Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,998 members, 7,866,766 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 03:02 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (5709) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4900384 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5706) (5707) (5708) (5709) (5710) (5711) (5712) ... (5723) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dapotemi: 3:41pm On May 23
[quote author=Pearl1910 post=130098258]

*Regards* grin[/quote

Lol werey
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dapotemi: 3:42pm On May 23
Pearl1910:

*Regards* grin
Lol werey
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donbrowser(m): 4:06pm On May 23
tobore4u:
boss donbrowser....I do not benefit from ur giveaway. Pls assist me with my own share, pls...... I'm from calebsky thread.

I'm just a hustler like you. When God bless me, I will bless you.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donbrowser(m): 4:11pm On May 23
BAZ001:

Deleting proof of Donbrowser LASEPA blue uniform doing beggi beggi for jpworld’s car .
After doing bambiallaa begi begi for weeks without getting the car baba begin rain curse grin grin grin

Where's your bolt driver's profile?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tobore4u(m): 4:23pm On May 23
donbrowser:

I'm just a hustler like you. When God bless me, I will bless you.
No qualms.....but pls put me in mind. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Glithronix: 4:54pm On May 23
pope191:

No be my car fa…. My car the give me problem, wey I deh worry wetin fit make the car off once he deh slow, nah em I see learner jam highlander.

Cc: Omoapena
Boss, why no check this stuff out?
Maybe it's the one responsible for the issue in your car.
It's attached to the cylinder top.
Make your mechanic check am for you maybe it's gone bad.
I just dey suggest.

Much respect, boss.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dav1002(m): 5:54pm On May 23
Omoapena:

I totally agree with your point, reason why I always tell whoever gives me car to give me 2weeks ahead to observe the car condition and fix whatever issue I find in it before weekly delivery but some owners just have serious trust issue and ego and they think all drivers are liars.

I thank God for wisdom and focus to scale through that phase...

It was never an easy experience.

Who the hell agrees to the bolded

A whole two weeks

That's massive baby 😂😆
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 6:06pm On May 23
Glithronix:

Boss, why no check this stuff out?
Maybe it's the one responsible for the issue in your car.
It's attached to the cylinder top.
Make your mechanic check am for you maybe it's gone bad.
I just dey suggest.

Much respect, boss.

Thanks boss

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 6:59pm On May 23
BAZ001:

Deleting proof of Donbrowser LASEPA blue uniform doing beggi beggi for jpworld’s car .
After doing bambiallaa begi begi for weeks without getting the car baba begin rain curse grin grin grin
U screenshot am?
Where I go kwanu?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 7:02pm On May 23
pope191:

No be my car fa…. My car the give me problem, wey I deh worry wetin fit make the car off once he deh slow, nah em I see learner jam highlander.

Cc: Omoapena
U don sought am out?
And what was wrong?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 7:04pm On May 23
Omoapena:

I totally agree with your point, reason why I always tell whoever gives me car to give me 2weeks ahead to observe the car condition and fix whatever issue I find in it before weekly delivery, but some owners just have serious trust issue and ego and they think all drivers are liars.

I thank God for wisdom and focus to scale through that phase...

It was never an easy experience.

Swear say now that u have a car u can give it to a driver to test drive for two weeks without collecting money. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Omoapena(m): 7:12pm On May 23
dav1002:

Who the hell agrees to the bolded

A whole two weeks

That's massive baby 😂😆

Lolz

Well, actually it is one week and it's my money I will use to fix whatever I notice in it without bothering the owner, so imagine I notice faults that will cost 50k to fix, will the owner want to drop money to fix it under 2 weeks without collecting payment yet...

But in the case I didn't notice any fault, I still inform owner while the delivery start immediately

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 7:15pm On May 23
Gentlelife50:

U don sought am out?
And what was wrong?

Still on it… car jerk while idle and most times loose power and go off. If I off the a/c on time, the rpm will balance again, but may not fire well. Scan detect map sensor and IAC code. On this matter, I don buy fuel pump, 2 throttle body, 3 map sensors, 2 coils, change belt, set timing. The car will work fine and suddenly it will just loose power, start jerking and it won’t fire well. It will work again and if the thing enter em head, same thing 😂
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Brainbox0806: 7:36pm On May 23
I've been a member of this forum for some years now, I started from reading for fun then fell in love with the hustle.... so I ventured into the business 3 years ago, all strategies that kick-started the business were derived from here. I hate to fail, hence I always do my DD very well before embarking on any business so I abandoned my personal car at home then bought a big daddy to test the waters, I registered on Uber/Bolt platforms and drove for like 6 months in my free time.

