Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,893 members, 7,817,628 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

See The Moment A BBC Journalist Begged Enyeama Before He Left The Camp..photo - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / See The Moment A BBC Journalist Begged Enyeama Before He Left The Camp..photo (74499 Views)

Sergio Ramos Was Seen Smiling As Mohamed Salah Left The Field / Super Eagles Player Ahmed Musa Visits IDP Camp (photo) / 'Oliseh Shuts Enyeama Up, Kicks Him Out Of Camp Today' - Muyiwa Lawal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Moment A BBC Journalist Begged Enyeama Before He Left The Camp..photo by Truckpusher(m): 2:30pm On Oct 11, 2015
Enyeama did the right thing because you can't work for someone who has no respect for your dead mother.

Unless you have an issue with your mom, there is no way on earth you will lose someone so important and close in your life , and be normal emotionally and psychologically - Oliseh is an Olodo with no good managerial skills.He should have thrashed out this issue with Enyeama instead of using some wacko mentality to deal with a big fish to send a message to others - look I'm in charge here.
People who lack managerial skills makes these kind of anomalies and they abound in every work place.The truth is Enyeama would have find a way to reach out to him immediately there was a clash of interest but I guess he thought it was as usual which Oliseh himself was also a culprit during his days.
Bottom line is Enyeama is an adult and has made his decisions Nigerians should respect it.

3 Likes

Re: See The Moment A BBC Journalist Begged Enyeama Before He Left The Camp..photo by nd07(m): 2:30pm On Oct 11, 2015
AgreatMan:
I have always studied Enyeama, I know he is the pompous type that seeks some form of gratification for saving important goals for us. I wouldn't complain about that, if you are good at something and are boastful about it, anybody can go to hel.l.

Enyeama is a mere captain of a team, the fact that he was stripped of his captaincy doesn't compensate for dumping Nigeria. Can he come late to Lille even if hell had broken loose? Not coming at all would have been better than coming late but I understand the boy is trying to dedicate the Congo match to mama.

That team belonged to the coach, the coaching staff first and any other person can come after. Oliseh takes the blame for any success or loss.

Ahmed is a dedicated boy. Always gives his best, always plays in the Champions league. Dedication always trumps talent any day. You guys should forget this very good keeper, as far as am concerned, he could have equally had a year injury.

What's with the Bentley? You don't have a house a Belgium, you don't live there, you haven't played there before. So you simply decided to rent a Bentley (or borrowed one from Eden Hazard's Belgium garage) to intimidate the other guys who probably came in a team bus? Is there no taxi in Belgium or molue?

It's really crazy when people who have not played any sort of organized sport under a coach, to be making some misguided comments and defending a player who actually erred on that occasion.

What's ur concern about his borrowing Bentley? did he ask NFF 2 pay? learn 2 understand d mystery of cause & effect. Enyeama has been in d team so long, giving his best, has he fallen out wt any coach? I think someone that came out from d burial of someone as dear as mother deserves consolation & not condemnation.

3 Likes

Re: See The Moment A BBC Journalist Begged Enyeama Before He Left The Camp..photo by ekemini606: 2:31pm On Oct 11, 2015
There are ways of looking at this. First i don't think oliseh could be fault in this. The modern coaching job is very demanding and rigorous. You and you see the epl and top leagues , and you know how difficult it is for this coaches now. Loose few game and you are out! _ irrespective of the lenght of your contract. However the players themselves would remain. Coach in_coach out!

So i think am with oliseh on this. If eyeama who is the oldest in camp wants to bury his mother, of cus he is free to. But as an old timer, he should have known the proper means of communicating it to the administrators. He could have written with days notice_.every organization have guildlines and mode if operations.The eagles camp, i dont think is any different.. If he had done so, i dont think oliseh who he himself had played in the super eagles before now and understand the system. would have had any qualms.

