Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,026 members, 7,828,603 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:00 PM

Irrational, Uncontrollable Fear In Romance - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Irrational, Uncontrollable Fear In Romance (1526 Views)

Whats Your Greatest Fear In Life? / Women To Cut Off Her Face Because Of An Uncontrollable Condition: See For Urself / Uncontrollable Starring From A Girl To A Guy, Indicate Alot Of Things (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Irrational, Uncontrollable Fear In Romance by sweetlove(m): 8:19pm On Oct 09, 2006
Irrational, Uncontrollable Fear?

Many of the situations that guys screw up with women fit into the category of "caused by fear". Here are some of the types of fear that us guys experience, along with how I think they mess us up with women:

Fear of rejection. Here's the situation: You see a woman you'd like to approach, and you start thinking about talking to her. All of a sudden, you feel your throat get dry and your heart pounding. But it makes no sense. There's no DANGER in the situation, but you're feeling FEAR. As you think about it, you realize that you're afraid of her REJECTING you. And that fear keeps you from starting a conversation.

Fear of embarrassment. As you're thinking of approaching that same woman, you look around at the other people in the situation, and you wonder "What would THEY think if I went over and talked to her, but she REJECTED me, "?

Fear of someone else hurting you. Maybe you keep thinking about talking to her, and you even come up with something clever to say, but the more you think about it, the more you start to wonder "What if she has a boyfriend? What if he's not here yet? What if he walks in and sees me talking to his girlfriend, and gets upset? What if he HURTS me?"

Fear of loss. Here's one for you: Have you ever met a great woman, then found yourself thinking about her all the time, and WONDERING if she might be with another guy? You become afraid of losing something that you don't even HAVE yet. So what did you do? Of course, you called her, emailed her, and tried to "secretly" know what she was doing at all times. And what happened? She got creeped out, and stopped seeing you.

So what do all of these have in common? FEAR, that's what. And guess what? If you address the FEAR directly, you can overcome ALL of these AT THE SAME TIME.
Re: Irrational, Uncontrollable Fear In Romance by DaudaAbu(m): 12:47pm On Jul 27, 2009
Oya now. whats the soln de angelo?

If u re using to taking lifes decision on ur own y b bothered bout wat odas think of u

honestly i've not seen anybody dat a gal has slapped just frm talkin to her. or even abuse jst because u talked to her
Re: Irrational, Uncontrollable Fear In Romance by chinedumo(m): 6:00pm On Sep 02, 2010
nice write up
Re: Irrational, Uncontrollable Fear In Romance by Omolola1(f): 6:12pm On Sep 02, 2010
Nice write up; but too long

i had to skip through
Thumbs up! though cool
Re: Irrational, Uncontrollable Fear In Romance by Kelvinj(m): 6:20pm On Sep 02, 2010
Well the only solution 2 such fear is trying lol cos there's on harm in doin such. Maybe ur the 1 building those fears for urself
Re: Irrational, Uncontrollable Fear In Romance by LAGOS1976: 1:43am On Sep 03, 2010
hmmmmmmmmm
Re: Irrational, Uncontrollable Fear In Romance by LAGOS1976: 1:44am On Sep 03, 2010
make sence.
Re: Irrational, Uncontrollable Fear In Romance by double08(m): 2:06am On Sep 03, 2010
none of the above

my fear is the fear of hurting someone because when I run over her life she will never remain the same
Re: Irrational, Uncontrollable Fear In Romance by turban: 3:47am On Sep 03, 2010
U 're mouthed, so it is. Now wat 're d way forward?

(1) (Reply)

She Is Now Under Campus Pressure I Think, What Do I Do? / How To Help A Boyfriend Overcome Shyness / Wat Will U Do If U Find Out Dat Ur Daughter Is In Love N Pregnant For Ur Driver

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.