Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,760 members, 7,813,520 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:22 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2454) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4739302 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2451) (2452) (2453) (2454) (2455) (2456) (2457) ... (5689) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 12:53am On Mar 07, 2020
Modi
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1daboi: 1:43am On Mar 07, 2020
sexylassie:

i dont want to be mischievous but i hardly believe any of your stories.

so how many years did you serve in the military, which branch of the military did you serve? what was your rank and when did you retire?

you are now a instrumentation and controls engineer in the oil and gas industry
you are a uber driver
an ex military man
you been to more than 10 countries outside Nigeria

now, you have meet the number one Schneider Knx programmer, what is his name, i will like to know more about him.

nwanne, suffering they killin us softly.

you're trying to make sense but you just couldn't

12 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 1:59am On Mar 07, 2020
xrayj:

2 years & 8 cars?
This bros no sabi lie walahi!

My first year on Uber, I started with roughly 4 cars ,second year I had up to 6 or 7 .. I could have put in more cars. So the guy that said he had 8 cars in two years, you know if the cars are naija used or tokunbo.. And you dont know if the guy buys cars from the auction, or better yet if he has a brother abroad that got him the cars cheaper, or maybe he has a partner that invested with....
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 2:09am On Mar 07, 2020
medd422:

Andrew, go get a life!!!

1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 2:36am On Mar 07, 2020
MTN has started again. On a Friday night like this no network for over 2hours now. Their siater network self isnt helping matter as well.

What a country we live.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Dovehorizon: 3:45am On Mar 07, 2020
Lolz, dont believe everything you read online.

Someone said he started this uber journey and was able to buy 8 cars in two years. This feat is almost very impossible to achieve except by Grace or fraudulent act.

Now let me break it down.
If said person relied solely on driving on uber this is what u get :
We gat no idea if the 8 cars were bought as toks or fairly use but let me place a value of 1m on each car...

8 cars in 2 years, which means he maybe bought 4cars in a year.
1m X 4cars : 4m

To achieve 4 million naira driving solely on uber / taxify (maybe) in a year
This simply means :
4m ÷ 12months : 333,333 (meaning u should be making at least 333,333k monthly)
333,333 ÷ 4weeks : 83,333k weekly (this means u should be making 83k weekly)

To achieve 83k weekly, that means your gross should be about 150k weekly.

You are prone to certain issues that would pop its ugly head once in a while, these issues will take a chunk of the profit made.
issues like this can never be avoided : mechanical and electrical issues (shock, brake pad, tyres blowout, steering pump, compressor, ball joint, fuel pump, alternator, bad kickstarter), servicing... You have lastma, vio to reckon with once in a while. Bad riders, Bolt app malfunctioning cant be left out. Then unforeseen issues like accident, robbery etc.... remember, you also have responsibilities as well, i dont know if you are married or single but one thing is certain, you are responsible for yourself (feed yourself poorly, dont have enough rest/sleep and the resultant effect is a health breakdown and this will affect your earnings)

On this story, there are so many loopholes which makes it very difficult to believe. Dont be like those motivational speakers : my first salary was 5k and in 6 months I bought a house in banana island without stating how the money was made. If you can't state how it was made, then dont bother saying it as you could be passing a message in a wrong way.

On another note, it's really sad to know that people are juxtaposing Nigeria with countries that are miles ahead of us in almost everything (aside corruption).
Using U.S and England as a yardstick to support your argument is really not nice.
They have good healthcare, good roads, good basic amenities etc but what do we have here other than bad roads, epileptic power supply just to mention but a few...

My point here is, if you are blessed, do not use that opportunity to look down on anyone or talk with reckless abandon... In the game of chess, the lowest ranked officer (pawn) can still become a Queen (the most powerful piece). Life na turn by turn.
If you wanna encourage someone, then apply emotional intelligence to it...

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 4:24am On Mar 07, 2020
Let’s be careful and security conscious when driving at night.

