Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,048 members, 7,814,592 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:48 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2289) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4741419 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2286) (2287) (2288) (2289) (2290) (2291) (2292) ... (5689) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 1:41pm On Jan 07, 2020
Mjosh1000:

The sound is coming from the engine area
Okay. Go for a proper diagnosis.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 2:20pm On Jan 07, 2020
So Gmap misled you?

Babadee1900:
I had a funny experience this morning.. wink

So I picked this lady from Providence Str Lekki, destination was Opebi Ikeja.

While approaching 7up from 3mb, I decided to listen to what Gmap was saying.

"Turn Right at the Fork, follow signs to Maryland" I was looking for the Maryland sign before I know what was happening I was already on s⁷Mile 12 road grin.

Rider had her shade on, eyes fixed on her phone, i was hoping I'd see a turning to go back, didn't see any, the moment I saw 'Welcome To Mile 12 International Market' I turned to rider, excuse me, did you say you were going to Opebi, she said yes. That was when she looked up and shouted Jesus, where is this, she saw the Mile 12 sign by the bridge.

I told her I don't know how it happened, I was just following the map.

Made a U-turn under the bridge, everywhere was Red in the map, her only concern was the extra money she will have to pay. I told her not to worry, I will give her discount.

At the end of the trip, fare was 4000, I collected 3500.

I was just thinking all through the trip, what if this was the annoying girl I picked yesterday night that was just dishing out orders to me, wahala for happen, infact I will chop 1X.

The girl would say: Oga drive like a driver nah, I am hungry drive fast abeg. Why you stop for traffic lights at 12am...etc

I was just looking at her from the rear mirror without giving her a response.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 2:36pm On Jan 07, 2020
peeps4u:
So Gmap misled you?

No .d google map didn't mislead, it behaves like DT.
D oda turning to Maryland is the second turning. To the right. and not d first turning. ( coming from 3mb after d petrol station.).

It's leading you through kudirat abiola way.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by InfinityEstates: 2:46pm On Jan 07, 2020
peeps4u:
So Gmap misled you?

That one is not new na... GMap is 70 - 80% correct and wrong the rest of the time, especially when you are not too familiar with the area. Took a guy from Maruwa to Yaba, on getting to IKOYI ramp on Lekki - EepeeEee which my spirit told me to take, Map said go straight. Rider dey press phone. I say OK o, make I follow Map. It took me to CMS, told me to take Odunlami Ramp, and I took it. Rider looked up, ah an, you took this side I was trying to navigate my way out, na so LASMA catch me because of traffic light. The rest they say is history.

Now I use this line when I'm not familiar with the destination: Please I'm not too familiar with this area. Do you have a preferred route or should I go with the map?

Most of the time na, 'Its like you are new in Lagos' or 'Its like you stay on the Mainland/Island (If I'm on the Island/Mainland vice versa). And I give them an emphatic YES. In fact to some, I just dey enter Lagos the previous week and they turn to my unsolicited tour guide of Lagos.

In all, we must still find our way HOME.

23 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mistadayo(m): 2:58pm On Jan 07, 2020
Guys how far with the ikoyi link bridge toll gate. Just got back to Lagos after taking 2 weeks break. Do they still collect cash.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by gunzANDroses: 3:01pm On Jan 07, 2020
Mjosh1000:
Pls I need a very Good ac technician, my corolla makes a shri shri noise when I put on the AC and accelerate slowly

Give him a call, he's good. 08026941215, 08032089850. His name is mosbus.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ajoks533: 3:01pm On Jan 07, 2020
Happy new year elders in the house.

The sweetness of the hustle just carry my head Waka. Abuja is cool and the riders are quite friendly, especially the young Hausa nyarinyas.

Had one particular experience.

Got a request on Ocar, rushed to pick the rider. Called while I was on my way, choiiii.... Sweet calm angelic voice.

As I got to the location and called her that I was outside. She came out with another sweet babe. Entered the ride and I started the car. Ewo!!! AC no gree ON... I tried all I could think of, turned off the car and back again... No luck. Na wa oo, local man don fall hands be that?

