Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,851 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:39 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (1863) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4735041 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1860) (1861) (1862) (1863) (1864) (1865) (1866) ... (5689) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 6:09pm On Aug 27, 2019
Arnoldo:
Requested uber from the airport yesterday to my hotel.. I saw a toyota Camry spider on the guys profile but he came Camry big for nothing with a diff plate number.. Hmm... What could be wrong
Camry spider may be faulty and big daddy is not registered with driver's profile, and money must be made

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Perkins1: 6:11pm On Aug 27, 2019
Epphy:

If it's Taxify, they will most likely ask for your license. But if you have a temporary one, you're

Ah! What about if I just want to register the car and give it out? Or I go with a copy of my drivers license application?
Which kind wahala be this bayi? undecided
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nwizu042: 6:14pm On Aug 27, 2019
Arnoldo:
Requested uber from the airport yesterday to my hotel.. I saw a toyota Camry spider on the guys profile but he came Camry big for nothing with a diff plate number.. Hmm... What could be wrong
You didnt ask him?

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Xneg: 6:19pm On Aug 27, 2019
Perkins1:
Please guys I'll be going for inspection tomorrow. Though I don't have my drivers license yet. Hope no problem?

Gentlelife50
Xana
Izzuo
Tojahh

I'll be needing the inspection centre address closed to Yaba. Thanks my chairmen

How did you register on uber/bolt without a license
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Cooladex(m): 6:40pm On Aug 27, 2019
mrjaydee:
On today's episode of girls are wicked.

Request came in on uber, I called and rider told me to pick up her mum and drop off at home.

Me and her mum got off to a good start, we chatted very well joked and laughed. Mama bought plantain chips for me and herself. We got to her house a quickly came down opened the door for her (gentleman) helped her with her bags to her gate.

Mama still tip me 1k although it was a card trip. I drove off.

Was chilling somewhere no requests so I decided to check my trips and rating shocked I saw that my ratings dropped for 4.8 to 4.7.

I called the rider and asked politely why she gave me 3stars??

Rider: that's what I normally give drivers.
Me: I just ended the call. The annoying part is I gave her 5stars.

End of story

Lol. Evil people

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Perkins1: 6:42pm On Aug 27, 2019
Xneg:

How did you register on uber/bolt without a license

Nope I didn't register, the car will be going for inspection. I'm not on any platform yet.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Cooladex(m): 6:49pm On Aug 27, 2019
1daboi:
you're lucky she didn't report to uber. If she had uber would've blocked your acct immediately.

Mine was I received a request at Ikeja, drove to the location, a Chinese man came out, told me to first take him to anifowose street(Ikeja) for a meeting after which I'll take him to eko hotel (vi) I asked how long the meeting would take? oga says he doesn't know so I suggested I take to the meeting venue and end the trip so that when he's done he orders another ride. Chinko says yes. Getting there, fare was 430 he gave me 5h, I gave him 50 bucks. Na so uber write me say I started trip without a rider in my car that if I try it next time, will loose my acct. They even say rider will not be charged, changed fare to 0 naira!
Brothers and sisters, what really happened? Could it be that jet li lied that the trip didn't happen? I'm confused. Although i ve gone to the trip and have reported what happened

See, those riders lie like devil's. Don't just ignore, write an essay tonuber explaining in details what happened.
I picked one babe from VI to Anthony,
She doesn't even know where she was going at all. , so she put a wrong address, only for us to get to her destination and d bobo she was going to see told her she imputed a wrong destination , I took her to the right destination.
We ended trip and it was 3800, just few mins after dropping her off my earning was slashed down to 1700.

I just vex write uber email. How unfair they are not to even contact me b4 slashing my earnings.

They apologized and returned my money o

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Xneg: 6:56pm On Aug 27, 2019
[quote author=Perkins1 post=81667960]

Nope I didn't register, the car will be going for inspection. I'm not on any platform yet. [/quote

I'll assume you're giving the said vehicle out to a driver.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Perkins1: 7:31pm On Aug 27, 2019
[quote author=Xneg post=81668355][/quote]

Kind of...

