Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,219 members, 7,811,610 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:36 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2382) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4732399 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2379) (2380) (2381) (2382) (2383) (2384) (2385) ... (5688) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ogbunigwe2018: 12:04pm On Feb 11, 2020
sexylassie:

american citizen selling mobile oil to Nigerian Uber drivers on nairaland, this man is in one of those mechanic shops in lagos doing his business and using nairaland as a means to advertise his goods

pls, he is so misinformed about how systems works in the US, i have never seen a Nigerian-american as misinformed as that guy.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 12:08pm On Feb 11, 2020
sexylassie:

i doubt if you have ever step foot at the airport before talkless of living in america, i didnt say you should write down states, i want to where you live in the US and most of the states you mentioned need permits for uber drivers

pls stop misinforming the public.

and who talked about hackney permit in the states??) learn to comprehend.

My Point to you babe calm down for a second... in New York which u were correct . You need a TLC license to be an uber driver , but in other states or cities those requirements are not there. When you look at the states that I mentioned .. To be an uber driver is easy as 1,2,3 their requirements are basic ,driver license, proof of insurance, type of car 4doors , etc you don't need to go and get additional license.. That is what am trying to explain to you ..maybe I didnt get my point across .
The debate that we had early on is that. You said uber drivers are like taxi and as such they should operate like by getting hackey permits. Like u prove to me u said new York State requires uber drivers to get permit like TLC lincense .. The TLC permit is for cab drivers or limo drivers etc . And I said that in other states you don't need to go through all that .. You have to understand that in each cities and states in USA have different regulation. But most states are much very easy to drive ,meaning no need to go and get any additional license to operate as a uber driver. As long as you have the basic requirements like driver license, Auto insurance, sedan , etc
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nuel101(m): 12:52pm On Feb 11, 2020
If dem son catch you raise up your hand till then Mr America and Nrs Vio keep kwayet angry

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 0taPiaPia(m): 2:03pm On Feb 11, 2020
Please house how economical can honda accord 03 be for e-hailing. V6.. note, no deliveries (car will be mine) but with good weekly net in mind after fuelling. Replies pls

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 3:19pm On Feb 11, 2020
0taPiaPia:
Please house how economical can honda accord 03 be for e-hailing. V6.. note, no deliveries (car will be mine) but with good weekly net in mind after fuelling. Replies pls
At what price is the seller giving u this car?
I can reserve my advice till you respond to my question.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ogbuefi677(m): 3:32pm On Feb 11, 2020
0taPiaPia:
In Abuja with their fairly good and free roads,you can break even.
But a 3.0 V6 in Lagos.Well,I don't know
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 3:43pm On Feb 11, 2020
0taPiaPia:

I just hope you will not suffer heart attack after your first month on the platform.
Go back through the pages and read ordeals of Xana101 & Freshprince91.
Their stories should give you a clear picture of what to expect.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Godfather10: 3:52pm On Feb 11, 2020
sexylassie:

lets look at it in another way, you as a uber driver have the right to protect your trade, also do yellow cab drivers, they also have families to feed and loans to pay back.

What exactly do you do, are you a Uber driver it will be nice if you keep your opinion to your self, the forum is for Ehailing drivers, it’s interest are for these drivers not yellow cabs,

11 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tyche(m): 3:58pm On Feb 11, 2020
0taPiaPia:

Atleast, sexylassie people; VIO, LATSMA and MC will not be hounding you

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 0taPiaPia(m): 4:06pm On Feb 11, 2020
Felicity0001:

At what price is the seller giving u this car?
I can reserve my advice till you respond to my question.

The car belongs to a friend and he wants to sell @ 800. Note,. Has been used here in Nigeria.

But some1 quoted me above and said the engine is 3.0.. not so I will go ahead cause that's a lot of engine capacity and it's fuel that will pay for it. Thanks though to all the replies above.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Parlee(m): 4:48pm On Feb 11, 2020
Is it that nobody knows, or drivers are just ignoring the fraudulent balance calculations BOLT is always on about I'd really like to get other people's opinion on this issue. On Uber it's so clear to see, they take away their commission immediately and you can see what's left but on bolt it takes so much time coupled with the foolish bonuses they used that to constantly confuse you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 6:56pm On Feb 11, 2020
0taPiaPia:

The car belongs to a friend and he wants to sell @ 800. Note,. Has been used here in Nigeria.

But some1 quoted me above and said the engine is 3.0.. not so I will go ahead cause that's a lot of engine capacity and it's fuel that will pay for it. Thanks though to all the replies above.
You seems to have made you your mind.

Nobody can change a man's mind once it's made up.

So I can only wish you good luck and leave you tolearn from personal experience since you've all the time in thw world to learn on your own and not from people's.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 7:03pm On Feb 11, 2020
Hello guys who else have experience this?

I ended a trip with a rider and after some minutes rider tries to make another request with my app on but request goes to another driver despite being close to rider. Uber*

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 7:08pm On Feb 11, 2020
Felicity0001:

I ended a trip with a rider and after some minutes rider tries to make another request with my app on but request goes to another driver despite being close to rider. Uber*

Very possible except if u are the only driver around there thats when the app can pick u again

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Epphy(m): 7:13pm On Feb 11, 2020
Felicity0001:

Happens often.

Uber is not wired for a rider to get the closest driver but one or the closest 5 or so.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 7:32pm On Feb 11, 2020
[quote author=Epphy post=86567988]

Happens often.

