Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,346 members, 7,836,416 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:27 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2643) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4819924 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2640) (2641) (2642) (2643) (2644) (2645) (2646) ... (5706) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 10:03pm On Apr 27, 2020
InfinityEstates:

So, no air-conditioning?
Even before lockdown. There was no air conditioning. grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by InfinityEstates: 10:04pm On Apr 27, 2020
deedee44:

please do you have any idea how much they sell that thing that looks like gun that they use to test people's temperature. I don't know the name.. Digital thermometer undecided
If it's affordable na to dey test riders before giving them access into the car

I doubt if that thing is effective. Like if someone is in the sun, would the heat of the sun not increase the temperature of the person?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sexylassie2(f): 10:05pm On Apr 27, 2020
northbird:

The FG ( highest authority in the land) has given a go ahead on movts ( though restricted)

So bolt will comply n offer services,

Do you know wat you r saying? 4 weeks of zero income.
They will open o.

but bolt is not own by the FG, they also have their rules on how they run their company.

they make money from delivery during the lockdown also they have other markets too.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by InfinityEstates: 10:06pm On Apr 27, 2020
chillex8:

Even before lockdown. There was no air conditioning. grin

Oh, really? So you could go on rides without air-conditioning before the lockdown? I didn't know.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrjaydee(m): 10:13pm On Apr 27, 2020
nitigriti:

Drake fan?

Yes bro, OVO crew we outchea!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 10:13pm On Apr 27, 2020
InfinityEstates:

Oh, really? So you could go on rides without air-conditioning before the lockdown? I didn't know.
I don’t drive on uber/Taxify.
But a mail was sent to that effect.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 10:14pm On Apr 27, 2020
[code][/code]
Carshopper:

I will get the price from my sis.. she is in d medical field

21k on jumia ...

Budget between 25k - 45k
Okay no need, I don't want to inconvenient my riders

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kodred(m): 10:15pm On Apr 27, 2020
Carshopper:

Work starts Monday ... 1week extension ...

Do you really think work will start on monday?

Ask yourself this, if they are going to lift lockdown anyways, why not now? they want to buy time for another extension? What really is going on.

I mean the president keeps recording his sessions. I saw the transcript of that speech way before 8pm.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 10:23pm On Apr 27, 2020
InfinityEstates:

I doubt if that thing is effective. Like if someone is in the sun, would the heat of the sun not increase the temperature of the person?
It happened to my in-law, his temperature was a bit high so they asked him to sit under their canopy for a while before testing him again
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by InfinityEstates: 10:24pm On Apr 27, 2020
chillex8:

I don’t drive on uber/Taxify.
But a mail was sent to that effect.

Oh, that mail? Riders go gree hear that one?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by InfinityEstates: 10:26pm On Apr 27, 2020
deedee44:

It happened to my in-law, his temperature was a bit high so they asked him to sit under their canopy for a while before testing him again

So you want to pick up a rider and you test and the temperature is above average, you'll now tell rider to wait 'fes' let the temperature come down? cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 10:28pm On Apr 27, 2020
kodred:

[quote[b]]Do you really think work will start on monday[/b]
?

Ask yourself this, if they are going to lift lockdown anyways, why not now? they want to buy time for another extension? What really is going on.

I mean the president keeps recording his sessions. I saw the transcript of that speech way before 8pm. [/quote]

Make we dey look na

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 10:37pm On Apr 27, 2020
Niv25:

Thanks bro...am grateful for your advice...mind was all made up for this business but what you just said now has thrown me off balance...I really wanna be careful in investing and this the only business I have in mind now currently...I was having a plan of leaving the country not untill the epidemic started. If you have other better option for me which I can look into before the pandemic is over. I will be happy if you do share. But e-hailing was my plan B though and now it seems to be failing.

I will be glad to accept your advice
Young man something tells me I've chatted with you sometime last year concerning your plans.

Are you the guy that's in IT? Reside somewhere in the SE? et al.

If yes, then my updated advice would be that you focus and taylor your plans on migrating out of the country, BUT, you would have to hold on till either a cure or vaccine is for this pandemic. Though some country will be tighning their borders against immigrants for some time to enable them first recover fully/moderately and being able to see areas where manpower will be needed.

