:
Power supply 22hours in Abuja,Benue, Kogi, Niger,Taraba, Nasarrawa I can't say about other states..

I don't spend much for my little biz on petrol...

Dear Buhari please keep it on..

God Bless u
Anambra and delta state lovely
Re: Power Supply Decline: Share your Experience by blank(f): 1:51pm On Oct 07, 2015
I read on Vanguard the Egbin power plant staff are having a tussle with the management. Thus they shut the plant down. Egbin generates 1,100MW and is the biggest generating plant. You can imagine the impact.

1 Like

Re: Power Supply Decline: Share your Experience by Enesi47: 1:52pm On Oct 07, 2015
Philistine:
Stable power supply in Mafoluku/Oshodi. Too much Light fa!
ha boss mafoluku is my friend area ooo! That place is even enjoy light pass alausa
Re: Power Supply Decline: Share your Experience by Nobody: 1:53pm On Oct 07, 2015
ECOTERRORS:

hiamu gunuvi Truckpusher Rozayx5 bomsilaga exxell erunz dunsman nigerianvenom Ishiamu nwadiuko1, ibokUtoroh, Koded, Ecoterrors, iPrinz20 Aprokoman, OcheJoseph, Dearpreye, Firefire, Tomakint Francizy, Temitemi1, Hinwazaka Ecoterrors, Dumkem21 Biafranqueen, Mogidi, Mizmycoli, IsraeliAirforce, Candyrain, Ambivert, Rose2014, Provacateur, Opiaoku, NDPVF, Anonimi, Engineerboat, Talktimi, ahaika23, coolestrogue APCSucks Emperortj93 ,tonyebarcanista
Otunsman not dunsman.
Re: Power Supply Decline: Share your Experience by Nobody: 1:55pm On Oct 07, 2015
The northern part of naija enjoys steady power supply than other regions.
Re: Power Supply Decline: Share your Experience by Nobody: 1:56pm On Oct 07, 2015
Lobeez:

@Op, improvement in power generation has very little to do with the rain, and it important for you to get the facts straight.
The decline in power generation during the last few years of the last administration was largely due to gas pipeline vandalism, but for this, many Nigerians would have actually experienced improved power supply.
I started enjoying very constant and stable power supply at an average of 20 hrs/day since January 2014 after an 11MVA substation was completed and commissioned in the area where I live; this was part of the NIPP project which the last administration gave a lot of attention. We were able to build so much capacity after so many NIPP gas turbine plants were completed and commissioned across the country. However, pipeline vandals made sure that this huge success would not be felt by Nigerians and they actually succeeded in doing this.

I personally blame the past administration for not checking the activity of the vandals who made rubbish of its very impressive effort to improve power supply.

Surprisingly, after the 2015 election, the activity of the pipeline vandals seemed to vanish and this began to reflect in the experience of improved power supply among many Nigerians. The recent drop in power supply however can again be attributed to activities of vandals yet again who seem to have lost the initial fear they had upon resumption of a new regime. Just last month, 10 DSS operatives were killed by these vandals in Arepo; in July 4 JTF soldiers were also killed in the creeks of Bayelsa.

The only plausible explanation in favour of the rain argument for me is that around this time of the year, the jungles used by these vandals are all waterlogged and this has reduced their presence and subsequently their nefarious activity. I see their activities climbing up when the rains go away and if the present govt does not begin now to plan on a counter measure, we may very well slip back into the dark days.
Thanks

I got you.

The major challenge to our power supply Is availability of gas that powers most of the power stations.

But How much do Nigeria have to spend to keep the power station running for 24 Hours. Why is it that some areas on the same grid would have light while others won't. It all boils down to the ability of the power generating stations and transformers to carry the load and heat as a result of power consumption.

During the rainy season, the weather is relatively cold and the rain also does a lot to cool down these equipment.

