Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,405 members, 7,836,620 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2644) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4820423 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2641) (2642) (2643) (2644) (2645) (2646) (2647) ... (5706) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 9:34am On Apr 28, 2020
To me the best way To relax this lockdown is restrict movement from 6am to 7pm them people can be free to move at night, this will give rise to a 24hrs economic system Gov Fashola has always wanted to make happen. And after this whole pandemic is over you will see how major cities like Lagos, FCT, Oh and a few others become a centre of attraction to foreign investors.

With this idea Gov will do their best to make elextricity available, street light a must and security a major thing.

We need to start thinking outside the box and start appreciating the advantages and disadvantages that come along this pandemic.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 9:36am On Apr 28, 2020
Felicity0001:
To me the best way To relax this lockdown is restrict movement from 6am to 7pm them people can be free to move at night, this will gice rise to a 24hrs economic system Gov Fashola has always wanted to make happen. And after this whole pandemic is over you will see how major cities like Lagos, FCT, Oh and a few others become a centre of attraction to foreign investors.

With this idea Gov will do their best to make elextricity available, street light a must and security a major thing.

We need to start thinking outside the box and start appreciating the advantages and disadvantages that come along this pandemic.

Wait....Let me understand what you just typed

The best way is for the government to restrict movement from 6am - 7pm, and allow movement from 7:01pm - 5:59am?

Is this what you meant?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 9:36am On Apr 28, 2020
topsydee007:

Boss most read the broadcast I listened to him live while following the broadcast word for word.
I can tell u buhari didn't mention that part. He didn't say anything about selected business. He skipped that part and start from the B part of the broadcast.

So all businesses dey open
So you mean to tell me you listened to almost the 70 verses of his entire speech without forgetting any key points?

Hmm bros I hail oooh.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 9:40am On Apr 28, 2020
izzou:

The best way is for the government to restrict movement from 6am - 7pm, and allow movement from 7:01pm - 5:59am?

Is this what you meant?
Yes boss!

Think about a 24hrs economy where companies and industries are allowed to work round the clock.
Boss this will give rise to a lot of job creation and opportunities, people will start doing 2-3 jobs. A lot of advantages comes along side trust me.

This was the dream of Gov fashola then and what he really meant with the word "mega city"

Modify:

Besides how many people would even go out at night? Think about this as well.grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 9:40am On Apr 28, 2020
Felicity0001:
To me the best way To relax this lockdown is restrict movement from 6am to 7pm them people can be free to move at night, this will gice rise to a 24hrs economic system Gov Fashola has always wanted to make happen. And after this whole pandemic is over you will see how major cities like Lagos, FCT, Oh and a few others become a centre of attraction to foreign investors.

Hmmm.. sounds interesting.. let's discuss further
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 9:41am On Apr 28, 2020
izzou:

Is this what you meant?

I think suggestion is worth discussing...

Let's break the indices one will be needing for this to operate
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 9:43am On Apr 28, 2020
Felicity0001:

Yes boss!

Think about a 24hrs economy where companies and industries are allowed to work round the clock.
Boss this will give rise to a lot of job creation and opportunities, people will start doing 2-3 jobs. A lot of advantages comes along side trust me.

This was the dream of Gov fashola then and what he really meant with the word "mega city"

If you restrict people from moving around for 12 hours, how will companies and industries work for 24 Hours?

I'm sorry, but I haven't understood your point yet

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 9:44am On Apr 28, 2020
Carshopper:

I think suggestion is worth discussing...

Let's break the indices one will be needing for this to operate

I've not understood him yet. Still trying to get the point

Help me clarify if you can

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by topsydee007: 9:45am On Apr 28, 2020
Felicity0001:

So you mean to tell me you listened to almost the 70 verses of his entire speech without forgetting any key points?

Hmm bros I hail oooh.

U can choose not to believe. I cant claim that i remember all part. But that *SELECTED BUSINESS* is a key part which everyone looked out for and an certain he didn't say it
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by topsydee007: 9:47am On Apr 28, 2020
Felicity0001:

Hmm bros I hail oooh.
Don't worry ..I will get the video for u..that selected business part though
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 9:47am On Apr 28, 2020
izzou:

I've not understood him yet. Still trying to get the point

Help me clarify if you can

A system that comes alive at night- I believe that's what he means... the city that never sleeps...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 9:50am On Apr 28, 2020
topsydee007:

Don't worry ..I will get the video for u..that selected business part though
Ok, please do but make sure it's has not been doctored.

Unto the main issue on ground now. Lets do justice to the subject matyer at hands which is about restricting movement during day time while allowing only at night.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bigleaf1006: 9:57am On Apr 28, 2020
kodred:

No doubt about that. How it got leaked is the question.

I still don't see much of a bother about that, it's gonna be read anyways.

Leaks can happen, one or two times but how many times have you seen leaks like this from the presidency.

