Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,689 members, 7,831,131 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:11 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2843) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4804355 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2840) (2841) (2842) (2843) (2844) (2845) (2846) ... (5700) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by toomush(m): 1:47pm On Jul 21, 2020
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eyinola: 2:43pm On Jul 21, 2020
mistadayo:
On an offline trip from ikate lekki to festac and back. 8k the woman will only stay for 30mins. Is it a good deal.
but u are on the trip already na grin, if we say it's not good deal now , u go drop the madam for 3rd mainland bridge? grin

10 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eyinola: 2:45pm On Jul 21, 2020
Bera state at Chevron drive to ebano super market also at chevron drive, just 7 minutes trip and i spent 5mins to pick up grin..some riders na wayo wayo ooo, na lekki phase 1 she use order oooooo, if not why i go go pick her sef cool

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1daboi: 3:05pm On Jul 21, 2020
DIGIMARKETER:

This is not a sales Pitch. So i am not convincing anyone to leave whatever APP there are using . I did mention it's for states and towns that do not already have uber and to be honest i can give uber strong competition like there are losing to me already when it comes to grocery delivery. See why foreigners go to Nigeria and make all the money because most Nigerians don't believe in their own. Do you know uber and taxify are not the first taxi apps in nigeria? A Nigerian had a taxi APP before uber existed anywhere in the world and no one got on it so he packed it up and not bother with anything Nigeria.

These guys are reaping you off but you don't know it. Uber charges 25% commission and then taxify came after Uber and it's 20%, with competition commission can drop to 5%.

I am not begging anyone to get on it but i want someone to start it while i am still stuck here until airports open. Remember the name of the site and be on a look out

I can be your uche bro. Let's move ibadan

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 3:10pm On Jul 21, 2020
toomush:

Those vehicles were bought for the Frontline health workers fighting covid 19, Nah government get the motor
Another way to steal. After the pandemic, what next ? Na to share the cars remain
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ty207: 3:26pm On Jul 21, 2020
mistadayo:
On an offline trip from ikate lekki to festac and back. 8k the woman will only stay for 30mins. Is it a good deal.
The deal is okay....on bolt you can't get more then 3800 and they will still remove 20%.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ThuGnificenX: 3:30pm On Jul 21, 2020
Does return trip to pickup location still count? Or I should end it and have them request again?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Mjosh1000(m): 3:33pm On Jul 21, 2020
ThuGnificenX:
Does return trip to pickup location still count? Or I should end it and have them request again?
Tell the rider to update the destination

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ThuGnificenX: 3:34pm On Jul 21, 2020
Mjosh1000:

Tell the rider to update the destination
okay. Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kodred(m): 3:36pm On Jul 21, 2020
eyinola:
Bera state at Chevron drive to ebano super market also at chevron drive, just 7 minutes trip and i spent 5mins to pick up grin..some riders na wayo wayo ooo, na lekki phase 1 she use order oooooo, if not why i go go pick her sef cool

I’m sure the app thought it was the prince ebeano in lekki phase 1.

One certain time I set destination to ikeja and got a trip matched to my destination. Na so I hurry without even asking rider any question. Got there, picked rider and his two friends, started trip and saw arowojobe street.

Me: sorry please where’s this?

Rider: mafoluku, oshodi. That ladipo side.

Me: ah sorry bro I set destination to ikeja and this is off my route.

Rider: why don’t you want to go to oshodi

Me: bro it’s evening and there’s a lot of traffic getting to ikeja from oshodi (egbeda, abulegba and iyana ipaja people)

Rider: oh okay

Me: I’ll just end this and you guys can alight and get another. So sorry for the inconvenience.

Rider: nah it’s fine. Thank you

Me: (In my mind) na better person be this sef, I for carry am o but Bleep it the traffic crazy mhen.

So the bolt destination algorithm is not precise. Always call to clarify before embarking on a trip. Bless up.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ty207: 3:39pm On Jul 21, 2020
Vision2045:
Elders in the house.....I notice my car vibrates, it gets worse when I put on the AC and get even more worse...when Ac is on and the car is in idle due to a stop or traffic.....I just fixed my bearings and ball joints...kindly advise on what could be the probable problem and solution..as it's every embarrassing....rider body go dey shake inside car...car is Toyota Coro sport 05
The major reason I change my engine is because of vibration even the new grade A engine I brought still vibrate and I notice the rpm always drop to 400/500rpm in traffic which make my engine vibrate, even though I increase the rpm it will still drop.....
Most vibration in traffic is cause by fuel pump
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 4:04pm On Jul 21, 2020
kodred:

I’m sure the app thought it was the prince ebeano in lekki phase 1.

