Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,297 members, 7,829,688 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:32 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (1817) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4801593 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1814) (1815) (1816) (1817) (1818) (1819) (1820) ... (5699) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eherbal(m): 6:15pm On Aug 05, 2019
Cooladex:

Some of them bad riders dey look face o.
Was at ajah late yesternight and I got a trip to Int'l airport, they were 2 ladies and we got along pretty good. They even said it's been a while they met a nice driver b4, until we picked there friend around ikoyi. (She was just seeing them off o)
That one started by saying "oga increase your a.c. abeg", I did that without talking.

As i headed for oshodi to link int'l airport na him this babe start to dey rant "why will you follow here, why not follow opebi, Ikeja side, 'which kain thing be this"

I was like are you normal at all? Do u even know Lagos? Do u know road?. I just parked rake for her wella.
The other ladies had to beg me that she don smoke. I said no wonder.
it was never about the smoke bro,it's in her nature to be like that.believe me cool

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eherbal(m): 6:17pm On Aug 05, 2019
shollywendy1:

We must have met on d street b4. I stays in gbagada too
so you've abandoned us in ikorodu?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:40pm On Aug 05, 2019
XGhost:

[s]Me this morning, feeling very high, bumping my rap songs windows down volume up... Request comes in on uber... I call

Me: Hello, repeatedly
She: Silence
Me: Hellooooooooooo
Shesadvery condescending) I'm listening
Me:calling to confirm your location blah blah blah
Anyway I get there, wait for her some 12mins, I'm already pissed but I still couple...
She Finally shows up, I wan start car she say make I wait someone is bringing something for her, I'm like come on
She say you can start the trip
I said no I'd rather not, just hurry up
Then she says she's going to Sango
I say whaaaaatttt, mba, I no go, while thanking God I hadn't started the trip.
I think sharply and say I can only go as far as abule egba,
She says its lets go
But now my sixth sense is tingling, I change my mind... Tell her you know what, I'm not going at all, call another ride,
She says her phone is dead she can't request another ride
in her front, I cancel for rider behaviour, enter help and refunded her cancellation fee
She says okay let me follow you to the road
I say in my very polite English, I'm sorry but since I've cancelled the trip I'm not obliged to take you so please step out

Madam no wan gree come down
Next thing request enter, from her, I ignore
Madam kuku come down

I loud my[/s] Methodman Zoom off... As I turn off her street I see her ride coming, I laugh for my mind, next thing talalalan... Another request

all I saw was method man cheesy. U be correct guy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Npala(m): 6:48pm On Aug 05, 2019
I honestly don't know why some Uber/Bolt riders are unnecessarily rude. I was on queue on uber at MM1 car park and got a request from MM2. I called rider and told her to give me a few minutes to pay for car park and come and pick her up and she asked ' how many minutes '? I said maybe 10 minutes. She said okay.

I was paying for car park and she called me asking 'Oga where are you ' ? I almost laughed and told her that I am coming, that she should kindly give me some time. She said okay.

I got to MM2 and there was traffic inside the MM2 and i called her and told her that i am inside MM2 already that she will soon see me as i am close to opposite Chicken republic which is where she is standing. She ended call.

As I was parking close to her to pick her, I heard her complaining to 2 ladies beside her that an uber she ordered has not gotten to her for hours. Honestly, it was just 12 minutes.

As she stepped into the car and I was like ' I am sorry madam but there was small traffic ', she snapped at me saying ' Please do not talk to me. Just take me to my destination. I, as an uber driver that was looking to make money for the day swallowed it and started the trip. Card trip. On a monday morning. I said to myself. Just do it. Your reward is in heaven.

We never exchanged a word again till I dropped her off and I said 'Thanks and she didn't respond and later gave me 3 star rating.

This happened like 2 weeks ago but believe me, I am wiser now. If I call you on the phone or come to pick you up and you give me attitude. That trip has ended. I did rather be hungry than humiliated again in my own car. Keep up the good work guys.

For what it's worth. I read the whole of this thread. It took me 2 months. I learnt a lot.
drmikeadams:
grin grin grin

This ur format dey really work? ??as huber dey update app steady,common sense no let dem dey display destination for drivers

22 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by xana101: 6:55pm On Aug 05, 2019
shollywendy1:

We must have met on d street b4. I stays in gbagada too
yeah. Maybe. I stay around Harmony estate. Ifako gbagada.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 6:55pm On Aug 05, 2019
eherbal:
so you've abandoned us in ikorodu?
I gave up wen i spent over 6 hrs in d trafic at majidun during that election eve. Infact, invited my parent over to my house yesterday. They left ikorodu 9.30am got to my place around 7pm. That yesterday trafic mad ehn.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 7:01pm On Aug 05, 2019
xana101:
Great! Gbagada is a sweet area to live. Request yapa, anytime any day. I dnt evn wait to get request in d morning anymore. Because, especially wen u get request from a same person twice. He/ she will strike a deal wit u for drop off everyday.Thats what have been doing since