I just gat to summon morale tell them say AC no gree ON and I was expecting blabbing and lambasting. However, the response I got made me to look back.

Local man: Please am sorry the AC just failed. I don't know what went wrong.

Omo Sexy Hausa: Is it just the AC?

Local Man: Yes it is just the AC.

Omo Sexy Hausa: It is OK... Let's get on with the trip.

Me for my mind... If this na Lagos, wetin for happen. If na other tribes or all these slay babes... How I got do.

One more thing, most of the folks around here no dey form Car owner CEOs... They prefer sitting in front with you, except for a few of them who are just trying to form bigshots on top OCar N500 trip.

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 3:02pm On Jan 07, 2020
mistadayo:
Guys how far with the ikoyi link bridge toll gate. Just got back to Lagos after taking 2 weeks break. Do they still collect cash.

NO... etag, voucher accepted. If you don't have any of this, jejely follow Lekki-EEEPEE-EE Expressway.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ajoks533: 3:06pm On Jan 07, 2020
InfinityEstates:

That one is not new na... GMap is 70 - 80% correct and wrong the rest of the time, especially when you are not too familiar with the area. Took a guy from Maruwa to Yaba, on getting to IKOYI ramp on Lekki - EepeeEee which my spirit told me to take, Map said go straight. Rider dey press phone. I say OK o, make I follow Map. It took me to CMS, told me to take Odunlami Ramp, and I took it. Rider looked up, ah an, you took this side I was trying to navigate my way out, na so LASMA catch me because of traffic light. The rest they say is history.

Now I use this line when I'm not familiar with the destination: Please I'm not too familiar with this area. Do you have a preferred route or should I go with the map?

Most of the time na, 'Its like you are new in Lagos' or 'Its like you stay on the Mainland/Island (If I'm on the Island/Mainland vice versa). And I give them an emphatic YES. In fact to some, I just dey enter Lagos the previous week and they turn to my unsolicited tour guide of Lagos.

In all, we must still find our way HOME.

That one na my song ooo

Please, do you have a preferred route? I am not too familiar with Abuja roads as I am just few weeks old in town.

These guys are just so kind and most of the times we would gist about where I was coming from.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by laluski(m): 3:12pm On Jan 07, 2020
Good day house.please I need your advice.am thinking of joining Uber/Taxify and I want to use a 2007/2008 Toyota Camry.please is it ok.
Tnx
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by buster(m): 3:27pm On Jan 07, 2020
I'm trying to startup to be a uber driver. I took the online test, uploaded all relevant document and also passed the vehicle inspection test which i uploaded. Please can someone advise the next thing to do as my account is nt active yet

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 3:56pm On Jan 07, 2020
peeps4u:
So Gmap misled you?

Yes
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SaintHilary(m): 4:11pm On Jan 07, 2020
buster:
I'm trying to startup to be a uber driver. I took the online test, uploaded all relevant document and also passed the vehicle inspection test which i uploaded. Please can someone advise the next thing to do as my account is nt active yet

W.A.I.T

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ebiye55(m): 4:19pm On Jan 07, 2020
buster:

Why not visit their office at Maryland mall, they will give you more info if anything is required from you.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ebiye55(m): 4:20pm On Jan 07, 2020
On what day does Uber normally pay drivers? Mon or tue?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by waks1(m): 4:44pm On Jan 07, 2020
Mjosh1000:

Change complete hub, changing bearings won't last
I have change mine and its going to 4 months now. My kazeem go nak the tokunbo bearing. I think ladipo or owode.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by EasyPeazy: 4:56pm On Jan 07, 2020
EasyPeazy:
Please brothers I have a quick question and a friend suggested I bring it here.

Please my Toyota Camry started shaking suddenly yesterday and the check engine light came on.

When I opened the bonnet, I found out that the engine is shaking horribly.

What could be the cause please?

cc Izzou Radautoworks and other Camry drivers.

Update on this.

All thanks to google, I was able to find out that one of my coils was damaged.

Guys, oyibo people are too much oo. I saw a video where a white mechanic was saying I should be removing all the coils one by one. If the engine should not change in sound as I removed any... Then that one is bad!

