Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

Power Supply Decline: Share your Experience - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Supply Decline: Share your Experience (20408 Views)

Saraki Visits Berlin Germany To Improve Power Supply In Nigeria (Pics) / Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo / Nigeria Risks Economic Decline –buhari: Punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Supply Decline: Share your Experience by Swash042(m): 2:04pm On Oct 07, 2015
Same hia....no Power supply since yesterday evenin , even up-till nw sef
Re: Power Supply Decline: Share your Experience by Nobody: 2:04pm On Oct 07, 2015
otunsman:
Otunsman not dunsman.
What happend to your dunsman account
Re: Power Supply Decline: Share your Experience by Nobody: 2:04pm On Oct 07, 2015
disloman:
Do you mind that goat in human form?She is born liar.
Bro,light dey your area no mean say light dey every street in your neighborhood. Find time to walk around.There is light in mafoluku/oshodi doesn't mean that it's every street in mafoluku that has light.Even if it's a minor fault, why is it taking nepa forever to come and fix it?Don't they pay light bills?
Re: Power Supply Decline: Share your Experience by HzRF(m): 2:05pm On Oct 07, 2015
lagmostkuit:

I'm @ irepodun LGA..

The light only goes off whenever it wants to rain, there was light dis morning b4 I left for work sef.
M in ede North LG

Our light has suffered set back gan
Re: Power Supply Decline: Share your Experience by Nobody: 2:06pm On Oct 07, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
What happend to your dunsman account
Maybe you are talking to dunsman not Otunsman.
Re: Power Supply Decline: Share your Experience by kaywhynoni: 2:07pm On Oct 07, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
I was in Port Harcourt for close to 2 months and I can say with all confidence that power supply was erratic all through my stay and somedays we do go without light for two days. I stayed in Ada George axis then

I'm back in Lagos now and the situation is same with power interruption now the order of the day and also some days we experience total blackout.
Ogudu is now synonymous with blackout

Kindly share your own experience
Do you stay in ogudu?
Re: Power Supply Decline: Share your Experience by demandtruth: 2:09pm On Oct 07, 2015
ECOTERRORS:

hiamu gunuvi Truckpusher Rozayx5 bomsilaga exxell erunz dunsman nigerianvenom Ishiamu nwadiuko1, ibokUtoroh, Koded, Ecoterrors, iPrinz20 Aprokoman, OcheJoseph, Dearpreye, Firefire, Tomakint Francizy, Temitemi1, Hinwazaka Ecoterrors, Dumkem21 Biafranqueen, Mogidi, Mizmycoli, IsraeliAirforce, Candyrain, Ambivert, Rose2014, Provacateur, Opiaoku, NDPVF, Anonimi, Engineerboat, Talktimi, ahaika23, coolestrogue APCSucks Emperortj93 ,tonyebarcanista

So, you call all your wailers to come comment.

To you, it's all about politics. It's indeed a very terrible situation
that Nigeria is finding herself with people like you that think from
their anus.

PMB and all other governors are not going to feel this. It shouldn't be about politics

At this rate, you'll never see success when it comes. You condition your mind to
feel failures and be happy because you perceived that the government of the day
should fail, right.

2 Likes

Re: Power Supply Decline: Share your Experience by Walexsammy(m): 2:11pm On Oct 07, 2015
2rutalk1:

So you mean you were not in Nigeria by June/July last year when prof. Barth Nnaji was the Minister of Power? It was the same season that people started jubilation. Abeg!
I started jubilation January this year, and am still jubilating...No hard feelings
Re: Power Supply Decline: Share your Experience by miketayo(m): 2:12pm On Oct 07, 2015
victorels:

The Rain is gradually going and my words is gradually becomming reality.

Very soon people would stard to curse PHCN and Not Government that took the credit of Jonathan.

www.nairaland.com/2580752/suddenly-up-nepa-returned

Don't you read the papers, there was a sabotage by d transmission company in egbin
Re: Power Supply Decline: Share your Experience by Nobody: 2:13pm On Oct 07, 2015
otunsman:
Maybe you are talking to dunsman not Otunsman.
yes, dunsman
Re: Power Supply Decline: Share your Experience by tete7000(m): 2:14pm On Oct 07, 2015
Inside the barracks I live at Onike in Lagos, there has been no light for over a week now.
Re: Power Supply Decline: Share your Experience by Nobody: 2:15pm On Oct 07, 2015
kaywhynoni:
Do you stay in ogudu?
Do you want to visit me. Onye Isi mgbaka
Re: Power Supply Decline: Share your Experience by attention007(m): 2:15pm On Oct 07, 2015
ihedioramma:
Anambra and delta state lovely

Where I am in Warri, Delta state (Effurun to b precise) there's epileptic power since the end of September
Re: Power Supply Decline: Share your Experience by MabraO: 2:16pm On Oct 07, 2015
How come only pdpi..g folk seem to be complaining of decline in electricity
This clearly shows una be enemy of progress
Re: Power Supply Decline: Share your Experience by moyarhtohbadt(f): 2:17pm On Oct 07, 2015
Very cool. Guys please help me win the #silverbirdvjsearch by liking my video on instagram, @moh_og_ .God bless
Re: Power Supply Decline: Share your Experience by Dynaman(m): 2:17pm On Oct 07, 2015
For straight three days till now! no blackout in kaduna, kaduna state kind of serious improvement and the city is becoming interesting.
Re: Power Supply Decline: Share your Experience by miketayo(m): 2:17pm On Oct 07, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
No, mizmycoli did and we all welcomed the improvement in power supply. Why is there a decline now?

