Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,444 members, 7,830,221 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (1978) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4802657 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1975) (1976) (1977) (1978) (1979) (1980) (1981) ... (5700) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Y1nka(m): 4:57pm On Oct 15, 2019
famousguy01:
Had to wake the bad side of me today @ Oshodi on oyetayo street, was just coming in from Bolande while still angry for carrying a rider from Ojodu to Egbeda wouldn’t have carried her but had to take the trip because she was pregnant. From egbeda to Oshodi no single request, when I got to oyetayo street had to take a call so I pulled over that’s when I saw this guy inside keke park in my front was thinking he’s just highlighting but my eyes are on him, he came beside my car and knock at my windows because my doors and windows are always locked and I hardly put off my engine while working except in a conducive place, that’s how this useless taut was asking me where I’m going I just laugh and told him what’s his concern immediately I tried to move the guy in the keke tried to obstruct me with keke I hit the keke on purpose and put my vehicle on reverse I wanted to finish the keke once and for all snap it and report it as accident. That’s how the guy that came down started shouting ‘were leleyi oooo, fiii le fiii le’ in Yoruba language. The only God that saved them was that they didn’t stand in my front themselves, that’s how my bumper now has this little damage

This is Lagos, sometimes you need a swift change from , “what’s wrong with you bro? To abi aye e fe bomb ni, if I reason u”? ... it’s lasgidi fam! But this car needs washing sha

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eherbal(m): 5:27pm On Oct 15, 2019
lin3r2:
My ogas in the house una boy hail thee. Please I have an issue that I'll kindly need advice on.

There is this corolla, 2010 model that a lady in my church is willing to give me for 2M on hire purchase for a period of 2 years. This is because she has gotten a car loan with the bank she works with and would like to use the weekly payment I'll be remitting to pay the car loan she'll get then probably continue by herself once I am done with my payment.
NB: She bought the car as tokunbo early this year. But I suspect the car to be accidented undecided

Now, the car is in the repair shop and is displaying "VSC OFF". The mechanic says it's the gear box based on the report the person driving the car gave him. They have removed the gear under cover, drained the oil and washed the filter with kerosene.
Now the question is this

1. They want to use Mobil for it, is it advisable and will it get the job done? If yes, how much is a litre and how many would be needed?

2. Regarding the hp issues, what clause, if at all, can I put in place to protect me from future unwanted stress?

3. Anyone with a HP agreement template should kindly send it to me via whatsapp on zero 8 zero 94 seven 5 8919.

Lastly, is it a sweet deal? Even though I know the answer to that question cheesy

Cc: Oga Gazzuzzzz, tojah, and all the other legends in the house.

Please help me treat it as urgent. God bless y'all
Our hustle is blessed.
your mechanic is an ignorant and Wicked person.VSC OFF is not a fault unless it's blinking. it's the indicator for traction for your car.the traction is activated manually when driving thru slippery or wet roads for stability. it's got nothing to do with the gear system for God sake! that car has Avery sensitive gear system.washing it with kerosene? na wa o.pls make sure the gear oil is Toyota recommended which is about#15k.dints settle for nothing less,or else you're gonna cry yourself a river.
change spark plugs,clean Injector mouth,clean Injector nozzles,and your air filter. be also sure to change your cabin filter.
make sure to use full synthetic engine oil for optimum performance and to avoid sludge. get Mobil 1 America from gazzuzz as Nigerian Mobil does not come highly recommended.
anything short of this,that car is a lemon waiting to happen. spend now,smile forever.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CarGuideNG: 5:43pm On Oct 15, 2019
lin3r2:

NB: She bought the car as tokunbo early this year. But I suspect the car to be accidented undecided

Please help me treat it as urgent. God bless y'all
Our hustle is blessed.

In addition to the useful advice offered so far, if you suspect the bolded, we would recommend you get a report documenting the history from manufacture till it was shipped to Nigeria.

