Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,393 members, 7,819,404 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:47 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (1094) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4764140 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1091) (1092) (1093) (1094) (1095) (1096) (1097) ... (5694) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 7:37pm On Oct 27, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Question did you finally get paid as a card trip?
No.
I had to check my payment history but saw it was noted as cash collected but NO sign to collect cash when the trip ended.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 7:46pm On Oct 27, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Question did you finally get paid as a card trip?
My payment history balanced as cash collected.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tgiirl(m): 7:48pm On Oct 27, 2018
If its true, driver can easily be found. Taxify have history of all requests. And can track all drivers she has taken a trip witht just with her phone number she use in registering on Taxify as rider.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by neezar: 7:51pm On Oct 27, 2018
adeniyiHansome:
Brethren can this be true?

Taxify driver attacked and robbed rider?[size=8pt][/size]

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpaaGjUA3Y_/?taken-by=adebolaisaac
Pure lies

She didn't reveal the name of the taxify driver either. ....She must be one of all those Queens of the night

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:12pm On Oct 27, 2018
brogxy:

My payment history balanced as cash collected.

Wow that's dangerous, someone like me would have missed it. It looks intentional and not a glitch, imagine the number of drivers that would have fallen prey. That car go pack more dust be dat.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Derayo01: 8:13pm On Oct 27, 2018
dammie200:
I am interested....07064885540
interested
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jayooh: 8:17pm On Oct 27, 2018
Gentlelife50:
Something funny is happening here my people, just dropped this woman that was speaking phonetics throughout the journey. I already saw it's card trip I told her immediately I ended the trip.
She said it's not card trip that she have never used card before, I meant to go she insists I give her my account number. I did and she transferred the #2200.
What do I do?
I actually succumbed to her pressure and gave her the account details for the transfer because of my experience this morning on Uber.
Picked this man at lake view estate to landmark swipe the screen to end trip and later saw collect cash when the man was already gone.
I had to rush him and showed him he now reluctantly started giving me the money bit by bit and didn't pay the complete fair, I had to let him go because of change.

Succumbed? If she was directing you to drive your car into an ocean, would you succumb as well? If you were sure it was a card trip, my brother u had no cause to receive extra/double payment. That a man didn't pay you complete or wanted to abscond with the fare in the morning doesn't translate into another distinct rider paying double. If taxify hear your case, hope you know what's up?

The man was even on uber and you could have let him walk away and accrue the debt to his rider akkant.

Doesn't feel right though.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 8:22pm On Oct 27, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

some have promo? I got a lot of free trips this week.
The trip was on Taxify Bros
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 8:23pm On Oct 27, 2018
brogxy:

I had this kind of error some weeks ago. I wouldn't have known if not that a rider insisted that she has never used card payment before. Subsequent trips happened the same way but I was lucky the first rider called my attention to it.
Taxify abi?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jayooh: 8:24pm On Oct 27, 2018
adeniyiHansome:
Brethren can this be true?

Taxify driver attacked and robbed rider?[size=8pt][/size]

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpaaGjUA3Y_/?taken-by=adebolaisaac

Fingers crossed
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bellamoney(m): 8:26pm On Oct 27, 2018
ridwando:
There is a Toyota corolla at badore in ajah, any driver that lives close to this area and is interested in uber/taxify driving should signify.
Thanks.
is it still available.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 8:27pm On Oct 27, 2018
jayooh:

Succumbed? If she was directing you to drive your car into an ocean, would you succumb as well? If you were sure it was a card trip, my brother u had no cause to receive extra/double payment. That a man didn't pay you complete or wanted to abscond with the fare in the morning doesn't translate into another distinct rider paying double. If taxify hear your case, hope you know what's up?

The man was even on uber and you could have let him walk away and accrue the debt to his rider akkant.

Doesn't feel right though.
The Taxify system do misbehave sometimes you know?
And what if I let her go and at the end it actually was a cash trip? Will you balance me? Up till now it haven't reflected

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by thebigkendo(m): 8:39pm On Oct 27, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

I have one uber car packing dust on my street, seems I will join you partially.

GAZZUZZ:

Wow that's dangerous, someone like me would have missed it. It looks intentional and not a glitch, imagine the number of drivers that would have fallen prey. That car go pack more dust be dat

grin grin grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Derayo01: 8:44pm On Oct 27, 2018
I am Ade. An uber pilot! I would like to work with an understanding partner be it male or female... weekly remittance # 25k with a car in good condition and work commence as soon as possible... monthly maintenance on me... You can reach me on Olatundeidowu34@gmail.com or 09071447776.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Rollitout: 8:46pm On Oct 27, 2018
Derayo01:
I am Ade. An uber pilot! I would like to work with an understanding partner be it male or female... weekly remittance # 25k with a car in good condition and work commence as soon as possible... monthly maintenance on me... You can reach me on Olatundeidowu34@gmail.com or 09071447776.