Before my licence will be out.
So is it possible for the car to be inspected? When I don't have a license? Are they connected?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mistadayo(m): 8:23pm On Aug 27, 2019
Please guys how do you add a new car on Your profile on bolt. I've done that of uber and it's pending. It's urgent please.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pinkyruledworld(m): 9:36pm On Aug 27, 2019
Cooladex:

See, those riders lie like devil's. Don't just ignore, write an essay tonuber explaining in details what happened.
I picked one babe from VI to Anthony,
She doesn't even know where she was going at all. , so she put a wrong address, only for us to get to her destination and d bobo she was going to see told her she imputed a wrong destination , I took her to the right destination.
We ended trip and it was 3800, just few mins after dropping her off my earning was slashed down to 1700.

I just vex write uber email. How unfair they are not to even contact me b4 slashing my earnings.

They apologized and returned my money o
e be like say person go deu get video recorder for moto now o.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 11:30pm On Aug 27, 2019
kingviny:
Thumbs up to all Digital Drivers / car owners on this platform.

Once upon a time it was when this business was very very lucrative. When charges were good and demands were high, when both drivers and owners were smiling to the banks weekly after a good work week.

Now, things are no longer at ease. Things have fallen apart!

How can you make ends meet when your A.C car will be seeing N300 on some trips! How can you when Lasma, Police and now local government officials are out there waiting for you to make a slightest mistake to give you "warning" of 20k! ?

With 100s joining the business weekly based on the fake adverts being promoted by these companies telling you to come and make 400k in a month when that is no longer feasible little wonder that the market is now so saturated with so many drivers having lots of waiting time.

I feel for all of you because I tried this with my car for 2 months. It was there I experienced what you guys are going thru. It wasn't easy, especially when you have to pick up some funny passengers living on streets that looks like the narrow way in the bible. Or when the passenger is using your car to convey EBA and soups, all sorts thereby creating a cacophony of confusing smell making one to deodorizing asap!

I have since given my car to a driver who can weather the storm. Haven been there, done it I had to be nice to him. He only delivers 20k weekly because I know it is not easy.

And this is the crux of my write up. We need to do something about this situation to help our drivers and ourselves.

We need to form a power house network or union so that we can collectively demand that ...

1. The minimum amount on our car per trip should be 1k.

2. Earn a premium on passenger with lots of loads. (Snapped evidence)

That way, income for drivers and owners can increase.
If they refuse and about 10,000 or more cars pull out of their network for a startup who is ready to play ball, they would sit up.

We can use WhatsApp to mobilize each other and meet.

What do you guys think?
You can't fix the loopholes in capitalism, You can't regulate it, heck the government can't even do a thing since they get their Tax revenue. In capitalism, the market system regulates itself and these goes through lots changes and revolutions.

The customer always win, The government always smile, promise a better day but turns a blind eye eventually, The bourgeoisie always win and lastly the proletariat are always at the receiving end, being the loosers and only hope in two things, God and a better day.

This is just the nature of the social Imbalance and the structure in which capitalism was built on. Reason why Karl Marx condemned it, Hitler kicked against it but US and other allied forces sholved it down the world's throat which resulted to world war 2. So you see my friend, Reality is savage.

To further prove my point, why is that not only Nigeria uber drivers that are complaining? Uber drivers in the US and UK are also complaining bitterly, well that's because capitalism is taking effect, demand and supply precedes the market.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 11:38pm On Aug 27, 2019
Perkins1:

Kind of...

Before my licence will be out.
So is it possible for the car to be inspected? When I don't have a license? Are they connected?
Chairman you don't need to bother yourself wait until your licence is out then you go for inspection and training at once or since you want another person to drive the car let the person take the car for inspection himself then let him give them your email so you can have the inspection report in case you want to use it later.
To the second question, you can inspect your car without licence.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 5:04am On Aug 28, 2019
Goodbloke:
I have been following this thread for the past few weeks and I have noticed that drivers are always lamenting about low patronage and low fares as regards this ehailing business.

Am due to join this hustle anytime in September by God's grace and I humbly ask this question .

Is ehailing still profitable and will I be able to net at least 150k per month ? Or should I just sell the tokunbo car when it arrives and use it for something more profitable.

