Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2845) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4750995 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2842) (2843) (2844) (2845) (2846) (2847) (2848) ... (5691) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by gnykelly(m): 11:30am On Jul 22, 2020
SHOOPSYN:
But how did we get to this point in this country that local government illiterate, touts, mechanic, vulcanizer and Co can arrest cars on the road, taking the place of police officers. Removing road signs just to lure their prey into their trap. Are the activities of local government tout backed up by law or is one of those abnormalities that will dance along in this country. I was at one of the local government in Lagos, you need to see how these bird of ill-omen tout are mocking drivers about drivers begging them, money negotiations and how they strategize and stuff. Is really worrisome because is more like NNPC work for them. I really pity some uber drivers yesterday at their mercy, begging them with 20k+ despite the inconsiderate uber fares. Lets just watch out! 1luv!

I'm very sure this is yaba.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 12:13pm On Jul 22, 2020
skillip:
If you are on the Island heading to Surulere avoid Carter bridge, rather go through Apogbon. Heavy traffic because of those heading to Apapa.
That traffic as been there as early as 7:30am. Saw it on my way to Oyingbo this morning, I thought it would have eased by now.

Thanks for this heads up. Will go back to the Island through Adekunle when I finish here.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by stacyadams: 12:39pm On Jul 22, 2020
sonshyne:
Good morning house. I want to know if everybody experience this, my phone *hot* seriously when am online on my *uber* app but that does not happen with *bolt* or perhaps is my phone.

my phone is Nokia 5 with 2g ram and 16g rom

if is my phone, is it adviseable I get iphone since that is the phone most drivers use

Buy phone hanger,,place d phone directly in front of ur AC vent

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ad0nis(m): 12:48pm On Jul 22, 2020
Yesterday was really something else for me. I took a rider from Ogba to Lekki phase 1, when I dropped her and checked the time it was 5:30pm. So I set my destination to Magodo as I stay around that axis. I didn't get any request until I got to Falomo bridge. The PU was just 7 mins away, the rider was in V.I. I picked her up and started the trip. She was heading to Maryland, I was looking for the fastest way to get to her destination using Google maps as I wasn't too familiar with that area but this map bleeped me up. I just drove round and round only to end up at ring road where there was a horrible traffic. The rider started complaining that I was just trying to cheat her then I tried explaining to her that it was just a mistake but she wasn't taking it. Next thing I knew this lady started crying o, saying everyone has just been cheating her that day. She started calling all of her friends, crying and telling them about her uber driving was trying to cheat her. We were stuck in traffic, next thing I know, this lady opened the door and said she was going to walk. I said walk ke? We're on a bridge ma, you're not supposed to even open the door here. She said she wants to jump inside the water and end her suffering. I was so shocked, I started begging this lady not to jump and that she should come inside, she didn't agree. I had to end the trip there and told her that I'll take her to her destination for free, that she should just come inside, then she did. She kept crying and crying for almost 2 hours until we got to Maryland. I was so exhausted that I don't think I'll work for a few days.

21 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by skillip(m): 12:54pm On Jul 22, 2020
Babadee1900:
That traffic as been there as early as 7:30am. Saw it on my way to Oyingbo this morning, I thought it would have eased by now.

Thanks for this heads up. Will go back to the Island through Adekunle when I finish here.
Coming from Maryland inward Ojota, the service lane is closed for repairs. So stay on the express, keep to your right and turn after the Total petrol station.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by teelord1(m): 12:55pm On Jul 22, 2020
ad0nis:
Yesterday was really something else for me. I took a rider from Ogba to Lekki phase 1, when I dropped her and checked the time it was 5:30pm. So I set my destination to Magodo as I stay around that axis. I didn't get any request until I got to Falomo bridge. The PU was just 7 mins away, the rider was in V.I. I picked her up and started the trip. She was heading to Maryland, I was looking for the fastest way to get to her destination using Google maps as I wasn't too familiar with that area but this map bleeped me up. I just drove round and round only to end up at ring road where there was a horrible traffic. The rider started complaining that I was just trying to cheat her then I tried explaining to her that it was just a mistake but she wasn't taking it. Next thing I knew this lady started crying o, saying everyone has just been cheating her that day. She started calling all of her friends, crying and telling them about her uber driving was trying to cheat her. We were stuck in traffic, next thing I know, this lady opened the door and said she was going to walk. I said walk ke? We're on a bridge ma, you're not supposed to even open the door here. She said she wants to jump inside the water and end her suffering. I was so shocked, I started begging this lady not to jump and that she should come inside, she didn't agree. I had to end the trip there and told her that I'll take her to her destination for free, that she should just come inside, then she did. She kept crying and crying for almost 2 hours until we got to Maryland. I was so exhausted that I don't thinrk I'll work for a few days.

