Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,438 members, 7,830,201 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (1847) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4802628 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1844) (1845) (1846) (1847) (1848) (1849) (1850) ... (5700) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nwizu042: 6:16am On Aug 19, 2019
XGhost:
Used to take Mondays off... But since 3% I do half day Monday so by Tuesday I complete 15 trips...
Also Bae was out of town for 3 weeks so no usual Monday outings... Why not knock of a few trips

Please oo. You people should not start posting earnings oo.
Bro we get your point. grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by vicolame(m): 6:17am On Aug 19, 2019
dru23:

Any partner giving 25k weekly for a fuel efficient car , is more than likely giving you car with problems .......

Oh wow! Is that how you see it? Well I am not disappointed this is coming from you but i av people around me driving corolla and camry they collected toks at 25k on HP and even rents, it has to do with the mind, and when you dont take loan to do business you plan well and give good offers that suites drivers in a way they will not over work the car. Is that to say that you give out ur honda civic at 30k cos the car too is fuel efficient embarassed woow over 15years old cars that one can easily land in 9ja btw 800k to 1m shocked
People get mind o....
Make unna they fear God sha!
Local man cannot can o!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Lienn: 6:18am On Aug 19, 2019
Alvin70:

Urgently need an experienced and responsible uber driver for rental. Car is an 04 Mazda 6. Weekly remittance 20k Because I we be using every 2 days in a week Two reliable guarantors who work in established companies needed. You can reach me ‭+234 701 876 0483‬ stay here at Ojoubu beger Aukte bus stop

grin grin grin

You don't know what you want

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Lienn: 6:23am On Aug 19, 2019
vicolame:

Oh wow! Is that how you see it? Well I am not disappointed this is coming from you but i av people around me driving corolla and camry they collected toks at 25k on HP and even rents, it has to do with the mind, and when you dont take loan to do business you plan well and give good offers that suites drivers in a way they will not over work the car. Is that to say that you give out ur honda civic at 30k cos the car too is fuel efficient embarassed woow over 15years old cars that one can easily land in 9ja btw 800k to 1m shocked
People get mind o....
Local man cannot can o!

Please you can make your point without using that "they-will-not-overwork-your-car" line

So if you give me a car for 15k rental, that means I'll work six hours a day Abi? Why are some of you lying to yourself?

The man above just posted his earnings that is synonymous with what you people (25k crew) earn, and he pays 35k

Please stop using that line.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 6:30am On Aug 19, 2019
If I may ask, when do you start n wen do you close work. Given that you run a Tue- sun shift author=XGhost post=81382946]Worst case scenario fuel and other OpEx takes a third of my net earnings, that's in a bad week. But normally I spend a quarter of my earnings on fuel and others. 1200 etisalat 1.5gb weekly..

I target 15k weekdays, 20k weekends.
Everybody's happy. My landlord isn't based in lagos, comes and goes... He doesn't see his car for weeks unless he's around and I'm picking or dropping him off at the airport (which he pays for).
Like I said, everyone can make money and we're all happy... Until greed walks in[/quote]

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by XGhost: 6:51am On Aug 19, 2019
northbird:
If I may ask, when do you start n wen do you close work. Given that you run a Tue- sun shift author=XGhost post=81382946]Worst case scenario fuel and other OpEx takes a third of my net earnings, that's in a bad week. But normally I spend a quarter of my earnings on fuel and others. 1200 etisalat 1.5gb weekly..

I target 15k weekdays, 20k weekends.
Everybody's happy. My landlord isn't based in lagos, comes and goes... He doesn't see his car for weeks unless he's around and I'm picking or dropping him off at the airport (which he pays for).
Like I said, everyone can make money and we're all happy... Until greed walks in

I wake up at 5, online at 6... By 8 I'm looking for a ride to my destination. Sleep anytime from 10, latest 11, I don't negotiate 6hrs of sleep.
I do mostly uber so 12 hours always at the back of my mind. You can see my online hours in my posts.
So I'll say I work an average 12hrs active driving.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by XGhost: 6:58am On Aug 19, 2019
vicolame:

People get mind o....
Local man cannot can o!

I still insist that any driver celebrating 25k HP either has no intention of seeing out that deal or he's falling into landlord's trap. On the flipside too, any landlord giving out 25k HP has no intention of seeing it through coz I would imagine that an investor will be eager to turn over the investment in the shortest time possible

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Alvin70: 7:22am On Aug 19, 2019
L
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Lienn: 7:31am On Aug 19, 2019
Alvin70:

And u they look for car u don’t even have bicycle..when u have a car in the next 100 years than u can set ur own rules

Oh please shut it

You will use the car for two days and collect 20k. Does that make any sense?

And the driver must bring two verifiable guarantors working in established companies because he wants to drive a Rolls Royce phantom Abi?

look at how you are quoting everyone because nobody has even flashed you talk more of calling.

You better read from page 1 instead of splashing globs of ignorance all over here

And ohh, I wouldn't even be alive in 100 years time, so think again before you type.