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 7:03pm On Aug 05, 2019
Mjosh1000:

Its still on
Thank God
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 7:07pm On Aug 05, 2019
mistadayo:
I have done 11 and they sent me mail to drive 4 more and enjoy 3%... hope it's not scam
Now i can complete the remaining 6 trips tomorrow. I just vex go house as d whole matter dey give me headache
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by igwedehxy: 7:25pm On Aug 05, 2019
eherbal:
that's their den.a notorious blackspot.akways advice rider to keep valuables out of sight at these places

and u had to quote my post to add ur reply. Na WA o. someone should teach this person how to post o
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by XGhost: 7:27pm On Aug 05, 2019
eherbal:
da rockwilder - redman/methodman

I AM -noble art feat redman and methodman
cool

Da Rockwilder bad been my ring tone for years
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:29pm On Aug 05, 2019
eherbal:
da rockwilder - redman/methodman

I AM -noble art feat redman and methodman
cool

see another correct man cheesy

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by skillip(m): 7:32pm On Aug 05, 2019
xana101:
I need to be on the look out for your car with plate number Xana 101 then, since you live so close by.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by XGhost: 7:34pm On Aug 05, 2019
Npala:
I honestly don't know why some Uber/Bolt riders are unnecessarily rude. I was on queue on uber at MM1 car park and got a request from MM2. I called rider and told her to give me a few minutes to pay for car park and come and pick her up and she asked ' how many minutes '? I said maybe 10 minutes. She said okay.

I was paying for car park and she called me asking 'Oga where are you ' ? I almost laughed and told her that I am coming, that she should kindly give me some time. She said okay.

I got to MM2 and there was traffic inside the MM2 and i called her and told her that i am inside MM2 already that she will soon see me as i am close to opposite Chicken republic which is where she is standing. She ended call.

As I was parking close to her to pick her, I heard her complaining to 2 ladies beside her that an uber she ordered has not gotten to her for hours. Honestly, it was just 12 minutes.

As she stepped into the car and I was like ' I am sorry madam but there was small traffic ', she snapped at me saying ' Please do not talk to me. Just take me to my destination. I, as an uber driver that was looking to make money for the day swallowed it and started the trip. Card trip. On a monday morning. I said to myself. Just do it. Your reward is in heaven.

We never exchanged a word again till I dropped her off and I said 'Thanks and she didn't respond and later gave me 3 star rating.

This happened like 2 weeks ago but believe me, I am wiser now. If I call you on the phone or come to pick you up and you give me attitude. That trip has ended. I did rather be hungry than humiliated again in my own car. Keep up the good work guys.

For what it's worth. I read the whole of this thread. It took me 2 months. I learnt a lot.

I won't advice you cancel so often, it may be counter productive... Since you know what you've got coming, prepare yourself... Your primary objective is to get the person from point A to B, you don't even jave to exchange a word throughout...

Also, get your voice recorder ready, in case the person turns out to be a real crackhead. This is very important

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by xana101: 7:36pm On Aug 05, 2019
shollywendy1:

Now i can complete the remaining 6 trips tomorrow. I just vex go house as d whole matter dey give me headache
I was angry with Uber today so I didn’t do much on Uber. Was doing taxify. I did only 4 trips on Uber today but I’m yet to get any mail concerning the promo. Hope it’s still on. I don’t want to waste my time ooo. 25% in too much.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mistadayo(m): 7:36pm On Aug 05, 2019
2 more to go...
shollywendy1:

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 7:50pm On Aug 05, 2019
xana101:
I was angry with Uber today so I didn’t do much on Uber. Was doing taxify. I did only 4 trips on Uber today but I’m yet to get any mail concerning the promo. Hope it’s still on. I don’t want to waste my time ooo. 25% in too much.
The same reason why i stopped today. I took a lady to eko hotel from gbagada around 11am, she said i shld wait and take her back to gbagada. I thought off the 25% charges. I quickly ended it and negotiated offline trip back to gbagada using the initial fare.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 8:11pm On Aug 05, 2019
shollywendy1:

The same reason why i stopped today. I took a lady to eko hotel from gbagada around 11am, she said i shld wait and take her back to gbagada. I thought off the 25% charges. I quickly ended it and negotiated offline trip back to gbagada using the initial fare.

