Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,755 members, 7,831,439 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:42 PM

Should Her Husband Pound Yam For Her? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should Her Husband Pound Yam For Her? (3677 Views)

Uk-based Wife Disrupts Wedding Between Her Husband & New Wife - pics / 10 Things Every Pregnant Wife Needs From Her Husband / See What This Wife Did To Her Husband(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Her Husband Pound Yam For Her? by Nobody: 10:14pm On Apr 25, 2009
invisible!:

Cant say you envy ma wife? You should not envy her because she is better than you already. The queen mother herself! She makes me feel like am her son, the best cook in the world, always on time.

Thief, better find your level.

You seem to love her more for her skills in the kitchen? What happens when she can no longer cook for you?
Re: Should Her Husband Pound Yam For Her? by invisible2(m): 10:14pm On Apr 25, 2009
Bros Davidylan, she started all these and I begged her to stop. Please allow me to finish her once and for all.
Re: Should Her Husband Pound Yam For Her? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 10:15pm On Apr 25, 2009
invisible, like your name aptly implies, you are insignificant. You dont have a level. Infact you are beneath a maggot in the animal kingdom. It'd be best if you kept quiet and let humans speak.

Im sure your wife is busy working while you are here arguing with girls like the pathetic gay that you are. Alailojuti.
Re: Should Her Husband Pound Yam For Her? by invisible2(m): 10:18pm On Apr 25, 2009
My wife is not working, she is fast asleep here and I will sleep only when your browsing credit finishes. OK you are one little girl, I pity the innocent man that will enter your trap, some situations are worse than hellfire.
Re: Should Her Husband Pound Yam For Her? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Apr 25, 2009
invisible!:

Bros Davidylan, she started all these and I begged her to stop. Please allow me to finish her once and for all.

She's your younger sister . . . ignore her if she insults you . . . after a while when her fingers are tired she will go abi. grin
Re: Should Her Husband Pound Yam For Her? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 10:22pm On Apr 25, 2009
David sharrap before I deal with you! Shey because the loser is your half brother abi? Continue  angry

I dont live in Nigeria. I dont rely on credit for internet you dumb bastard

It's 11pm in Naija and you are there arguing like a woman with PMS. Shouldnt you be in bed with this your imaginary wife sef cos I dont believe someone as daft can be married. You're way too dumb and juvenile. abi na mailorder bride  cheesy
Re: Should Her Husband Pound Yam For Her? by invisible2(m): 10:22pm On Apr 25, 2009
Okay bros, make I change threads and talk different matter.

Just thank Davidylan for this.
Re: Should Her Husband Pound Yam For Her? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 10:24pm On Apr 25, 2009
You should thank God David begged on your behalf.

Loser oni tea
Re: Should Her Husband Pound Yam For Her? by Nobody: 10:28pm On Apr 25, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

David sharrap before I deal with you! Shey because the loser is your half brother abi? Continue  angry

I dont live in Nigeria. I dont rely on credit for internet you dumb bastard

It's 11pm in Naija and you are there arguing like a woman with PMS. Shouldnt you be in bed with this your imaginary wife sef cos I dont believe someone as daft can be married. You're way too dumb and juvenile. abi na mailorder bride  cheesy

you sef e don do! grin
Oya go and prepare my dinner . . . before i get my cane.

invisible!:

Okay bros, make I change threads and talk different matter.

Just thank Davidylan for this.

bros thank you . . .
Re: Should Her Husband Pound Yam For Her? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 10:29pm On Apr 25, 2009
lmao as long as it's done lightly where "no one can see it"

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Should Her Husband Pound Yam For Her? by Nobody: 10:32pm On Apr 25, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

lmao as long as it's done lightly where "no one can see it"

grin grin grin grin grin grin

abi . . . you already know where i "cane" you. No one can see it. grin
Re: Should Her Husband Pound Yam For Her? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 10:42pm On Apr 25, 2009
Were. Im reporting you to alagolo. cool
Re: Should Her Husband Pound Yam For Her? by Nobody: 10:43pm On Apr 25, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

Were. Im reporting you to alagolo.  cool

and what's she going to do?  cheesy
infact you're my one and only wife . . . even though you like running away from that fact. Meet me at the altar my friend.
Re: Should Her Husband Pound Yam For Her? by Nobody: 10:05am On Apr 26, 2009
Why are you paying the dude attention?