I have listen to oliseh both as a supersport analyst at the world cup and on few other occasion. He in my opinion come across as an educated and intelligent fellow_one that properly underatand beauracracy.

Let's not be too carried away by sentiments.
Re: See The Moment A BBC Journalist Begged Enyeama Before He Left The Camp..photo by dayowunmi(m): 2:33pm On Oct 11, 2015
AgreatMan:
I have always studied Enyeama, I know he is the pompous type that seeks some form of gratification for saving important goals for us. I wouldn't complain about that, if you are good at something and are boastful about it, anybody can go to hel.l.

Enyeama is a mere captain of a team, the fact that he was stripped of his captaincy doesn't compensate for dumping Nigeria. Can he come late to Lille even if hell had broken loose? Not coming at all would have been better than coming late but I understand the boy is trying to dedicate the Congo match to mama.

That team belonged to the coach, the coaching staff first and any other person can come after. Oliseh takes the blame for any success or loss.

Ahmed is a dedicated boy. Always gives his best, always plays in the Champions league. Dedication always trumps talent any day. You guys should forget this very good keeper, as far as am concerned, he could have equally had a year injury.

What's with the Bentley? You don't have a house a Belgium, you don't live there, you haven't played there before. So you simply decided to rent a Bentley (or borrowed one from Eden Hazard's Belgium garage) to intimidate the other guys who probably came in a team bus? Is there no taxi in Belgium or molue?

It's really crazy when people who have not played any sort of organized sport under a coach, to be making some misguided comments and defending a player who actually erred on that occasion.
Bro all you have said are in order and i would have concurred if the situation was ceteris paribus(all things being equal) but its not. Enyeama behaved petulantly but oliseh's timing was wrong. its not okay for oliseh knowing that enyeama has just lost his mum to choose that time to inform him of his removal as captain. He just lost his mum that same week or the week before, emotions would be running high, you said could enyeama arrive late for lille training and not punished, I believe if on account of his mum's passing, why not, its only an employer whose conscience has been seared with iron that can punish an employee despite bereavement infact most clubs will give compassionate leave. Both parties are not without blame, its wrong to ascribe 100percent blame on enyeama, he shouldn't av even be called for a friendly when he just lost his mum. 13 years with the national team and no complaints from any of the coaches about him at least publicly means at least to some extent he's a good employee if not excellent, oliseh should av taken the captaincy from him later, and am sure the case the case of enyeama coming late for training is not the first, and in ur language heaven has not fallen

4 Likes

Re: See The Moment A BBC Journalist Begged Enyeama Before He Left The Camp..photo by meforyou1(m): 2:35pm On Oct 11, 2015
Chanchit:
I know he would be regretting his decision by now, cos he would think NFF would be him, and Nff don say dem no go beg, na Oliseh go beg am? As far as I'm concerned, no Nigerian footballer is doing us any favour, playing for the national team is a privilege, there are many talented ballers out there that are now mechanics and carpenters so if you are the No1 goalie for 9ja you should count yourself lucky. Cassilas did more than this for R.madrid, he left in tears.
NFF Held a meeting with him in
yesterday.
NFF released a press statement after the meeting that was read on Football Frenzy programme in Nigeria Info FM.
That NFF met with Enyeama in a town different from where the super eagles are camping.
That Enyeama called Oliseh and apologised. And they talked and laughed over it on phone
That NFF called Enyeama's wife and greeted her for the support she is showing her husband
That NFF invited Enyeama and his wife to come and watch the match with Cameroon tomorrow at NFF's expense
That NFF told Enyeama that he can still join the team, on Oliseh's terms
Re: See The Moment A BBC Journalist Begged Enyeama Before He Left The Camp..photo by Truckpusher(m): 2:38pm On Oct 11, 2015
ekemini606:
There are ways of looking at this. First i don't think oliseh could be fault in this. The modern coaching job is very demanding and rigoriouse. You and you see the epl and top leagues , and you know how difficult it is for thia coaches now. Loose few game and you are out! _ irrespective of the lenght of your contract. However the players themselves woukd remain. Coach in_coach out!