The IT and telecoms world will be having a drastic and tremendous evolution and massive turnaround and opportunities will be available for those into IT and telecoms, as a lot of enevation will spring up especially now that 5G will fully be implemented all over the world. So if you're truly into IT I would advise you use some of that savings you have to get some additional training and courses done then see how things go within after a vaccine is found and 12months time.

Lastly, if at all you would like to have an experience on ehailing, just like I've adviced you the last and only time we chatted, i.e if you're the one, get a rental first to taste the waters then in 4month you wouldnt need anyone's advice on weather to get your own car or not.
There's no joy like working for sb but you know within you your purpose doing it.

Most importantly my good friend, quarantine your self to make sure you Stay alive to reap these and many more promising future I just highlighted above.

Stay safe and stay alive.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 10:39pm On Apr 27, 2020
mrjaydee:

Nice one. I'm a Drake fan too.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 10:42pm On Apr 27, 2020
northbird:

The relax is aimed @ SMEs n not any other economic group.

This people form the bulk of the nation's workforce.

8am- 6pm. They grab whatever they can , head home n continue d following day.
Very intelligent reasoning from you.

I just kept wondering what the present meant with "some selected businesses"
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 10:50pm On Apr 27, 2020
northbird:

Bolt Nigeria pay d Estonia guys for their services ( linking riders wt drivers).

So, come Sat. Uche is opening shop.
Gbam!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 11:04pm On Apr 27, 2020
InfinityEstates:

So you want to pick up a rider and you test and the temperature is above average, you'll now tell rider to wait 'fes' let the temperature come down? cheesy cheesy cheesy
I'm not buying again. The Lord is my shepherd
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 11:07pm On Apr 27, 2020
Felicity0001:

Young man something tells me I've chatted with you sometime last year concerning your plans.

Are you the guy that's in IT? Reside somewhere in the SE? et al.

If yes, then my updated advice would be that you focus and taylor your plans on migrating out of the country, BUT, you would have to hold on till either a cure or vaccine is for this pandemic. Though some country will be tighning their borders against immigrants for some time to enable them first recover fully/moderately and being able to see areas where manpower will be needed.

The IT and telecoms world will be having a drastic and tremendous evolution and massive turnaround and opportunities will be available for those into IT and telecoms, as a lot of enevation will spring up especially now that 5G will fully be implemented all over the world. So if you're truly into IT I would advise you use some of that savings you have to get some additional training and courses done then see how things go within after a vaccine is found and 12months time.

Lastly, if at all you would like to have an experience on ehailing, just like I've adviced you the last and only time we chatted, i.e if you're the one, get a rental first to taste the waters then in 4month you wouldnt need anyone's advice on weather to get your own car or not.
There's no joy like working for sb but you know within you your purpose doing it.

Most importantly my good friend, quarantine your self to make sure you Stay alive to reap these and many more promising future I just highlighted above.

Stay safe and stay alive.
You didn't even wait for him to confirm if he's the one cheesy

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by confusedworld17: 11:16pm On Apr 27, 2020
deedee44:

How much be 95 Naira wey dem no go fit afford grin

It’s N-Ninetyfive. If you are not being sarcastic
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bigleaf1006: 11:43pm On Apr 27, 2020
kodred:

Do you really think work will start on monday?

I mean the president keeps recording his sessions. I saw the transcript of that speech way before 8pm.

There's nothing wrong with the president reading prepared speeches. It's a speech not a briefing or press conference smiley
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bigleaf1006: 11:50pm On Apr 27, 2020
Carshopper:

Make we dey look na

Lockdown will still be extended beyond the proposed date but movement will be relaxed, it has already been unofficially relaxed.

Govt will never want to take responsibility for the uncertainty of this pandemic. If they tell u to go out then things take a bad turn with more people contracting the virus and more death,so u won't blame government.

