Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (1062) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4759459 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1059) (1060) (1061) (1062) (1063) (1064) (1065) ... (5694) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:15am On Oct 15, 2018
JESUSforgives:
Hello.

I need a sound Toyota car for Hire Purchase.

I make an average of 100k weekly on Uber.
Different earnings on Taxify as well.

I really don't have upfront, but we can always work something out.

Guy your profile name resemble scam, you posting earnings is suspicious.

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tgiirl(m): 10:52am On Oct 15, 2018
pafo:

It takes less than 30 seconds to check.

Proper checking of your car won't take 30seconds. I do check my car often after a rider leaves but I once found weed in my car when cleaning the car. There are some places in your car that you can find missing items that you can never check when trying to quickly scan your car b4 requests comes in.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tgiirl(m): 11:04am On Oct 15, 2018
lagostaxiguy:

With the number of forgotten items you claim to have returned, I must say you're a bad driver too, a good driver should make effort to check when riders get down

You are wrong. Checking your car after every trip doesn't make you a good driver. Pointless

A bad driver can still do the above and still deliver poor service

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OSCARTM: 11:07am On Oct 15, 2018
GAZZUZZ:
available

You need to create a pick-up point on the Island for those of us who cannot easily access your office o, and my car is due for service.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tgiirl(m): 11:14am On Oct 15, 2018
lagostaxiguy:

I probably didn't use the right language, but like I said the numerous times made me assume u weren't careful enough, I've picked a rider that mistakenly left weed in my car and good thing I checked immediately and called him back else police will never believe your story.

And does that make you a bad driver if the weed was not found when doing the quick check of items in ur car. I did not find the weed in my car until the back seats carpets were raise for cleaning
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tgiirl(m): 11:27am On Oct 15, 2018
JESUSforgives:
Hello.

I need a sound Toyota car for Hire Purchase.

I make an average of 100k weekly on Uber.
Different earnings on Taxify as well.

I really don't have upfront, but we can always work something out.

You ve been making average of 100k weekly and you don't ve upfront? Hmmmm! Guy way dey do 60k to 70k dey get upfront. U get case o

12 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 11:37am On Oct 15, 2018
Tgiirl:

You ve been making average of 100k weekly and you don't ve upfront? Hmmmm! Guy way dey do 60k to 70k dey get upfront. U get case o

Tgiirl how far baba long time.. How market now ...make u drop your number for here ..I want ask u something
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by teelacruz(m): 11:50am On Oct 15, 2018
Tgiirl:

Responsibilities > earnings+ capital
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 11:59am On Oct 15, 2018
This is a great smartphone that will suit the hustle.. a 4GLTE Dual SIM with (Android 8.1.0). Issa Banga.
Cheap too.
Soda Mobile "FIRE"

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 12:07pm On Oct 15, 2018
brogxy:

Please let me see the screenshot
U see it now? Anytime I complained they always refund.
Check the time you will see they added it after those trips ended.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sam2kenny: 1:01pm On Oct 15, 2018
eherbal:
what brand and type of car are we talking about ?let's take it from there first.

It's a corolla 2005 model
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by abby2443: 1:26pm On Oct 15, 2018
Hello great minds, just picked a rider from ikeja to sango otta on taxify and after ending the trip i saw 1,000(card trip). Rider also told me she's on promo but I'm yet to see any update as regards that on my dashboard. All i can see is the 1k displayed when i ended the trip. What can i do?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by AllGadgetsNG: 1:34pm On Oct 15, 2018
AllGadgetsNG:
Back and Better. Very Durable Phone Holder with Two High Power Charging Port. (4K Only!!!). 09055927540, 07066697724.

OTHER CAR GADGETS FROM US (TYRE PUMP, CHARGER, RIM DECORATOR, VACUUM CLEANER ETC): https://gadgetworld.com.ng/product-category/car-gadgets/

1) In-car holder for iPhone, Samsung, Nokia, HTC and most smartphones

2) Works in all cars, easy to use

3) Adjustable rotation for 360 degrees

4) Adjustable Neck and Mount width from 45 to 106mm, adjust to any size of phones

5) USB car charger (5V,3.1A) Quick speed & high efficiency charging

6) High quality PC+ABS material

7) Non-slip feet, keep your cell phone in holder steadily

cool Input: 12V-24V

9) Output: 5V 3.1A max

10) Over current protection

11) Tightly fitting clamps

12) Flexible Banding Neck Cushioned Expandable Holder Maximum Output: 3A for 1-2 x USB