Anu gboko

11 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 7:51am On Aug 19, 2019
GAZZUZZ:
any one noticed a surge in Nigerian used corollas all over the place?
Dru and co doesn't want to admit the truth, many partners are already frustrated

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 7:54am On Aug 19, 2019
dapotemi:

Very true. I have called about 6 today alone. They are all ex uber cars. I won't recommend it for my enemy.
grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by computerglobal(m): 8:05am On Aug 19, 2019

Comprehensive Vehicle History Report. .

Contact us on Whats-app now. Just a click away.

https:///+2348060365068

Call/Sms/Whatsapp (Vin/chassis) to +234 - 806 -036 - 5068

www.nairaland.com/computerglobal

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10000072_vehiclehistoryreport_jpeg3e8dde5a1fb4cccbf6626e983b2598da
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 8:05am On Aug 19, 2019
Thanks. Boss, you have raised the bars of positivity on this thread. please one more question. Please can you give a breakdown of ur typical average earnings in an IDEAL WEEK. Like this hypothetically. Work schedule 6am- 10pm
NET( wat uber pays into d acct)- #25000
FUEL- #6000
TAKE HOME- #19,000
Let's exclude other expenses, fuel is the highest cost expentidure ,other expenses can be written off. Thanks.
XGhost:

I wake up at 5, online at 6... By 8 I'm looking for a ride to my destination. Sleep anytime from 10, latest 11, I don't negotiate 6hrs of sleep.
I do mostly uber so 12 hours always at the back of my mind. You can see my online hours in my posts.
So I'll say I work an average 12hrs active driving.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 8:05am On Aug 19, 2019
dru23:

So you are now the spokesman for all the over 5k partners on uber.. Learn to speak for yourself bro. If you are frustrated or things are hard for u .. It does not mean it's the same for everybody
You that once sold of your cars nko? What if you had no means of bringing in cars who knows what would be your fate by now? Or you were one of those partners that have only one car? If this business fail I hope you won't have heart attack the way you always attack anybody that doesn't share your opinion.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:09am On Aug 19, 2019
Gentlelife50:

Dru and co doesn't want to admit the truth, many partners are already frustrated

The future of Ehailing is owner drivers. It will take a while, but it will happen. For now the savings continue

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by franksam2009: 8:33am On Aug 19, 2019
Men are seriously cooking up propaganda inorder to reduce rental price grin,
I can assure you that even if you reduce rental price to 5k your car will still be over used, a greedy person will always remain greedy, though der are few nice compassionate drivers around Sha.
Only a fool will spend 2million on a car and rent it out for 25k weekly(100k--15k service =85k), cos in less than 13 months it's parts will start failing and your so called obedient nice driver will freaking dump ur azzzz grin grin

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jpworld(m): 8:40am On Aug 19, 2019
franksam2009:
Men are seriously cooking up propaganda inorder to reduce rental price,
I can assure you that even if you reduce rental price to 5k your car will still be over used, a greedy person will always remain greedy, though der are few nice compassionate drivers around Sha.
Only a fool will spend 2million on a car and rent it out for 25k weekly(100k--15k service =85k), cos in less than 13 months it's parts will start failing and your so called obedient nice driver will freaking dump ur azzzz grin grin

Let them continue fooling themselves. I only pity owners coming here to look for drivers.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jpworld(m): 8:48am On Aug 19, 2019
Gentlelife50:

You that once sold of your cars nko? What if you had no means of bringing in cars who knows what would be your fate by now? Or you were one of those partners that have only one car? If this business fail I hope you won't have heart attack the way you always attack anybody that doesn't share your opinion.

He sold his car when he was collecting rental for 35k.

Meaning he still loose money despite 35k and find other means to raise money to invest.

If you admit he lost taking 35k weekly as an investor, then he will go back to his village doing 25k.

If the business fail owner will carry their most money and do other business.

But most hard working drivers starting up new in life will suffer.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by vicolame(m): 8:59am On Aug 19, 2019
XGhost:
Its a false narrative that drivers are trying to perpetuate, in my opinion.
I would say its fueled by greed and a lack of discipline.
It would pay everyone if integrity is made an abiding principle.
Everybody should be making money in this biz, driver and owner.
I'm saying this especially on the backdrop of the number of people who've been forced to the fence... In the end, its the driver that's the loser because most owners do not depend solely on rent from uber, Gazzuz and co are prominent examples. I know the number of riders who've said that they were forced to sell their cars cos of stories from drivers, most of those drivers are still solely dependant on uber.
Been on 35k and never defaulted... Now I'm in the market for my own car.