Dont u read d papers? There was a sabotage by some workers in d transmission station in egbin which led to 1000mw drop in generation since Friday. Until that is fixed blackout ll continue

1 Like

Re: Power Supply Decline: Share your Experience by miketayo(m): 2:20pm On Oct 07, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
A power supply decline will affect the manufacturing sector which is dealing with FGN unfavourable economic policies which will now lead to retrenchment of their workforce.

APC has scammed us for real

Wen u don't read papers.. I don't see how this is linked with APC
Re: Power Supply Decline: Share your Experience by Nobody: 2:22pm On Oct 07, 2015
victorels:

I got you.

The major challenge to our power supply Is availability of gas that powers most of the power stations.

But How much do Nigeria have to spend to keep the power station running for 24 Hours. Why is it that some areas on the same grid would have light while others won't. It all boils down to the ability of the power generating stations and transformers to carry the load and heat as a result of power consumption.

During the rainy season, the weather is relatively cold and the rain also does a lot to cool down these equipment.

When we talk about the rain, its not always about Dam water. Besides, some grids are connected to power generated from by dams.

Whenever there is drop in power generation, load shedding becomes the next option; power is usually supplied based on priority. For example, if you live around an industrial area, it is most likely that power will be supplied more to the industries rather than the residential areas and if you are lucky to be connected to the same high priority line as the industries, you may enjoy better power supply.

Unless a transformer is faulty, ambient temperature shouldn't be a problem as most the transformers used are oil-filled and these oils are stable at high temperature.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Power Supply Decline: Share your Experience by viktor01(m): 2:25pm On Oct 07, 2015
My name is Chinedu from Anambra State. I deal on Generators and their spare parts. I must say that the business has been very bad for the past few months but is currently booming. Thanks to APC and their lies.
Generator dey sale like mad now.

1 Like

Re: Power Supply Decline: Share your Experience by Nobody: 2:27pm On Oct 07, 2015
Idiataqueen:
like seriouly ur lie get weight
aleem50:
absolutely true, I also lives in Agbowo.
Idiataqueen:
like seriouly ur lie get weight
I just got home now and d light is stil ON
Re: Power Supply Decline: Share your Experience by banio: 2:27pm On Oct 07, 2015
My brother Ada George is known for blackout. That's where I live. I spend nothing less than 20K on fuel, that's because Am managing.
I heard Intels at Onne warf intend sacking 7000 staff. Buhari is taking this con3 back to 1983.
GOD pls help
Re: Power Supply Decline: Share your Experience by Nobody: 2:28pm On Oct 07, 2015
I'm use to 2 hours electricity evreryday for d past 5 years sometimes total blackouts for a week nothing has change Nigeria is a failed zoo.

ask anyone around ugbowo/uselu bcity
Re: Power Supply Decline: Share your Experience by Nobody: 2:30pm On Oct 07, 2015
Gaborone, what is the situation in your area?
Re: Power Supply Decline: Share your Experience by saintfederic: 2:31pm On Oct 07, 2015
here in ife we experienced an improvement in the power supply for about 2wiks and then it went horribly bad...2hrs of light in the last 3days and fuel sef is #100. very frustrating
Re: Power Supply Decline: Share your Experience by onismate: 2:32pm On Oct 07, 2015
Beremx:
If everywhere you stay you experience black-out,then I think you are the problem.

Try and relocate to the desert where you won't be a problem to NEPA.

Thank you! grin grin

NB

Don't take my comment seriously,I was only joking o!
I was almost taking you serious until I saw the disclaimer. Well you try shah. OP the thing is everywhere. In my own area, before we use to have electricity for about 30minutes per day in 5 times a week but the thing Don improve to at least 1hour per day.
Re: Power Supply Decline: Share your Experience by YOUNGKAHUNA: 2:35pm On Oct 07, 2015
Dunno what the Op is talking bout but here in Jos the plateau state capital, the light has been stable.
Re: Power Supply Decline: Share your Experience by onlinebethel(f): 2:42pm On Oct 07, 2015
ELECTRICITY SAVING BOX

Re: Power Supply Decline: Share your Experience by Nobody: 2:44pm On Oct 07, 2015
By Nigerian standards, and for the past 5 years,power has been relatively stable at my axis here in Woji, PH.
Re: Power Supply Decline: Share your Experience by ifeanyipaschal9(m): 2:52pm On Oct 07, 2015
Actually power has improved becaues There's always light in my house when ever I goes and come's back here in fct.
Re: Power Supply Decline: Share your Experience by macaranta(m): 2:52pm On Oct 07, 2015
The power increase looked like washy initially... but now I'm convinced was actually washy.
Re: Power Supply Decline: Share your Experience by luvprince4real(m): 2:53pm On Oct 07, 2015
warrior01:
Buhari's darkness everywhere. No light, no salary, no ongoing capital projects, no portable water, boko haram tension everywhere... Is this the change Nigerians asked for? This is becoming pathetic
indeed dis is d change, remember change may be either positive or negative.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Imo Releases State Budget First Time Since 2014 / Northern Group Backs 2023 Igbo Presidency, Charges Parties On Justice / Achebe's Civil War Memoir's Invitation For Fresh War — CPC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.