That would alleviate your concerns about any previous damage, accidents or otherwise. You would lose nothing by taking that step.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eherbal(m): 5:46pm On Oct 15, 2019
eherbal:
your mechanic is an ignorant and Wicked person.VSC OFF is not a fault unless it's blinking. it's the indicator for traction for your car.the traction is activated manually when driving thru slippery or wet roads for stability. it's got nothing to do with the gear system for God sake! that car has Avery sensitive gear system.washing it with kerosene? na wa o.pls make sure the gear oil is Toyota recommended which is about#15k.dints settle for nothing less,or else you're gonna cry yourself a river.
change spark plugs,clean Injector mouth,clean Injector nozzles,and your air filter. be also sure to change your cabin filter.
make sure to use full synthetic engine oil for optimum performance and to avoid sludge. get Mobil 1 America from gazzuzz as Nigerian Mobil does not come highly recommended.
anything short of this,that car is a lemon waiting to happen. spend now,smile forever.
tried your no,but it's switched off. undecided
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mistadayo(m): 6:21pm On Oct 15, 2019
Your car doesn't beep if you don't use seat belt?
pope191:
My matter don enter prayers, d rate at which I'm working for law enforcement is no more making sense. Got a trip to Ajah from Ikeja this morning, rider was a bit controlling on d phone, but I just over look it, when she entered I didn't even bother looking towards her side, not knowing she did not use sit belt. Lastma ard osborne apprehend us and start taking picture, before she realise she's the reason for d drama... I just felt weak and dumbfound, we got to their office, she called d lasma people she knw, they reduce charge from 20k to 6200, she turned to me that she has tried, her time is just burning here, I should give them 6k (Tough have cancel d trip)... I don't have cash at hand, so she lend me 6k. On our way, she said the trip is supposed to b 5/5200 so I'll have to transfer 1k to her, which I was just looking. I dropped her off at the end of addo road and I honestly don't feel like transferring a kobo to her, despite dropping her acct number. Back to mainland now and the zeal is not just dia to drive.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by adsmaster: 6:24pm On Oct 15, 2019
nwizu042:

Izzou abeg help me with that Ielts link abeg... The time don come finally.
Thanks.

But wait oh... Baba you wan move too? Chai! No time oh
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 6:31pm On Oct 15, 2019
Mjosh1000:

Sorry bro those lastma go enter my trap one day

Thanks boss
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 6:32pm On Oct 15, 2019
fasa199:

Wait who should be held responsible for a passenger not using seatbelt?? The passenger who is adult or the driver

In Dubai! the offender, but the car here grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 6:32pm On Oct 15, 2019
adsmaster:

But wait oh... Baba you wan move too? Chai! No time oh

If you get way move o. I for no return from UAE na because I no wan dey roam the street aimlessly and take to crime to survive na why I chose to comeback. But no lele, we go still ball out soon.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 6:34pm On Oct 15, 2019
izzou:

Its the driver

Pope191....Take it as one of those days. More grace fall on you bro.

In fact, let me bless the Pope sef cool

I need the blessing boss, I just weak far... I am not even understanding myself, I stay ard ogba, got to omole estate yesterday ard 1am, instead of me to go home, I just pass d night inside car cos I won catch early bird, nah early gbese I catch las las grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 6:39pm On Oct 15, 2019
pocohantas:

That is quite painful. I found it insensitive the way she refused to share in the liability. Very insensitive of her.

The way she carry on after all, left me in shock, she was just busy making phone calls like nothing happened. It was such a horrible experience driving from sura to langbasa, swimming d pools with car for nothing. Common words of comfort or sorry did not come out from her.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by fasa199(m): 6:43pm On Oct 15, 2019
stacyadams:
grin grin huna never meet those" ur seatbelt will stain my shirt crew" or "am wearing a white shirt crew

One even tell me seat belt dey choke em stomach and em food no dey digest grin can u believe d joker?