I did and voila... one of them did not make the engine change sound as I unplugged it. Straight to Jakande I went and bought a tokumboh coil for 4,000 naira only. I followed the instruction on the video and changed it well. I swear to God that my car is now in top shape again grin grin grin

This was something my Mechanic billed me 10k to do undecided undecided undecided

There is no big deal I swear. Just use a bolt screw and unlock the engine cover. Its pretty easy.

When I was done, I noticed that the check engine light was still showing. I went back to that mechanic and he said that I should pay 4,000 to scan and wipe it undecided undecided undecided

I googled again and the white man in a video said I should disconnect one of the battery terminal and plug it back in after 5 minutes. I folllowed it again and voila.... Check engine light is gone grin grin grin

God bless White people grin grin grin

Google For President grin grin grin grin

35 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by omorkelly(m): 4:58pm On Jan 07, 2020
Go to their nearest office to attend their training and take along your DL.

buster:
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 5:25pm On Jan 07, 2020
Jiayu:
If it is bearing issue, just make sure you buy new bearing. The original one is KOYO by Name. Make sure it is KOYO. Price will be determined by your area. Here I bought mine 14k for both left and right. 2k to insert them. 2k for mech.

OK, thanks boss
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Eizenburg: 5:31pm On Jan 07, 2020
Babadee1900:
I had a funny experience this morning.. wink

So I picked this lady from Providence Str Lekki, destination was Opebi Ikeja.

While approaching 7up from 3mb, I decided to listen to what Gmap was saying.

"Turn Right at the Fork, follow signs to Maryland" I was looking for the Maryland sign before I know what was happening I was already on s⁷Mile 12 road grin.

Rider had her shade on, eyes fixed on her phone, i was hoping I'd see a turning to go back, didn't see any, the moment I saw 'Welcome To Mile 12 International Market' I turned to rider, excuse me, did you say you were going to Opebi, she said yes. That was when she looked up and shouted Jesus, where is this, she saw the Mile 12 sign by the bridge.

I told her I don't know how it happened, I was just following the map.

Made a U-turn under the bridge, everywhere was Red in the map, her only concern was the extra money she will have to pay. I told her not to worry, I will give her discount.

At the end of the trip, fare was 4000, I collected 3500.

I was just thinking all through the trip, what if this was the annoying girl I picked yesterday night that was just dishing out orders to me, wahala for happen, infact I will chop 1X.

The girl would say: Oga drive like a driver nah, I am hungry drive fast abeg. Why you stop for traffic lights at 12am...etc

I was just looking at her from the rear mirror without giving her a response.

You took the “right @ the fork” a lil too early. There’s a second “right”.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 5:42pm On Jan 07, 2020
Eizenburg:

You took the “right @ the fork” a lil too early. There’s a second “right”.
Oh I must have missed it.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by drmikeadams(m): 5:42pm On Jan 07, 2020
ebiye55:
On what day does Uber normally pay drivers? Mon or tue?
grin angrysome days monday,some days Tuesday ,during holidays any time u see am u take am

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ebiye55(m): 5:49pm On Jan 07, 2020
drmikeadams:
grin angrysome days monday,some days Tuesday ,during holidays any time u see am u take am

U too try bros cool
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 5:49pm On Jan 07, 2020
calabardick:

Wetin I do this guy?
Hahaha...

Your only offense is, you allowed Stella charm you gringrin
But you know, that’s to tell how small the world is and how deadly women are. They exercise too much authority when they have it.

No b so I carry one lady and her bf on a short trip within Lekki the both of them sat in the back seat. Getting to destination babe was just ordering me around asking that I park facing the entrance gate to her house in which I’d already parked very close to the little entrance gate. If I’d to park the way she wanted me to I would do several turning and reversing.

“Oga didn’t you hear me? I said park facing the gate as if you where going in.”
Her bf then interrupted, “it’s ok this way.” Guy man don already open door ready to come down.
Guyman then apologize for the rude behavior of the gf
Me, in a cool voice: “it’s fine bro I’m used to it”.
The girl immediately like another spirit entered her, she started begging me, I told her it’s ok.

