Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,478 members, 7,826,804 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (1171) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4780557 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1168) (1169) (1170) (1171) (1172) (1173) (1174) ... (5698) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1johnjohn(m): 4:59pm On Dec 07, 2018
Has the local Taxify paid you..
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 5:16pm On Dec 07, 2018
Enyinne:
grin Are u a serious somebody . Giving terms and conditions to Car owner when u don't owe bicycle. Who get ur time.As someone rightly said ur on d wrong thread,check next page
You're not employing him, you're partnering with him so he has a right of terms and conditions too

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Maxivalue(m): 5:41pm On Dec 07, 2018
Install car tracker in your car this xmas season to keep it safe from theft

https://www.nairaland.com/2623390/track-cars-mobile-phones-tablets
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chucsmoore(m): 5:47pm On Dec 07, 2018
chillex8:
Christians, What's happening today

The Experience at TBS, Shiloh at Canaan land Ota and Redeemed annual program at redemption camp lagos ibadan expressway . grin There will be surge in the morning at these places. closing hour

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tyche(m): 5:52pm On Dec 07, 2018
dru23:

I just want to make it very clear. I ran at a lost not because the business is not profitable.. But because of bad manager, drivers, greedy mechanic etc.

What are you really saying? Those are the things that leads to loss
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 6:53pm On Dec 07, 2018
iyaegin:

In my opinion what I think is gradually happening is that as more drivers keep joining the platform everyday so also are there more riders however uber/ taxify was not set up for driver rentals I think it is here in Nigeria we somehow found a way to make it happen and from weekly rental of 50k it has been coming down gradually now it is hovering between 25 and 30k some still higher and I wonder how those drivers are coping but what it is IMO that will happen is that driver rentals would eventually finish and you have everyone being a partner themselves because when owner wan chop and driver self still wan chop wet in go remain and they would be fuel, servicing and other miscellanous...make we dey observe dey go....
In other news am Patiently waiting for the mad Uber surge that will happen after Experience is over tomorrow morning.minimum of 2.0 things or even more..na to just wait make the surge catch fire before I go online even if na to do like 2 trips from TBS to Lekki or surulere back to back and Saturday morning don set....
My brother I don't know about your analysis .. But as more drivers are coming in ,more partners are exiting.. It is like a revolving door.. Even when uber was good driver still didn't want to pay. Your 25k weekly to 30k projection is for the birds. You must be obviously a driver.. Please look for something else to do.. Uber driving is not a must do or die affair o.. I have experience all types of drivers before.. Even if you give them the opportunity to enable them to get a car with your help.. They were still screw it up .. I use to pity them and I stop the poo asap.
At the end of the day. The smart ones will deliver and make money. While the rest will continue to make excuses. That is the difference between rich and poor..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pappy2000: 8:05pm On Dec 07, 2018
dru23:

My brother I don't know about your analysis .. But as more drivers are coming in ,more partners are exiting.. It is like a revolving door.. Even when uber was good driver still didn't want to pay. Your 25k weekly to 30k projection is for the birds. You must be obviously a driver.. Please look for something else to do.. Uber driving is not a must do or die affair o.. I have experience all types of drivers before.. Even if you give them the opportunity to enable them to get a car with your help.. They were still screw it up .. I use to pity them and I stop the poo asap.
At the end of the day. The smart ones will deliver and make money. While the rest will continue to make excuses. That is the difference between rich and poor..

You don start abi, u want to bring insult

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 8:14pm On Dec 07, 2018
styveke:

You are still on the wrong thread.

Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 8:16pm On Dec 07, 2018
deedee44:

You're not employing him, you're partnering with him so he has a right of terms and conditions too

God will bless you my Brother. The brain that God has given to you will never diminish. Please help me tell him.
Once again, Thanks

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by hakeem26(m): 8:38pm On Dec 07, 2018
Good and perfect condition, Toyota Camry se 2014 model
Automatic drive, Ac is working fine, alloy wheel,
Accident free, engine is excellent, Leather interiorg
Interested buyer only can call 08153886172
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 8:41pm On Dec 07, 2018
Some people go suffer this 3hrs traffic. I pack for GRA dey wait. Will drive home soon. I can't kii mysef

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GBfleet1: 8:47pm On Dec 07, 2018
Try to buy a car or get a lien from the bank. Nobody forced anyone to sign up for any car. I have 12 Corrola and 3 Camry and they pay 35k weekly though I have had issues with some drivers but I still have nice drivers that are hard working. My cars are direct TOKUNBO and I do all repairs. Only lazy drivers complain any driver using only one app is not ready to work to meet the target.

(quote author=BillGoldberg post=73630331]To prospective drivers who are new in this business... Hear me out... Especially if you are driving for someone. I have driven for 2 people before. One ended well only that owner was bankrupt and sold off car. The other client refused to service the car and I simply went and parked car jejely. These are some things I have learnt so far in this venture...

*Mind What you sign up for before carrying a car. Many cars being given to drivers are dead cars waiting for mortuary. I kid you not.

*With the unbearable traffic jam in Lagos now and taxify slashing prices, the least you can do now is between 25-28k... With the grace of God oo. Because should LASTMA or Police catch you defaulting while hustling, your whole week money is gone! I kid you not.
Car owner does not send you!

*With many drivers now on both platforms, the future of Uber and taxify in Nigeria is almost good as dead. Many graduates are now drivers. Failed businessmen are also turning to Uber. Problematic business issues have also turned so many people into drivers. Yours sincerely fall into this category. What this implies is that supply somehow outweighs demands. So drivers, use your sense and mind what you sign up for!

*On no account should you carry out any repairs whatsoever be it 1,000 on the car. Inasmuch as you give owner between 28-30 k weekly and you are consistent. All repairs are to be carried out by car owner! But make sure you are consistent with the money you remit per week!
Because from there, your tool of hustle will be maintained.

*Remember that your daily target should be at least 15k! Anything less than this is deceivin yourself. Let me break it down for you. 5k to car owner, 5k for fuel, 3k to settle both Uber and taxify commissions and then 1k for you! You see how stupid this business is? Because whether you like it or not, you must settle Uber and taxify and you must buy up to 5k Fuel! Have you seen Lagos traffic of late? I see when some drivers make 13k daily and are happy. Hahahahahahaha... Folly at its peak! Are you aware that within that 13k is your 5k fuel for next day? 5k for car owner that day? And almost 2k for 15% commission Settlement for the platforms you are driving on? And you have to eat for the day and pay other bills? Do you still think its a profitable venture?

*From my experience driving for someone of late... I discovered after 3 weeks that am just driving and making money for the car owner with nothing for myself! Because the terms and conditions of this business have changed drastically! Had to drop car.. So, look for a reasonable and sensible partner that understands a 50-50 situation for both driver and partner so that everybody is happy. Gospel truth.

*Many car rentals give out malfunctioning cars or bad cars to prospective drivers. More often than not, the driver before you is a very bad one and has damaged the car almost. Before you pick up a new car being given to you by either a partner or a fleet, do your due diligence and inspect that car well! Make sure that everything is 98% in order. Demand that fuel be given to you. At least half tank. All these is to make sure that you start running! If they expect 100% from you, why can't the tool given to you be in a 100%? Take this fact to the bank of you ever want to be succesful in this.

*Do not be deceived of how drivers are making millions. Its all wash. No driver is making that currently. Maybe before... But now? Lies lies lies! This stuff is not a business venture. I see it as something you use and hold body and soul together till you regain your feet or something better comes your way...

I will be contributing more of my experiences as time goes on.[/quote]

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by thebigkendo(m): 9:36pm On Dec 07, 2018
With the kind traffic weh dey dis days enh.. GOKADA Naim sure pass.. Had my first GOKADA trip yesterday grin grin grin
Cheaper & way faster.. But no AC and gbedu grin grin but who AC & gbedu epp?? when appointment dey to meet

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tgiirl(m): 10:03pm On Dec 07, 2018
dru23:

Not by force bro. Just drive your car jeje . If uber decides to park up now a lot of you guys will be crying.. Bottom line is when uber was good, driver still complain about delivery money. They still came up with excuses not to deliver.. Most are lazy ..not by force to drive.. Most of you guys or drivers want to be boss over night without paying the cost to be a boss. Personally my drivers are delivering between 30 to 35k weekly..