Life ehnnn

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 1:27pm On Jul 22, 2020
ad0nis:
Yesterday was really something else for me. I took a rider from Ogba to Lekki phase 1, when I dropped her and checked the time it was 5:30pm. So I set my destination to Magodo as I stay around that axis. I didn't get any request until I got to Falomo bridge. The PU was just 7 mins away, the rider was in V.I. I picked her up and started the trip. She was heading to Maryland, I was looking for the fastest way to get to her destination using Google maps as I wasn't too familiar with that area but this map bleeped me up. I just drove round and round only to end up at ring road where there was a horrible traffic. The rider started complaining that I was just trying to cheat her then I tried explaining to her that it was just a mistake but she wasn't taking it. Next thing I knew this lady started crying o, saying everyone has just been cheating her that day. She started calling all of her friends, crying and telling them about her uber driving was trying to cheat her. We were stuck in traffic, next thing I know, this lady opened the door and said she was going to walk. I said walk ke? We're on a bridge ma, you're not supposed to even open the door here. She said she wants to jump inside the water and end her suffering. I was so shocked, I started begging this lady not to jump and that she should come inside, she didn't agree. I had to end the trip there and told her that I'll take her to her destination for free, that she should just come inside, then she did. She kept crying and crying for almost 2 hours until we got to Maryland. I was so exhausted that I don't think I'll work for a few days.

Sorry for the unexpected, maybe u need to take out time to study the map and as well ask rides for direction. About her, she's going through what we therapist call pseudobulbar, and it can b cure with some therapeutic treatments and counsel. Lemmi have her number, it will b a pleasure to render service selflessly.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 1:29pm On Jul 22, 2020
Crvrider:

Okay. You're really doing okay. I target 2.5k - 4.5k per day minus fuel using InDriver alone and it is practically impossible to achieve considering the time I close (7pm) from work when on morning shift. I really need to get uber activated. What's holding me is that there's a scratch on the driver side of my car and I need a spare tyre.

...if only InDriver has set destination feature. The other day, I blew empty from vi to ajao. Plus you have a lot of people playing with the app.

Bolt is beta than Uber when it comes to setting destination.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 1:35pm On Jul 22, 2020
davit:
Pope191, don't know what your 291 stands for though, you better come and tell us your experience with the police before.... grin smiley

Lol, they didn't stop me, we r all rushing towards them, so they kind of cherry pick vehicles. At one of the check point, the man beside me had to fight one of tbe police man that ask him to come down, if he was the only one one the road... I'm just busy praying, they shouldn't reason my side atall.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 1:43pm On Jul 22, 2020
donfortune48:

And I was just around Adeniran Ogunsaya that time.

Lol, I've been to surulere today, took a rider on a return trip from Ogba. Home bonding now, trying to catch some sleep. Make I b lyk u till 4
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by toomush(m): 1:46pm On Jul 22, 2020
SHOOPSYN:
But how did we get to this point in this country that local government illiterate, touts, mechanic, vulcanizer and Co can arrest cars on the road, taking the place of police officers. Removing road signs just to lure their prey into their trap. Are the activities of local government tout backed up by law or is one of those abnormalities that will dance along in this country. I was at one of the local government in Lagos, you need to see how these bird of ill-omen tout are mocking drivers about drivers begging them, money negotiations and how they strategize and stuff. Is really worrisome because is more like NNPC work for them. I really pity some uber drivers yesterday at their mercy, begging them with 20k+ despite the inconsiderate uber fares. Lets just watch out! 1luv!

My brother, it's caused by the politicians who empower this touts, after promising the touts if they help them win election, that they will be given government office to make money from.

They other day I saw them checking car papers(tufiakwa!!!) Close to Itire road. This country have gone to the dogs.

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by toomush(m): 1:47pm On Jul 22, 2020
stacyadams:

For which part of Lagos?

Most LGA now have such touts, I'm sure of these ones;

Oshodi
Yaba
Mushin
Somolu
Ifako/ijaiye
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by toomush(m): 1:50pm On Jul 22, 2020
ad0nis:

This is new, might be a new format

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by toomush(m): 1:53pm On Jul 22, 2020
Is bolt broke now, that they are disturbing me for N4000?

Will I be placed on card trips now?

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nwizu042: 2:01pm On Jul 22, 2020
ad0nis:

Hahahahha hahahahha... aswear I don’t know why I find this funny...
Trouble de sleep, google map go wake am..