So i think am on oliseh on this. If eyeama who is the oldest in camp wants to bury his mother, of cus he is free to. But as an old timer he should have known the proper means of communicating it to the administrators. He could have written with days notice as there would be guidlines for this ib camp. If he had done so, i dont think oliseh who he himself had played in the super eagles before now would have had any qualms.

I have listen to oliseh both as a supersport analyst at the world cup and on few other occasion. He in my opinion come across as an educated and intelligent fellow_one that properly underatand beauracracy.

Let's not be too carried away by sentiments.
Excellently written but the truth is that sometimes you have to use your brain in applying beauracracy because there are dead end situations where one has to use common sense - Oliseh, is simply masking himself under beauracracy to instil discipline into the team and take control at all cost which means someone has to pay but is this the only way?
There is always a way out without the public humiliation he gave to someone who has served diligently but fall short of glory when he lost his mom.
Oliseh is either unintelligent or he's simply a cold blooded, vindictive man who would do anything to be in charge.

2 Likes

Re: See The Moment A BBC Journalist Begged Enyeama Before He Left The Camp..photo by Wislet(f): 2:39pm On Oct 11, 2015
I DO NOT CARE WHAT ANYONE RANTS. IF YOU LIKE CLIMB ON TOP OF A TREE AND SHOUT ON TOP OF YOUR LUNGS or THINK ANYONE WHO DOESN'T SUPPORT ENYEAMA IS STUPID, I WILL CONTINUE TO SAY IT........

ANY PLAYER WHO DECIDES TO IGNORE/DISREGARD THE LOVE, DEVOTION AND SUPPORT HIS NATION HAD GIVEN HIM THROUGHOUT HIS CAREER BECAUSE HIS CAPTAINSHIP WAS TAKEN AWAY FROM HIM..... A MAN WHO IGNORES OVER 170 million PEOPLE BECAUSE OF 1(one) MAN IS NOT SOMEONE I'LL RESPECT.

You do not care to consider the impact your rash decision will have on your teammates and your people who would not support it, you only think about yourself and shun anyone who tries to talk to you about it, then no one can convince me that person is not egocentric.

When someone begins to see playing for his nation as something 'they' should be grateful for and not something to do because of his love for his country and countrymen, then it is better for that nation to desist from worshipping such a person.

Nigerians are too emotional on issues they shouldn't be. Let's STOP making excuses for rubbish.

When you see people bringing up Oliseh's past records and making excuses for Enyeama, and worst of all telling Enyeama himself how bad his coach was in the past and he is right and his coach is the 'devil', you know that something has gone terribly wrong.

Nigerians please for your own sakes, stop disgracing yourselves. I begin to wonder what other sane societies think of us as a people.
Re: See The Moment A BBC Journalist Begged Enyeama Before He Left The Camp..photo by meforyou1(m): 2:39pm On Oct 11, 2015
eddybillfm:
if he takes the death of his mother as an excuss for abandoning his national call, what do you want Victor Moses to do?!!!..
u are just a hopeless fellow.
Man buried his mother on Saturday and still got to the camp in Belgium 3days later, u call that abandoning the trip?
When your mother dies, don't attend her burial and go to work so your colleagues will call you a team player.

4 Likes

Re: See The Moment A BBC Journalist Begged Enyeama Before He Left The Camp..photo by shortgun(m): 2:40pm On Oct 11, 2015
AgreatMan:

Bad belle go kill u ooo.
Even if he takes cargo ship to the training camp its no one's business.

3 Likes

Re: See The Moment A BBC Journalist Begged Enyeama Before He Left The Camp..photo by meforyou1(m): 2:41pm On Oct 11, 2015
For all those talking rubbish, Enyeama informed NFF of the burial and was given permission to come to camp late.
Heartless Oliseh didn't even attend the burial or send a delegate.

