Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,115 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (1997) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4774236 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1994) (1995) (1996) (1997) (1998) (1999) (2000) ... (5698) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 8:17pm On Oct 20, 2019
Seriously, I still wonder why the apps can't display the riders destination before accepting a trip.

That way cancellations will b minimal, you got 15 secs to decide whether you are going to a place or not.

Infact riders will have reduced wait time. Cos whoever accepts the trip is already aware of where he is going. So no need of cancellation after accepting.

And the e companies can now profile the destinations mostly avoided by drivers n place their ' bonuses' on such areas to drive up acceptance rates.

That way everybody wins : the company, the driver, the rider.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 8:25pm On Oct 20, 2019
northbird:
Seriously, I still wonder why the apps can't display the riders destination before accepting a trip.

That way cancellations will b minimal, you got 15 secs to decide whether you are going to a place or not.

Infact riders will have reduced wait time. Cos whoever accepts the trip is already aware of where he is going. So no need of cancellation after accepting.

And the e companies can now profile the destinations mostly avoided by drivers n place their ' bonuses' on such areas to drive up acceptance rates.

That way everybody wins : the company, the driver, the rider.

You deserve beer.

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 8:34pm On Oct 20, 2019
izzou:

You think drivers don't FORWARD THEIR COMPLAINTS THROUGH OFFICIAL CHANNELS AND PRESS FOR REVIEWS?

You really think so?

izzou, don't mind them. During d training @ bolt, they told us if a rider fails to pay a cash trip, we shd report back to them that they wud pay.

I asked someone i met at the training centre who drives on Bolt, he told me point blank. If you don't collect your cash (cash trip) from your rider, then you are the greatest mugu in Lagos.
He even told me he doesn't do transfers, cash or he drags you to the nearest police station.

I was like shocked

Why will a rider order a trip n try n play smart.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 8:38pm On Oct 20, 2019
izzou:

Even if it is once, to me, it's unprofessional

But you know what? You had your reasons for doing that. You saw a reason that, I cannot see. I may not understand, but you really do.

And you the funniest part? I would probably reject the repairs just as you did

That's my point in this whole matter.

It's not the same. I don't have a contract with my head office that says I must. Sometimes it would help my customers to buy used parts but I don't because I have a contract and I like to deliver a quality product.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 8:43pm On Oct 20, 2019
pocohantas:

I don't see myself traveling across such terrain. grin
This one is not a matter of terrain, all the terrains are bad and filled with flood including your island.
grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 9:26pm On Oct 20, 2019
Abeg who dey go East for December? I dey on ground, Car sound, AC, we go even stop for Ore sef grin, I travel any day you want to travel for the yuletide. Come make we negotiate.... If Huber or Tazifia like make them change am for me e no concern man pikin.

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by stacyadams: 11:36pm On Oct 20, 2019
Dbossmanager:

Only a mumu driver is looking for a ride to epe unless he stays there or was going there. I am from epe and I can tell u even if you stay there for 3 days, u wont get a trip back...
The ornicos man's anger wasn't for the offline offer made by the driver but for the rejection, prolly many drivers cancelled on him because of his destination...
Some people stay in government-forsaken areas...looking for a car they will destroy with their terrible roads...
Even in the USA, drivers reject trips they dont fancy...
If uber could drive his own car, am sure he would blacklist some of this terrible places from using his platform...
the morals is....if you stay in government-forsaken areas with terrible roads, enter okada or marwa....and drivers stop negotiating offlines, pity your lives and your cars...simply cancel those terrible areas...
worst is ....those areas have bad riders....lol...
Any of my drivers that take my cars there ehn...lol..make I sha no know...lol...
grin grin

For driver to meet up ,him go accept most trips even to jericho
Huber & tayi ziscam care only bout there percentage
So for driver to meet up especially coro boiz,u see them swimming in river lekki and they hardly go home,
Riders sef go carry u go yeye locations wey yeye government no gree fix roads
Las Las na the car go suffer am grin
Partner go call for em rental money
Owner sef go later sell d car for auto section grin

Now should we blame drivers for accepting trips to places like ejigbo,ikotun,agbara?or blame riders who live in satellite town?or blame huber & tayizi scam for blocking drivers for cancellation of trips to mumu areas?or govt wey no gree fix roads?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Eizenburg: 12:15am On Oct 21, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

ornicus carry on I de feel u wink

I follow you for back Dey feel am
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chijioker(m): 2:56am On Oct 21, 2019
Dolphin Transport Limited is recruiting for drivers with UBER/TAXIFY (Bolt) experience who can work under a hire purchase agreement as drivers for our company. We have an organized method of operation and we require smart and intelligent drivers .