Few minutes ago I was coming from Lamgbasa, as I was approaching the roundabout very close the UBA bank, I sighted a guy from afar standing on the road at my side of the lane, I was driving at a cruising speed with windows down, initially I thought he wanted to cross the road so I didn’t increase my speed. The moment I got close to he jumped into the front my car shouting park x3, immediately I floored the accelerator and swerved away from him and didn’t stop, I saw two other guys come out from the UBA side through the side mirror.

Whatever their intentions is, I know it is not a good one.

Meanwhile I saw this accident around Thomas Estate. Drive carefully, don’t fall asleep behind the wheels. If you can’t control your speed make use of the cruise control.

God no go shame us.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by manny656(m): 5:15am On Mar 07, 2020
dru23:

According to an article I read on nairaland. Mike Adenuga, wakes up early and does not leave his office till 1 a.m. the next day.. And the man is close to 60 years old at least. I wonder how is blood pressure is .....

Do you know how obese Mike Adenuga is ? If he makes it to his office on any day, he could as well stay there for 2 days.
Moreover, he has 4 office buildings right inside his house at Banana Island. It's like stepping out of your bedroom to your sitting room.
This motivational speech no follow abeg.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 5:41am On Mar 07, 2020
Godfather10:
Ive been in London for ages, was fending for myself since 20yrs you either work or sink.
As for those of them refusing to take adequate rest, that’s their own failing, and perhaps regulators of Transporters, UBER for example limits your driving to 10hrs, we are advised to take a rest of 6hrs, but l want to relocate bck to Niger na, so l go on Bolt to achieve my target of £225 everyday l am experienced, l know when to take a nap, but God forbid if man come get accident Nko,
Who dey at fault.
Drivers should know them selves and stop blaming the world for their own failings.

But overseas is heaven. People are killing themselves get to where you are ba?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 5:51am On Mar 07, 2020
dru23:

According to an article I read on nairaland. Mike Adenuga, wakes up early and does not leave his office till 1 a.m. the next day.. And the man is close to 60 years old at least. I wonder how is blood pressure is .....

Fake news. He's never done that as long as we've known him.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by calabardick(m): 6:56am On Mar 07, 2020
dru23:

Wherever you find yourself be it London. Nigerian, or whatever the economic status ,make the best out of it ....nobody will give you hands out , the young man you just helped that is going to PH now , it is up to him to make the best out of it.. Him going to Ph for a job is half the battle,
but I hope he does well and the same favor and kindness you showed him ,he will show it to others that are need of help down the line....

It's up to him brother, I've done my part.
I told him to extend a helping hand to others.

Good morning

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by computerglobal(m): 6:56am On Mar 07, 2020
Do the necessary precautions to avoid buying a clunker..

With computerglobal you will instantly receive an accurate vehicle history report which contains extremely valuable information for consumers, dealers, insurers, auction houses, and lenders, about whether a specific pre-owned automobile has a Salvage or Rebuilt Title status, sustained Flood Damage, the last recorded odometer reading, the manufacturer's original equipment, OEM recall data, and more..

Our COMPREHENSIVE "VIN Check and History Report" gives you peace of mind when buying a used car.

Comprehensive vehicle history report that you can count on to make an informed purchase

We help you interpret the report and also advice you

Call/Sms/Whatsapp (Vin/chassis) to +234 - 806 -036 - 5068

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10000072_vehiclehistoryreport_jpeg3e8dde5a1fb4cccbf6626e983b2598da
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by calabardick(m): 6:57am On Mar 07, 2020
Babadee1900:
Let’s be careful and security conscious when driving at night.

Few minutes ago I was coming from Lamgbasa, as I was approaching the roundabout very close the UBA bank, I sighted a guy from afar standing on the road at my side of the lane, I was driving at a cruising speed with windows down, initially I thought he wanted to cross the road so I didn’t increase my speed. The moment I got close to he jumped into the front my car shouting park x3, immediately I floored the accelerator and swerved away from him and didn’t stop, I saw two other guys come out from the UBA side through the side mirror.

