Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,793 members, 7,810,063 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:48 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (1476) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4728585 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1473) (1474) (1475) (1476) (1477) (1478) (1479) ... (5688) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 1:30pm On Apr 08, 2019
lexini:
You’re totally mistaken man. I’ve taken at least 500 rides and I have successfully contested and won every cancellation fee caused by driver not going my way.

This life is not hard. Driver not going my way, I tell driver to cancel, if he refuses and I’m charged, I contest it immediately.
This happens a lot at the airport. I’d rather take airport cab and pay double than be at the mercy of an Uber driver.

Lol. This arrogance seems to be the problem here.
What are you now doing in drivers' forum?

10 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by drmikeadams(m): 1:36pm On Apr 08, 2019
tmebaanne:
Hello house..
I have this 06 camry for sale.
No hire Purchase pls.
1.2 only.
Yes it was on uber, rider wan kill me...I no do again...
pictures available.
Interested buyer reach me on.
07038547321. whatsapp or call..
Thanks.
cheesy grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 1:39pm On Apr 08, 2019
omonla10:
Guys can u advice an intending Uber/Taxify driver on the minimum phone he can buy with minimum price.. Infinix/tecno brand or Samsung brand
Cheapest is Nokia X5. You can also buy London used Samsung note 4 or LG G6

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 1:55pm On Apr 08, 2019
NNAMDIII:
Nice one bro, i now understand you better, please i have some questions and I'll like you to reply me urgently......

I'm a 200level business student in Unn, I'll be graduating next 2 years and I'm thinking of joining this driving business. I don't want to work in an office, you know in Nigeria your certificate doesn't matter, it's who you know(connection) that'll give you a job and it'll be hard to find a good job that someone will be earning up to 100k monthly...

If I'm to start driving will you advice me to register under uber or taxify? What are the requirements? Like drivers license and all those stuffs, i don't have a car but can look for a car that I'll use for higher purchase or maybe I'll just be working for someone weekly and be paying the person like 25-30k weekly. If I'm to pay the owner of the car 30k weekly, can i be able to make 100k a month after paying the owner of the car his money(that'll be 120k monthly)? I stay at the mainland and i need urgent reply....

To meet their requirements how much will everything cost? Like to get driver's licence, go to driving school and all those stuffs and how long will it take me to get all the documents i need?
Two years from now is too far to give you figures. A lot can change within that time frame. Concentrate on your studies for now

11 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 2:01pm On Apr 08, 2019
sammirano:

Pls Advice him on the job if you have the experience to do that and leave his personal life.

Bro. You are really thinking in the right direction, i will adcice you to go fukly into whatecer you have tge passion for now. In the next two years, you will marvel where you will find yourself. SCHOOL does not gurantee anything.
He sees us as mentors that's why he asked. No one is invading his private life. He should be ready first. Don't forget that he's asking for facts and figures. A lot can change in two years, bro

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by gobuchinny: 2:41pm On Apr 08, 2019
QuitNotice:
I was basically talking about the interim between immediately after dropping a rider, and when I get another request. Your car is a taxi, bro; just that it's not painted yellow. Once I step on the streets of Lagos, I don't dull. I waste no second. It's about me tho. As for whether it is legal, I've not be arrested yet.

Be careful bro..you actually have to part of the yellow cabbies before using the signage or painting you car yellow...to be on a safe side you can pay a token to be part of their union.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 2:44pm On Apr 08, 2019
gobuchinny:

Be careful bro..you actually have to part of the yellow cabbies before using the signage or painting you car yellow...to be on a safe side you can pay a token to be part of their union.
Noted. Thanks, boss

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Megadrop: 3:17pm On Apr 08, 2019
donshaddow:
New scam alert. Guys be careful. Rider go request you make u help am pick stuff. Say u go bring am come another location. E fit be island or anywhere. When the person drop am e go say him balance never complete then the rider will ask you to give some money that he'll balance you when you get there. Pls don't fall for it. Take your cash before you move. I've been scammed. Was thinking I was helping and making money say time cos the offer was juicy. Open ur eyes, they could request you from anywhere
If you allow urself to be scammed you will be scammed. In this work delivery of items is inenvitable but it depends on ur approach to it. I have done over 200 deliveries and they were done with no issues. This ehailing work has gone beyond gentleman approach. Personally I don't do any delivery stuff that is not on a card trip. Secondly, I should be able to see and as well vet what am been asked to deliver. And if it must be cash then what am delivering must be something worth it that is the monetary value should exceed the ride fare. A case in point is this, two weeks ago I got a request by 10.30pm around CMD road to deliver two sets of new human hair to one babe at Abule Ijesha. Got to delivery point babe said shes not around that I should hand it over to a friend and send my acc details so that she will do me a transfer. I told her she isnt serious and I went with the items. Na so I carry the hair go house. Early morning next day, she called for it and I billed her 4k to bring it to her + 2k being the trip fare. Be wise in this work or else you keep telling ur family stories.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sholmz: 3:23pm On Apr 08, 2019
Hello house..
I have this 06 corolla for rental.
No hire Purchase pls.
30k/week.
Interested buyer reaches me on.
08080808286. WhatsApp only.
Thanks.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 4:16pm On Apr 08, 2019
sholmz:
Hello house..
I have this 06 corolla for rental.
No hire Purchase pls.
30k/week.
Interested buyer reaches me on.
08080808286. WhatsApp only.
Thanks.