Having gathered enough experience I supposed, I bought four cars (very sound Local used) to start the business, things were going normal then i bought additional 4 to complement my quest for financial freedom via e-hailing. Within the space of seven months I already bought 15 cars all from my savings literally because I couldn't account for where the previous gains were going per se but I was hoping for better days but my hopes kept dashing away.

My goal was to use the cars for a year period then resell all of them before they start falling apart, for example buy a car for 3m, make 1.2m profit in a year, use 200k for revamping, then sell back for 3m

To shorten the story, I was really overwhelmed by the severe headache in the business, ranging from bad drivers, unfaithful mechanic, traffic law enforcement, police and so on. I became a frequent visitor to the police stations and lastma, this was taken toll on my mental & general health, I'm this easy going person but the business changed my personality to a trouble maker kind of, you know that agbero lifestyle, wether someone is looking for my trouble or not I was always on the edge to spill fire, always feeling so edgy, wether they (drivers) are communicating with me in a cool or harsh manners,my words are always fire and full of anger. I became so paranoid, so bitter because those devourers just don't wish me well.

NB: I handled this business all alone, visitation to the guarantors, verification, inspections are all done by me alone, I believe that was the reason I was having a constant breakdown. Then my mechanic started selling my own vehicles parts to me, like removing my coils (even if I put marks on them to differentiate mine) and whenever I'm not on ground selling same coils to my driver's, sabotaging the cars to constantly extort me and the drivers.

I feel worried whenever I see calls from the drivers because they never called for any good reasons, either to have me send money to them for repairs that occurred through sabotaging far away from my location intentionally or to visit the lastma/ police that seized the car. most of the repairs they call for are fakes and it's just to extort me so they can use same foe weekly remittance.

Two cars were totalled while in operation, both are due to drunk drivers. I got a call from a drunk driver around past 12am, he could hardly express himself well on the phone, he mumbled : trailer hit me, i left the car on the road, I shouted Jesus my heart skipped so fast. I asked him to get the car off the road at least, he said he can't because he was afraid of vandalizer not to attack him, then he said: my mummy will buy you another car.. mogbe.. I couldn't sleep well all through the night. By 5am I rushed to the accident scene, car has been removed off the road by the police to the station causing multiple accidents because the drunkard didn't put a c caution or at least put on the hazard lights. I was detained at the police station because two of the cars involved are luxurious ones, drunk driver had bolted and a visit to his house and that of his guarantors wasn't fruitful. It was a messy one for me.

My method of operation: you are to pay 50k for caution fee before giving you the car then subsequent 30k weekly for rental fee, 50/50 repair fee between drivers and owner, any damage incurred by the driver will be fixed by him. Unfortunately some of the damages incurred by my drivers saw to the end of some of the cars, like engine damage caused by driving in the flood, damaged gear box because the driver didn't bother to gauge the oil or due to oil leakage etc.

Only four of the drivers were so responsible,you don't need to call them before payment, the rest you will have to call, threatening them continually before they pay, it was so draining.. One morning, I woke up with irregular heart beat and I said to my self, enough is enough. I accepted that I've failed and I decided to move on, I decided to sell the remaining 13 cars of which almost all of them were in a bad condition due to a constant use or badly used even though we service them monthly. Having decided that I was going to stop the business, I started using the remittance received from the business to repair two cars at a time then sell off, I continued that way until I sold 11, remaining two with a damaged engine parked in my compound. By this way, I incurred little or no loss capital wise but imagine what I would have gained if I had invested the money in bonds or treasury bills.

Insurance (compherensive) was very helpful but they were also overwhelmed by the constant accidents reports and one (mutual benefits) decided not to partner with me any further while other increase their fee.

I won't advise anyone against this business but make sure you are ready physically, mentally before embarking on it. Set out your rules. One of the challenges I faced was to get a car ready n fit for another driver after a failed partnership with a bad driver who would have damaged the car very badly and his caution fee can't afford the repair.