Instructions:

1) Secure the mount into your car’s cigarette lighter or auxiliary port

2) Insert your phone or device into mount

Push the side clamps together to tighten

Plug the USB Cable into the port and affix the other end into your device

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sam2kenny: 2:16pm On Oct 15, 2018
I need a car on hire purchase for uber/taxify business. Either toks or 9ja used as long the car is still in very good condition
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by drestoneokuta(m): 2:25pm On Oct 15, 2018
abby2443:
Hello great minds, just picked a rider from ikeja to sango otta on taxify and after ending the trip i saw 1,000(card trip). Rider also told me she's on promo but I'm yet to see any update as regards that on my dashboard. All i can see is the 1k displayed when i ended the trip. What can i do?
I hope you requested for price review? This happened to me last week, took a rider from Ikorodu to ikeja, normally it is a 2200-2500 trip but I noticed when I checked the "calculate price option" at Owode onirin the price was at 1200 upto ikeja (cash trip), the kilometer was wrong 10km but the time was correct, I just confirmed the price without review, when I complained later I was told I should have reviewed the price.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 2:39pm On Oct 15, 2018
abby2443:
It's a lie, that's what they always tell u.
But u Bleep up ooo, how can u be doing such a long trip and u won't be checking the fare.
If u haven't confirm it just do a review maybe they will balance you.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SoapMactavish(m): 2:43pm On Oct 15, 2018
Hello guys, I'm new here and I need information. Okay, I just got a new car and I want to drive on UBER. My last drivers licence is the old type, it got expired and I didn't bother renewing it because I didn't own a car of my own until now.

So I went to the road safety office today and I was told I couldn't renew a licence of the old system, I was told the record is not in the database. They insisted I had to get a new one and the protocol now is that I have to go for 26 working day practice or sumthn like that. They charged me extra 10k just so I won't bother going for the practice thing, so instead of paying 15k for 5yr licence, I paid 25k. But I still have to wait for 26 working days....gosh. The problem now is, I was hoping to register my car ASAP and I don't know if uber would accept the temporary note that was issued to exempt me while driving within Lagos.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by JESUSforgives: 2:44pm On Oct 15, 2018
Tgiirl:

Lol, I've been running my University degree program along with the job. Education is not cheap.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pafo(m): 2:45pm On Oct 15, 2018
abby2443:

Check the trip details. She could be on that 50 percent promo thing.

The fare should not be more than 2000. Ikeja to sango is just over 20km.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by JESUSforgives: 2:46pm On Oct 15, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Guy your profile name resemble scam, you posting earnings is suspicious.

Monikers are what they are....MONIKERS!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mymotong: 3:04pm On Oct 15, 2018
mymotong:
Drivers wanted, weekly rental:

Cars are in very good shape...

2007 Honda Civic: 35K
2004 Toyota Camry: 31K
2004 Toyota Camry: 31K
2010 Toyota Camry: 35K

Send email to: support@mymoto.com.ng
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mymotong: 3:08pm On Oct 15, 2018
mymotong:
We still install the MOST AFFORDABLE AND QUALITY TRACKERS YOU COULD FIND ANYWHERE, featuring Android/iOS tracking/demobilizing, sms tracking/demobilize, online tracking/demobilizing, daily mileage report (to know how many km your car runs each day), Vehicle history report (where your car had been between time X and Y) and many more features.

Presently going for 25K (without Online Platform), 30K (with Lifetime access to online platform/app).

Call us on 09032614208 to schedule an installation.

Tracker page: https://mymoto.com.ng/product/vehicle-car-pickup-commercial-trucks-gps-tracker-h02-tracker-nigerian-configured/
Office Location: 3-9 Olu Koleosho Street, Off Medical Road, Ikeja, Lagos

WHY DOES YOUR CAR NEED MYMOTO TRACKER

(1) Security: While anti-theft systems like push-buttons before car start, gear lock, pedal locks etc… are good, ONLY A TRACKING SYSTEM LIKE OURS ALLOWS YOU TO RECOVER (AND ALSO PROTECT) YOUR VEHICLE IF YOUR CAR IS HIJACKED FROM YOU WHILE DRIVING. Our trackers are both anti-theft and recovery in nature. e.g. You should shutdown your car before you sleep at night or park in a public space. Whenever you need to start the car, you enable it also.