It should be interested driver, not interested buyer

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 4:18pm On Apr 08, 2019
Megadrop:
If you allow urself to be scammed you will be scammed. In this work delivery of items is inenvitable but it depends on ur approach to it. I have done over 200 deliveries and they were done with no issues. This ehailing work has gone beyond gentleman approach. Personally I don't do any delivery stuff that is not on a card trip. Secondly, I should be able to see and as well vet what am been asked to deliver. And if it must be cash then what am delivering must be something worth it that is the monetary value should exceed the ride fare. A case in point is this, two weeks ago I got a request by 10.30pm around CMD road to deliver two sets of new human hair to one babe at Abule Ijesha. Got to delivery point babe said shes not around that I should hand it over to a friend and send my acc details so that she will do me a transfer. I told her she isnt serious and I went with the items. Na so I carry the hair go house. Early morning next day, she called for it and I billed her 4k to bring it to her + 2k being the trip fare. Be wise in this work or else you keep telling ur family stories.

I don learn something today
Thanks for sharing

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lexini: 5:24pm On Apr 08, 2019
bro, i was just setting facts straight. don't trip

I am a stakeholder; besides, na ya father get the thread?

QuitNotice:
Lol. This arrogance seems to be the problem here.
What are you now doing in drivers' forum?

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donshaddow(m): 5:30pm On Apr 08, 2019
Megadrop:
I get your point. Thanks for the info
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donshaddow(m): 5:30pm On Apr 08, 2019
franksam2009:
picking up stuff is a very risky thing to do, that's my point !!! It can get someone into a big mess
Yeah it is. We just need to be extra careful.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Stealth100: 6:03pm On Apr 08, 2019
GforGee:
@Stealth100
Thank you for the better explanation. I now know better. But I can't give money to claim package no matter what, it just doesn't make sense. If you can go online to request for trip, how can you not be able to do common transfer

I forgot to add this; they'll say I would've transferred but it's cash I have. So I will give you cash when you get here.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Megadrop: 6:59pm On Apr 08, 2019
slamstanlee:
subtract your cash collected from ur total earnings, the difference is what you will get on monday. Thats how my app behaves too
I think Uber is experiencing some difficulties with their app at the moment. A times when you get a request the request pickup location will be displaying ur last riders drop off point and this has bn happening for quite sometime now. Network glitch or what?

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Megadrop: 7:14pm On Apr 08, 2019
Please he shouldn't buy any of the undermentioned phones reason being that they do not meet uber android specifications. I was in their office last week to add a new vehicle and a lot of guys I met there were flagged reason is that their phones don't meet uber specifications, even guys using iphone6s like me. On enquiry so as to be on the safe side I was told to get an android phone that meets uber specifications and that they don't have specifications for iPhone at the moment. Uber hammer na batch by batch it will gradually get to everybody.
QuitNotice:
Cheapest is Nokia X5. You can also buy London used Samsung note 4 or LG G6
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 8:08pm On Apr 08, 2019
Megadrop:
the other day i dropped some1 at marina, 2 trips entered both apps simultaneously.
Before i could manage to call. One rider called immediately.
I stylishly ask; madam which app did you order with, because i have 2 phones and i got two requests now. Uber or taxify?
She laughed, and said guy u are smart o, you use both at once? Its taxify
We just laughed over it.
Rider: so i need you to help me buy something at balogun market, then bring to omole phase 1, the stuff is 12k, but i will send you 6k, do you have 6k there to add up? So when you deliver it, we will balance up
Me: send the whole 12k, i will get it and bring to you. I have just 1500 here.
Rider: emmmm, my own part of the bargain is 6k, the person you will deliver it to will give you the remaining 6k when you reach.
Me: ma i am sorry i dont have dat much here, i would have helped.
Rider: ok , no problems, lemme request another taxify and see if he has cash....