Job Title: COMPANY DRIVER PARTNER (Hire Purchase Plan)

The drivers will be tasked with the responsibility of the vehicle being in their care. The vehicle maintenance amongst other things will be the responsibility of the Driver.

Qualifications
*Must be resident of Lagos and its environs
*Must  have Valid Nigerian drivers license
*Must have UBER/TAXIFY (Bolt) experience
*Must be willing to make N150,000 down payment as security deposit.
*Verifiable work history over the last 6 months
*Must be backed by a verifiable guarantor
*Good oral and written communication skills
*Strong work ethic.

Applicants who fit these criteria should send their cv to tbonita212@gmail.com

Only candidates who fit the profile will be considered and contacted. Interview date can be flexible and will be communicated if shortlisted.

For more information please call: +234-8167-5719-29

1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 7:19am On Oct 21, 2019
northbird:
and why doesn't the system give to the Epe drivers such trips, and if you want to go to Agbara give to the Agbara drivers, if there are also the sango otta drivers , give to them too. Why must it give trips to drivers who will eventually cancel.

Factor in close proximity to rider. What if the driver who is willing to go to such areas is several kilometers away, which I believe will happen a lot the time.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by daddytime(m): 7:22am On Oct 21, 2019
chijioker:
Dolphin Transport Limited is recruiting for drivers with UBER/TAXIFY (Bolt) experience who can work under a hire purchase agreement as drivers for our company. We have an organized method of operation and we require smart and intelligent drivers .

The drivers will be tasked with the responsibility of the vehicle being in their care. The vehicle maintenance amongst other things will be the responsibility of the Driver.

Qualifications
*Strong work ethic.

Only candidates who fit the profile will be considered and contacted. Interview date can be flexible and will be communicated if shortlisted.

Would have taken this if it were Abuja.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by delgroveng(m): 7:46am On Oct 21, 2019
Car Media accessories

Any brand of Cars

Entertain your guest with this Car media accessories

Set yourself apart from the competition

Shipment 4 days to Lagos

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Y1nka(m): 8:21am On Oct 21, 2019
Crvrider:

Factor in close proximity to rider. What if the driver who is willing to go to such areas is several kilometers away, which I believe will happen a lot the time.

Actually , it happens already. If you turn on your destination, you may actually be far from the rider you’re connected with.. I’ve driven 7km and above for destination before... weird I know

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by daddytime(m): 8:45am On Oct 21, 2019
An Uber/Taxify compliant car needed on a hire purchase arrangement in Abuja.

Preferably a Honda Civic 2007 - latest models or a corolla.

Would consider other economical and easy to maintain brands too.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 9:48am On Oct 21, 2019
Y1nka:

Actually , it happens already. If you turn on your destination, you may actually be far from the rider you’re connected with.. I’ve driven 7km and above for destination before... weird I know

Well, I guess some riders won't mind though, especially if they've had series of cancellation already. So, getting a driver who is willing to go, will be a sigh of relief.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 10:02am On Oct 21, 2019
Y1nka:

I got a ride yesterday and rider was 11Km away... I was just starring till the rider cancelled when I didn't move or take his calls. I no fit shout. 11km is like from Adekunle to Ikoyi self.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 10:09am On Oct 21, 2019
nitigriti:

I love these questions!

1) I will accept Festac to Agbara online on a dry day so long as I can be back in Lagos (Egbeda) before 4:00pm. If I check Google maps to and fro and I see that I can't make it back before 4:00pm, I will reject and cancel the trip and let the rider know my reason.
As it is raining now, I cannot take the trip from Festac to Agbara.

2) I always did my trips online. If I feel a trip request will not pay me, I reject outright. I never try to convert an online trip to an offline one.
You mean you end the trip after starting? Because that's the only legit way to know your rider's destination, or you would ask rider for destination? Remember that's against Uber's rules and regulations too just like asking for a trip to be done offline. Whichever one it is, you've gone against Uber's directives thereby committing an offense that suits you, so why frown at others for committing an offense that suits them just because its different from yours grin
The same thing goes for Mr holiness working upstream, everybody is a sinner, but not everybody will commit the same sin as yours so dont criticize. Leave that for he who has no sins

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 10:11am On Oct 21, 2019
nitigriti:

True sir!
Even Uber and Bolt understand drivers will reject a few trips. That's why drivers are only penalized when their rates of rejecting trips goes above a set limit. It's not professional to tell a rider, "I'm not going to your destination because the roads are bad; but I will go if we negotiate the trip offline." It's not professional and it's not right.