(2) Remote Monitoring: GPS Security trackers allows you to monitor your vehicle location remotely from your phone. You are able to view your car’s location in real time (from our IOS/ANDROID APPS).

(3) Vehicle History: Through our online platform (IOS/ANDROID APPS) , you can view where your car had been between DAY X and DAY Y. A plot is shown on a map showing your car’s movement over this period of time.

(4) Remotely Stop Your Car: With our security GPS tracker, you are able to stop your car from ANY PHONE with an sms command. This function can also be carried out through our online platforms.

(5) Geo-Fencing Alarm:If your car goes beyond set a radius (or multi-point), say Lagos, you will be notified by sms.

(6) Other alarms (Over-speed Alarm, Ignition On Alarm, Low Battery Alarm ): Over-speed alarms notifies you via sms when your car goes beyond a particular speed. Ignition on notifies you WHENEVER your car is started. Low Battery Alarm lets you know when your car battery is low.

(7) Daily Mileage report (online platform): Daily mileage report shows you a daily chart (in KM) of your car.

We have heard of one or two expereience of how clients were able to recover their vehicles BECAUSE THEY HAD A TRACKER INSTALLED IN IT. We will be sharing some of them with you based on TRUE LIFE EXPERIENCES.

If you have had personal experiences also, kindly share with us.

WE STILL INSTALL THE MOST AFFORDABLE TRACKERS AROUND STARTING FROM 25K (VARIES WITH CAR MODEL).

CONTACT US ON 09032614208 OR 08060675824. More details on tracker: https://mymoto.com.ng/why-you-should-install-the-mymoto-security-tracker/

WE ARE THE ONLY COMPANY THAT OFFERS FREE LIFETIME ACCESS TO OUR ONLINE PLATFORMS FOR MONITORING/STOPpING YOUR CAR.

YOU'VE SPENT QUITE MUCH TO ACQUIRE YOUR CAR, SECURE IT WITH A TRACKER. BETTER TO BE SAFE THAN SORRY

Story 1
During one of our installs, the client shared with us how Mr Ayo (not his real name) borrowed his brothers car, and waylaid in the night somewhere in Lagos. Unknown to the thieves, the car had a tracker in it. That same night they tracked the vehicle to a military baracks (apparenntly the thieves had accomplices with military connections). They went with the police and they were able to recover the car (THE DEMOBILIZE FUNCTION OF THE TRACKER WAS USED TO ENSURE THE CAR DID NOT MOVE UNTIL THEY GOT TO THAT LOCATION)...

Story 2
Mr Bayo was bout entering his car in the night somewhere in Lagos when he was attacked. He immediately used his phone to demobilize the car some minutes after they had zoomed away with the car. The thieves ran away when they discovered the car wasn't strating again. The car was tracked to Ajah. Apparently the thieves ran away in fear with the keys of the car grin

If you have similar stories please share with us...

Call/Whatsapp 08060675824 for details on how to schedule an installation.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by cardiorap: 3:13pm On Oct 15, 2018
SoapMactavish:
Hello guys, I'm new here and I need information. Okay, I just got a new car and I want to drive on UBER. My last drivers licence is the old type, it got expired and I didn't bother renewing it because I didn't own a car of my own until now.

So I went to the road safety office today and I was told I couldn't renew a licence of the old system, I was told the record is not in the database. They insisted I had to get a new one and the protocol now is that I have to go for 26 working day practice or sumthn like that. They charged me extra 10k just so I won't bother going for the practice thing, so instead of paying 15k for 5yr licence, I paid 25k. But I still have to wait for 26 working days....gosh. The problem now is, I was hoping to register my car ASAP and I don't know if uber would accept the temporary note that was issued to exempt me while driving within Lagos.

The information you're requesting is like medicine after death, it will change nothing, but only make you know more.

First of all, they lied to you.

It's even easier to renew a license than to apply for a new one. All you needed to have done was login to FRSC portal and apply for a renewal using your Driver's Licence Application Number. You wouldn't have spent more than 10K because you can make the payments using your Debit Card directly on FRSC portal, and you'll only choose if you want data capture or not, and also choose your point of collection.