Whatever their intentions is, I know it is not a good one.

Meanwhile I saw this accident around Thomas Estate. Drive carefully, don’t fall asleep behind the wheels. If you can’t control your speed make use of the cruise control.

God no go shame us.

I just passed this scene now, it's scary.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by calabardick(m): 7:09am On Mar 07, 2020
BAZ001:

Pls sir this ICSS is my aim dis year 2020 is there any place I can take a course in Lagos.
i want to swap for IT to Icss

Good morning.
Are you referring to Integrate Control & Safety Management?
If yes contact the following;

- GIL Automation, DTN Complex, Lateef Jakande Rd, Agidingbi,
- university of Ibadan offers some automation courses as well (City and Guild certified)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by calabardick(m): 7:15am On Mar 07, 2020
sexylassie:

so how many years did you serve in the military, which branch of the military did you serve? what was your rank and when did you retire?

you are a uber driver
an ex military man

now, you have meet the number one Schneider Knx programmer, what is his name, i will like to know more about him.

For your information;
- I don't tell stories, those are facts.
- You're subject to your beliefs
- I don't speak for myself, those that knows me here will answer you
- it's my policy not to engage in any irrelevant argument, I'm too busy for that, to me it's stupidity. What will I gain?

16 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 7:20am On Mar 07, 2020
dru23:

My first business I did was to import parts from Japan. And I needed to raise about $30k dollars at the time . I was still in college part time .. I was doing security job at the time ..
So in order to achieve my goals, I was working over 60hours a week ,I will wrk from 3pm to 7am the next day. I was stressed out, but I knew I wanted to achieve my goals .
My Point is for me now to be sitting down and open shop to sell oil . I have put in my time and work , I busted my tail off ,sometimes I ask myself if all these hustling is worth it or not . I had no social life and didn't really enjoy my college years...

I want through the same pain situation when I was doing truck business. I had two jobs so that I can raise money to buy Mack trucks, I was busting my tail off even more, you can ask Carshopper, I met him on nairaland through that period in my life , ...

So now that am able to find a business that is not as much stressful, not easy but less stressful compare to other business that I have done in the past. Don't you think that I have paid my dues? Dont you think I deserve a little break. I didn't steal money from nobody, it was hard labour with blood, sweat and tears...

The point am dragging across here is you have two choices in life .. Do want to be great and do great things? Or do you want to be average? It is easy to be average, but greatness comes with hard work and persistence.

You have to put in long hours of work , you have to get out of your comfort zone... So if it is driving for long hours, or staying in the office for an extra hour a day. You just have to do what you have to do. But as you are putting in those hours, make sure you work smart and hard. In the end those longs hours will pay off..

1 like for you.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 7:24am On Mar 07, 2020
calabardick:

I just passed this scene now, it's scary.
It is. There’s another Camry at the foot of Ajah bridge.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 7:52am On Mar 07, 2020
On issue of rest:

Set for yourself a target..I set mine...

Last Wednesday just a two-way trip made me the target...as I dropped them and they paid me..I smiled and waved the man goodbye, went offline and headed home... All hustle till next day

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 7:54am On Mar 07, 2020
sexylassie:

you are a uber driver
an ex military man

You're already mischievous, you think everybody is hiding under their tecno android keypad to troll? If you want to meet with him, today is Saturday, come to Bonny camp where he'd be by 4pm and see the person you are talking to.
Some of you will just come here and try to act superfluous when exactly you don't know nothing.

16 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 7:56am On Mar 07, 2020
calabardick:

It's up to him brother, I've done my part.
I told him to extend a helping hand to others.

Good morning

Morning boss
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pharod(m): 8:07am On Mar 07, 2020
donfortune48:

1 like for you.