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mistadayo(m): 8:14pm On Apr 08, 2019
10 trips done today.... 5 to go. 0% commission must begin tomorrow

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Xneg: 8:28pm On Apr 08, 2019
mistadayo:

That's the best thing to happen to uber this year

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ncnerio: 8:54pm On Apr 08, 2019
Megadrop:
Please he shouldn't buy any of the undermentioned phones reason being that they do not meet uber android specifications. I was in their office last week to add a new vehicle and a lot of guys I met there were flagged reason is that their phones don't meet uber specifications, even guys using iphone6s like me. On enquiry so as to be on the safe side I was told to get an android phone that meets uber specifications and that they don't have specifications for iPhone at the moment. Uber hammer na batch by batch it will gradually get to everybody.

Thought I said something like this b4. Uber want us to buy note8. Them bera start thier phone financing scheme soonest.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 10:23pm On Apr 08, 2019
donshaddow:
New scam alert. Guys be careful. Rider go request you make u help am pick stuff. Say u go bring am come another location. E fit be island or anywhere. When the person drop am e go say him balance never complete then the rider will ask you to give some money that he'll balance you when you get there. Pls don't fall for it. Take your cash before you move. I've been scammed. Was thinking I was helping and making money say time cos the offer was juicy. Open ur eyes, they could request you from anywhere

Thank you for this info
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 11:20pm On Apr 08, 2019
E happen 100% e don dey happen if i no send dem

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 11:25pm On Apr 08, 2019
mistadayo:
and me i have only 2. Taxify just dey drag me go one side
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 11:50pm On Apr 08, 2019
Stealth100:
I'm surprised y'all don't seem to know much about the scam on uber drivers going on now. This is how it works;

Rider requests for a ride, asks you to pick up something and bring to him/her, usually to a far place. They use the long distance to entice drivers, we all like long trips nah abi?

So at the pick up point, the rider asks you to help him pay for the package(usually 3-10k), or help him tip the person dropping the package. He/she will tell you that he will pay you back including the trip fare when you get to his place.

When you get to the destination, the rider that requested would be no where to be found, the package you picked up would end up being useless. One guy was given a package filled with tissue papers. All the numbers you called before would be switched off mostly forever. Only until then would you realise you've been scammed.

This scam has many variants o, but the main way to avoid all the different kinds is to not use your money to claim any package or settle any bill for a rider, whether he is in the car with you or not. They can easily make a transfer to you, you withdraw the money, pay for whatever they want you to pay for and proceed on the trip. Anything other than that is a scam loading.

Be wise!

Because I'm Western Union, abi?

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mistadayo(m): 1:04am On Apr 09, 2019
I didn't even on my taxify
slamstanlee:
and me i have only 2. Taxify just dey drag me go one side

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by austyne22ex(m): 8:36am On Apr 09, 2019
lexini:
bro, i was just setting facts straight. don't trip

I am a stakeholder; besides, na ya father get the thread?

U nor see the name of the thread ni? It reads Partner not rider, if u notice any unnecessary charge from uber, query it and stop disturbing us with ur #400 wahala biko...

Don't quote me cus I won't reply u...I wan go hustle

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lakkyflow(m): 8:41am On Apr 09, 2019
A car delivery of 32k weekly plus you service the car yourself , I mean oil and filter A and pay mechanic .. it's a Toyota Corrolla 2004 sport .. Please Elders in the house Advice ...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tunlapapa: 9:08am On Apr 09, 2019
lakkyflow:
A car delivery of 32k weekly plus you service the car yourself , I mean oil and filter A and pay mechanic .. it's a Toyota Corrolla 2004 sport .. Please Elders in the house Advice ...
You have no business with vehicle repairs or servicing and the highest for rentals should be 30k.
The the owner should drive his car himself.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Johnadu: 9:19am On Apr 09, 2019
Registered 2004 Corolla LE (grey) for sale.
Price is N1.2M.
Location is Ibadan
Call me on 07082919252

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Johnadu: 9:21am On Apr 09, 2019
Registered 2004 Corolla LE (grey) for sale.
Price is N1.25M.
Location is Ibadan
Call me on 07082919252

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by net7777(m): 9:39am On Apr 09, 2019
Good morning. I have been in ikorodu, shoprite side for over 2hrs, no request. Please where can i get pick and drop passengers towards ketu here. At least make i no burn fuel comot. Any Ikorodu experienced personel here

(1) (2) (3) ... (1473) (1474) (1475) (1476) (1477) (1478) (1479) ... (5688) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Welz(m), ksmart027(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.