If I have to do this again in year 2024(rental), these are the things to consider:

1. Insure the car ( compherensive)
2. 150k/200kk for caution fee
When caution fee is exhausted, retrieve your car
3. 50k for weekly fee
4. Only have small numbers of fleet you can manage, because you will be vulnerable and easily overwhelmed, one car, one headache
5 don't depend or expect much responsibility from the guarantors, most of them are poor.
6. Select your drivers carefully, some of them are drug addicts, gamblers and womaniser. I've had to retrieve a car from a hotel where the driver lodge with an olosho but refused to pay rent for three weeks.
7. Inspect your car weekly or bi weekly
8. Avoid familiarity with your mechanic, be ready to change him at any time and avoid him buying parts for you to prevent sabotaging, buy your own parts your self.
9. Install tracker to enforce shutdown of the car
10 avoid amateurs/novice drivers, some of them only know how to move the car forward, they don't listen to the car functionality or know the warning signs on the dashboard. A driver knocked my engine because he doesn't know the oil spillage logo on the dashboard

I wish you all the very best

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Sirianese: 7:46pm On May 23
BAZ001:

You dey mind that mongrel

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Sirianese: 7:51pm On May 23
pope191:
This life no just balance… I deh where I deh reason my life. My car don scatter my head. Rpm go just drop, car will loose power and go off. Most time if the a/c is not on it will work better, sometimes it will not work. For 2 weeks now I don deh deal with engine vibrating to the point of rev the car a bit at traffic to stop the shaking.

I deh where i deh and hear this banger. Learner wey dem deh teach how to drive to go bang Highlander. I think he was fortunate enough sha, one side back light and deep bumper. But the learner’s car? Ojigbi! jigbi!! I don’t even know if I should be thinking of his own or my own right now. Trouble no just get particular address

Have you checked your four coils and also the plugs

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Cineinfo(m): 7:54pm On May 23
This is your story/experience is so intriguing

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Djdamian(m): 7:58pm On May 23
Brainbox0806:
I've been a member of this forum for some years now, I started from reading for fun then fell in love with the hustle.... so I ventured into the business 3 years ago, all strategies that kick-started the business were derived from here. I hate to fail, hence I always do my DD very well before embarking on any business so I abandoned my personal car at home then bought a big daddy to test the waters, I registered on Uber/Bolt platforms and drove for like 6 months in my free time.

Having gathered enough experience I supposed, I bought four cars (very sound Local used) to start the business, things were going normal then i bought additional 4 to complement my quest for financial freedom via e-hailing. Within the space of seven months I already bought 15 cars all from my savings literally because I couldn't account for where the previous gains were going per se but I was hoping for better days but my hopes kept dashing away.

My goal was to use the cars for a year period then resell all of them before they start falling apart, for example buy a car for 3m, make 1.2m profit in a year, use 200k for revamping, then sell back for 3m

To shorten the story, I was really overwhelmed by the severe headache in the business, ranging from bad drivers, unfaithful mechanic, traffic law enforcement, police and so on. I became a frequent visitor to the police stations and lastma, this was taken toll on my mental & general health, I'm this easy going person but the business changed my personality to a trouble maker kind of, you know that agbero lifestyle, wether someone is looking for my trouble or not I was always on the edge to spill fire, always feeling so edgy, wether they (drivers) are communicating with me in a cool or harsh manners,my words are always fire and full of anger. I became so paranoid, so bitter because those devourers just don't wish me well.

NB: I handled this business all alone, visitation to the guarantors, verification, inspections are all done by me alone, I believe that was the reason I was having a constant breakdown. Then my mechanic started selling my own vehicles parts to me, like removing my coils (even if I put marks on them to differentiate mine) and whenever I'm not on ground selling same coils to my driver's, sabotaging the cars to constantly extort me and the drivers.

I feel worried whenever I see calls from the drivers because they never called for any good reasons, either to have me send money to them for repairs that occurred through sabotaging far away from my location intentionally or to visit the lastma/ police that seized the car. most of the repairs they call for are fakes and it's just to extort me so they can use same foe weekly remittance.