Drivers will cry less, car owners will car more... If driver can adept to this hardship then they will always find other ways to survive if uber park up....

The guy said it all. I ve campaigned about it when It rosy that drivers hardly ve a good savings...

Check out those driving for partners and now own their cars did not get money for their car thru the that only but got the fund else where to purchase their car.

Dru if ur driver makes 100k gross. Have you ask yourself about he saves at the end of that week?

Pays you 35k. Left 65k
Bought fuel 20k left with 45k ( that's if 2k make 10k consistently which is hardly possible)
Pays uber 25k left with 20k
Pays 10k for tolls, feed, car wash, weekly sub and many other expenses .. Left with 10k (and that if 10k can pay tolls, feeding and the rest)

Ur driver dru is suffering, but proverty won't let him accept it so far he gets something

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Fostercat(m): 10:05pm On Dec 07, 2018
Megadrop:
Your cancellation rate is on the high side that was why they blocked you. You will have to visit their office on Monday where a login code will be generated and given to you to enable you do the online refresher course which is purely about cancellation. Your account will be reactivated after 48hours counting from when you are done with the course. No charges attached. Always log into your account on browser so as to help you monitor your cancellation rate. It helps

After taking the course twice. Uber have failed to unblock my account. I did not drive on uber this week. I visited their Maryland office twice and up till this moment my account is blocked.

I have sent several message to the in app support but to no avail .

Is this how uber blocks for a long time?

This is really frustrating. Who has experience similar issue?

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mistadayo(m): 10:48pm On Dec 07, 2018
How many cancellation do you do on Uber before you get blocked
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 11:16pm On Dec 07, 2018
Tgiirl:

Drivers will cry less, car owners will car more... If driver can adept to this hardship then they will always find other ways to survive if uber park up....

The guy said it all. I ve campaigned about it when It rosy that drivers hardly ve a good savings...

Check out those driving for partners and now own their cars did not get money for their car thru the that only but got the fund else where to purchase their car.

Dru if ur driver makes 100k gross. Have you ask yourself about he saves at the end of that week?

Pays you 35k. Left 65k
Bought fuel 20k left with 45k ( that's if 2k make 10k consistently which is hardly possible)
Pays 10k for tolls, feed, car wash, weekly sub and many other expenses .. Left with 10k (and that if 10k can pay tolls, feeding and the rest)

Ur driver dru is suffering, but proverty won't let him accept it so far he gets something

At the end of the day, those that can make money will make money.. Smart drivers will make more from offline jobs. It all depends on how u wrk .... I have one driver the guy will never call me unless something is wrong with the car. He delivers on time .... So far none has complain to me that the business is tough for them.. Only complain I get is when the car was having issue.. So my brother think outside the box if you want to make money...

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 11:30pm On Dec 07, 2018
Tgiirl:

Pays you 35k. Left 65k

Tell him, he keeps shouting driver makes 100k up and down.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 11:52pm On Dec 07, 2018

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by xana101: 12:57am On Dec 08, 2018
thebigkendo:
With the kind traffic weh dey dis days enh.. GOKADA Naim sure pass.. Had my first GOKADA trip yesterday grin grin grin
Cheaper & way faster.. But no AC and gbedu grin grin but who AC & gbedu epp?? when appointment dey to meet
go igbobi and see what bikes have caused

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 1:53am On Dec 08, 2018
Gentlelife50:

Tell him, he keeps shouting driver makes 100k up and down.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 1:58am On Dec 08, 2018
Chuwaa:
If you want Dru to show up, bring the business and drivers realities and he will....to dispute and disparage the slavery called Uber.
No need shying away from the truth, Uber is slavery. Danfo, keke Napep all make more than Uber.

