Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,578 members, 7,812,878 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:11 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (1864) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4735087 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1861) (1862) (1863) (1864) (1865) (1866) (1867) ... (5689) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 11:23am On Aug 28, 2019
dru23:

Whether bullet engine or not , the fact is I do have female driver. She is the best driver I have so far.. If she can do it and not complain, I don't see why any man out there should complain..
So in short, no be your female driver dem interview grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 11:40am On Aug 28, 2019
deedee44:

So in short, no be your female driver dem interview grin

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 11:40am On Aug 28, 2019
nwizu042:

You mean you have been lying to us about your female driver getting hosted on the radio?

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 11:44am On Aug 28, 2019
muyiwaadekunle1:

This hustle fit no be like before but e still better pass some 50k jobs wey you go leave your house as early as 5am only to come back by 8-9pm ,Mondays through Saturdays. No leave bonus, no Christmas bonus ,no medicals. Sometimes sef dem fit owe you salary for 3months.
Local man is chin up!

Now this is the inspiration I need. I'd worked with a bank for 3 years with 72k salary. 5-8pm Monday to Friday and some Saturday based on spillover. Yet no savings. No balling.
This job is not a goldmine but it is way better than a 5-8pm yes sir job of 70k. I own my own Dru23, still I work like I'm on rental or HP. Yes I should be considered so because na borrow I borrow to complete money buyer am.

las las.... I be dey answer them yesir... Now na me dem dey answer yesar. (Bonaboi)

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 12:01pm On Aug 28, 2019
PuZZyNegro:
Is it me or the way this business is.

I carried one girl yesterday and we both agreed that I was going to use the map since we don't know her way.

While driving, she made a call to confirm the route to her destination after which she told me that it seems we are following the wrong direction. I had to reroute to a landmark in the location that she was going and from where the map led us through, we were not in the wrong direction earlier.

15 minutes after, she told me that she knows her way home now that I should end the trip. The girl came down and entered bike.

I drove home from there only to check my phone to see a notification from bolt. The girl gave me a 1 star rating thereby dropping my rating from 5 stars to 3 stars but she didn't stop there. She needed more pound of flesh. She reported me to bolt that I didn't take her to her destination. The bolt agent that contacted me asked me what happened and I explained that the rider requested that I end the trip. There was no altercation or provocation all through the ride duration other than the route we followed.

This girl in question should not be more than 22 years and from her conversation on phone, she schools at Unilag.

My question is, WHY ARE GIRLS NATURALLY WICKED AND HEARTLESS?

If I were to be this girl's brother, would she give me a 1 star and still go ahead to report me for no just reason? What was she trying to achieve actually?

If a lecturer marks her down now for no just reason, you will see her shouting that lecturers are wicked but you see them display their wickedness at the slightest opportunity.

Behind that pretty face with a charming smile is a human being with a black heart as dark as devil. I just don't understand why young girls are the most of the problems in this job.

No woman, no cry.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by busayo2uk: 12:12pm On Aug 28, 2019
As if when i want to sell my corolla, i will put a tag on it that I have used it for Uber ooo.

dru23:

My brother no matter how you try to help people, some cant be help.. Nigerians are just one way road. People do follow follow up and down... why are people buying Corolla up and down. A tokunbo Corolla 03 to 05 will cost you around 1.5m to start with.. So you can't tell me that these people are not fortunate enough like me.. I agree I do have an advantage, but they themselves should think outside the box and looks for ways for them to be fortunate like me.. There cars like civic, Kia, Elantra just to name a few .. These cars cost less than a Corolla and these are the cars that they can use for uber ....so please dont come and tell me who is fortunate and who is not... don't come and tell me the resale value of a Corolla o .. Any buyer that knows you selling a naija used corolla that has been under uber will not buy it well.. They may end up buying it for that 600k range o ...Just because it is a Corolla dont tell me people will buy the car well ,after the fact that the car has been used for uber

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 12:13pm On Aug 28, 2019
ncnerio:

Okay Boss man Dru not trying to shade you in anyway but that lady Jimmy Disu interview can't be ur driver cos if she is I sopose know you be dat. And I know for a fact say her boss partner no get bullet proof fleets of any kind and she no dey drive bullet proof. Infact na him wifey they handle the lady in question self except you don marry and get two kids they are not from the East part of the country or they use very nice proxy here I very much doubt. Just saying.

Can the man Drive?

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OgaMaxi: 12:13pm On Aug 28, 2019
New cars are available. Experienced uber/taxify drivers needed this week at Yaba !!

Whatsapp/call: 08027855518

God bless our hustle this week
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mistadayo(m): 1:23pm On Aug 28, 2019
Guys I've been trying to upload my uber inspection report but it's not going. Any help please.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 1:33pm On Aug 28, 2019
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Lienn: 1:42pm On Aug 28, 2019
tojahh:
https://www.nairaland.com/5384862/samantha-otobo-uber-driver-injures

Uber and Bolt already know them. So they don't even bother wasting their time after hearing ridiculous stories

How can someone burst your breests, smash your phone and tear your dress just because you told him to follow the light? Does this make any sense?