1 Like

Re: See The Moment A BBC Journalist Begged Enyeama Before He Left The Camp..photo by kpeshe: 2:43pm On Oct 11, 2015
shiinihost:
Omoh see ride. No wonder oliseh dey envy the young man.

^^^^
this guy is a foool.

You are a foolish fool. Why must you insult the guy like that. You guys will just come here to talk anyhow. Oliseh knows how important Enyeama is to the national team, so he not not dat stupid to act the way Vincent claims he acted without any reasons, remember there is no smoke without fire. You were not in the teams camp in Belgium and you do not know the rules and regulations of the NFF and the Super Eagles. Folks don't even bother to read Oliseh's version of the saga yet his head is on the platter, Oliseh said he never insulted his late mum and he never ordered security men to walk him out of the camp. Musa was appointed captain "unofficially" for the meeting with Nigeria's ambassador in Belgium, it was not a final decision, even if it was it isn't a new thing. Masherano and Things Silva were stripped of the captaincy to be made Messi and Neymar Argentina and Brazil captains respectively. The truth is super Eagles players are not as committed to the National teams compared to their clubs use (I don't know the reason for this). Casilas is capped over 160 times for Spain yet he is still hungry to play more, Beckham refused to play the retirement match Capello wished him to play. I love Vincent Enyeama, he is a good goalie, the Eagles will surely miss him but I know we can move ahead without him.

1 Like

Re: See The Moment A BBC Journalist Begged Enyeama Before He Left The Camp..photo by Truckpusher(m): 2:43pm On Oct 11, 2015
Wislet:
I DO NOT CARE WHAT ANYONE RANTS. IF YOU LIKE CLIMB ON TOP OF A TREE AND SHOUT ON TOP OF YOUR LUNGS or THINK ANYONE WHO DOESN'T SUPPORT ENYEAMA IS STUPID, I WILL CONTINUE TO SAY IT........

ANY PLAYER WHO DECIDES TO IGNORE/DISREGARD THE LOVE, DEVOTION AND SUPPORT HIS NATION HAD GIVEN HIM THROUGHOUT HIS CAREER BECAUSE HIS CAPTAINSHIP WAS TAKEN AWAY FROM HIM..... A MAN WHO IGNORES OVER 170 million PEOPLE BECAUSE OF 1(one) MAN IS NOT SOMEONE I'LL RESPECT.

When someone begins to see playing for his nation as a something 'they' should be grateful for and not something to do because of his love for his country and countrymen, then it is better for that nation to desist from worshipping such a person.

Nigerians are too emotional on issues they shouldn't be. Let's STOP making excuses for rubbish.

When you see people bringing up Oliseh's past records and making excuses for Enyeama, and worst of all telling Enyeama himself how bad his coach was in the past and he is right and his coach is the 'devil', you know that something has gone terribly wrong.

Nigerians please for your own sakes, stop disgracing yourselves. I begin to wonder what other sane societies think of us as a people.
And you didn't figure out that the death of his mother might have affected him paychologically in any way to influence his decisions.

Bro , you don't just throw a man that has been loyal into prison simply because he made a mistake once - I think there is something wrong and this is what Oliseh isn't telling us.

2 Likes

Re: See The Moment A BBC Journalist Begged Enyeama Before He Left The Camp..photo by ayindejimmy(m): 2:43pm On Oct 11, 2015
Ubibi Godwin Jr