One certain time I set destination to ikeja and got a trip matched to my destination. Na so I hurry without even asking rider any question. Got there, picked rider and his two friends, started trip and saw arowojobe street.

Me: sorry please where’s this?

Rider: mafoluku, oshodi. That ladipo side.

Me: ah sorry bro I set destination to ikeja and this is off my route.

Rider: why don’t you want to go to oshodi

Me: bro it’s evening and there’s a lot of traffic getting to ikeja from oshodi (egbeda, abulegba and iyana ipaja people)

Rider: oh okay

Me: I’ll just end this and you guys can alight and get another. So sorry for the inconvenience.

Rider: nah it’s fine. Thank you

Me: (In my mind) na better person be this sef, I for carry am o but Bleep it the traffic crazy mhen.

So the bolt destination algorithm is not precise. Always call to clarify before embarking on a trip. Bless up.
Arowojobe Street is a good trip for set destination to Ikeja, had you said you declined the ride because of traffic it would have been well excused but to say the algorithm is not precise is wrong.

What's the proximity of oshodi and Ikeja?

What would you say about Uber set destination algorithm then?

To me Bolt has the best and most precise algorithm when it comes to set destination other ask Uber and im sure they'll send you to Akaka or ajah whereas your present location is lekki 1.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:06pm On Jul 21, 2020
2003-2008 engine gear and all suspension parts (Foreign used)

https://www.nairaland.com/6005996/drivetrain-engine-gear-all-suspension

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kodred(m): 4:44pm On Jul 21, 2020
Felicity0001:

Arowojobe Street is a good trip for set destination to Ikeja, had you said you declined the ride because of traffic it would have been well excused but to say the algorithm is not precise is wrong.

What's the proximity of oshodi and Ikeja?

What would you say about Uber set destination algorithm then?

To me Bolt has the best and most precise algorithm when it comes to set destination other ask Uber and im sure they'll send you to Akaka or ajah whereas your present location is lekki 1.

Bolt is better than uber in the sense that it tries to match you with trips not too far from your destination.

I have gotten rides to VI from lekki on set destination to ikeja, Rides from ogba to gbagada on set destination to lekki, Vi to somolu on set destination to ikeja etc.

They not precise, but better than uber that takes you round. Although uber’s destination is more profitable if you are not pressed for time.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 141samuel: 5:02pm On Jul 21, 2020
ThuGnificenX:
okay. Thanks
don't try it with bolt
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Lush100(m): 5:07pm On Jul 21, 2020
Sir,
I'm ready to work with your APP.
How do we see?

DIGIMARKETER:

Pardon my incomplete sentence. I was meant to state that i need someone to start/run/manage the APP as a partner as if it's theirs since most people on this thread are experienced and it's not certain when i will be able to make it to Nigeria.

if its something you have interest in or have someone in mind please send your contact to this email : signup@deliiva.com

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 2zona(m): 5:18pm On Jul 21, 2020
Hello guys, please does anyone have an idea of how much it costs to obtain lasdri and hackney permit here in lagos and where are the locations for issuance. Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ThuGnificenX: 5:28pm On Jul 21, 2020
141samuel:
don't try it with bolt
why? That's what I did
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by prosperofficial(m): 5:31pm On Jul 21, 2020
Bro, I have picked the car oh, please what’s the next step? How do I get Lasdri and Hackney permit? Thanks.

Slickleo:

Ppl are also using Honda Civic 8th generation and are making it (me especially). Dis ur Corolla is the bomb. Take proper care of it after 1yr d value will still be high. Maintenance is key, #400 Trip no fix break the car it will do it again and again and again and again.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 5:32pm On Jul 21, 2020
kodred:

Bolt is better than uber in the sense that it tries to match you with trips not too far from your destination.

I have gotten rides to VI from lekki on set destination to ikeja, Rides from ogba to gbagada on set destination to lekki, Vi to somolu on set destination to ikeja etc.

They not precise, but better than uber that takes you round. Although uber’s destination is more profitable if you are not pressed for time.
True because with bolt your set destination expires the moment the trip ends but with Uber it continues till your must have arrived at your destination.

Talking about set destination.