1 like for him and you did not actually "like" the post. Bruh grin

1 like for you too cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 8:08am On Mar 07, 2020
Dovehorizon:
Lolz, dont believe everything you read online.

Someone said he started this uber journey and was able to buy 8 cars in two years. This feat is almost very impossible to achieve except by Grace or fraudulent act.

Now let me break it down.
If said person relied solely on driving on uber this is what u get :
We gat no idea if the 8 cars were bought as toks or fairly use but let me place a value of 1m on each car...

8 cars in 2 years, which means he maybe bought 4cars in a year.
1m X 4cars : 4m

To achieve 4 million naira driving solely on uber / taxify (maybe) in a year
This simply means :
4m ÷ 12months : 333,333 (meaning u should be making at least 333,333k monthly)
333,333 ÷ 4weeks : 83,333k weekly (this means u should be making 83k weekly)

To achieve 83k weekly, that means your gross should be about 150k weekly.

You are prone to certain issues that would pop its ugly head once in a while, these issues will take a chunk of the profit made.
issues like this can never be avoided : mechanical and electrical issues (shock, brake pad, tyres blowout, steering pump, compressor, ball joint, fuel pump, alternator, bad kickstarter), servicing... You have lastma, vio to reckon with once in a while. Bad riders, Bolt app malfunctioning cant be left out. Then unforeseen issues like accident, robbery etc.... remember, you also have responsibilities as well, i dont know if you are married or single but one thing is certain, you are responsible for yourself (feed yourself poorly, dont have enough rest/sleep and the resultant effect is a health breakdown and this will affect your earnings)

On this story, there are so many loopholes which makes it very difficult to believe. Dont be like those motivational speakers : my first salary was 5k and in 6 months I bought a house in banana island without stating how the money was made. If you can't state how it was made, then dont bother saying it as you could be passing a message in a wrong way.

On another note, it's really sad to know that people are juxtaposing Nigeria with countries that are miles ahead of us in almost everything (aside corruption).
Using U.S and England as a yardstick to support your argument is really not nice.
They have good healthcare, good roads, good basic amenities etc but what do we have here other than bad roads, epileptic power supply just to mention but a few...

My point here is, if you are blessed, do not use that opportunity to look down on anyone or talk with reckless abandon... In the game of chess, the lowest ranked officer (pawn) can still become a Queen (the most powerful piece). Life na turn by turn.
If you wanna encourage someone, then apply emotional intelligence to it...

My brother you miss the point again.. .. Again the guy that had 8 cars in two years doing Uber, is not far fetch . It is not a big deal, I invested about 4 or 5 in my first year . And the cars were tokunbo, I started with Elantra at the time .
I was able to get them cheap at the time ,and I funds readily available. Not everyone is going to tell or teach you their trade secrets. And when I first started investing I figure the best is to start with two cars at least and maybe 4 cars to Max .. Doing one or two cars will not bring enough income to enable you to expand fast

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 8:11am On Mar 07, 2020
radautoworks:

Fake news. He's never done that as long as we've known him.

Just curious , do you know him personally?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 8:14am On Mar 07, 2020
radautoworks:

But overseas is heaven. People are killing themselves get to where you are ba?

I think any smart person will go anywhere they feel they might have the best chance to succeed.. It's a double edge sword at times

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 8:35am On Mar 07, 2020
manny656:

Do you know how obese Mike Adenuga is ? If he makes it to his office on any day, he could as well stay there for 2 days.
Moreover, he has 4 office buildings right inside his house at Banana Island. It's like stepping out of your bedroom to your sitting room.
This motivational speech no follow abeg.

That is why I said according to the article.. The point here for the rich to stay rich ,they stay work their tails off, some don't even relax ..

Look at Dangote for example, as rich as he is ,he still looking for money.. He still has goals and he sitill wants to buy a football team .. And he knows that he has to have a lot of cash to buy a football team.

