Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,847 members, 7,813,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:59 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2453) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4739959 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2450) (2451) (2452) (2453) (2454) (2455) (2456) ... (5689) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 8:07pm On Mar 06, 2020
Monkeyprick:

Easy Tiger!
Have you read about anxiety, stress, blood pressure level, hearing loss, lower ability to focus and discoloration of the eyes?
You're just starting life and before you overwork yourself, please read extensively on Long commutes, behind the wheels, 10-12hrs ,7days a week .
Most of the Niggas here are married with kids, so don't let anyone sweet tongue you.
Please!
My blood pressure for years has always been in d range of 128 and 130 never exceeded 130 I drove on uber/bolt for 6months and my bp shoot to 164 and I can't understand.
Na God just save

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Eizenburg: 8:11pm On Mar 06, 2020
Tgiirl:

How much was that in total? Gross n net

If I may guess according to dru ie 35k per day times 5 days = 175k...

Nice .. abi

35k per day is ridiculous IMO, but what do I know, I drive as the spirit leads. I’m a lazy Nigerian Youth

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 8:18pm On Mar 06, 2020
kodred:

While what you doing is really commendable, it’d be super swell if you can learn a professional skill, even if it takes 2 or more years to learn. Learn a skill and you will never go hungry.

There’s no telling about the future of ehailing in Nigeria so don’t put your mind in it. Don’t be carried away by the money you’re making now bro. Please try to learn a valuable skill. Be fruitful.

I'm telling you bro
You just spoke my mind
Was talking to a 23yrs old guy who earns 20k per day and only went to technical school after secondary school. Fine not everyone in Nigeria can be lucky or favored with jobs but d way younger guys want to focus and settle for ehailing dey worry me.
That my friend 2020 don run to kekenap biz but na wey dem don ban keke na to go back bricklaying.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 8:26pm On Mar 06, 2020
Eizenburg:

Note
Never drove up to 12 hours on any given day

Well done ..biko send me your account make I credit you 3k naira, make you use am buy airtime for ur phone
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 8:43pm On Mar 06, 2020
Gentlelife50.
We're suppose to go for a Thanksgiving mass of one of our brothers that would buy corolla this year.

We celebrated his NAPEP last year.
Please give us an update on when and where it will be.
Cos you're closer to him than many here.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 8:47pm On Mar 06, 2020
BAZ001:

I'm telling you bro
You just spoke my mind
Was talking to a 23yrs old guy who earns 20k per day and only went to technical school after secondary school. Fine not everyone in Nigeria can be lucky or favored with jobs but d way younger guys want to focus and settle for ehailing dey worry me.
That my friend 2020 don run to kekenap biz but na wey dem don ban keke na to go back bricklaying.
Country wey nobody dey interested again in learning skills or handwork, once you are weaned next thing na to go carry okada or maruwa.
I keep wondering how tomorrow will be like, yet some people be comparing London, USA and Canada with Naija.
To start with those guys over there dey try create small small jobs, some persons their job is to clean glasses or take care of the elderly ones or other menial jobs.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Eizenburg: 8:47pm On Mar 06, 2020
dru23:

Well done ..biko send me your account make I credit you 3k naira, make you use am buy airtime for ur phone

For real?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 8:59pm On Mar 06, 2020
Eizenburg:

For real?

Yes for real bro .....
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 9:01pm On Mar 06, 2020
BAZ001:

I'm telling you bro
You just spoke my mind

The billionaires of yesterday came from humble beginnings.. Before you know it these younger ones u looking might become transport magnet in the future ,or better yet ehailing might lead them into something bigger or better ways to improve the business..

After all the guy that started uber ,started with an idea while he was waiting for taxi to pick him up..certain situations can lead to other things, but you have to start somewhere.

Another example, how did you think I got started with importing engine oil. It all started with e-hailing and I notice that my cars were always breaking down , and I found out that wrong engine oil and low quality was the cause of it ..
So I decided to import my engine oil for my own personal use and than I realize that I can sell it to other partners and car owners.. And now I can't even meet up with demands.. But it all started from somewhere... The little man you see now , can become a giant 2morrow ..