Treat him as his name says.
Re: Should Her Husband Pound Yam For Her? by larayat(f): 12:15pm On Apr 26, 2009
sure he shud.
Re: Should Her Husband Pound Yam For Her? by slimfine(f): 6:02pm On Apr 26, 2009
some people sef, if is okay the her to do it for him, then I don't see why he should not do the same? some Nigerians!, something never change!!!
Re: Should Her Husband Pound Yam For Her? by Oxone(m): 6:45pm On Apr 26, 2009
are u peeps still on this? undecided
Re: Should Her Husband Pound Yam For Her? by Actionleap: 1:58pm On Jun 01, 2011
[b]Helping your wife in the kitchen is no big deal. I've been married for 10years now. When i was in secondary school, one of my father's tenants used to help his wife pound yam. We laughed at him then, not knowing the real meaning of love. When a man love a woman, i mean real love, he does not care what anybody says or think. I am a very good cook. My wife knows that and respects me for that. I used to do the cooking most times as i enjoy doing it. Pounding yam is a child-play until she misbehaved. It was not that she asked me to pound yam that made me to stop helping in the kitchen completely. She got power-drunk when i was down financially. She almost turned me to a house-boy until her kid-sister banned me from the kitchen. I tried to forgive her but each time i remember what she did, i feel like throwing up. She's scared of me now as she is not sure if i love her or not. Women out there, stop taking your husband for a fool if he try to show that he loves you.[/b]
Re: Should Her Husband Pound Yam For Her? by no1madman(m): 5:02pm On Jun 01, 2011
I would rather pound her yam. . .
Re: Should Her Husband Pound Yam For Her? by Outstrip(f): 5:08pm On Jun 01, 2011
Actionleap:

[b]Helping your wife in the kitchen is no big deal. I've been married for 10years now. When i was in secondary school, one of my father's tenants used to help his wife pound yam. We laughed at him then, not knowing the real meaning of love. When a man love a woman, i mean real love, he does not care what anybody says or think. I am a very good cook. My wife knows that and respects me for that. I used to do the cooking most times as i enjoy doing it. Pounding yam is a child-play until she misbehaved. It was not that she asked me to pound yam that made me to stop helping in the kitchen completely. She got power-drunk when i was down financially. She almost turned me to a house-boy until her kid-sister banned me from the kitchen. I tried to forgive her but each time i remember what she did, i feel like throwing up. She's scared of me now as she is not sure if i love her or not. Women out there, stop taking your husband for a fool if he try to show that he loves you.[/b]

Awww. Sorry to hear that but keep loving your wife. I am sure she has learned her lesson. That is the problem with people. You don't know what you've got till its gone.
Re: Should Her Husband Pound Yam For Her? by Excelboi(m): 11:49am On Jun 02, 2011
Last thing. Pound ko,chuk ni! Lol,only on some circumstances e.g.she get belle
Re: Should Her Husband Pound Yam For Her? by naijangel7(f): 11:46am On Jun 04, 2011
I didn't know that there was any ethnic group in Nigeria that expects the woman to pound yam  shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Isn't that the man's job? I still remember a folk story from my area about how a father tested all his daughter's suitors by their yam pounding prowess. Didn't know women are expected to pound yam anywhere.
Re: Should Her Husband Pound Yam For Her? by Outstrip(f): 6:13pm On Jun 04, 2011
naijangel7:

I didn't know that there was any ethnic group in Nigeria that expects the woman to pound yam shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Isn't that the man's job? I still remember a folk story from my area about how a father tested all his daughter's suitors by their yam pounding prowess. Didn't know women are expected to pound yam anywhere.

Really? What ethnic group are you
Re: Should Her Husband Pound Yam For Her? by SweetT1: 12:30am On Jun 05, 2011
All you Ekiti People and pounded yam, aren't there other food out there?? Or have they used pounded yam to curse you guys??
Re: Should Her Husband Pound Yam For Her? by tpia5: 1:24am On Jun 05, 2011
@ naijaangel

that's a very good test by that father.

I mean the pounded yam thing.
Re: Should Her Husband Pound Yam For Her? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 12:54am On Jun 06, 2011
naijangel7:

I didn't know that there was any ethnic group in Nigeria that expects the woman to pound yam  shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Isn't that the man's job? I still remember a folk story from my area about how a father tested all his daughter's suitors by their yam pounding prowess. Didn't know women are expected to pound yam anywhere.

abi o. I think you are right as I remember my grandmother mentioning how impressed she was with my dad as a suitor. My mother has never pounded yam in her life yet all through our growing up til today they still eat it twice a week, what does that tell you? wink
Re: Should Her Husband Pound Yam For Her? by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jun 06, 2011
Would certainly do if I can
Besides my dad pounds yam
Certainly would love to be able to do that too

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why I Won't Attend My Dad's Funeral When He Dies / Why Do Married Men Sexually Impress And Satify Their Mistress Than Their Wife / ‘my Wife Attempted To Kill Me After I Caught Her In Bed With A Lover’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.