My opinion.
It's also not professional to ask a rider for destination, you see? grin

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 10:14am On Oct 21, 2019
nitigriti:

Trust me sir, Ornicus understands the challenges and I do too, at least I've worn the shoes severally. What he is saying is, no matter how hard the ehailing driving circumstances are, we shouldn't forget a platform links us to the riders and that we owe ourselves a duty to deal honestly with the platform. And if we aren't satisfied with the services the platform offers us, we should revert through official channels. We shouldn't take it as an excuse to undercut the platform.
As if they would listen, some have tried but failed. In Nigeria, it is always all man for himself because no one really cares about anyone without caring about themselves first

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 10:18am On Oct 21, 2019
medd422:
I don't blame the drivers or the riders. I blame the ehailing companies.

Some few months ago, I drove on uber, picked a rider from general hospital igando to super bus stop. The fair was 1350. Few days after, I rode on gokada bike from d same igando to the same super bus stop, the fair was 1250. So the difference between a four legged air conditioned car to a two legged sun-beating bike is 100naira.

If the pricing was right, no driver will cheat d system. Simple

As for me and my household, I won't go to any outskirt of Lagos on the platform. Offline or I move on, that's how stars do cool

God bless you plenty plenty

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jayooh: 10:22am On Oct 21, 2019
Wow, page nineteen ninety seven.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 10:27am On Oct 21, 2019
ndubuis:
Let's just understand one thing. The Uber rule that requires drivers not to ask or reject trips is worldwide, developed countries where things actually work, not naija. If you have ever driven your car across Babs Animashaun, Community Road, off Ago Palace Way, entered a deep pool of water, end up spending hundreds of thousands to fix it, you will understand why you should ask. A request once came my way of a man going to Epe on Uber. So, should I accept it because I want to be a nice guy and drive back empty? Uber does not care about what happens to you or your car, truth be told. So, why do I have to be a slave to the system? I turn down request to places that I deem as dangeous in terms of bad roads and otherwise. I will continue to do so. Accept such trips at your peril. This is Nigeria, not America. What applies there cannot apply here. That professional balderdash cannot and will never apply here with the road, security and economic situation.
I dont know why they fail to see the reality or they just want to be inconsiderate. I once rejected a trip that would give me more lost than gain, rider rudely threatened to report me to uber, I gently told her it is my car and not Uber's. It's like they believe uber bought and maintains the cars for us

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 10:39am On Oct 21, 2019
nitigriti:

You can't cut Uber or Bolt out of a deal it doesn't have in the first place. Let's say you request an Uber to Enugu. You, I and Uber know Lagos to Enugu trip is not possible on the app. This is an opportunity the platform is bringing for the driver. Rider knows he or she can link up with a driver through the platform. Rider wants to go to Enugu. The platform cannot deliver that service. Rider and driver negotiate a fee. Uber and Bolt tells rider and driver that the trip is at each party's risk despite the platform bringing both parties together. There is nothing fraudulent there.
Rider doesn't know taxi park to go and chatter his car abi? We're just deceiving ourselves. As long as uber is responsible for your meeting, uber must be involved. If you must condemn one crime then condemn all crimes

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 10:42am On Oct 21, 2019
Based on the discussion of trying to cheat the system: Got a request this morning from Adebisi Popoola street in Lekki at a surge of 2.1x. Rider was meant to go to Foodies in Lekki as well but said her final destination is Ikeja. When I heard Ikeja, at that huge surge, I was licking my lips. Lol. She later said, the people she was supposed to meet at Foodies haven't showed up (which I suspect was a lie), that we should proceed to Ikeja. But before then, she would like to use the Zenith bank at Admiralty way. She said it won't take her more than 10 minutes. I obliged, knowing the surge I was in, I won't bother how long she stays in the bank. Here comes the twist, the woman asked me to end the trip while she enters the bank, that we should negotiate off line for the trip to Ikeja. I just knew that she doesn't want to pay the huge fare on Uber that may likely come with the trip to Ikeja. My plan was to bill her based on the 2.1x surge for any offline trip. On a second thought, I knew she would negotiate 3k for any offline trip since she knows what she's doing. (Looking for who to cheat). I ended the trip at N800, immediately I got another request at 2.0x surge. I told her, sorry I already have another request and left her there after she paid. What am I trying to say here, the clowns that come here to berate uber drivers should realize that there are also bad riders who try to cheat the system. This woman wouldn't have asked for an offline trip if she wasn't caught up in a massive surge on uber. Cheats are cheats, I see more riders who try to take advantage of ehailing and cheat the system. People should stop being ignorant and one sided in their judgement.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 10:43am On Oct 21, 2019
chijioker:

Qualifications
*Strong work ethic.

How much is your background check fee?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Olahevan: 11:45am On Oct 21, 2019
2003 RAV4 1.9m

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donshaddow(m): 11:51am On Oct 21, 2019
Good day my people. Will taxify accepted Honda Baby Boy year 2000?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 11:51am On Oct 21, 2019
deedee44:

How much is your background check fee?