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Eizenburg: 9:07pm On Mar 06, 2020
dru23:

Yes for real bro .....

Sent you a DM

In other news, how soon are you looks at swapping the G25?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sunnp(m): 9:08pm On Mar 06, 2020
Hope it's back to normal now ?

BAZ001:

My blood pressure for years has always been in d range of 128 and 130 never exceeded 130 I drove on uber/bolt for 6months and my bp shoot to 164 and I can't understand.
Na God just save

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 9:25pm On Mar 06, 2020
All these too....... Shall soon pass

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 9:25pm On Mar 06, 2020
Eizenburg:

Sent you a DM

In other news, how soon are you looks at swapping the G25?

Have send my email and whatapps number.. The G25 I just got it ,if am going to swap it ,it will be doing the summer time . But on the condition that I see a clean g35 or 37 to replace it with
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 9:29pm On Mar 06, 2020
calabardick:

Excuse me sir.
I think you should read my post with understanding before responding, which your response isn't necessary.
- where did I mention that the guy is complaining?
I did what I did out of pity, not because he complained, not because he begged me for anything.
If I didn't have a conversation with him I wouldn't have known anything about him, just that its my style to know any driver that comes my way. I'm off the ehauling wheel, but whenever I see a Corolla involved in any issue I must stop by to know how I can help, have you done that before?

I hate it when we are talking about Nigeria someone will bring in another country as a yardstick.
- if Nigerian was very okay then why were you in London? (If at all you were there)
- can you compare Nigerian economy to London?
- can you compare Nigerian's fare to London?
- how many 20yrs old in Nigeria can affor a car of their own?
- do you know how much uber charged from international airport to my house, with the one hour he slept in my place? And he never complained, rather he was excited.

Throughout my service years in the military and as an instrumentation and controls engineer in the oil and gas industry I've been to more than ten countries (outside Africa) but I've not used it to judge anyone.

- in Brazil, do you know that the number one Schneider Knx programmer as at 2016 when I met him he was 18?
- do you know that one of the highest paid instrumentation engineer in Angola now working with one of the E & Ps is 20 this year?
- one of the OEM (in Australia) that certified me in Process Controls their best technician is below 20.
- not to mention the ones I met in military out there
Should I mention more?

This is Nigeria, let's see how we can help each other, that's the way forward, instead of using it against them.
The said guy will be going to PH on Sunday with my logistics officer, I was able to connect him with some friends, 3 companies awaits him there.

Thats the way forward.
God bless you my brother... They'll just running their mount anyhow telling us how they've spent all their life abroad making comparison anyhow. Anyways, i don't blame them, a total lack of wisdom and understanding.

Who you help is what matters not how wealthy, popular or good.

Who you help?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 9:37pm On Mar 06, 2020
BAZ001:

Na God just save

According to an article I read on nairaland. Mike Adenuga, wakes up early and does not leave his office till 1 a.m. the next day.. And the man is close to 60 years old at least. I wonder how is blood pressure is .....
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Eizenburg: 9:42pm On Mar 06, 2020
calabardick:

Excuse me sir.
I think you should read my post with understanding before responding, which your response isn't necessary.
I did what I did out of pity, not because he complained, not because he begged me for anything.
If I didn't have a conversation with him I wouldn't have known anything about him, just that its my style to know any driver that comes my way. I'm off the ehauling wheel, but whenever I see a Corolla involved in any issue I must stop by to know how I can help, have you done that before?

I hate it when we are talking about Nigeria someone will bring in another country as a yardstick.
- if Nigerian was very okay then why were you in London? (If at all you were there)
- do you know how much uber charged from international airport to my house, with the one hour he slept in my place? And he never complained, rather he was excited.

Throughout my service years in the military and as an instrumentation and controls engineer in the oil and gas industry I've been to more than ten countries (outside Africa) but I've not used it to judge anyone.