And he knows he will be competing with people that are equally or richer than him. And buying football team no be beans , it is mostly all cash transactions, not on credit or pay monthly.. Unless the banks lends you money...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 8:52am On Mar 07, 2020
pharod:

1 like for him and you did not actually "like" the post. Bruh grin

1 like for you too cheesy
And 1 like for u too
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 9:00am On Mar 07, 2020
Felicity0001:
MTN has started again. On a Friday night like this no network for over 2hours now. Their siater network self isnt helping matter as well.

What a country we live.
That's why using a dual sim phone is best in this business. I use a dual sim phone fully loaded with data. When one network starts messing up, I immediately switch to the other. Of what use is it to buy a mighty phone to please Uber but no network?
Una no dey hear word for this country.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sexylassie(f): 9:33am On Mar 07, 2020
tojahh:

You're already mischievous, you think everybody is hiding under their tecno android keypad to troll? If you want to meet with him, today is Saturday, come to Bonny camp where he'd be by 4pm and see the person you are talking to.
Some of you will just come here and try to act superfluous when exactly you don't know nothing.

Arent you driving uber here in Lagos,isn't he also driving in Lagos, are you in bonny camp to verify for us. So I should go to bonny camp, when smartphone can easily give us evidence

As a rule of thumb, never trust anything written online especially from Nigerians without evidence.

Everybody always claim big man online, it is the Nigerian way.

Or is it a crime to ask what an ex military man, an engineer in a oil company, man who has traveled to different countries still doing driving uber even with his tight schedules as an engineer in the oil and gas industry.

There are some stories written by the same person that are hard to believe, the famous one was the staffs he met in a hotel while doing uber.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sexylassie(f): 9:41am On Mar 07, 2020
calabardick:

For your information;
- I don't tell stories, those are facts.
- You're subject to your beliefs
- I don't speak for myself, those that knows me here will answer you
- it's my policy not to engage in any irrelevant argument, I'm too busy for that, to me it's stupidity. What will I gain?

Facts comes with evidence.I know you don't have my time. I wish you the best.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Mayor555(m): 9:44am On Mar 07, 2020
sexylassie:

Arent you driving uber here in Lagos, are you in bonny camp to verify for us. So I should travel to bonny camp, when smartphone can easily give us evidence

As a rule of thumb, never trust anything written online especially from Nigerian without evidence.

Or is it a crime to ask what an ex military man, an engineer in a oil company, man who has travelled to different countries still doing driving uber even with his tight schedules.

There are some stories written by the same person that are hard to believe, the famous one was the staffs he met in a hotel while doing uber

Who was your English teacher back in primary/secondary school... Obviously you need a refund. They did a terrible job. Reading and understanding at a glance is a rocket science to you the way I'm seeing things.

And pele, where is Bonny camp located?
Go to Bonny camp if you really want to know as the man has no time for you, for you're not so important.

I go like see the video, as them go damage you and clear your assumption! Kai you assume alot

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrjaydee(m): 9:46am On Mar 07, 2020
Gbas gbos everywhere... all this Audio investor/exporter/Importer/Tincutter etc.. make I just waka jeje pass .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Eizenburg: 9:48am On Mar 07, 2020
sexylassie:

Arent you driving uber here in Lagos,isn't he also driving in Lagos, are you in bonny camp to verify for us. So I should travel to bonny camp, when smartphone can easily give us evidence

As a rule of thumb, never trust anything written online especially from Nigerians without evidence.

Or is it a crime to ask what an ex military man, an engineer in a oil company, man who has travelled to different countries still doing driving uber even with his tight schedules as an engineer in the oil and gas industry.

There are some stories written by the same person that are hard to believe, the famous one was the staffs he met in a hotel while doing uber.

I couldn’t help myself

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2451) (2452) (2453) (2454) (2455) (2456) (2457) ... (5689) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: carbonado(m), YeyeGbami and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.