It's now more of u can go out if you like but protect yourself, u are on ur own sha! ! If u catch am cool

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 11:55pm On Apr 27, 2020
confusedworld17:

It’s N-Ninetyfive. If you are not being sarcastic
wink
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by seun289(m): 12:09am On Apr 28, 2020
sexylassie2:

i am looking at them as an international brand that does not want to ruin their reputation)

Uber(american) might not open their doors, riders safety is important

Bolt(Estonian) i dont know Estonian company culture with regard to international practice but who knows, they also think about safety too
Most people are happy cos d temporary lift brings in so much relief but I will want us all to look @ d other side that it would be disastrous if the infected cases gets out of hand before the end of May cos preventive measures to curb the spread hasn't been appropriately put in place coupled with the fact that alot of individuals are already carriers of d disease(e no dey show for face), which alot of guys will convey from one place to another and get infected without knowing(this is not a curse abi u fit see the bacteria wey wind dey carry?? NO)... I would also agree that d ehailing app coys will not begin operations come next week...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 1:29am On Apr 28, 2020
Bigleaf1006:

Lockdown will still be extended beyond the proposed date but movement will be relaxed, it has already been unofficially relaxed.

Govt will never want to take responsibility for the uncertainty of this pandemic. If they tell u to go out then things take a bad turn with more people contracting the virus and more death,so u won't blame government.

It's now more of u can go out if you like but protect yourself, u are on ur own sha! ! If u catch am cool

EXACTLY!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 1:46am On Apr 28, 2020
mrjaydee:

Toosie slide outta here!! grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Dovehorizon: 2:04am On Apr 28, 2020
radautoworks:

Thank you. We did our best grin

Lolz, weldone.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 2:30am On Apr 28, 2020
NCDC update

I hope they will still be giving true results and not try to be reducing the cases so that people won't be afraid to go to work.
In as much as I don't like to stay at home, the reality is that we are not ripe. We know how many private hospitals have shutdown in Lagos for 2weeks cause of corona and health workers affected.

NCDC have not tested up to 15,000 people .

SIXTY-FOUR new cases of #COVID19 reported:

34-Lagos
15-FCT
11-Borno
2-Taraba
2-Gombe

As at 11:20pm 27th April, 1337 confirmed cases of #COVID19 reported in Nigeria, 255 discharged and 40 dead.

Visit covid19.ncdc.gov.ng for a detailed report.

#TakeResponsibility
#StayAtHome
#FlattenTheCurve
https:///ncdcgov/112

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kodred(m): 8:09am On Apr 28, 2020
Bigleaf1006:

There's nothing wrong with the president reading prepared speeches. It's a speech not a briefing or press conference smiley

No doubt about that. How it got leaked is the question.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 8:15am On Apr 28, 2020
sexylassie2:

but bolt is not own by the FG, they also have their rules on how they run their company.

they make money from delivery during the lockdown also they have other markets too.

What money from delivery? Anybody in d game knows for a surety, there is more money moving people than to ferry goods.

That niche( delivery) has keen competition.

Not owned by d govt, lasise, we r talking of survival here.

Arik air dis week ( after four weeks of zero EARNINGS) placed 90% of its staff on leave without PAY and slashed salaries by 80%.

Arik air is a company that has been in operation for over 10 years. N just FOUR weeks of ZERO earnings made them go into ghost mode.

When did Bolt start in Nigeria? How big is bolt? that they can afford not to operate.

2 Arik airplanes would buy all the physical assets of Bolt Nigeria ( no disrespect meant, but to compare size), I'm sure change go still remain.

Before lockdown , rule is
1. No air-conditioning.
2. One rider to a car n not 4 riders as d case before, n d rider has to sit at the back.

For them now, its about survival.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 8:23am On Apr 28, 2020
deedee44:

You didn't even wait for him to confirm if he's the one cheesy
No time abeg... Waiting most time means forgetting.

But I'm very sure he is the one
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tochex101(m): 8:57am On Apr 28, 2020
kodred:

No doubt about that. How it got leaked is the question.
The government released it themselves for the sake of the print media so it can be viewed the next morning but some of them were unprofessional and leaked it before Buhari made the broadcast.
It’s very wrong.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by topsydee007: 9:26am On Apr 28, 2020
Felicity0001:

Very intelligent reasoning from you.

I just kept wondering what the present meant with "some selected businesses"
Boss most read the broadcast I listened to him live while following the broadcast word for word.
I can tell u buhari didn't mention that part. He didn't say anything about selected business. He skipped that part and start from the B part of the broadcast.

So all businesses dey open

(1) (2) (3) ... (2640) (2641) (2642) (2643) (2644) (2645) (2646) ... (5706) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Johnchrix(m), northbird and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.