- in Brazil, do you know that the number one Schneider Knx programmer as at 2016 when I met him he was 18?
- do you know that one of the highest paid instrumentation engineer in Angola now working with one of the E & Ps is 20 this year?
- one of the OEM (in Australia) that certified me in Process Controls their best technician is below 20.
Should I mention more?

This is Nigeria, let's see how we can help each other, that's the way forward, instead of using it against them.
The said guy will be going to PH on Sunday with my logistics officer, I was able to connect him with some friends, 3 companies awaits him there.

Thats the way forward.

Bless up. I always admire your kind heart. Keep it up

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sunnp(m): 9:44pm On Mar 06, 2020
Ah that one is another angle bro, when you are already in money mean no much bad thinking like driving for hours on road, let all drivers go for thier blood pressure and post it here you go run, Nigeria hustling is extraordinary

quote author=dru23 post=87226244]

According to an article I read on nairaland. Mike Adenuga, wakes up early and does not leave his office till 1 a.m. the next day.. And the man is close to 60 years old at least. I wonder how is blood pressure is .....
[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 9:50pm On Mar 06, 2020
Monkeyprick:

Easy Tiger!
Have you read about anxiety, stress, blood pressure level, hearing loss, lower ability to focus and discoloration of the eyes?
You're just starting life and before you overwork yourself, please read extensively on Long commutes, behind the wheels, 10-12hrs ,7days a week .
Most of the Niggas here are married with kids, so don't let anyone sweet tongue you.
Please!

Dexoloration of the eyes! Hmmm... I hope ita not What I'm experiencing presently. These day I have to atrain my eyes before I can read things on my phone.

May God help me

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 10:03pm On Mar 06, 2020
calabardick:

Excuse me sir.

Should I mention more?

Thats the way forward.

Wherever you find yourself be it London. Nigerian, or whatever the economic status ,make the best out of it ....nobody will give you hands out , the young man you just helped that is going to PH now , it is up to him to make the best out of it.. Him going to Ph for a job is half the battle,
but I hope he does well and the same favor and kindness you showed him ,he will show it to others that are need of help down the line....

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 10:07pm On Mar 06, 2020
Monkeyprick:
Andrew!
You and your different monikers grin
Continue making a case for yourself and defend it with those monikers
. The same way Jessusson2020 did last year.
Well done

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 10:12pm On Mar 06, 2020
sunnp:
Ah that one is another angle bro, when you are already in money mean no much bad thinking like driving for hours on road, let all drivers go for thier blood pressure and post it here you go run, Nigeria hustling is extraordinary

You think those guys didn't have high blood pressure before they made it .. You think Mike Adenuga didnt get high blood pressure when is telecom lincense was denied and he lost millions of dollars ..

You think he didn't have high blood pressure when he was setting up Globalcom. Do you think all of his success was smooth sailing? When he was driving cabs in Yankee and importing spare parts before he made it big ,you think he didn't have high blood pressure during those period ...

When you can't pay school fees, house rent, hospital bills taking care of more children you can handle, you think your Blood pressure will not rise?

quote author=dru23 post=87226244]

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Heftyceo: 10:19pm On Mar 06, 2020
I need a car to purchase for uber
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by xrayj(m): 11:06pm On Mar 06, 2020
sexylassie:

Btw,To be sincere, that is why we have lot of men child in this country, imagine a grown up married man still reporting to his mother about affairs in his home.

@bold Can't you comment without making snide remarks at men? Men this, men that! You seriously got some issues you need to sort out!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 11:18pm On Mar 06, 2020
Today's traffic was hell everywhere, from mainland, even in Ikeja GRA, to island, but we triumph still

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tunlapapa: 11:27pm On Mar 06, 2020
Felicity0001:

When was this? This year, last year or 4 yrs ago?

The highest numbers od trips ive done on uber was 47 which was last week. My account was credited with about 31k+ on Monday which I used part to pay for my rental. The cash I got on me was about 10k, after filling up my tank on Monday b4 travelling outta state I was left with about 9k or there about.

Any driver with more than 50trips this period with the current traffic we have now in lagos should pls show us a snapshot.

Oga, in the name of Jeaua u will come back to Lagos Nigeria and drive.