When we talk about the rain, its not always about Dam water. Besides, some grids are connected to power generated from by dams.
Re: Power Supply Decline: Share your Experience by star2008(m): 1:56pm On Oct 07, 2015
The situation is worst here in ilasan lekki Ajah. PMB do something o
Re: Power Supply Decline: Share your Experience by Donsammi(m): 1:57pm On Oct 07, 2015
Well uninterrupted power supply here in abj..... .. We Don tire for lite.. Jst that the AEDC(ABUJA ELECTRICITY DISTRIBUTION COMPANY) CARD DEY FINISH QUICK DIZ DAYS
Re: Power Supply Decline: Share your Experience by Nobody: 1:57pm On Oct 07, 2015
Emekamex:
Buhari's body odour is on the decline. Where is Lai Mohammed when you need him.
He is now the minister of propaganda.
Re: Power Supply Decline: Share your Experience by menix(m): 1:58pm On Oct 07, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
lol no vex, I wanted to call out exell cos he is living in Owerri and should be in the best position to answer Aunty Beremx

Menix nd exell nah different spelling.
Don't tell me u re a secret admirer cous am already admiring u too.. tongue

Asa Nwanyi...
Re: Power Supply Decline: Share your Experience by HzRF(m): 1:58pm On Oct 07, 2015
lagmostkuit:
My folks says it's the same @ home in lag buh here in osun state, power supply is actually their pride grin

Buhari's body language is no longer functioning I guess..
Where in osun

Cuz no light in owode ede right now
Re: Power Supply Decline: Share your Experience by thundafire: 1:59pm On Oct 07, 2015
body language of daura cow in aso villa wen u try to steal someone glory nd say it's urs it will nt last start to build 3 refineries in 3 yrs oooo,cs u dn choose dy saints 2 lead us down dy corruption hole instead of goin out
Re: Power Supply Decline: Share your Experience by yungcheda(m): 2:00pm On Oct 07, 2015
everything has become worse. boko haram has killed more people in a short time. nepa has become worse Dan it used to be. unemployment rate has increased. our baba is just visiting d whole world and doing nothing...na wa ooo
Re: Power Supply Decline: Share your Experience by litaninja(m): 2:01pm On Oct 07, 2015
@OP, I doubt the rains have very much to do with the power supply issues. Remember, we had rainy seasons during GEJ's tenure. The fact that there was a spate of improved power means that indeed we CAN have better power supply if all responsible parties play their parts right. Imagine when the president of a country is paying militants not to be militant, or awarding security contracts to known vandals. This current regimeat least appears to have an idea of what needs to be done other than just staring without a clue.
Make we dey look as e dey go na....imagine if 13 Billion POUNDS went into power infrastructure....just imagine.
Re: Power Supply Decline: Share your Experience by predatorX: 2:01pm On Oct 07, 2015
warrior01:
Buhari's darkness everywhere. No light, no salary, no ongoing capital projects, no portable water, boko haram tension everywhere... Is this the change Nigerians asked for? This is becoming pathetic

you mean no salary or..................... no looting grin grin grin grin grin grin Una don forget how to work and earn a noble pay. everyone complaining of things being tight were beneficiaries of corruption under the previous govt.

meanwhile, in my area for lag, light has dropped from 22hrs a day to 18hrs a day. That in its own light is a knock for PMB.
Buhariphobia is wearing off. WE NEED TO CALL HIS ATTENTION TO IT. grin grin grin grin
the people wey dey enjoy light pass na OSUN State.
Re: Power Supply Decline: Share your Experience by Nobody: 2:01pm On Oct 07, 2015
HzRF:

Where in osun

Cuz no light in owode ede right now
I'm @ irepodun LGA..

The light only goes off whenever it wants to rain, there was light dis morning b4 I left for work sef.
Re: Power Supply Decline: Share your Experience by Nobody: 2:02pm On Oct 07, 2015
Lobeez:

Surprisingly, after the 2015 election, the activity of the pipeline vandals seemed to vanish and this began to reflect in the experience of improved power supply among many Nigerians. The recent drop in power supply however can again be attributed to activities of vandals yet again who seem to have lost the initial fear they had upon resumption of a new regime. Just last month, 10 DSS operatives were killed by these vandals in Arepo; in July 4, JTF soldiers were also killed in the creeks of Bayelsa.

Thanks

Reasonable. Just saw that part.
Re: Power Supply Decline: Share your Experience by aleem50(m): 2:02pm On Oct 07, 2015
olatunji21:
Don't know of other places but here in Agbowo Ibadan, it's been relatively stable....Infact since last Sunday i don't tink dere's been power cut for up to 10hrs from a possible 84hrs......
absolutely true, I also lives in Agbowo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fire At NNPC Station In Kaduna / Aregbesola's Light Up Project In Osun (Photos) / Why We Sacked TCN MD – Fashola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.