Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,739 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2815) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4759414 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2812) (2813) (2814) (2815) (2816) (2817) (2818) ... (5694) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 11:54am On Jul 13, 2020
Crvrider:

Bro what's this you rguy doing that he is still able to meet up without putting on his app?
Sorry didn't get that? The typo is misleading
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 11:56am On Jul 13, 2020
SaintHilary:

Irony Of Life
My brother in this world nobody is holy.

I
We r all living and surving by His grace
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ksmart027(m): 11:56am On Jul 13, 2020
gafman222:
Thanks a bunch
You are welcome
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 12:08pm On Jul 13, 2020
igwedehxy:

Just checked mine and they said its worn out too. Pic below

Its hard to tell from the picture ..it looks not too bad. But if u are told its worn out. Than better change it ,it does not cost that much ..
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 12:18pm On Jul 13, 2020
pope191:

grin grin I knw all these, that's why I said I'm giving some tings tot, I hate cutting corners... But what r deh thinking like they will kick an average Nigerian out of the system with a fight back?
Cutting of edges is part of life and progress. It may look wrong but it's what it is.

People loby to get a contract.
Why do companies pay royalties to traditional rulers, community boys, settle cult boys and even arm rubbers just to have a smooth operation? Even after paying task and awarding scholarship.

While in school there is a term called "softening the ground" isn't that corruption? Yet the white man made it legal and even included it into our syllabus.

So brother man, do what ever you can to survive especially in this country so long your conscience doesn't condemn it.

As for me I'm very much ok with Uber apart from this present time which is very challenging due to the absence of promotion. One thing I like about uber is if you work 10k with uber you go c ur money but with taxify a go be like say your money is been siphoned and repatriated to an Indian goddess.

The 2 reasons I would want my bolt account back is because of their accurate set destination feature and to fill the viod of uber's driving hours.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 12:21pm On Jul 13, 2020
ekehopp:
If you expect the next owner to buy new engine then I hope you mention that amongst your selling notes.

Because all this big grammar you are speaking, if you have no inch of integrity in you, you are nothing more than an educated fraudster.

Run something down, then sell it off as top condition. #SMH "Do to other as you'd want them to do unto you".

Does that have ear , let them hear o.. This is why we have forum like this so that people can learn something and educate themselves.. Either way you look am , buying naija used car is a risk ,this is due to lack of proper maintenance..

Most cars are using the wrong oil among other things to begin with. So that is 1 strike down, so anyone buying a car should have that at the back of their mind...... People that sell their car, sell it for reason, 6 out of 10 times the car is problematic or becomes problematic in the near future ... shine your eye as you dey go market o ..
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 12:26pm On Jul 13, 2020
igwedehxy:
Dru, a beg like how much to change it?

I dont know depending on the car .. You can call ladipo or call Ayo Bishop 0805 534 7947 to help get a quote
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 12:28pm On Jul 13, 2020
Blackbishop:

Boss how are you doing?
Missed your absence here
Thanks for the mention sir.

Combination of slow business and been a bit busy.. Those small items for the civic never land yet. Hopefully in next few days
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by igwedehxy: 12:30pm On Jul 13, 2020
dru23:

Its hard to tell from the picture ..it looks not too bad. But if u are told its worn out. Than better change it ,it does not cost that much ..

OK. Thank you
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:38pm On Jul 13, 2020
chijioke17:
Goodday all, please a friend called me that someone wants to sell a Toyota Camry 2003 for 670k last. Only issue is that the engine is smoking. I really don't know much about cars except the basics. My questions are
1. Is it a minor issue?, What are the downsides
2. If it requires changing the engine, would it be full engine or half?.
3. And what's the cost of a Camry engine half and full
@radautong, @gazzuzz, @dru33

Add 300k to the price, and you have the new price of the car.