Trust me bro I have. I simply tell you please go and sit at the back I’m comfortable.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 6:45pm On Oct 15, 2019
tojahh:

Baba transfer her 1k for her base on agreement. Sorry for the loss. This is the reason I don't even want to know how wealthy you are when I meet you. Some persons no really like to use seat belts because they look their clothes too neat to be rumbled. Some girls self dey feel like e dey demercate their breeast hence no need to disfigure their looks because you're just a common driver, you don't have to tell her what to do.

My Pope, sorry jare, next time no gree for anybody, pay attention. Na so I dey do my own. Some self go begin operate radio, AC, Tapping glass, seat adjuster. I go just clear well ask...

HOW YOU WANT AM? then I fix wetin you want and we move.
There was no point she and I had an agreement, I only oblige to transfer, because I felt its nothing, but on true reflection, she was remorseful, she felt I've been favoured, cos if nor for her, I won't have been ticket. I just lost 5k because of her, if she part with 1k, I don't think it's too much of a sacrifice.

I normally check to see if riders fasten sit belt, but one of my weakness is minding my business if I have a female rider, I don't know if this happens to anyone, I always dislike when a lady starts adjusting because i'm trying to check my mirror, the way I avoid looking at dia side is next to none.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by famousguy01(m): 6:46pm On Oct 15, 2019
Na everyday washing bro, I just need to round off first person no know how far with this weather.

Y1nka:

This is Lagos, sometimes you need a swift change from , “what’s wrong with you bro? To abi aye e fe bomb ni, if I reason u”? ... it’s lasgidi fam! But this car needs washing sha
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by timifakay(m): 6:46pm On Oct 15, 2019
GAZZUZZ:
want to upgrade to alloyed rims?
Iv got a sharp set of 195/65/15

https:///2348033910382

Corolla 2003-2008

I want!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 6:47pm On Oct 15, 2019
thebigkendo:

Wait ohh.. Front passenger seat belt or back?

Front boss, its only ppl from overseas that always fasten back seat belt.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 6:49pm On Oct 15, 2019
izzou:

I tell you. The authorities makes it worse

I go Agbara yesterday with public transport. Road safety just dey park cars wey dey okay, dey check trunk, particulars, blah blah blah

But all those danfos and LT wey don die, driver no wear seatbelt, conductors dangling like rags from the doors,..... Dem no even stop those ones

This country cannot be redeemed.

Redeem ke grin w

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 6:52pm On Oct 15, 2019
pope191:

I normally check to see if riders fasten sit belt, but one of my weakness is minding my business if I have a female rider, I don't know if this happens to anyone, I always dislike when a lady starts adjusting because i'm trying to check my mirror, the way I avoid looking at dia side is next to none.

You mean she actually was seating at the back?

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 6:54pm On Oct 15, 2019
famousguy01:
Had to wake the bad side of me today @ Oshodi on oyetayo street, was just coming in from Bolande while still angry for carrying a rider from Ojodu to Egbeda wouldn’t have carried her but had to take the trip because she was pregnant. From egbeda to Oshodi no single request, when I got to oyetayo street had to take a call so I pulled over that’s when I saw this guy inside keke park in my front was thinking he’s just highlighting but my eyes are on him, he came beside my car and knock at my windows because my doors and windows are always locked and I hardly put off my engine while working except in a conducive place, that’s how this useless taut was asking me where I’m going I just laugh and told him what’s his concern immediately I tried to move the guy in the keke tried to obstruct me with keke I hit the keke on purpose and put my vehicle on reverse I wanted to finish the keke once and for all snap it and report it as accident. That’s how the guy that came down started shouting ‘were leleyi oooo, fiii le fiii le’ in Yoruba language. The only God that saved them was that they didn’t stand in my front themselves, that’s how my bumper now has this little damage

Boss easy damage u car, I know dose guys can't make one to do the unimaginable, even since I to go fix car because I vex trying to clear them, I learnt not to damage valuable because of them, las las we go talk, either i refuse to pay or let go of some tin, but damage my car because of dem is a no no for me now. I don't respect touts, cos they get nothing on me.... Nah lasma b my greatest problem now.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 6:57pm On Oct 15, 2019
tojahh:

You mean she actually was seating at the back?