Uber is not wired for a rider to get the closest driver but one or the closest 5 or so.[/quote
Hmm... Though during my training it was explianed the driver with the highest per cent score gets first in a hub of drivers. But I think when it closeness to rider should be used instead. I understand uber tries everything within its power to curb fraud but not every act is fraudulent.

I would have negotiated off trip but personally I really dont like doing off trip with somebody I do not know.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by AmoloPatrick(m): 7:39pm On Feb 11, 2020
Good day everyone, I'm currently in need of a car in good working condition for uber/taxify for rental or hire purchase. I don't have security deposits pls interested partners can reach out

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 0taPiaPia(m): 7:53pm On Feb 11, 2020
Felicity0001:

You seems to have made you your mind.

Nobody can change a man's mind once it's made up.

So I can only wish you good luck and leave you tolearn from personal experience since you've all the time in thw world to learn on your own and not from people's.

Bro if you have any advice please give... It will be appreciated. Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Savoirfaire: 9:08pm On Feb 11, 2020
Repent, the Kingdom of God is at hand

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 9:11pm On Feb 11, 2020
Tyche:
Hmmmmmmm

This is a prank gone too far

That guys pranks are always too dry, one day, he'll see what he didn't bargain for.
Anyway all na hustle.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 9:38pm On Feb 11, 2020
0taPiaPia:

Bro if you have any advice please give... It will be appreciated. Thanks

Just go back to like 100 pages back and read.
I used mine and ended up selling it off after just 5months. This car is not suited for Uber and to compound your I pending doom, yours is 3.0 engine, I used 2.4 and it was guzzling fuel.

Be ready to change all your suspension every two weeks. In conclusion, you'll be working for the fuel station and mechanics.

Possible issues.

Engine seat
Suspensions
MPG
Steering rack
Power locks.

This car is not engineered for the stress that comes with Uber.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 9:46pm On Feb 11, 2020
Savoirfaire:
Realistically speaking and considering the Lagos traffick situation, how many trips can a regular hardworking driver complete per day on average?
8-10

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tyche(m): 10:03pm On Feb 11, 2020
Chuwaa:

That guys pranks are always too dry, one day, he'll see what he didn't bargain for.
Anyway all na hustle.

He's taking it too far. You can't really predict people's reaction in a life threatening situation. One day, he will get what's coming

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrjaydee(m): 10:11pm On Feb 11, 2020
0taPiaPia:

V6.. perish that idea!

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 10:17pm On Feb 11, 2020
tojahh:
The events beclouding the last 10pages here makes me wonder if truly... More than half of the ehailing drivers are actually graduates.

Spits!

Including you...... The issue that you fail to understand is that. Does it make sense to you the way Lagos state government is going about the issue with uber? Dont you think is better for them to deal with Uber directly ,than using VIO to clamp down on drivers .. Dont you think that by directing the issue with uber directly will get them the necessary extortion money they are seeking...

And how much of that money or fines that VIO's and others are collecting from uber drivers actually goes into the government account ? Did you even think about that at all ... bottom line let the government go after Uber and fine them or close down their offices ... so you think in your educated graduate mind this how a sane government works ......smh

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 0taPiaPia(m): 10:19pm On Feb 11, 2020
Chuwaa:

I used mine and ended up selling it off after just 5months. This car is not suited for Uber and to compound your I pending doom, yours is 3.0 engine, I used 2.4 and it was guzzling fuel.

Be ready to change all your suspension every two weeks. In conclusion, you'll be working for the fuel station and mechanics.

Possible issues.

Engine seat
Suspensions
MPG
Steering rack
Power locks.

God bless you plenty.. thanks for the timely advice. I appreciate.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 10:26pm On Feb 11, 2020
Chuwaa:

Possible issues.

Engine seat
Suspensions
MPG
Steering rack
Power locks.

Power lock, steering rack issues has nothing to do with driving the car on Uber. As for the fuel issue a 2.4 engine isn’t that bad, people use Camry for e-hailing and it’s the same engine capacity. Bad as e bad with 1k fuel minimum I make is 4K (Gross)

I also disagree with you on the suspension part. Honda is known to have one of the best suspension system (if you don’t use China parts)

Well his is a V6, so it won’t be friendly with fuel in this Lagos traffic.

To make the best out of this ehailing business you need a car with 1.4 to 2.0 engine capacity IMO.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 10:31pm On Feb 11, 2020
ogbuefi677:

In Abuja with their fairly good and free roads,you can break even.
But a 3.0 V6 in Lagos.Well,I don't know

he can't break-even a v6 on uber/bolt anywhere in nigeria
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kams19(m): 10:33pm On Feb 11, 2020
pls has anyone used infinix hot 8 and Infinix Note 4 for taxify, is it ok. in terms GPS and others,
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 10:43pm On Feb 11, 2020
dru23:

Including you...... The issue that you fail to understand is that. Does it make sense to you the way Lagos state government is going about the issue with uber? Dont you think is better for them to deal with Uber directly ,than using VIO to clamp down on drivers .. Dont you think that by directing the issue with uber directly will get them the necessary extortion money they are seeking...

And how much of that money or fines that VIO's and others are collecting from uber drivers actually goes into the government account ? Did you even think about that at all ... bottom line let the government go after Uber and fine them or close down their offices ... so you think in your educated graduate mind this how a sane government works ......smh

Please who is this?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ogbuefi677(m): 10:52pm On Feb 11, 2020
GidiWoodsMan:

he can't break-even a v6 on uber/bolt anywhere in nigeria
As he's not paying rental, he might in Abuja.
The roads are fairly smooth and free.
Not much holdups except during rush hours in few places.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2379) (2380) (2381) (2382) (2383) (2384) (2385) ... (5688) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.