I'm presently in VI with a rider with 3.0rating, I brought him here from Allen, Ikeja and he wants me to wait for about 2hrs and take him back because I made the ETA 15min earlier of whi I he was already late for a meeting.

Now, would I just wait for this man for 2hrs doing nothing? I suggested I hang around but he said he would pay me 1k per hr for waiting. So right now I'm kinda confused because
1. I've not collected miney for the trip yet
2. I've not made any reasonable amount of money since 7am that I left the house, just 3k since morning.
3. There's surge presently.

So I'm thinking if I set destination around this LGA if it will make sense I work b4 he's done.

Suggest guys.

Thanks

c.f.: izzuo, deedee,
Vision2045, pope191, plus all my ogas
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Omoadeola(m): 5:40pm On Jul 21, 2020
The issue has been resolved after parting with 5k. Lesson well learnt. Thanks to everyone for the tips and suggestions. I
Omoadeola:
I didn't even notice the sign. It was the guys that showed me. They drove me straight to their office assuring me that it's not something serious and would be resolved ASAP. Am trying to make calls to get financial assistance. I started work today after a very break and see what my first hour turned to.

11 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by toomush(m): 5:49pm On Jul 21, 2020
shollywendy1:

Another way to steal. After the pandemic, what next ? Na to share the cars remain

Yes oooh.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 6:00pm On Jul 21, 2020
Felicity0001:

True because with bolt your set destination expires the moment the trip ends but with Uber it continues till your must have arrived at your destination.

I'm presently in VI with a rider with 3.0rating, I brought him here from Allen, Ikeja and he wants me to wait for about 2hrs and take him back because I made the ETA 15min earlier of whi I he was already late for a meeting.

Now, would I just wait for this man for 2hrs doing nothing? I suggested I hang around but he said he would pay me 1k per hr for waiting. So right now I'm kinda confused because
2. I've not made any reasonable amount of money since 7am that I left the house, just 3k since morning.

So I'm thinking if I set destination around this LGA if it will make sense I work b4 he's done.

Suggest guys.

Thanks

If I were you, I’d wait.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kodred(m): 6:15pm On Jul 21, 2020
Felicity0001:

Suggest guys.

Thanks

Filter trips and only accept trips within the location plus negotiate the return trip on offline. That’s the only way it’ll be worth the wait.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 6:48pm On Jul 21, 2020
prosperofficial:
Bro, I have picked the car oh, please what’s the next step? How do I get Lasdri and Hackney permit? Thanks.

Enjoy your ride bro.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 6:54pm On Jul 21, 2020
Omoadeola:
The issue as resolved after parting with 5k. Lesson well learnt. Thanks to everyone for the tips and suggestions. I

Be safe bro cool

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davidpeace99: 7:52pm On Jul 21, 2020
Good Evening All. Abeg i need car on rentals or on Hp. Please i do not have Down payment and i live at Surulere. 08110275067 Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by invectives(m): 8:04pm On Jul 21, 2020
Ty207:

The major reason I change my engine is because of vibration even the new grade A engine I brought still vibrate and I notice the rpm always drop to 400/500rpm in traffic which make my engine vibrate, even though I increase the rpm it will still drop.....
Most vibration in traffic is cause by fuel pump
Fuel pump suppose make am off..Vibrations could come from plugs,coil or engine seating... also from a Rusty timing belt adjuster!!!

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 8:18pm On Jul 21, 2020
Omoadeola:
The issue as resolved after parting with 5k. Lesson well learnt. Thanks to everyone for the tips and suggestions. I

Good to hear. You have been baptized into the game.....

More wins henceforth.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 8:49pm On Jul 21, 2020
Felicity0001:

Suggest guys.

Thanks

I saw this post late, I would wait if I were you.

Lagos traffic is not predictable, you could be hoping to do a quickie and traffic turns it to a longy for you.
Also, your rider may finish earlier than scheduled, he would be disappointed if you delay him knowing he has offered to pay a token for your time

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Blackbishop(m): 9:32pm On Jul 21, 2020
Omoadeola:
I didn't even notice the sign. It was the guys that showed me. They drove me straight to their office assuring me that it's not something serious and would be resolved ASAP. Am trying to make calls to get financial assistance. I started work today after a very break and see what my first hour turned to.

Boss hope you have resolve the case now?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (2840) (2841) (2842) (2843) (2844) (2845) (2846) ... (5700) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.