There is nothing like Pilot here, Driver is Driver.... when u are not flying plane

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:29pm On Oct 27, 2018
thebigkendo:

grin grin grin

Bros I can't suffer and collect air. Better I relax de watch T.V

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:32pm On Oct 27, 2018
Rollitout:

There is nothing like Pilot here, Driver is Driver.... when u are not flying plane

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5283971_20170509190536_jpeg3ad4696347cb16c42b0f8bf9a324bec8

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Osinachi00(m): 9:37pm On Oct 27, 2018
Add me to the group
mrsage:

I love your assessment. I'm also in the Car Hire business and I don't particularly agree with the Uber model.

I'll love to connect with you. I also have a whatsapp group for individuals involved in Car Hire and transportation business. We network and share ideas.

How can I reach you?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 10:30pm On Oct 27, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Wow that's dangerous, someone like me would have missed it. It looks intentional and not a glitch, imagine the number of drivers that would have fallen prey. That car go pack more dust be dat.
A rider who chose cash as payment would surely wait after complete trip to know the fare he is paying, that was what all the riders did after completing the trips.
So it's easy for the driver to know.
I had to go back to my trip details to get the cash to be paid.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 10:32pm On Oct 27, 2018
Gentlelife50:

Taxify abi?
Uber
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MoonlightDrive: 10:37pm On Oct 27, 2018
medd422:

U don’t have a problem, I have done this before at iyana oworo bustop. It was early in d morning, I was trying to get some passengers to ajah to make up for my fuel but a particular policeman forced his way into my car and told me to park. He started demanding for my key. He said if I don’t give him d key, he won’t listen to me. I stylishly removed the car key from d bunch of keys while I was still pleading with him and gave him d rest. The foolish guy just left me there to go arrest another car. In his mind, he’s impounded my car. I just enter my car and drove off. Na my house key I give am

I will like to share also a not so best practice experience but as the saying goes if you live in a concrete jungle then ...
It happened some months back i had picked up my rider from ikeja enroute to some where in obanikoro.
I had passed through Joel Ogunnaiike street, with the plan of connecting back to bank anthony way, i was on queue at the traffic junction on Joel Ogunnike street, when some cars ahead of me moved, the traffic light has poor visibility and it changes from green to red with little or no notice.
I had followed the cars that moved thinking we were all in the clear, then i noticed that the Mobile bike police was already ahead, he was pursuing one of the first offender, but suddenly he saw my car and decided i was a better catch.
i veered into Bank Anthony heading towards maryland, he started signalling me to park, i refused to listen, i already had the intention of making a u turn opposite the former leventis, unluckily for me there was a build up of traffic, he was soon ahead of me and had signalled cars at my my left lane to stop, confident that i was trapped he packed directly in front of me, the look of satisfaction on his face was so overwhelming, his stomach acid must have been churning that 1 week breakfast, lunch and diner was at hand, as he got down the bike and started walking towards me majestically, I noticed that my right lane was now free, i did a Louis Hamilton kind of right turn, he was in shock, he did not know what to do, the look of utter confusion on his face was epic. I quickly veered off to Adekunle Fajuyi and entered another corner street. i kept on thinking if this mobile cop follows me, i will show him that Louis Hamilton is a learner.
Me and my passenger laid low for almost 5 mins, i took an alternative route to avoid Bank Anthony. I ended the trip early so that the rider will not incur additional charges.
I apologized to my rider, that uber drivers are not always gangster like, but honestly i did not feel like dashing out my money to any greedy cop.
Cant recollect if my young rider gave me a 5 star or not, but the smile on his face when he got down from the car made my day, i am sure this was his most thrilling uber ride to date.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dixon400(m): 10:54pm On Oct 27, 2018
Can Honda accord 1999 be accepted on this platform?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 10:59pm On Oct 27, 2018
MoonlightDrive:

I will like to share also a not so best practice experience but as the saying goes if you live in a concrete jungle then ...
It happened some months back i had picked up my rider from ikeja enroute to some where in obanikoro.
I had passed through Joel Ogunnaiike street, with the plan of connecting back to bank anthony way, i was on queue at the traffic junction on Joel Ogunnike street, when some cars ahead of me moved, the traffic light has poor visibility and it changes from green to red with little or no notice.
I had followed the cars that moved thinking we were all in the clear, then i noticed that the Mobile bike police was already ahead, he was pursuing one of the first offender, but suddenly he saw my car and decided i was a better catch.
i veered into Bank Anthony heading towards maryland, he started signalling me to park, i refused to listen, i already had the intention of making a u turn opposite the former leventis, unluckily for me there was a build up of traffic, he was soon ahead of me and had signalled cars at my my left lane to stop, confident that i was trapped he packed directly in front of me, the look of satisfaction on his face was so overwhelming, his stomach acid must have been churning that 1 week breakfast, lunch and diner was at hand, as he got down the bike and started working towards me majestically, I noticed that my right lane was now free, i did a Louis Hamilton kind of right turn, he was in shock, he did not know what to do, the look of utter confusion on his face was epic. I quickly veered off to Adekunle Fajuyi and entered another corner street. i kept on thinking if this mobile cop follows me, i will show him that Louis Hamilton is a learner.
Me and my passenger laid low for almost 5 mins, i took an alternative route to avoid Bank Anthony. I ended the trip early so that the rider will not incur additional charges.
I apologized to my rider, that uber drivers are not always gangster like, but honestly i did not feel like dashing out my money to any greedy cop.
Cant recollect if my young rider gave me a 5 star or nor not, but the smile on his face when he got down from the car made my day, i am sure this was his most thrilling uber ride to date.

So many encounters I have had with the law enforcement agencies. I have no money to give them since they didn't keep their money with me.
I can remember the one that happened on bank Anthony road. I saw the bike rider from my inner mirror changing lane as I changed, I knew immediately that they were after me.
I had a quick thought that going on a race with them would be a bad idea, so I decided to slow down and pretended I wasn't aware of what I did(ran the traffic light on bank Anthony but didn't know they lurked around waiting for who to prey on).
After several minutes of begging that I had no money on me, the idiot gave me his number to send recharge card to him. See mumu. You won't believe the guy called on the fourth day I switched the phone number on cos I gave him my spare number then turned it off immediately I left him.
The one I drove crazily was at adekunle police station. There is a no U-turn there but decided to make a quick one before anyone could know. A policeman came out from no where where I had made a C-turn since I had to reverse to complete my U-turn. The policemen was happy I was clamped down seeing vehicles on my sides and back but didn't believe what happened the next minute. I also didn't believe I could drive crazily like that but the hormones in me at the moment took over.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ejire042(m): 11:07pm On Oct 27, 2018
This TOYOTA COROLLA 2004 MODEL dey make other ones dey shame. Overclean dey worry am..
OverTOKS dey worry am self...
mileage na 93k miles..
Senior ride going cheap

The price is 1.650

Fastest payer gets it.

i must collect ''Thanks for coming on this ride o''

oya call me for further info.

na serious buyers i want o.

no time for sermons..

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by thebigkendo(m): 11:32pm On Oct 27, 2018
dixon400:
Can Honda accord 1999 2001 be accepted on this platform?

Dey don tell you say money dey Uber abi? grin grin

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dixon400(m): 11:46pm On Oct 27, 2018
thebigkendo:

Dey don tell you say money dey Uber abi? grin grin
My brother no time o.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MoonlightDrive: 12:15am On Oct 28, 2018
Gentlelife50:

I tell you.
One thing is certain it's not easy to drive especially in this Lagos.
I am listening to a program on radio this moment and the anchor said something. He said when he told his dad he wants to start driving the Dad asked him a question that he has never forgotten up till this day.
The Dad asked him do you know that anybody holding steering is close to his grave.
And that's the truth, I had my first accident when I started ehailing.
If nobody praise me I praise myself jare

i recall that my friend's father passed away while driving through traffic gridlock.
All drivers in the house trying to achieve their targets for their partners should take am easy, life no get duplicate.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by julietromeo: 12:16am On Oct 28, 2018
Tgiirl:
Finally, I retired for the day as I don't like to sleep outside my house.

What a great meal. Home sweet home.

Longest hour spent in a day. 5am to past 11pm.. Back aches like hell... Kudus to drivers trying this daily. A swear this work na hard labour.

Blew 7k fuel and 2,100 on toll gate. 200 parking, feeding at work 1200

Do the math
Planned to break your record this weekend but unfortunately I was not strong enough.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Derayo01: 7:02am On Oct 28, 2018
I would like to work with an understanding partner be it male or female... weekly remittance # 25k with a car in good condition and work commence as soon as possible... monthly maintenance on me... You can reach me on Olatundeidowu34@gmail.com or 09071447776.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Rollitout: 7:32am On Oct 28, 2018
dixon400:
Can Honda accord 1999 be accepted on this platform?

Uber and Taxify is not accepting it again but there is a way we can make Uber to accept it as long as it is clean and sound.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by naijawhist: 8:05am On Oct 28, 2018
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by taxiappguy: 8:28am On Oct 28, 2018
Apparently it's the riders that shouldn't be trusted.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (1091) (1092) (1093) (1094) (1095) (1096) (1097) ... (5694) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: thoollz, northbird and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.