You have served Nigeria for 13 years and so? Does that mean you should throw away professionalism, weren't you paid during those 13 years? Because you have served Nigeria for 13 years, does that mean that you are above discipline. You were granted compassionate leave to bury your mum and when the time for you to return to camp elapsed, you refused to show up, you didn't even bother to inform your coach that you won't return on time and when the coach decided to take disciplinary actions, you suddenly realize it was time to retire... This is the same country that brought you to lime light, the national team took you from Eyimba in Aba and showcased your talent to the whole world and all you can do is to quit the team cos you were disciplined... You should be proud that you're serving your fatherland, some of us have shed our blood and paid tax to this great country but we are not remembered, my dad died serving this country and just a few remember him. We have sacrificed more for the nation and has gotten nothing in return but we are not complaining... If the disciplinary action against you had come from your club Lille, I guess you would have retired as well. If you want to resign from national duty, please resign, the heavens won't fall, Nigeria is bigger than any player.
Re: See The Moment A BBC Journalist Begged Enyeama Before He Left The Camp..photo by adconline(m): 2:46pm On Oct 11, 2015
Chanchit:
I know he would be regretting his decision by now, cos he would think NFF would be him, and Nff don say dem no go beg, na Oliseh go beg am? As far as I'm concerned, no Nigerian footballer is doing us any favour, playing for the national team is a privilege, there are many talented ballers out there that are now mechanics and carpenters so if you are the No1 goalie for 9ja you should count yourself lucky. Cassilas did more than this for R.madrid, he left in tears.
Always making ignorant comparison. R.M paid Cassilas salary as His employer while Naija doesn't pay Enyema's salary as his employer but his club. Do u know the difference between a Club and Country?? Before u criticize him, what selfless service have u rendered to ur community in the last 2 yrs. Enyema has served Naija for 12 yrs!!

1 Like

Re: See The Moment A BBC Journalist Begged Enyeama Before He Left The Camp..photo by danbrowndmf(m): 2:49pm On Oct 11, 2015
Dahveydson:

He drove from France to belgium, sometimes have facts before you spill ignorance.

He's pompous? After 13 years of service to Nigeria, he's pompus? Nigerians are quite funny.

One serves his country for 13 years, loses one's mother, comes to the team and he's disgracefully stripped of his captainship and you say he's pompus. Mr Humility I greet you.
that guy was just saying Nonsense...pikin wey dem born 13years ago don dy wear bra.

If Mikel was seen 1st team shirt in chelsea like enyeama,i'm sure he wuldn't consider our national team,if u must strip him of the arm ban do it properly, that excuse was to shallow. Oliseh has or knows nothing about player management.

Why Van gaal know comot arm ban from rooney hand na? Rooney has been garbage sinc this season,yet he's still wearing the arm ban.

3 Likes

Re: See The Moment A BBC Journalist Begged Enyeama Before He Left The Camp..photo by Riclord001(m): 2:49pm On Oct 11, 2015
geloorrrrdd:
Team Nigeria would suffer this one day.

This nigga has virtually saved our arse a million & one times.

God don't make me make a wrong choice like oliseh.

Oliseh is good at only analysing Nigeria games with supersport, Nothing more.
lol... exactly my point. that's what happens when u ask a paid talker to do a bit of listening. he shouldn't have even had to listen. just be quiet while d Enyeama pours out his heart... not many people are immune to d flattery of rapt attention while they are talking.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Moment A BBC Journalist Begged Enyeama Before He Left The Camp..photo by IamAtribalist: 2:52pm On Oct 11, 2015
Uncletony:

Super eagle is more important than ur parochial view. Meanwhile ahmed musa should learn how to speak English first b4 captainship

cool Heediot - what has English gotta do with football? Cam Messi/Ronaldo self speak English. A beg park well, you are not serious.

2 Likes

Re: See The Moment A BBC Journalist Begged Enyeama Before He Left The Camp..photo by Dandeson1(m): 2:53pm On Oct 11, 2015
xmich:
Who deleted that thread on political section

"BIAFRA!!! A ducumentry video televised by an Austrain news media (video)" and why.