35k weekly rental in 2020?! Wicked!!
As earlier said that I don't drive more than 12 hours a day but what these trips earned me was massive (courtesy of suji).
This work is all about luck and working SMART(know when to go to certain places).

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 11:31pm On Mar 06, 2020
dru23:

2months ago, I went for medical checkup and my BP was 148/110. I went back the next day, the tried severally but the minimum they got was 140/100.

Driving for over 12hrs per day, 6days a week, is not same as seating in an office. It's not same as seating in a shop selling Engine oil Uncle.

13 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 11:36pm On Mar 06, 2020
peeps4u:
Today's traffic was hell everywhere, from mainland, even in Ikeja GRA, to island, but we triumph still

Had to turn off my app around 5pm somewhere in VI. Stayed till 10pm then went home.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 12:02am On Mar 07, 2020
grin grin 225 pounds in one day in naija. You Sir is a funny man. It's achievable if you ask me. But rest in peace in advance, my condolence.
Godfather10:
Ive been in London for ages, was fending for myself since 20yrs you either work or sink.
As for those of them refusing to take adequate rest, that’s their own failing, and perhaps regulators of Transporters, UBER for example limits your driving to 10hrs, we are advised to take a rest of 6hrs, but l want to relocate bck to Niger na, so l go on Bolt to achieve my target of £225 everyday l am experienced, l know when to take a nap, but God forbid if man come get accident Nko,
Who dey at fault.
Drivers should know them selves and stop blaming the world for their own failings.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sexylassie(f): 12:18am On Mar 07, 2020
calabardick:

Excuse me sir.

Should I mention more?

Thats the way forward.

i dont want to be mischievous but i hardly believe any of your stories.

so how many years did you serve in the military, which branch of the military did you serve? what was your rank and when did you retire?

you are now a instrumentation and controls engineer in the oil and gas industry
you are a uber driver
an ex military man
you been to more than 10 countries outside Nigeria

now, you have meet the number one Schneider Knx programmer, what is his name, i will like to know more about him.

nwanne, suffering they killin us softly.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by medd422: 12:20am On Mar 07, 2020
dru23:

You are a mumu man

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 12:24am On Mar 07, 2020
medd422:

You are a mumu man

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 12:27am On Mar 07, 2020
donfortune48:

2months ago, I went for medical checkup and my BP was 148/110. I went back the next day, the tried severally but the minimum they got was 140/100.

Driving for over 12hrs per day, 6days a week, is not same as seating in an office. It's not same as seating in a shop selling Engine oil Uncle.

My first business I did was to import parts from Japan. And I needed to raise about $30k dollars at the time . I was still in college part time .. I was doing security job at the time ..
So in order to achieve my goals, I was working over 60hours a week ,I will wrk from 3pm to 7am the next day. I was stressed out, but I knew I wanted to achieve my goals .
My Point is for me now to be sitting down and open shop to sell oil . I have put in my time and work , I busted my tail off ,sometimes I ask myself if all these hustling is worth it or not . I had no social life and didn't really enjoy my college years...

I want through the same pain situation when I was doing truck business. I had two jobs so that I can raise money to buy Mack trucks, I was busting my tail off even more, you can ask Carshopper, I met him on nairaland through that period in my life , ...

So now that am able to find a business that is not as much stressful, not easy but less stressful compare to other business that I have done in the past. Don't you think that I have paid my dues? Dont you think I deserve a little break. I didn't steal money from nobody, it was hard labour with blood, sweat and tears...

The point am dragging across here is you have two choices in life .. Do want to be great and do great things? Or do you want to be average? It is easy to be average, but greatness comes with hard work and persistence.

You have to put in long hours of work , you have to get out of your comfort zone... So if it is driving for long hours, or staying in the office for an extra hour a day. You just have to do what you have to do. But as you are putting in those hours, make sure you work smart and hard. In the end those longs hours will pay off..

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2450) (2451) (2452) (2453) (2454) (2455) (2456) ... (5689) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Jubreal007, Barbiturate(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.