The thing is that FRSC has what's called Driving School Standardization Programme (DSSP) where all driving schools have a login and create accounts for all the students they enroll. It takes a minimum of 26 days for a student to finish any driving course and 26 days after registering students by driving schools on FRSC portal, it's assumed they've learnt properly how to drive and FRSC generates certificate for the student, which is printed by the driving school. The Certificate carries a number which is what FRSC uses to confirm that someone has been properly trained, while applying for a new Licence.

What those guys at the office do is to pay operators of driving school, for instance, part of the 10K you paid them and they'll create an account in your name, as their student on FRSC portal, 26 days later, your certificate becomes ready and you can then start a formal application, thereafter, data capture.

Renewing a licence doesn't demand all these process. They only played a smart one on you, so you can pay more and they'll make money off you. There is no language as your details not being on database, except, maybe the licence is a licence you did twenty years ago or it wasn't a genuine licence from FRSC.

Also, the official 5years licence costs less than 15K, it should be 11K and some fractions or even lesser.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SoapMactavish(m): 3:23pm On Oct 15, 2018
cardiorap:

The information you're requesting is like medicine after death, it will change nothing, but only make you know more.

First of all, they lied to you.

It's even easier to renew a license than to apply for a new one. All you needed to have done was login to FRSC portal and apply for a renewal using your Driver's Licence Application Number. You wouldn't have spent more than 10K because you can make the payments using your Debit Card directly on FRSC portal, and you'll only choose if you want data capture or not, and also choose your point of collection.

The thing is that FRSC has what's called Driving School Standardization Programme (DSSP) where all driving schools have a login and create accounts for all the students they enroll. It takes a minimum of 26 days for a student to finish any driving course and 26 days after registering students by driving schools on FRSC portal, it's assumed they've learnt properly how to drive and FRSC generates certificate for the student, which is printed by the driving school. The Certificate carries a number which is what FRSC uses to confirm that someone has been properly trained, while applying for a new Licence.

What those guys at the office do is to pay operators of driving school, for instance, part of the 10K you paid them and they'll create an account in your name, as their student on FRSC portal, 26 days later, your certificate becomes ready and you can then start a formal application, thereafter, data capture.

Renewing a licence doesn't demand all these process. They only played a smart one on you, so you can pay more and they'll make money off you. There is no language as your details not being on database, except, maybe the licence is a licence you did twenty years ago or it wasn't a genuine licence from FRSC.

Also, the official 5years licence costs less than 15K, it should be 11K and some fractions or even lesser.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pafo(m): 3:48pm On Oct 15, 2018
SoapMactavish:

They gave you that paper thing Abi?

I don't think uber accepts that, so you might have to wait the 26days for your temporary to be issued before proceeding for uber registration.

I stand to be corrected.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 4:09pm On Oct 15, 2018
pafo:

I don't think uber accepts that, so you might have to wait the 26days for your temporary to be issued before proceeding for uber registration.

I stand to be corrected.
You are right Uber doesn't accept anything less than temporary driver's licence, Taxify will accept the one they give u after 20 something days
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ifyeez: 4:11pm On Oct 15, 2018
pafo:

Check the trip details. She could be on that 50 percent promo thing.

The fare should not be more than 2000. Ikeja to sango is just over 20km.
She's not on any Promo, that's how they lie to drivers, that's a failed GPS trip, he should ve done a price review immediately after the trip.
If you know you knw.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sunnp(m): 4:31pm On Oct 15, 2018
Good day house, how much can I charge from Ibadan to lekki?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 4:58pm On Oct 15, 2018
Gentlelife50:

It's a lie, that's what they always tell u.
But u Bleep up ooo, how can u be doing such a long trip and u won't be checking the fare.
If u haven't confirm it just do a review maybe they will balance you.
once its card trip no need of checking fare every now and then. Once u feel it's not correct, do a fare review before confirming, it will ne adjusted before tge end of the day

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by laytoshtwo: 5:04pm On Oct 15, 2018
abby2443:

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed embarassed That kind of trip cannot be online it should be offline with proper negotiations not to talk of card payment

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SoapMactavish(m): 5:10pm On Oct 15, 2018
pafo:

I stand to be corrected.

Yeah, the paper thing.

But is the temporary acceptable when I get it??
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pafo(m): 5:13pm On Oct 15, 2018
SoapMactavish:

Yeah, the paper thing.

But is the temporary acceptable when I get it??

Yes.

They will give you the laminated temporary in 26days.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1059) (1060) (1061) (1062) (1063) (1064) (1065) ... (5694) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Conner44, Gentlelife50(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.