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 12:39pm On Jul 13, 2020
chijioke17:
Goodday all, please a friend called me that someone wants to sell a Toyota Camry 2003 for 670k last. Only issue is that the engine is smoking. I really don't know much about cars except the basics. My questions are
1. Is it a minor issue?, What are the downsides
2. If it requires changing the engine, would it be full engine or half?.
3. And what's the cost of a Camry engine half and full
@radautong, @gazzuzz, @dru33

This is one of the reason I tell them to use correct oil and do proper maintenance.. Car engines can be expensive to change ..That camry engine 03 uses the same engine starts from 03 to 07 camry, I think 08 camry too.. So my point is that does engine cost money .. The last time I check it was 350k naira for complete engine ,this is when dollar rate is 360. But now it should be more .....

Now from experience, it will hard to get any engine dealer to sell you half engine o .. Most Dealer will rather sell complete .. You can also do your findings too ,am only talking from experience ..

Ps.. If you decide to get new engine, make sure to keep the old engine and sell it off to the Aboki that buys metal.. You can sell it around 20k or more for it (speaking from experience ) ...

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 1:36pm On Jul 13, 2020
Felicity0001:

I thought I already stated that before, okay for sake of clarity I did 12000miles b4 my recent change and that 12k'miles took me from January till last week.

I hope you get now
Wow! That’s about 19300KM. You sure that’s not too much?

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 1:37pm On Jul 13, 2020
northbird:
Felicity, you have not explained your pound / penny analysis.

Are you saying you cover 5,000km in 6 months.driving uber in Lagos . That is you service twice a year?

As per the moove cars, I just gave my opinion.

But I don't see the point of using an expensive equipment when a 2003-2007 model can achieve the same objective.

A 2016 car on #60/km and #10/min. Hmmmn , that's some serious bottom line reconciliation.

So if a request takes DT car to Atican beach/ barracuda beach... Na still movt abi?
Brother man which one be ur own self with this moove matter? abi u get personal biff with them?? Uber is looking for a world class standard service rendering so if moove offers them that kind of plan what then do you have to complain about? Abi sha na ur car ni. Bro leave them let them taste the soil even if it a roycrolls. After all Dubia uses cars that are even more expensive than that for taxi. The roads are bad yes we know, notwithstanding, it doesn't mean drivers should go wreck the car simply because they want to proof a point that such cars are not viable for the business.

Ask calabardick the kind of car he uses for uber and c what his reply would be

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 1:53pm On Jul 13, 2020
gafman222:

Welcome back bro
Pls I have a camry 2003 I bought 2016 and due to d advice from a colleague who has been using same car for 6 years before I bought mine, I decided to be using Mobil XHP oil against the recommended oil. Everything was going smoothly until early last year wen I started noticing oil shortage and some oil stain around d engine. We check for possible leak and change all parts my then mechanic suggested we change. It only stopped for a while and d issue continued. My car is not smoking but some mechanic are suggesting ringing while some are against d idea.
Can I start using synthetic oil to stop the oil shortage or get another engine wen d fund is available?
What just happened to you is the advance effect as a result of uaing the oil not recommended for your engine. Rigging, overhauling or what ever it is called won't solve the problem. My brother that engine is gone you can take it from me.

If you doubt me, can you compare tje way the car moves now with yje way it moves when you first bought the car? Obviously NO! That's to say the engine is already weaken.

Try this and you see you engine has started smoking already. Fire the car very well and use your index finger to pick the inside of the exhaust you would have noticed a mixture of oil and carbon stain on your finger. You probably don't need to see the visible black smoke to know if yiur engine has staryed smoking.

This is also a good technic to know if an engine is about to start smoking b4 buying a car.

Best solution is contact dru23 or GUZZUZZ to get you a good engine direct from the US then start using the rexommendes oil.

God luck

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 1:58pm On Jul 13, 2020
dru23:

If engine is burning oil like that, better to check pc valves and engine oil seal .. I experince similar issues like that, I was told to use heavy grade oil .. I said no , and took the car to another mechanic.. Engine cover was open ,and we found out the oil seal was worn out .. The seal was replaced and problem solved.....