Pls watch this video and tell me why any mod or what ever they call their selfes tempered with it,visit site to watch(the video due to length can not be uploaded here)

http://www./2015/10/biafra-ducumentry-video-televised-by.html?m=1
U dey comment bout Biafra on a sport thread, what kinda fool are you... Biafra my ass..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Moment A BBC Journalist Begged Enyeama Before He Left The Camp..photo by Badgers14: 2:53pm On Oct 11, 2015
Dahveydson:

He drove from France to belgium, sometimes have facts before you spill ignorance.

He's pompous? After 13 years of service to Nigeria, he's pompus? Nigerians are quite funny.

One serves his country for 13 years, loses one's mother, comes to the team and he's disgracefully stripped of his captainship and you say he's pompus. Mr Humility I greet you.

Yes Enyeama is pompous .. He knew very well he cant come late to camp in Lille and argue with the coach infront of junior players...

Jesus was humble till the end... Enyeama have done his best for 13yrs and should have been humble till the end...
Been a team captian is not easy .. Alot of responsibility.

Remember no one forced him to play for Nigeria that was his decision... Also he was the captain of the team and should not have challenged the coach in front of junior players.. If Oliseh had kept quite and condoned that if another junior player does that and he punished him.. Now same people wailing will come and say oliseh dey do partia... Well if the player is yoruba or hausa ..omg Oliseh is a tribalist.. grin

So for me am not a big fan of oliseh.. The only thing that i liked abt him was that shot he fired against spain in france 98.. grin

But he is right on this one... Enyeama should learn how to be a professional, its understable he lost his mother..
But if he agreed with the team that he will be off camp and return by 8am monday.. Agreement is agreement and no excuse to breach the said agreement and be arrogant about that...
C'mon man who are we kidding here.. Infact some coaches would have expelled him from the team.. angry
Re: See The Moment A BBC Journalist Begged Enyeama Before He Left The Camp..photo by Pavarottii(m): 2:53pm On Oct 11, 2015
AgreatMan:

From the start of ur post, I knew d remaining will be thrash. Anyone that follows Nigerian football well, would know that Enyeama is never a PROUD person, he has always reported in camp everytime to lead Nigeria(how did u think, he got 101 caps; oliseh that is talking had only 56caps), he gathers the boys like a real captain; u r defending oliseh's unprofessional decision, wat was enyeama's fault? That he resumed a day after the last day of resumption, does that warranty his captain band been stripped? Wen yaya toure lost his brother, he missed about 3matches for Mancity. Man city still apologised for not showing up for the burial. We are our problem in Nigeria. We don't value wat we av. To me, nobody has been more commited that Enyeama in d history of Nigeria. I stand to be corrected. And as the captain, he deserves some level of respect. Am not sure u know what it means to loose ur mum, if u know, u won't even be typing this, even his club Lille will surely give him some off time.

5 Likes

Re: See The Moment A BBC Journalist Begged Enyeama Before He Left The Camp..photo by jaytee01(m): 2:57pm On Oct 11, 2015
AgreatMan:

You sound jealous undecided

2 Likes

Re: See The Moment A BBC Journalist Begged Enyeama Before He Left The Camp..photo by jaytee01(m): 2:58pm On Oct 11, 2015
Pavarottii:

From the start of ur post, I knew d remaining will be thrash. Anyone that follows Nigerian football well, would know that Enyeama is never a PROUD person, he has always reported in camp everytime to lead Nigeria(how did u think, he got 101 caps; oliseh that is talking had only 56caps), he gathers the boys like a real captain; u r defending oliseh's unprofessional decision, wat was enyeama's fault? That he resumed a day after the last day of resumption, does that warranty his captain band been stripped? Wen yaya toure lost his brother, he missed about 3matches for Mancity. Man city still apologised for not showing up for the burial. We are our problem in Nigeria. We don't value wat we av. To me, nobody has been more commited that Enyeama in d history of Nigeria. I stand to be corrected. And as the captain, he deserves some level of respect. Am not sure u know what it means to loose ur mum, if u know, u won't even be typing this, even his club Lille will surely give him some off time.
Don't mind that slowpoke.