I can only clap for you, well done grin, but some1 need to let you know we have heard and seen this type of post b4 here. Why don't you start by telling us more details like what type of car u used and which saka phone or method too, also don't forget to tell us how u sleep out or worked till very late, tell the full story and not give us half baked cork n bull story. Na only u dey road abi that u think u can come and rubbish everyone making genuine effort on Lagos roads daily with huge risks everywhere. I only pity people that will believe u achieved 35k weekly "conveniently", you are not married i guess or you don't have family members that and bills to pay? This are all the info u must submit b4 i can believe you consistently paid 35k for months without ever owing even 1k cos that's what this post is meant to make us believe. But I am happy for u if u are truly in market for your car so goodluck to you. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by vicolame(m): 9:04am On Aug 19, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

The future of Ehailing is owner drivers. It will take a while, but it will happen. For now the savings continue

Very true, It has started already.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by xana101: 9:18am On Aug 19, 2019
Please where can I do Uber inspection on d island that is not car45
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 9:32am On Aug 19, 2019
deedee44:

A pope that notices the size of women's back side, is that one a pope grin

Its just an illustration nah grin me self I b human being o

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by vicolame(m): 9:34am On Aug 19, 2019
XGhost:

I still insist that any driver celebrating 25k HP either has no intention of seeing out that deal or he's falling into landlord's trap. On the flipside too, any landlord giving out 25k HP has no intention of seeing it through coz I would imagine that an investor will be eager to turn over the investment in the shortest time possible

This right here is the major challenge in this line of business cos even when you get a good driver then bad road and traffic amongst other challenges will still make it difficult.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Lienn: 9:46am On Aug 19, 2019
vicolame:

This right here is the major challenge in this line of business cos even when you get a good driver then bad road and traffic amongst other challenges will still make it difficult.

And the same you is still telling partners to collect 25k

What a life!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by biggie101(m): 9:59am On Aug 19, 2019
biggie101:
Pls how much is the O2 sensor of Camry 05?(for the two)
Pls help me out
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 10:03am On Aug 19, 2019
One thing I know since giving out my car to drivers is as long as there was a written agreement before giving out the car out (rental or hp), I have every right to terminate the lease/contract the very week he defaults and consider taking legal action to get back the week owned. If owners pay attention to this more. No driver will frustrate you out of business be it 25k or 30k rental. Just one default is enough to terminate it all.

Like one poster above me rightly said, even if you give out your car for 5k rental doesn't mean it's isn't gonna be overstressed as long as the driver has an ambition to buy his own car and family responsibilities to take care of, the car will suffer.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by XGhost: 10:54am On Aug 19, 2019
northbird:
Thanks. Boss, you have raised the bars of positivity on this thread. please one more question. Please can you give a breakdown of ur typical average earnings in an IDEAL WEEK. Like this hypothetically. Work schedule 6am- 10pm
NET( wat uber pays into d acct)- #25000
FUEL- #6000
TAKE HOME- #19,000
Let's exclude other expenses, fuel is the highest cost expentidure ,other expenses can be written off. Thanks.

The screenshots I posted are net of uber and taxify commissions.
Weekly target is 90k minimum as in bad as e bad.
Daily target is 15k... 5k for landlord 5k for me.. 5k for fuel and others.
35k for landlord
25k to 35k for me
25 to 30k for fuel.
How I work is aim to make at least 1k for every hour I'm out of the house. So I tie time to earnings, also so I can close as early as possible. So I have it at the back of my mind that I shouldn't work beyond 15 hours to hit 15k. If I don't have up to that, its a bad day. Obviously not all trips are 1k some more some less.
I don't wait beyond 30 mins anywhere...I move, it impacts on fuel but turnover on trips compensates for that. In an earlier post I'd stated that I budget 30kms daily for positioning.
6am start, by 7.30 to 9 I should be looking for destination trip home. If I'm on the island I drive to vi, even if I have to drive empty. I save 1 taxify destination for that cos uber doesn't allow you all the time to set destination especially at rush hour.
I live at gbagada

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by XGhost: 10:57am On Aug 19, 2019
vicolame:

The logic there is that the longer the duration the higher the risk especially given the challenges you mentioned there
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 10:59am On Aug 19, 2019
Before you people come for my head I never said rentals should be 25k oooo,
grin grin
but for me the end way the job is I don't think I can collect any car above 25k.
And I will say it again many drivers I mean many are doing 25 only few drivers are still doing 35 especially the hardworking ones. The rest is 30k, thank you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Lienn: 11:04am On Aug 19, 2019
Gentlelife50:
Before you people come for my head I never said rentals should be 25k oooo,
grin grin
but for me the end way the job is I don't think I can collect any car above 25k.
And I will say it again many drivers I mean many are doing 25 only few drivers are still doing 35 especially the hardworking ones. The rest is 30k, thank you.

And if you buy a Tokunboh corolla, will you give it out for 25k?

If yes, how long will it take you to recoup your capital?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 11:05am On Aug 19, 2019
jpworld:

He sold his car when he was collecting rental for 35k.

Meaning he still loose money despite 35k and find other means to raise money to invest.

If you admit he lost taking 35k weekly as an investor, then he will go back to his village doing 25k.

If the business fail owner will carry their most money and do other business.

But most hard working drivers starting up new in life will suffer.
Oga the point is he almost closed shop thank God he eventually survived.
So the rental fee have little or nothing to do with your survival in the business, bad managers for people that always use fleet managers (those ones are also out for business), mechanics and bad drivers can send you back to village even if you collect 100k.
So you gat my point?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1844) (1845) (1846) (1847) (1848) (1849) (1850) ... (5700) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.