It's not peculiar to Nigeria,it can as well happen any where. Naija isn't the only home of the absurd.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 10:01am On Apr 28, 2020
izzou:

If you restrict people from moving around for 12 hours, how will companies and industries work for 24 Hours?

Carshopper:

A system that comes alive at night- I believe that's what he means... the city that never sleeps...
Yes! But with all social distances contents strictly adhered to till a cure or a vaccine is found.

Companies and industries will even be glad to operate 24hrs with shift becoming more effective and more staff to be employed.

This Will also help to curtain the rate of unemployment in the society.

Mind you WHO said the virus will be with us for some time, so therefore, let the lockdown continue till a vaccine or a cure is found will people are only allowed to move only at night. Naturally this will reduce the number of people we will be having outside during this time movement is allowed because most people dont like night movement, nature calls, el at...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 10:04am On Apr 28, 2020
topsydee007:

Boss most read the broadcast I listened to him live while following the broadcast word for word.
I can tell u buhari didn't mention that part. He didn't say anything about selected business. He skipped that part and start from the B part of the broadcast.

So all businesses dey open

Abeg how did you manage to hear him?
I tried so hard to pick few sentences.
That's why most people are confused btw 2nd or 4th of May.
I'm sure not all offices will open
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Mayor555(m): 10:05am On Apr 28, 2020
izzou:

The 24hours work time would be achieved when the whole pandemic is over.

Like cities should start learning how to work at night as against daytime. And when the pandemic is over, night activities won't be a strange thing any longer.

Shey you get?

Like testing the waters, Testing the microphone... You get like that?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by topsydee007: 10:16am On Apr 28, 2020
Felicity0001:

Ok, please do but make sure it's has not been doctored.

Unto the main issue on ground now. Lets do justice to the subject matyer at hands which is about restricting movement during day time while allowing only at night.

I laugh at NOT BEEN DOCTORED.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNswGpXCd0E

that's is the link to the video. Please start fast forward to 12.10 ( 12 minutes 10 seconds ) at the same time start reading the news bulletin of buhari from 32.33

Just listen for about 3 minutes in case u don't have enough data and come back to tell me where he mentioned *SELECTED BUSINESS*.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 10:17am On Apr 28, 2020
Felicity0001:

Yes! But with all social distances contents strictly adhered to till a cure or a vaccine is found.

Companies and industries will even be glad to operate 24hrs with shift becoming more effective and more staff to be employed.

Mind you WHO said the virus will be with us for some time, so therefore, let the lockdown continue till a vaccine or a cure is found will people are only allowed to move only at night. Naturally this will reduce the number of people we will be having outside during this time movement is allowed because most people dont like night movement, nature calls, el at...

Nigerian Companies that are looking for ways to lay off workers so that 1person can do task of 3people.
No work no pay cos of Coro.

Working during the day is not safe na night go safe. No be here elders says driving uber anytime from 10pm na oyo u dey?
My prayer be say make oil price quick come up before government go begin increase Tax and VATs.
I was thinking prices of transportation and logistics will reduce since we now buy fuel for 125naira.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kodred(m): 10:18am On Apr 28, 2020
Felicity0001:

This is actually a very good idea. A lot of restructuring will be done. Avalability of jobs. Flexibility of working hours.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 10:19am On Apr 28, 2020
Felicity0001:

I will reply soon... let me check some necessary information
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by topsydee007: 10:19am On Apr 28, 2020
BAZ001:

Abeg how did you manage to hear him?
I tried so hard to pick few sentences.
That's why most people are confused btw 2nd or 4th of May.
I'm sure not all offices will open
I have posted the link to the video...read the broadcast along with it ..start from 12m/10secs
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by owolabi5: 10:20am On Apr 28, 2020
Car Papers
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kodred(m): 10:20am On Apr 28, 2020
BAZ001:

Nigerian Companies that are looking for ways to lay off workers so that 1person can do task of 3people.

Working during the day is not safe na night go safe. No be here elders says driving uber anytime from 10pm na oyo u dey?
My prayer be say make oil price quick come up before government go begin increase Tax and VATs.
I was thinking prices of transportation and logistics will reduce since we now buy fuel for 125naira.

It can't reduce because it's scarce.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by bolabiyi: 10:28am On Apr 28, 2020
With this new restrictions, guys fit still dey pay 25k per week? Thinking loud...

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 10:28am On Apr 28, 2020
Felicity0001:
To me the best way To relax this lockdown is restrict movement from 6am to 7pm them people can be free to move at night, this will give rise to a 24hrs economic system Gov Fashola has always wanted to make happen. And after this whole pandemic is over you will see how major cities like Lagos, FCT, Oh and a few others become a centre of attraction to foreign investors.

Banks and financial institutions- the main drivers of exchange DT keeps d economy running can't operate @ nite.