So please car owners out there. Before anyone tells to start using thicker oil coz of oil burn make sure u check the basic things pc valves and ask a mechanic to open the engine cover to check for any worn out seal ... Ayodele Bishop did the job for me .. The first was a civic 03 than a Camry 07 and than elantra 08.. Also use good oil preferable USA brands.. Most cars in Nigeria now are USA imports ,it only makes sense to use USA brand oil for the car.. The oil are specifically formulated for such
The king kong is back!

This Will be a blow to all haters.

Welcome back boss man

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 17lee(m): 2:02pm On Jul 13, 2020
You may also need to consider this as an alternative so that you don't put all your money in one basket learn some other offline business that will give you rest of mind you can learn liquid laundry starch production with combination of two to three raw materials you are good to go. Chat me up on telegram @successdeal or whatsapp me on zero eight zero 64654116 for details and you will be glad you did.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 2:15pm On Jul 13, 2020
ekehopp:
If you expect the next owner to buy new engine then I hope you mention that amongst your selling notes.

Because all this big grammar you are speaking, if you have no inch of integrity in you, you are nothing more than an educated fraudster.

Run something down, then sell it off as top condition. #SMH "Do to other as you'd want them to do unto you".

Hmmmmm... Gbos gbas loading...95%

I really think we need this gbos gbas to relief us from the corona virus stress grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Olayetan(m): 2:23pm On Jul 13, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Add 300k to the price, and you have the new price of the car.

Bros
You sure 1m go buy that tokunbo Camry 03?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 2:31pm On Jul 13, 2020
Babadee1900:
Wow! That’s about 19300KM. You sure that’s not too much?
For us not to mislead the general public because I know a lot of people cone here to gather information both for personal consumption and for project.

Take for instance, present mileage b4 oil change is 10,000, next oil change for me would be 22,000 or +/-

But mobil1 Synthetic as recommended can do more than that self but na me just dey run my own like that.

I get my oil from dru23
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 2:40pm On Jul 13, 2020
Just as I suggested to them on the radio when the issue was raised about the closure I'm very much happy about this.

Same system employed in the dopemu flyover

What this means is that from about 12mid night to 12noon the open lane would be a one way towards thr island from the mainland.

From 12noon to 11:55pm midnight would be another one way from the island to the mainland.

So you have no business plying the 3md bridge coming n going against these time from the island and vis ver sar at these hours.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:42pm On Jul 13, 2020
Olayetan:

Bros
You sure 1m go buy that tokunbo Camry 03?

No one mentioned if it was reg or Toks .

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 2:46pm On Jul 13, 2020
Felicity0001:

I thought I already stated that before, okay for sake of clarity I did 12000miles b4 my recent change and that 12k'miles took me from January till last week.

I hope you get now

It doesn't matter how much you say it people will still do it their own way because they know better. De matta don tire me.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 2:47pm On Jul 13, 2020
Felicity0001:

The king kong is back!

This Will be a blow to all haters.

Welcome back boss man

Oga Dru no let dem push u oo grin this will b d final blocking. Nah so they push Abiola, my 50 cent grin run outta platform

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 3:08pm On Jul 13, 2020
Felicity0001:

Cutting of edges is part of life and progress. It may look wrong but it's what it is.

People loby to get a contract.
Why do companies pay royalties to traditional rulers, community boys, settle cult boys and even arm rubbers just to have a smooth operation? Even after paying task and awarding scholarship.

While in school there is a term called "softening the ground" isn't that corruption? Yet the white man made it legal and even included it into our syllabus.

So brother man, do what ever you can to survive especially in this country so long your conscience doesn't condemn it.

As for me I'm very much ok with Uber apart from this present time which is very challenging due to the absence of promotion. One thing I like about uber is if you work 10k with uber you go c ur money but with taxify a go be like say your money is been siphoned and repatriated to an Indian goddess.