The complaints and jolting tales I get from here isn't encouraging at all

My brother few things I can tell you .. Go for it and don't mind the people that are saying the business is not profitable.. It is usually slow this period . By middle of Sept it should pick up .plus uber promos are getting better for example... if you do 15 trips and pay the 25% commission, any trips afther your 15 trips will be 3% commission... if you target yourself well well ,you can do 15 trips in two days...
Also to ginger you.. I have a female driver and started her first uber with me .. This young lady delivers on time and never gives me issues at all .. She was a radio guest few months ago to talk about her experience as a female uber driver.. She can't be more than 26years ,does she have two heads ? If she can do it and you as a man can't do it .. You are on your own be that, no food for a lazy man ...so think am well . At the beginning it might be tough, but nothing comes easy at all .. Even Ashawo job no easy at all ..stay bless

11 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ncnerio: 7:30am On Aug 28, 2019
dru23:

My brother few things I can tell you .. Go for it and don't mind the people that are saying the business is not profitable.. It is usually slow this period . By middle of Sept it should pick up .plus uber promos are getting better for example... if you do 15 trips and pay the 25% commission, any trips afther your 15 trips will be 3% commission... if you target yourself well well ,you can do 15 trips in two days...
Also to ginger you.. I have a female driver and started her first uber with me .. This young lady delivers on time and never gives me issues at all .. She was a radio guest few months ago to talk about her experience as a female uber driver.. She can't be more than 26years ,does she have two heads ? If she can do it and you as a man can't do it .. You are on your own be that, no food for a lazy man ...so think am well . At the beginning it might be tough, but nothing comes easy at all .. Even Ashawo job no easy at all ..stay bless

Okay Boss man Dru not trying to shade you in anyway but that lady Jimmy Disu interview can't be ur driver cos if she is I sopose know you be dat. And I know for a fact say her boss partner no get bullet proof fleets of any kind and she no dey drive bullet proof. Infact na him wifey they handle the lady in question self except you don marry and get two kids they are not from the East part of the country or they use very nice proxy here I very much doubt. Just saying.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 8:30am On Aug 28, 2019
ncnerio:

Okay Boss man Dru not trying to shade you in anyway but that lady Jimmy Disu interview can't be ur driver cos if she is I sopose know you be dat. And I know for a fact say her boss partner no get bullet proof fleets of any kind and she no dey drive bullet proof. Infact na him wifey they handle the lady in question self except you don marry and get two kids they are not from the East part of the country or they use very nice proxy here I very much doubt. Just saying.
Person wey dey do everything to protect his business

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 8:42am On Aug 28, 2019
ncnerio:

The shading here is quite polite and professional.

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 9:04am On Aug 28, 2019
ncnerio:

Since the day he has been talking about that lady, I suppose that lady for don get her own car by now and leave am.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Lienn: 9:39am On Aug 28, 2019
ncnerio:

grin

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Perkins1: 9:46am On Aug 28, 2019
ncnerio:

The lady is our inspiration grin

Dru for President

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Lienn: 9:46am On Aug 28, 2019
I wouldn't call this business unprofitable, but the job isn't worth it, walahi

Went to pick a relative from the airport(International) around 5am. Didn't go with a car, so I decided to use Bolt

After her flight arrived and I saw her. We hugged and I was pushing her trolley, when those airport cab guys hovered around us
Me: Oga, how much you go take to carry us go Apple junction?
Cab guy: Give me #4500
Me: How much last?
Cab guy: Oga, I go pay #500 for car park. I go pay 20% commission to the owner of the motor. I go buy fuel #1500. Check how much go remain Oga. #4500 no much at all

I decided to check Bolt app. App was showing #2100 to #2700. Chai.... What a pity

We later settled for the Airport cab guy. My relative saw the #4500 as too small. £10 for such a distance?

The fares are not worth it. This job is just a means of survival. Walahi

13 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Perkins1: 9:53am On Aug 28, 2019
Lienn:

Went to pick a relative from the airport(International) around 5am. Didn't go with a car, so I decided to use Bolt

After her flight arrived and I saw her. We hugged and I was pushing her trolley, when those airport cab guys hovered around us
Cab guy: Oga, I go pay #500 for car park. I go pay 20% commission to the owner of the motor. I go buy fuel #1500. Check how much go remain Oga. #4500 no much at all

I decided to check Bolt app. App was showing #2100 to #2700. Chai.... What a pity

We later settled for the Airport cab guy. My relative saw the #4500 as too small. £10 for such a distance?