1 Like

Re: See The Moment A BBC Journalist Begged Enyeama Before He Left The Camp..photo by Badgers14: 2:59pm On Oct 11, 2015
danbrowndmf:
that guy was just saying Nonsense...pikin wey dem born 13years ago don dy wear bra.

If Mikel was seen 1st team shirt in chelsea like enyeama,i'm sure he wuldn't consider our national team,if u must strip him of the arm ban do it properly, that excuse was to shallow. Oliseh has or knows nothing about player management.

Why Van gaal know comot arm ban from rooney hand na? Rooney has been garbage sinc this season,yet he's still wearing the arm ban.

My broda remember Van Gaal benched Rooney for few games for being big headed...
Ferguson did same too..

Cristiano Ronaldo even as the world best player was sent home from training becuase he arrived training camp with one of his concubines wink

How many years did Casillas play in Real Madrid But Mourinho signed another goal keeper while he was still there and fined him for coming late to training.. Even wit him showing Mourinho videos and pictures of the traffic jam...

So ma broda, professionalism is the key word here, it doesn't matter if he played for nigeria for. 26yrs... You still gotta respect the team..

Cheers!!
Re: See The Moment A BBC Journalist Begged Enyeama Before He Left The Camp..photo by adconline(m): 3:02pm On Oct 11, 2015
ayindejimmy:
Ubibi Godwin Jr

You have served Nigeria for 13 years and so? Does that mean you should throw away professionalism, weren't you paid during those 13 years? Because you have served Nigeria for 13 years, does that mean that you are above discipline. You were granted compassionate leave to bury your mum and when the time for you to return to camp elapsed, you refused to show up, you didn't even bother to inform your coach that you won't return on time and when the coach decided to take disciplinary actions, you suddenly realize it was time to retire... This is the same country that brought you to lime light, the national team took you from Eyimba in Aba and showcased your talent to the whole world and all you can do is to quit the team cos you were disciplined... You should be proud that you're serving your fatherland, some of us have shed our blood and paid tax to this great country but we are not remembered, my dad died serving this country and just a few remember him. We have sacrificed more for the nation and has gotten nothing in return but we are not complaining... If the disciplinary action against you had come from your club Lille, I guess you would have retired as well. If you want to resign from national duty, please resign, the heavens won't fall, Nigeria is bigger than any player.
Your dad died being an employee but Enyeama is not employee of Naija.. He's employed by Lille which pays all his bills. He's doing Naija a favor and bound by any contract to work for Naija. His weekly salary is above $20k, so NFF paying like $5k allowance to cover their expenses is nothing. Mikel makes over $100k a week. So he's mega-OK if he doesn't play for Naija... Oliseh, in his playing days was known for rebelling against NFA and Coach while Enyeama is not known a troublemaker. What have u done for Naija? If most critical Naijas have done 1/10 of what Enyeama and co have done, our country would be paradise.
Re: See The Moment A BBC Journalist Begged Enyeama Before He Left The Camp..photo by Badgers14: 3:06pm On Oct 11, 2015
Pavarottii:

Ma broda.. You are comparing Apple to Oranges..

Toure did not come to camp late.. That was a mutual agreement with him and the team... The team gave him time off and he returned promptly..
Same thing happened here only that he came late to camp..
The issue here was he challenging the coach in front of junior players...

He could have relaxed and talk to the coach later.. Thats professionalism my broda... Remember he was the team captian that should have led by example.

One thing is for sure, Enyeama would never do this in Lille.. Coaches do not tolerate shìt like this... Actually some coach would have suspended him and fined him for indiscipline.
Re: See The Moment A BBC Journalist Begged Enyeama Before He Left The Camp..photo by MadCow1: 3:08pm On Oct 11, 2015
Enyeama has served the Nation well, but he is not bigger than the National team.

He can please go and park well.