In those western countries where you live, Uber had come under fire severally abs had had their license suspended like in London and Germany. So 'bro' quit denying the reality.

My brother I agree with.. Driving for uber is not by force bro. Slavery is not gud. You have factory jobs out there, house boy job dey, selling pure water in traffic, bank robbery ,etc pick your choice my brother..
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 2:02am On Dec 08, 2018
Chuwaa:
If you want Dru to show up, bring the business and drivers realities and he will....to dispute and disparage the slavery called Uber.
No need shying away from the truth, Uber is slavery. Danfo, keke Napep all make more than Uber.

In those western countries where you live, Uber had come under fire severally abs had had their license suspended like in London and Germany. So 'bro' quit denying the reality.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 2:08am On Dec 08, 2018
pappy2000:

You don start abi, u want to bring insult

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by iyaegin: 4:12am On Dec 08, 2018
1.9 surge. Experience not yet over.trip 1 activated.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chucsmoore(m): 6:31am On Dec 08, 2018
iyaegin:
1.9 surge. Experience not yet over.trip 1 activated.
I miss d surge, was somewhere at ikorodu yesterday night till this morning. Got an offline trip of 8k , I cldnt reject the offer. It was a good one. From Anthony to ikorodu.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Epphy(m): 6:32am On Dec 08, 2018
dru23:

I speak for me only.. Most of my landing cost no fit pass 1.4m as a matter of fact my highest landing cost is 1.4m. The rest of the cars are between 1.1m to 1.2m range.
To talk of profit now na long story.. I have change management now. Before changing management I was running at a loss.. Manager will come story today, story 2mirrow. It got to the point that manager was stealing from drivers and stealing from owner. So I was getting it from both end. At that time I was not making profit. But since it has changed hands now , things have improved a bit. That is why I scale down from almost ten cars to about six cars. Mostly all tokunbo cars.. If you can get good drivers, the business is profit.. Keep in mind again my landing cost is very low compare to others. And when the going was good with uber, drivers were still making excuses not to deliver.. The same issues we had at the very first beginning of uber ,is still the same issues now ..drivers want to make more than the owner.. Drivers jumping from one partner to another.. That is why a lot of them will never ,never, never ever will be able to afford their own cars.. This is not a curse, I can go on and on .but time no dey

We missed you grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by thebigkendo(m): 7:32am On Dec 08, 2018
xana101:
go igbobi and see what bikes have caused

Go mortuary/cemetery and see what cars have cause grin grin

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 7:32am On Dec 08, 2018
chucsmoore:
I miss d surge, was somewhere at ikorodu yesterday night till this morning. Got an offline trip of 8k , I cldnt reject the offer. It was a good one. From Anthony to ikorodu.

Boss nah wah for u ooo grin, you collect 2.9 surge still deh eye 1.9

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by thebigkendo(m): 7:35am On Dec 08, 2018
Chuwaa:

Ermmmm what is stopping you for doing Danfo & Keke?? Last last na money we dey fine so.. Switch to the better paying option

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mymotong: 8:22am On Dec 08, 2018
mymotong:
Drivers wanted, weekly rental:

Cars are in very good shape...

2004 Toyota Corolla: 35K
2006 Toyota Corolla: 35K
2005 Toyota Camry: 29K

Send email to: support@mymoto.com.ng or call 09032614208

Good working conditions. Drivers with good credit records in rental qualify for Hire Purchase.

Recent Hire Purchase Deals obtained for our drivers (1YR TENURE):
2003 Toyota Corolla (Nigerian Used): 1.5M
2004 Toyota Corolla (Foreign Used): 2M
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MoonlightDrive: 8:29am On Dec 08, 2018
thebigkendo:

Gokada a lottery ticket to igbobi orthopedic hospital, gomax not for people with high blood pressure. Safety first

(1) (2) (3) ... (1168) (1169) (1170) (1171) (1172) (1173) (1174) ... (5698) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: ksmart027(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.