Its different school of thought. As far as money enter hand, no shaking. I know a landlord here in Lagos with 4 corollas. Baba and him wife no dey work anything, young wife, man should be about 50years. We got talking and he told me, he'd be the last person to leave ehailing unless gofmet put a ban on it like they did Okada. I weak, that nothing will ever make him go hungry thanks to ehailing.

I just waka leave am say baba make I go check wetin I put for fire. Point is. No matter what, people still break even. Let's just be going as it appears.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Lienn: 10:01am On Aug 28, 2019
Perkins1:

Its different school of thought. As far as money enter hand, no shaking. I know a landlord here in Lagos with 4 corollas. Baba and him wife no dey work anything, young wife, man should be about 50years. We got talking and he told me, he'd be the last person to leave ehailing unless gofmet put a ban on it like they did Okada. I weak, that nothing will ever make him go hungry thanks to ehailing.

I just waka leave am say baba make I go check wetin I put for fire. Point is. No matter what, people still break even. Let's just be going as it appears.

I'm not talking about the investment. I'm talking about the profit. And a partner may break even. But what about the driver? What is he actually making?

Let's look at the route sef

Apapa Oshodi expressway is blocked because of the road construction. So the fastest route is through 7&8, Aswani, Ire Akari estate, Ago palace way

While one sees #4500 as reasonable, another is mandated to take not more than #3000 for the same route.

A partner can get his 30k weekly, but na the driver I pity oh

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 10:31am On Aug 28, 2019
ncnerio:

Whether bullet engine or not , the fact is I do have female driver. She is the best driver I have so far.. If she can do it and not complain, I don't see why any man out there should complain..
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 10:33am On Aug 28, 2019
Lienn:

I'm not talking about the investment. I'm talking about the profit. And a partner may break even. But what about the driver? What is he actually making?

Let's look at the route sef

Apapa Oshodi expressway is blocked because of the road construction. So the fastest route is through 7&8, Aswani, Ire Akari estate, Ago palace way

While one sees #4500 as reasonable, another is mandated to take not more than #3000 for the same route.

A partner can get his 30k weekly, but na the driver I pity oh
Which drivers?
The ones that always tell us how they save 30-35k after paying their 35k?
Don't let them hear this ooo

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 10:35am On Aug 28, 2019
Perkins1:

The truth of the matter is when you own a fleet and do things accurately as well as manage the business yourself, there will be maintenance and repairs challenges but the revenue will be like fraud money in the long run as long as you run that fleet yourself. I'm not talking one or two cars here. 4 and above.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 10:45am On Aug 28, 2019
aaronson:
The truth of the matter is when you own a fleet and do things accurately as well as manage the business yourself, there will be maintenance and repairs challenges but the revenue will be like fraud money in the long run as long as you run that fleet yourself. I'm not talking one or two cars here. 4 and above.
You said it all, people that own multiple cars will find it somehow easy.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nwizu042: 10:57am On Aug 28, 2019
dru23:

Whether bullet engine or not , the fact is I do have female driver. She is the best driver I have so far.. If she can do it and not complain, I don't see why any man out there should complain..

You mean you have been lying to us about your female driver getting hosted on the radio?

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 11:03am On Aug 28, 2019
Lienn:

Con imagine say no be all Airport cabs get AC or working stereo.
This hustle fit no be like before but e still better pass some 50k jobs wey you go leave your house as early as 5am only to come back by 8-9pm ,Mondays through Saturdays. No leave bonus, no Christmas bonus ,no medicals. Sometimes sef dem fit owe you salary for 3months.
I suffered for 2 and half years but i thank God for the experience and exposure , that suffering made me developed a thick skin. Local man is chin up!

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 11:05am On Aug 28, 2019
Gentlelife50:

Which drivers?
The once that always tell us how they save 30-35k after paying their 35k?
Don't let them hear this ooo

Bros, if Jesusson 2020 read this one, na another World War 2 o grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (1860) (1861) (1862) (1863) (1864) (1865) (1866) ... (5689) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: northbird, Lovelysexy and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.