Using his mum funeral to shroud his bad behaviour isn't flying for me.
Re: See The Moment A BBC Journalist Begged Enyeama Before He Left The Camp..photo by danbrowndmf(m): 3:08pm On Oct 11, 2015
Badgers14:

My broda remember Van Gaal benched Rooney for few games for being big headed...
Ferguson did same too..

Cristiano Ronaldo even as the world best player was sent home from training becuase he arrived training camp with one of his concubines wink

How many years did Casillas play in Real Madrid But Mourinho signed another goal keeper while he was still there and fined him for coming late to training.. Even wit him showing Mourinho videos and pictures of the traffic jam...

So ma broda, professionalism is the key word here, it doesn't matter if he played for nigeria for. 26yrs... You still gotta respect the team..

Cheers!!
was casillas strip off his arm ban even when obasanjo would save more shot than him?
Did u even read why oliseh is acting lik this?

Tell me one nigerian player who is more loyal than enyeama.
You can strip him of his arm ban buh u must do it properly that is called player management.

1 Like

Re: See The Moment A BBC Journalist Begged Enyeama Before He Left The Camp..photo by GoodMuyis(m): 3:10pm On Oct 11, 2015
Dahveydson:

The shortest distance from Belgium to France is about 6hrs, that means if he drives he cant be feat to train with the team, what ever NA GOD WIN

Remember that he just buried his mom over weekend so he cant be coming from Belgium. France

I Love Vincent but I cant never condone insubordination, If he was striped of his Captaincy w/o Notice, Let do it the usual instagram way, and see if the whole Nigeria will not back him, even politicians, Businessmen will Jump into the matter (I trust Saraki even Dangote ), BUT unfortunately he was raising his voice on the Coach; its a pity, Next was to tender his resignation w/o anybody firing him out of the squad.

The case would have been resolve if he had not done the latter, #ItsaPity I still Love the guy he really good
Re: See The Moment A BBC Journalist Begged Enyeama Before He Left The Camp..photo by safarigirl(f): 3:11pm On Oct 11, 2015
ekemini606:
There are ways of looking at this. First i don't think oliseh could be fault in this. The modern coaching job is very demanding and rigoriouse. You and you see the epl and top leagues , and you know how difficult it is for thia coaches now. Loose few game and you are out! _ irrespective of the lenght of your contract. However the players themselves woukd remain. Coach in_coach out!

So i think am on oliseh on this. If eyeama who is the oldest in camp wants to bury his mother, of cus he is free to. But as an old timer he should have known the proper means of communicating it to the administrators. He could have written with days notice as there would be guidlines for this ib camp. If he had done so, i dont think oliseh who he himself had played in the super eaglea before noq would have had any qualms.

so you want to compare club football to national team now, abi? Oya, tell us, can Oliseh go and buy a goalie for us? You people better make sensible comparisons. Na pesin dey manage Costa, Suarez and Rooney, if dem give Oliseh those ones, na only God know wetin e go do them
Re: See The Moment A BBC Journalist Begged Enyeama Before He Left The Camp..photo by Chanchit: 3:11pm On Oct 11, 2015
shiinihost:

^^^^
this guy is a foool.

Your father is a fool.
Re: See The Moment A BBC Journalist Begged Enyeama Before He Left The Camp..photo by chrisdonpedro: 3:12pm On Oct 11, 2015
shiinihost:

^^^^
this guy is a foool.

I disagree
Re: See The Moment A BBC Journalist Begged Enyeama Before He Left The Camp..photo by donmarvex1(m): 3:13pm On Oct 11, 2015
I see a Bentley Continental V8

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ahmed Musa & IG User Who Said He Shouldn't Have Sang A Christian Song As Muslim / Floyd Mayweather Wins As He Knocks Out Conor Mcgregor In The 10th Round (Pics) / Brazil Vs Belgium: World Cup (1 - 2) On 6th July 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.