Two cars were totalled while in operation, both are due to drunk drivers. I got a call from a drunk driver around past 12am, he could hardly express himself well on the phone, he mumbled : trailer hit me, i left the car on the road, I shouted Jesus my heart skipped so fast. I asked him to get the car off the road at least, he said he can't because he was afraid of vandalizer not to attack him, then he said: my mummy will buy you another car.. mogbe.. I couldn't sleep well all through the night. By 5am I rushed to the accident scene, car has been removed off the road by the police to the station causing multiple accidents because the drunkard didn't put a c caution or at least put on the hazard lights. I was detained at the police station because two of the cars involved are luxurious ones, drunk driver had bolted and a visit to his house and that of his guarantors wasn't fruitful. It was a messy one for me.

My method of operation: you are to pay 50k for caution fee before giving you the car then subsequent 30k weekly for rental fee, 50/50 repair fee between drivers and owner, any damage incurred by the driver will be fixed by him. Unfortunately some of the damages incurred by my drivers saw to the end of some of the cars, like engine damage caused by driving in the flood, damaged gear box because the driver didn't bother to gauge the oil or due to oil leakage etc.

Only four of the drivers were so responsible,you don't need to call them before payment, the rest you will have to call, threatening them continually before they pay, it was so draining.. One morning, I woke up with irregular heart beat and I said to my self, enough is enough. I accepted that I've failed and I decided to move on, I decided to sell the remaining 13 cars of which almost all of them were in a bad condition due to a constant use or badly used even though we service them monthly. Having decided that I was going to stop the business, I started using the remittance received from the business to repair two cars at a time then sell off, I continued that way until I sold 11, remaining two with a damaged engine parked in my compound. By this way, I incurred little or no loss capital wise but imagine what I would have gained if I had invested the money in bonds or treasury bills.

Insurance (compherensive) was very helpful but they were also overwhelmed by the constant accidents reports and one (mutual benefits) decided not to partner with me any further while other increase their fee.

I won't advise anyone against this business but make sure you are ready physically, mentally before embarking on it. Set out your rules. One of the challenges I faced was to get a car ready n fit for another driver after a failed partnership with a bad driver who would have damaged the car very badly and his caution fee can't afford the repair.

If I have to do this again in year 2024(rental), these are the things to consider:

3. 50k for weekly fee
4. Only have small numbers of fleet you can manage, because you will be vulnerable and easily overwhelmed, one car, one headache
5 don't depend or expect much responsibility from the guarantors, most of them are poor.
6. Select your drivers carefully, some of them are drug addicts, gamblers and womaniser. I've had to retrieve a car from a hotel where the driver lodge with an olosho but refused to pay rent for three weeks.
8. Avoid familiarity with your mechanic, be ready to change him at any time and avoid him buying parts for you to prevent sabotaging, buy your own parts your self.
10 avoid amateurs/novice drivers, some of them only know how to move the car forward, they don't listen to the car functionality or know the warning signs on the dashboard. A driver knocked my engine because he doesn't know the oil spillage logo on the dashboard

It's great to see investors sharing their experiences about the business. Thank you for your detailed write-up and advice; they were incredibly insightful and helpful.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Djdamian(m): 8:03pm On May 23
I also want to thank and appreciate everyone who has contributed meaningfully to this thread, keeping it vibrant with educational and strategic conversations for both veteran and aspiring drivers and investors.

Bless you guys

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Glithronix: 9:00pm On May 23
pope191:

Thanks boss

🙏🙏🙏🙏
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donbrowser(m): 9:01pm On May 23
Sirianese:

You dey mind that mongrel

Ayírí ọmọ IPOB
grin grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 9:06pm On May 23
@ brainbox0806.

Your experience as an investor was quite explosive. Thank you for sharing.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nezzjnr: 9:09pm On May 23
My Mummy will buy new car for you 😂😂😂

Some partners are really heartless
Brainbox0806:
my mummy will buy you another car.. mogbe.. I

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 9:15pm On May 23
If I had a relative with deep pockets.. I wouldn't advise him/her to invest into ehailing.. it's too draining because of 35k / week.
The app companies are the main beneficiaries followed by the drivers then the investors. What kind of Arrangement leaves the investor at the lower end of the food table.