Nope! Front
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by fasa199(m): 7:00pm On Oct 15, 2019
pope191:
They was no point she and I had an agreemenr, I only oblige to transfer, because I felt its nothing, but on true reflection, she was remorseful, she felt I've been favoured, cos if nor for her, I won't have been ticket. I just lost 5k because of her, if she part with 1k, I don't think it's too much of a sacrifice.

Bro we are together. I carried 3 passengers from VGC to unilag, 2 girls at the back and 1 guy in front. 1 of the girl was on a very short skirt, she was sleeping with her legs resting on my chairs and the hand rest I had to check if she was putting on her slippers na so the other girl just wake her up to adjust herself say I Dey peep.

When I newly started this hustle I picked a lady from festac to Abule ijesha she had her breast and laps showing when she entered the car. Looking at my side mirror on her side I noticed she started adjusting and I just decided to use my rear mirror.

WOMEN ARE GENERALLY LIKE THAT AND ALSO SOME ASS HOLE MEN WITH PUSSY LIKE STRUCTURES

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Hustlersdiary: 7:17pm On Oct 15, 2019
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lin3r2(m): 7:21pm On Oct 15, 2019
CarGuideNG:

In addition to the useful advice offered so far, if you suspect the bolded, we would recommend you get a report documenting the history from manufacture till it was shipped to Nigeria.

That would alleviate your concerns about any previous damage, accidents or otherwise. You would lose nothing by taking that step.

Thank you very much for this. Please how do I go about it?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 7:24pm On Oct 15, 2019
pope191:
My matter don enter prayers, d rate at which I'm working for law enforcement is no more making sense. Got a trip to Ajah from Ikeja this morning, rider was a bit controlling on d phone, but I just over look it, when she entered I didn't even bother looking towards her side, not knowing she did not use sit belt. Lastma ard osborne apprehend us and start taking picture, before she realise she's the reason for d drama... I just felt weak and dumbfound, we got to their office, she called d lasma people she knw, they reduce charge from 20k to 6200, she turned to me that she has tried, her time is just burning here, I should give them 6k (Tough have cancel d trip)... I don't have cash at hand, so she lend me 6k. On our way, she said the trip is supposed to b 5/5200 so I'll have to transfer 1k to her, which I was just looking. I dropped her off at the end of addo road and I honestly don't feel like transferring a kobo to her, despite dropping her acct number. Back to mainland now and the zeal is not just dia to drive.

But why should the driver be held responsible for rider's failure to use seat belt?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lin3r2(m): 7:25pm On Oct 15, 2019
eherbal:
tried your no,but it's switched off. undecided

Yea it's just the whatsapp that's active. I didn't insert the sim in a phone. At least not yet. Thanks for the info. I really appreciate you guys.

Level up

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 7:43pm On Oct 15, 2019
izzou:

Its the driver

Pope191....Take it as one of those days. More grace fall on you bro.

In fact, let me bless the Pope sef cool

Do they back seat belt serious also as they do for front seat plz?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CarGuideNG: 7:47pm On Oct 15, 2019
lin3r2:

Thank you very much for this. Please how do I go about it?

Send a message via WhatsApp.

Contact details in Signature.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 7:49pm On Oct 15, 2019
Ogbunigwe2018:

Do women ever take the blame

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 7:49pm On Oct 15, 2019
peeps4u:

Do they back seat belt serious also as they do for front seat plz?

Nop
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 7:49pm On Oct 15, 2019
Rubbiish:

Didn't u read where he said d rider was a lady?
Do women ever take responsibility for anything in this part of d world?

Accurate name
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Rubbiish(m): 7:54pm On Oct 15, 2019
radautoworks:

Accurate name
Madam abeg park one side wink

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1975) (1976) (1977) (1978) (1979) (1980) (1981) ... (5700) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.