The 2 reasons I would want my bolt account back is because of their accurate set destination feature and to fill the viod of uber's driving hours.

I'm just use to both, uber is not that bad tho
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 3:21pm On Jul 13, 2020
radautoworks:

It doesn't matter how much you say it people will still do it their own way because they know better. De matta don tire me.
abi ooh... Just like I Twitter some weeks back. "The human race are the most stubborn god God has ever created that he even regretted creating it and He (GOD) is still trying hard to fix His mistake".

I'd about a thousand retweet.

the human(god) is so stubborn same time wicked than every other god.

In the other side,

Yesterday my motor turn canoe for Surulere, that road that leads to Eric Moore, the road was terrible so I'd to tell the guys I couldn't proceed sue to the bad road. Dropped then at that junction close to Orile bustop. Trip ended N1800 the guys dash me the change.

na so I turn beliving I would be able to go through the road I came in from not knowing those security has closed the gate.

Come see people stranded at the b/s at that time of the night past 9pm. Look at their faces could only sight a woman who looked pregnant.

"na so them dey rush us"

called the woman she said she's going to costain.
Me: I'll stop you at safety. (To me a cooperate man shouldn't be at that junction at that time let alone a pregnant woman)

You needed to see the way she hurriedly enteres the car and the relief ahe felt when she entered the car.

Got to the diversion security don close gate waka. na so I take resort to swim pass since its the only road I know.

Since morning till now that I'm writing thua my car is still at the car wash. Ive spent N2,500 already.

Meanwhile, madam was going to ajah. I just hope she gets home safely

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nwizu042: 3:22pm On Jul 13, 2020
Please guys where can one do their Taxify inspection on the mainland or even island . Sure place o. If you know what I mean.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1daboi: 3:58pm On Jul 13, 2020
ekehopp:

allow dru23 to sit down first before attacking him Na haba... grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by PuZZyNegro: 4:43pm On Jul 13, 2020
1daboi:
allow dru23 to sit down first before attacking him Na haba... grin

The attack was necessary. If you can't disclose the full problem with the car so buyer can price rightly while keeping fund for fixing the problem with the car, then you are a yahoo boy

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chimmyjay: 4:49pm On Jul 13, 2020
NNAMDIII:
are u not on WhatsApp?

Nnamdiii
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 5:46pm On Jul 13, 2020
PuZZyNegro:

The attack was necessary. If you can't disclose the full problem with the car so buyer can price rightly while keeping fund for fixing the problem with the car, then you are a yahoo boy

Again and again. When it comes to naija used cars you are taking a big risk regardless if the seller tells you from top to bottom the issues the cars has .. I will continue saying this , am not a huge fan of naija used cars.. So when you go market open your eyes well well .. Don't go to the market with you eyes and ears cover ...so far it is naija used car, the engine has more than likely abuse ..

So after me saying all these things, I don't know what else u want the seller to disclose... there is a reason he,/she is selling that car .......

Few years ago and also till now ..naija used camry and Corolla were going for huge money.. I said to myself Corolla and camry that has been abuse are going for such high amount..

Most people that drive Toyota neglect common engine maintainence, due to the theory that these cars are strong and take abuse.. So basic maintenance is ignored . And than people will buy and the car will last another 6 months before it finally parks up. ....

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bigleaf1006: 5:56pm On Jul 13, 2020
PuZZyNegro:

It behoves on the buyer to do his due diligence by offering what price he sees appropriate.

If you agree to buy an 03 Camry from me with a bad engine at the price of a toks, what sin have I commited.

You had the freedom to inspect, test drive and even bring your kazeem undecided

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 6:02pm On Jul 13, 2020
PuZZyNegro:

Henn! Wu say?! Are you calling our own dey a Yahoo boy?

(1) (2) (3) ... (2812) (2813) (2814) (2815) (2816) (2817) (2818) ... (5694) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Omoapena(m), SeeWahala, dharmie13(f), providencia(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.