So where did he drop you off? The traffic light? Or your destination?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by xana101: 3:39pm On Aug 28, 2019
tojahh:
https://www.nairaland.com/5384862/samantha-otobo-uber-driver-injures
that’s good for the Olosho. They don’t have job yet they talk to hustling driver that’s doing legit job any how. They respect yahoo boys more than Uber drivers. I almost slap one at oniru this Saturday. They shamelessly sell there body and don’t give respect to legit hustlers. Thank God Uber turn her down.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 4:31pm On Aug 28, 2019
The reason why I don't ever take any of their antics. At times I even asked for the fare money before I move the car. I no wan hear Bros na 7H dey here just manage am. Give me your number I go call you.

Immediately you enter my car, I'd tell you.... I DONT ACCEPT TRANSFER PLEASE. If you like vex, at least it has saved us from physical brawls. Olosho dey hustle, you no fit owe them o. Na me she go come use shine?

Am I a learner?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by martyns200(m): 5:17pm On Aug 28, 2019
mistadayo:
Guys I've been trying to upload my uber inspection report but it's not going. Any help please.

Try use chrome browser
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mistadayo(m): 5:33pm On Aug 28, 2019
Thanks. That's what I used. Back on the road tomorrow after a week break. Old car sold, new car registered.
martyns200:

Try use chrome browser

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 5:39pm On Aug 28, 2019
dru23:

It would make mine more relevant cheesy
Just kidding, I don't blow off people's candles sir, I light candles just like someone here lights ovens grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 5:41pm On Aug 28, 2019
xana101:
that’s good for the Olosho. They don’t have job yet they talk to hustling driver that’s doing legit job any how. They respect yahoo boys more than Uber drivers. I almost slap one at oniru this Saturday. They shamelessly sell there body and don’t give respect to legit hustlers. Thank God Uber turn her down.
They respect nobody, they only respect money

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 6:49pm On Aug 28, 2019
deedee44:

They respect nobody, they only respect money

If you drink beer. Meet me for Cylo lounge make I buy you one. You spoke absolute truth. Those girls no send even if you dey push wheel barrow. Just tender the money.
Me self no go send weda your buwest dey show or you wear mini skirt. Na money I wan collect make business end.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by magnumx: 7:01pm On Aug 28, 2019
Please I was told that certain phone types are not allowed on the uber platform for drivers and one may be banned if non compliant, how true is this ?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Oluwabengz(m): 7:10pm On Aug 28, 2019
aaronson:
You can't fix the loopholes in capitalism, You can't regulate it, heck the government can't even do a thing since they get their Tax revenue. In capitalism, the market system regulates itself and these goes through lots changes and revolutions.

The customer always win, The government always smile, promise a better day but turns a blind eye eventually, The bourgeoisie always win and lastly the proletariat are always at the receiving end, being the loosers and only hope in two things, God and a better day.

This is just the nature of the social Imbalance and the structure in which capitalism was built on. Reason why Karl Marx condemned it, Hitler kicked against it but US and other allied forces sholved it down the world's throat which resulted to world war 2. So you see my friend, Reality is savage.

To further prove my point, why is that not only Nigeria uber drivers that are complaining? Uber drivers in the US and UK are also complaining bitterly, well that's because capitalism is taking effect, demand and supply precedes the market.

My fellow economists grin

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Oluwabengz(m): 7:12pm On Aug 28, 2019
magnumx:
Please I was told that certain phone types are not allowed on the uber platform for drivers and one may be banned if non compliant, how true is this ?

Very correct
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by magnumx: 7:17pm On Aug 28, 2019
Oluwabengz:

Very correct
Hmm, what prompted this rule,afterall the most important thing is the phone functionality
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Oluwabengz(m): 7:25pm On Aug 28, 2019
1daboi:
you're lucky she didn't report to uber. If she had uber would've blocked your acct immediately.

Mine was I received a request at Ikeja, drove to the location, a Chinese man came out, told me to first take him to anifowose street(Ikeja) for a meeting after which I'll take him to eko hotel (vi) I asked how long the meeting would take? oga says he doesn't know so I suggested I take to the meeting venue and end the trip so that when he's done he orders another ride. Chinko says yes. Getting there, fare was 430 he gave me 5h, I gave him 50 bucks. Na so uber write me say I started trip without a rider in my car that if I try it next time, will loose my acct. They even say rider will not be charged, changed fare to 0 naira!
Brothers and sisters, what really happened? Could it be that jet li lied that the trip didn't happen? I'm confused. Although i ve gone to the trip and have reported what happened

I think the trip has a GPS error and Uber thinks you started the ride without the rider. I had a similar issue with Uber the other day. After dropping off the rider, I got a message that I "started the ride without a rider." naxo I emailed them, para for them for alleging me wrongly without contacting the rider to confirm. Naxo them beg me, gimme some additional change untop my fare so that I no go vex grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Oluwabengz(m): 7:27pm On Aug 28, 2019
magnumx:

Hmm, what prompted this rule,afterall the most important thing is the phone functionality

Baba ask Uber ooo undecided

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Maax23: 7:40pm On Aug 28, 2019
northbird:
I think there is a remedy to that, izzou posted a number as regards unblocking your account
Am back online now. Thanks Alot. I called them, they unblock me

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 8:03pm On Aug 28, 2019
Good one maxx. I'm so glad. Let's kip the flame burning.
Maax23:
Am back online now. Thanks Alot. I called them, they unblock me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1daboi: 8:30pm On Aug 28, 2019
Comrades, please will uber and taxify accept this wagon? 06

1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Epphy(m): 8:48pm On Aug 28, 2019
magnumx:

@ the bolded, exactly the reason they advise against some phone models. Some are ridiculously below standard while some can still be managed/utilized.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MoonlightDrive: 10:41pm On Aug 28, 2019
WHAT A WEEK:THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGLY
last week in summary:

THE GOOD:
I completed the trip, and i was surprised when my rider sitting at the back seat, offered his hand for a handshake.
This would be my first handshake on the job, from a very happy rider... (during the ride we talked about politics, business, etc)

The next ride was also nice because of the rider's comment.
Rider: Wish i could rate you 6 Stars!

On another trip:
Rider made a complaint during the trip about an issue with the car.
When i drove her to her drop off point and ended the trip, i promptly thanked her for the feedback.
she looked surprised.

The Bad:
Drove to pick up a lady at one of the popular churches in Gbagada, after driving 10 minutes to the pick up point, i saw the lady with some guys.
i actually thought only the lady was to enter the car, before i knew it a guy entered the front seat, when i looked in my rear mirror, i noticed some form of struggle for sitting space, i now realized that 3 men and a lady were trying to squeeze into the back seat.
Me: I can only take 3 passengers at the back
Area Riders: Why now.
Me: Sorry i will have to cancel the trip it is against uber policy:
Lady: WHAT NONSENSE!
Me: I drove off without any further exchange.

I am sure the Pastor sermon for the day was not "WHAT NONSENSE".

The Ugly:
Perhaps i should stop being too casually dressed.
Picked up this lady early in the morning, in one of those high brow areas in Ikeja, the client told me on phone to drop her off somewhere at Opebi.
During the trip, she said she was going to a different destination. (It was a card trip so i was not bothered)

Rider: Please do you know where there are aboki's shop
I started driving along the route where there was a good chance we would see some aboki shop,
I was wondering what she wanted to buy from Aboki (i thought of all those hallucinating drugs), boy was i wrong.
After 3 aboki shop and no luck, we were getting to about 5 mins to her final drop off point,
Rider: Please stop there is another aboki at the roundabout
Me: i told i would need to drive to the end of the road and make a uturn,
Rider: That would be too far, can you just help me to cross over and buy CONDOM!
Me: in my mind what did i just hear, did i tell you to be scantly dressed!
(So this was what we have been searching for)
Me: no response:
i put the car in reverse so that she could get as close as possible to the aboki,
She was in luck as the Aboki had the treasured item for sale.
She brought out N200 from her bosom, that would make Lisa Lisa of cult jam green with envy
I finally dropped her off at a different location, which was one of those seedy hotels in Ikeja.

From my bad and ugly experience, some riders have the wrong perception of uber/bolt drivers!
To the king of memes wondering whether he should start managing a different kind of fleet... u are on your own!
If a N200 condom can fetch you N20,000+ in a day, then this is the real Sakamanje!

10 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Isaactope27(m): 10:54pm On Aug 28, 2019
ncnerio:
2006 corrolla 1650
2004 Corolla 1550 x2
All toks and accident free going very fast Camry 07 and others available limited sales. 2 full 40ft containers all cars duty fully paid pics available on request.
what is the location and how can I contact you
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 11:06pm On Aug 28, 2019
ncnerio:
2006 corrolla 1650
2004 Corolla 1550 x2
All toks and accident free going very fast Camry 07 and others available limited sales. 2 full 40ft containers all cars duty fully paid pics available on request.
Hmmmmmmmmm, when some people still buy it 2million. Let me comment my reserve

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Loftyy1: 11:42pm On Aug 28, 2019
my people on this section, Your boy Gazzuzz has done it again reducing himself to a nonetity.

Go on this thread and see how people are lambasting him and loosing the respect and reputation he has built so far all because of jealousy.

https://www.nairaland.com/5167845/n1200000-less-tokunbo-cars/57

Gazzuzz, Na wah for you ooooo, How could you have created a thread dissuading people from buying Canada cars knowing fully someone is steadily closing deals and doing something different importing same Canada cars?

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (1861) (1862) (1863) (1864) (1865) (1866) (1867) ... (5689) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Resurgent2016, Welz(m), Djdamian(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.