Haba bro. Is he the same person?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eherbal(m): 12:29pm On Oct 21, 2019
ornicus:

i have been riding on uber for the past four months.
before i could register this complaint, i had to COMPLETE my registration on the website and set up an email address.

https://www.uber.com/global/en/sign-in/

prior to this, i had NEVER had any notifications outside of the app
the moment i did this, i started getting notifications in my email of every trip i had done.
i hope this clarifies.
this is also applicable to anyone who rides uber for business trips
for anyone riding uber for business trips, this is how you generate receipts that can be tendered
this can be presented as a receipt - something most of the dodgy jokers herein will not understand tongue

obviously every Driver has to do a COMPLETE registration, since the driver is the one in a business relationship proper

this foolish response is precisely why i say so many of you are unemployable . you continue to demonstrate a complete lack of logical thinking

nice attempt at trolling, though. lets see what your next step will be

we have moved from broke mofo to you dont ride uber to festac to wow so you are registered on uber

keep on with the mentions, but don't bi-tch about the responses tongue

this doesn't change the fact that you fraudulently took pics of a someone else's parked car in a roadside lot in festac town.youve fraudulently avoided that topic from the time I mentioned it to now that it's being mentioned by someone else .your hypocrisy is astronomical on an inside life level. stop being what you're not.there are lots of folks here that can help you if only you're humble.its never too late to be a good boy. eat the humble pie.insulting peeps shows your loyalty to the low life crew.
listening to you at times makes me wonder if your naming ceremony was ever conducted. be guided boy,you're straying too far undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kodred(m): 12:34pm On Oct 21, 2019
ndubuis:
Based on the discussion of trying to cheat the system: Got a request this morning from Adebisi Popoola street in Lekki at a surge of 2.1x. Rider was meant to go to Foodies in Lekki as well but said her final destination is Ikeja. When I heard Ikeja, at that huge surge, I was licking my lips. Lol. She later said, the people she was supposed to meet at Foodies haven't showed up (which I suspect was a lie), that we should proceed to Ikeja. But before then, she would like to use the Zenith bank at Admiralty way. She said it won't take her more than 10 minutes. I obliged, knowing the surge I was in, I won't bother how long she stays in the bank. Here comes the twist, the woman asked me to end the trip while she enters the bank, that we should negotiate off line for the trip to Ikeja. I just knew that she doesn't want to pay the huge fare on Uber that may likely come with the trip to Ikeja. My plan was to bill her based on the 2.1x surge for any offline trip. On a second thought, I knew she would negotiate 3k for any offline trip since she knows what she's doing. (Looking for who to cheat). I ended the trip at N800, immediately I got another request at 2.0x surge. I told her, sorry I already have another request and left her there after she paid. What am I trying to say here, the clowns that come here to berate uber drivers should realize that there are also bad riders who try to cheat the system. This woman wouldn't have asked for an offline trip if she wasn't caught up in a massive surge on uber. Cheats are cheats, I see more riders who try to take advantage of ehailing and cheat the system. People should stop being ignorant and one sided in their judgement.

Not cheat per se. Everyone is looking for value with minimal cost.

A driver is trying to break the bank without much damage to his/her car so also the rider is trying to travel without much damage to his/her pocket.

Uber and Bolt both know the ride sharing experience here can’t be compared to US or any developed european country because of the peculiarities we have here. The fares are way better out there. The roads are not as bad as we have here. Etc

Ornicus is 100% right about what he’s saying but that shit don’t fly here bro. Same dude condemning that driver would raise both hands and legs to salute a corrupt politician. Everyone is a selfish hypocrite.

So tell me ornicus bro, what are you on about?

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 12:35pm On Oct 21, 2019
eherbal:
this doesn't change the fact that you fraudulently took pics of a someone else's parked car in a roadside lot in festac town.youve fraudulently avoided that topic from the time I mentioned it to now that it's being mentioned by someone else .your hypocrisy is astronomical on an inside life level. stop being what you're not.there are lots of folks here that can help you if only you're humble.its never too late to be a good boy. eat the humble pie.insulting peeps shows your loyalty to the low life crew.
listening to you at times makes me wonder if your naming ceremony was ever conducted. be guided boy,you're straying too far undecided

LOL, another twist. Where is the thread to that story abeg?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eherbal(m): 12:49pm On Oct 21, 2019
peeps4u:

LOL, another twist. Where is the thread to that story abeg?
the guy is just a liar and a lowlife. The receipt he posted is also questionable,but that is a topic for another day.he who come to equity must come with clean hands.a snitch will not prosper.i pray for my enemies not to come across this kind of fella.

https://www.nairaland.com/2653841/uber-partner-lagos-please-share/1987

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1994) (1995) (1996) (1997) (1998) (1999) (2000) ... (5698) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.