Even in Switzerland , Cayman islands, n other advanced countries. Banks operate only in the day.

Bro. Dis won't work in Nig.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 10:34am On Apr 28, 2020
topsydee007:

I have posted the link to the video...read the broadcast along with it ..start from 12m/10secs

Yes this is better than NTA with background noise.
I didn't hear d selected business part too.
Maybe the president skipped it mistakenly,
But let me wait for the gurus/analyst here sure there will be an answer to that.

God bless Nigeria ,
God bless Africa
The mind wey USA , France , Italy no get nigeria don move on.
Thank God say schools no go resume make students dey house.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 10:34am On Apr 28, 2020
Felicity0001:

The first reason it won't work: our security architecture is very weak and amorphous.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sexylassie2(f): 10:38am On Apr 28, 2020
northbird:

What money from delivery? Anybody in d game knows for a surety, there is more money moving people than to ferry goods.

That niche( delivery) has keen competition.

Not owned by d govt, lasise, we r talking of survival here.

Arik air dis week ( after four weeks of zero EARNINGS) placed 90% of its staff on leave without PAY and slashed salaries by 80%.

Arik air is a company that has been in operation for over 10 years. N just FOUR weeks of ZERO earnings made them go into ghost mode.

When did Bolt start in Nigeria? How big is bolt? that they can afford not to operate.

2 Arik airplanes would buy all the physical assets of Bolt Nigeria ( no disrespect meant, but to compare size), I'm sure change go still remain.

Before lockdown , rule is
1. No air-conditioning.
2. One rider to a car n not 4 riders as d case before, n d rider has to sit at the back.

For them now, its about survival.

Bolt is an International company and Nigeria is not a big market for them users and revenue wise, they are in over 150 cities in 35 countries across Europe, Africa, North Africa, West Asia and North America.

their biggest market is in Baltic states, France, and South Africa, if bolt leaves Nigeria, it wont affect their revenue
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by topsydee007: 10:41am On Apr 28, 2020
BAZ001:

Yes this is better than NTA with background noise.
I didn't hear d selected business part too.
Maybe the president skipped it mistakenly,
But let me wait for the gurus/analyst here sure there will be an answer to that.

God bless Nigeria ,
God bless Africa
The mind wey USA , France , Italy no get nigeria don move on.
Thank God say schools no go resume make students dey house.
He didn't skip it by mistake. What most read us draft speech that was leaked ..I guess the speech was edited later
On the broadcast it's 2nd for relaxing lockdown.. buhari said 4th ..not a mistake
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 10:50am On Apr 28, 2020
Mayor555:

The 24hours work time would be achieved when the whole pandemic is over.

Like cities should start learning how to work at night as against daytime. And when the pandemic is over, night activities won't be a strange thing any longer.

Shey you get?

Like testing the waters, Testing the microphone... You get like that?

Carshopper:

Ohh. Okay
I understand now

grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 11:02am On Apr 28, 2020
northbird:

Banks and financial institutions- the main drivers of exchange DT keeps d economy running can't operate @ nite.

Even in Switzerland , Cayman islands, n other advanced countries. Banks operate only in the day.

Bro. Dis won't work in Nig.
Its still the same thing Bros, so long CBN the mother bank works during the normal time every of her children will follow suit. Mind you, mostbeuropean countries will be observing day time operations, take for instance, forex, western transfer, and the rest. The economy will even be more effective as foreigners would be able to communicate with their associate overseas while they are awake and active.

When I worked with Huawei as an FME I work round clock going round simultaneously for routine maintenance, AGO supplies, check, swapping of cards, cutting and the rest... generators run 24/7 on sites. Same time we supply banks the internet they use for daily operations, without telecommunications banks can't operate, so if telecoms which is their major tools operates 24hrs 7days non stop why then will banks or CBN can't work?

BAZ001:

That is because most companies arent making enough profits like forecasted. Every business wants to expand due to competition, more expansion more staff needed.

In the aspect of securities, reason I said in my idea post gov will have to wake up to the call of making sure these 3 things constant electricity and street lights, good roads and securities should be worked on.

I know for sure FCT already have lets say 60-75% power supply almost same with Lagos.

FCT has 80-95% good roads, street lights and securities.

Lagos, Ph, Abeokuta and if im to add to the list Ibadan are the cities lagging behind.

The reason we seems to be having significant result on power is simply because givernment want to get it all right at same time which is totally impossible. Let government take it base of industrialized cities and states in fixing the power problem and by the time they've achieve success with major cities and states then they move to other less industrialized states.

So with all of these infractures we already have in place in cities like FCT and Lagos State I dont know about Ogun a 24hrs economy can be achieve while other state gocernors work to join in the race.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2641) (2642) (2643) (2644) (2645) (2646) (2647) ... (5706) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Doris4ever(m), Nezzjnr and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.