About 5min after I left she still called me apologizing saying the way I responded to the bf with my words she felt sad in her heart. “It’s ok”. Ended call.

So sometimes like someone said the monthly cramps can make a woman’s mood to swing.

Women are like a series movie, they exhibit different characters in every session and chapter

12 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 5:51pm On Jan 07, 2020
peeps4u:

Still searching and weighing options.

Thanks bro.

How do I reach you?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by EaRtHgUy(m): 5:54pm On Jan 07, 2020
Hi guys, being a while. I just acquired this car a few days ago and I want to use it for Uber, Bolt and the rest. Do you think it can do the job?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by AngryIgboMan: 6:02pm On Jan 07, 2020

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 6:06pm On Jan 07, 2020

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 6:09pm On Jan 07, 2020
EasyPeazy:

Update on this.

All thanks to google, I was able to find out that one of my coils was damaged.

Guys, oyibo people are too much oo. I saw a video where a white mechanic was saying I should be removing all the coils one by one. If the engine should not change in sound as I removed any... Then that one is bad!

I did and voila... one of them did not make the engine change sound as I unplugged it. Straight to Jakande I went and bought a tokumboh coil for 4,000 naira only. I followed the instruction on the video and changed it well. I swear to God that my car is now in top shape again grin grin grin

This was something my Mechanic billed me 10k to do undecided undecided undecided

There is no big deal I swear. Just use a bolt screw and unlock the engine cover. Its pretty easy.

When I was done, I noticed that the check engine light was still showing. I went back to that mechanic and he said that I should pay 4,000 to scan and wipe it undecided undecided undecided

I googled again and the white man in a video said I should disconnect one of the battery terminal and plug it back in after 5 minutes. I folllowed it again and voila.... Check engine light is gone grin grin grin

God bless White people grin grin grin

Google For President grin grin grin grin

Congrats bro

I didn't know you mentioned me. Didn't see this mention.

Happy new year grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 6:10pm On Jan 07, 2020
EaRtHgUy:
Hi guys, being a while. I just acquired this car a few days ago and I want to use it for Uber, Bolt and the rest. Do you think it can do the job?
You’re good to go bro provided it’s a v4 engine

Congratulations
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 6:11pm On Jan 07, 2020
EaRtHgUy:

Yes, I think it can do the job

I hope it's an i4, and not V6
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by gunzANDroses: 6:13pm On Jan 07, 2020
AngryIgboMan:
Google maps did not mislead anybody please.

Drivers always make this mistake.

Listen up!

When your google map says follow signs for maryland, it didnt say you should turn right immediately. Nope.

It means for you to leave the express and enter the service lane. Then continue straight. Infact you will see the sign for Ikorodu on the right and the sign for Maryland in the left.

What you need to do is to take a little diversion to the right, continue straight on the service lane, turn under the bridge to face Ojota, then continue straight to Maryland. As you are going to Maryland, watch out signs for the airport.

DO NOT CONTINUE ON THE EXPRESS BECAUSE IT WILL LEAD YOU STRAIGHT DOWN TO YABA THROUGH THE MARYLAND TUNNEL. STAY ON YOUR RIGHT IMMEDIATELY YOU HIT OJOTA FACING MARYLAND. TAKE THE FIRST EXIT TO YOUR RIGHT ONTO THE SERVICE LANE AND KEEP STRAIGHT FACING OANDO.

Take the next right turn onto Mobolaji Bank Anthony Way. If you continue straight, you will be heading straight up to Palmgrove and Yaba through the service lane. So take a right to Mobolaji Anthony way immediately you climb the service lane. Keep to your right still on Mobolaji Bank anthony way. Take your first major right onto Opebi road. From there, you will connect to Opebi and Opebi link bridge depending on which side of Opebi you are heading to.

As a newbie driver, take this advice serious. Otherwise, you will end up with your RIDER AT IKORODU.

IT HAPPENED TO ME 3 YEARS AGO AND I SAW HELL AT KETU.

There you have it! AngyIgboMan is actually Google voice shocked

(1) (2) (3) ... (2286) (2287) (2288) (2289) (2290) (2291) (2292) ... (5689) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Fibel(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.