grin

Uber right now

12 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by drmikeadams(m): 8:12pm On Aug 05, 2019
Npala:

grin take heart,angry grin grin

From phone convo grin u go know them grin frustration and conji dey worry our naija women angry angry dem no gree do revolution today grin i no know weda na buhari dey worry them or tayizify drivers grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Buynowautos: 8:37pm On Aug 05, 2019
iyaegin:

Your GPS was dancing skelewu or you are doing saka from your screenshot set it shows that ...costain to Maryland cannot be 2k.
Try to change your phone soon otherwise no allow uber sanction you

Samsung A30 nor be good phone again? And plz I dont even know what sake means I just sense it must be fraud.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by femilambor007(m): 8:47pm On Aug 05, 2019
Few pieces left for direct UK used Iphones at wholesale price with healthy battery and dent free

IPhone 6 32GB - 55, 000 - 4-pcs
IPhone 6s plus 64GB - N85, 000 - 2pcs
IPhone 7 32GB - N75, 000 - 3pcs

Payment confirm order..
WhatsApp me on the number on my signature.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 9:05pm On Aug 05, 2019
igwedehxy:

Oya Na. I Dey WhatsApp for zero eight one 20161115. hit me up

Been chatting you on WhatsApp, you will read chats and not reply. Abi I go fry egg first?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 9:06pm On Aug 05, 2019
eghuan1:

There was traffic under those trees by the sports ground at gbagada, when coming from the express.

Next thing I heard was the breaking of the back glass and somebody shouting give me your phone and bag. My rider threw her bag to the front and they collected her phone.

Another guy came to the front, broke the front window and asked me for my own phone, there's one bad phone I keep in the car which I gave them before they left
the advantage of not hanging ur phone. I am so sorry brother. Being a victim of glass smash too, twice gan. Story for another day.
Hey. You see you are not safe even if u wind ur glass up.
May God always lead

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by igwedehxy: 9:39pm On Aug 05, 2019
tojahh:

Been chatting you on WhatsApp, you will read chats and not reply. Abi I go fry egg first?

ogA u sure say Na me. I nor see ur message o
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Wisdom7400(m): 10:04pm On Aug 05, 2019
Npala:

My brother, i have learnt my lessons too. TMB is 11km, i will drop that one in the middle of TMB. Mk she carry her money dey go. Na my car and i no dey jobless.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by drmikeadams(m): 10:29pm On Aug 05, 2019
Wisdom7400:

My brother, i have learnt my lessons too. TMB is 11km, i will drop that one in the middle of TMB. Mk she carry her money dey go. Na my car and i no dey jobless.

grin grin grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 10:54pm On Aug 05, 2019
Mjosh1000:

Waoo nah God go dey protect us o.
If u are on a trip on uber make a complain they will pay for d damages caused but if nah taxify, just thank God for life and move on
Bolt shield no cover am? Abi wetin Dem dey collect 8k for sef

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 11:02pm On Aug 05, 2019
igwedehxy:

ogA u sure say Na me. I nor see ur message o

Chai... No vex my brother. I just see my fuvk up now. I don hala you.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 11:07pm On Aug 05, 2019
eherbal:
nice maneuver.lesson learnt.always keep a decoy phone handy..you never know when you'll need one
I have 3, 2 for sale smiley

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by larryevil: 11:13pm On Aug 05, 2019
Ok
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1daboi: 11:32pm On Aug 05, 2019
larryevil:

Good morning sir my name is Larry am about to get a Mazda 6 2004 car I have safe my whole life to get my first car I have no driving license yet and I don’t know anywhere apart form begger to ikeja computer village and also some part in Ojoubu..I have work many job to get this money for 3 years
after you suffer for 3 years na em you pack all your money come go buy Mazda 6? God be with you broda

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by drmikeadams(m): 11:37pm On Aug 05, 2019
larryevil:

Good morning sir my name is Larry am about to get a Mazda 6 2004 car I have safe my whole life to get my first car I have no driving license yet and I don’t know anywhere apart form begger to ikeja computer village and also some part in Ojoubu..I have work many job to get this money for 3 years

Bro this ur message no complète

Do driving license first,
Learn to use google map
U fit enter bus from oshodi go ajah,then back again,

Try ikeja to ojuelegba then back
So u can have an idea of those routes

Me sef never sabi lag well grin
Some days me n GPS dey jonse

Then go uber office register the car
You go dey okay las las
Most of us no sabi any where for lag when we start

Keep small money for lastma,lg touts and police
Its either thém catch u for wrong parking,using one way,breaking traffic lights grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1814) (1815) (1816) (1817) (1818) (1819) (1820) ... (5699) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: hefelove(m), davit and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.