Imagine ,taking a 25% cut of whatever earnings the driver makes just because you linked to a customer, what about the guys that facilitated the MAIN tool
( i dont care about your 14 years driving experience in Lagos, even if the whole road map of Lasgidi is in you, as long as you dont have a vehicle, you cant do nothing in ehailing.) to execute such orders.,they are left with crumbs.. so pathetic.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Kaymaxi2222(m): 9:32pm On May 23
In this business eh.....the most challenging thing in it is still the driver not even the car and not even the app company. Imagine the driver always calling the owner when he knows he is at work that the car has issues..since he knows he can't come around that time to do the repairs himself,he will now over inflate the price and all at the end after doing enough damage he went to drop the car in the owners house and went to buy himself another car to go use for the hustle....money he got from his previous owners car that he has now reck

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mejai(m): 10:39pm On May 23
pope191:

Still on it… car jerk while idle and most times loose power and go off. If I off the a/c on time, the rpm will balance again, but may not fire well. Scan detect map sensor and IAC code. On this matter, I don buy fuel pump, 2 throttle body, 3 map sensors, 2 coils, change belt, set timing. The car will work fine and suddenly it will just loose power, start jerking and it won’t fire well. It will work again and if the thing enter em head, same thing 😂
Check ur air hose connected to the engine. If it has a cut or big hole, it shows similar symptoms.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Omoapena(m): 11:09pm On May 23
Brainbox0806:

3. 50k for weekly fee

Mehn, this is so saddening, I'm sorry you went through all of this, truly, this hustle can turn a reserved person to an aggressive person.

I guess at this point, it would make sense to add at least ND qualification as requirement.

The major factor in the business is driver and they are the worst to deal with, only few are honest and consistent driver, just do your screening properly and the moment you sense any red flag, quickly do away with such driver...

I'm so sorry again you went through all that...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 11:19pm On May 23
pope191:

This is serious, please try change brain box.
Because brain box works with throttle body and is responsible for the amount of fuel and air going into the engine, it helps regulate the engine as well if it is injector.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dapotemi: 6:18am On May 24
Brainbox0806:

3. 50k for weekly fee

You have said it all..There is NO INVESTOR that has not experience most or all of this.....anyone that is telling you otherwise is not saying the truth...This is somebody that PUT ALL HIS BODY. No be 9-5 ooo....
Drivers are the most unfortunate people you can partner with, except very very few! Even on his thread, am not sure there are up to 5 of them that has successfully finished their HP but they are here dishing advice...even a brand new car dey break down regularly for their hand!!!
I notice a pattern, once they deliver for like a month, then the story go just start, from no where...It was so bad that I had to make an arrangement for daily pay! Yes, you pay daily! I just dedicated one of my old acct number for that purpose..Now am trying something new entirely and it looks promising and it's still on ehailing .it's about 5 month or so, waiting to hit 6 month then maybe share a review...We just try to use what we have to get what we want..

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Doris4ever(m): 6:42am On May 24
All businesses face similar problems like the ehailing. Many years ago, I built a cybercafe using two desktop computers starting from a shop. As the business grew, I started to employ workers.
The cybercafe became successful and grew to 20 computers. I decided to expand. I moved into a three bedroom apartment. Set it up with better computers and standby power supply. The cybercafe runs 24hrs. We work day and night.
I started a computer training center and a repair section to take care of any breakdown computer.
Then along the line, I got a job that took my time completely away from the cybercafe.
I was relying on my workers to deliver daily income.
Most time I have to pay ISP subscription from my personal purse. At some point to pay salary became an issue.
I had to close down the cybercafe and sell off all computers, printers, photocopy machine, scanners, generators.
The reason why I shared this experience is that all businesses have challenges they face one way or the other.
It takes a lots of rigorous painstakingly effort to be successful in any business.
Your workers can frustrate you out of any business.
Ehailing is one out of many businesses that employ the services of a driver, mechanic etc.
Do people still succeed in business, YES.
Do people still fail in business, YES.
That's the irony of life.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dav1002(m): 7:50am On May 24
Dear johncrix, we demand to know if you received your share of the give away from the apc apologist aka don...

Please revert as soon as you get this.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Johnchrix(m): 8:50am On May 24
dav1002:
Dear johncrix, we demand to know if you received your share of the give away from the apc apologist aka don...

Please revert as soon as you get this.
No Sir. Thanks for concern

(1) (2) (3) ... (5706) (5707) (5708) (5709) (5710) (5711) (5712) ... (5723) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.