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 2:42pm On Jul 22, 2020
pope191:

Bolt is beta than Uber when it comes to setting destination.

I drive a 2002 vehicle and am not sure bolt will accept.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davidtuzy(m): 2:52pm On Jul 22, 2020
Copilots please i need a car on rental.... I stay close to Airforce base in ikeja...

God bless u all
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eyinola: 2:54pm On Jul 22, 2020
This uber refuse to put me onboard since but can send me moove shit angry

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 3:03pm On Jul 22, 2020
deedee44:

I saw this post late, I would wait if I were you.

Lagos traffic is not predictable, you could be hoping to do a quickie and traffic turns it to a longy for you.
Also, your rider may finish earlier than scheduled, he would be disappointed if you delay him knowing he has offered to pay a token for your time
Guy you be spirit Just like you say is eggzatly what happened. I set destination to Eti-Osa LGA and got this trip...

Phone rang, a wonderful female voice came in with good and well mannered approach. Arrived at PU and she said I should first take her to Mega Plaza to get sth b4 we proceed to lekki ph1, my mind was already beating so fast and the discomfort was undisguished on my face despite the woman engaging me with some pleasant discussion. I managed to put a smile in and thank God she was sitting at the back seat.

Got to Mega Plaza and she decided to changed her mind that I end the ride with appology because she wouldn't want to take my time. Trip ended N400 she gave me N500 and left the changed.

I just off my app drive down to FCMB HQ to wait for the man.

Then decided to get some fruits for my family because I already know that would be my last Trip for the day as it was quite getting late.

I never even buy fruit finish wen I saw the security men looking and searching every where for me that Oga is waiting for me. Na xo I run down.

Me: Sorry sir I just went down to get sth.
Oga: its fine, let's go.

We got back to Allen, he paid me and then booked another appointment for weekend outside town with me.

Thank God that lovely woman decided to end her trip else I would have disappointed that man yesterday

10 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 3:56pm On Jul 22, 2020
Crvrider:

I drive a 2002 vehicle and am not sure bolt will accept.

Don't think they do
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by successhungry: 4:18pm On Jul 22, 2020
Hi,everyone! Please, where is Bolt office located? And what are the requirements for car registration?
Thanks in advance
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 4:21pm On Jul 22, 2020
Crvrider:

Okay. You're really doing okay. I target 2.5k - 4.5k per day minus fuel using InDriver alone and it is practically impossible to achieve considering the time I close (7pm) from work when on morning shift. I really need to get uber activated. What's holding me is that there's a scratch on the driver side of my car and I need a spare tyre.

...if only InDriver has set destination feature. The other day, I blew empty from vi to ajao. Plus you have a lot of people playing with the app.
What indriver has is better than set destination, it just requires patience and luck.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ncnerio: 4:27pm On Jul 22, 2020
deedee44:

What indriver has is better than set destination, it just requires patience and luck.
Las Las indriver will shake the table. Most people take them cos of the set price. A rider said even though I know the hold up will hold us me topping the fair makes it easy on both of us. I top with what I have you take cos it a set fair aggrement so it like a tip or bonus. I laugh tire. Las Las no no more than the usual hold up and yet she add 500 with smile. I smile too take am.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ty207: 4:40pm On Jul 22, 2020
radautoworks:

Is it "connected direct" or did you switch to manual compressor? Also check sparks and coils.
I did not change compressor, am still using my old compressor and my engine still vibrate in traffic, no solution yet am just managing the car like that
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by omorkelly(m): 4:48pm On Jul 22, 2020
I don't think the scratch or spare tyre could be a problem provided the scratch is minimal.
I passed uber inspection twice and my car has a dent on the rear bumper and some scratches. Spare tyre was not checked
Crvrider:

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 4:58pm On Jul 22, 2020
Guys, Pope191 when do I qualify to set destination on Uber?
Felicity0001:

Guy you be spirit Just like you say is eggzatly what happened. I set destination to Eti-Osa LGA and got this trip...

Phone rang, a wonderful female voice came in with good and well mannered approach. Arrived at PU and she said I should first take her to Mega Plaza to get sth b4 we proceed to lekki ph1, my mind was already beating so fast and the discomfort was undisguished on my face despite the woman engaging me with some pleasant discussion. I managed to put a smile in and thank God she was sitting at the back seat.

Got to Mega Plaza and she decided to changed her mind that I end the ride with appology because she wouldn't want to take my time. Trip ended N400 she gave me N500 and left the changed.

I just off my app drive down to FCMB HQ to wait for the man.

Then decided to get some fruits for my family because I already know that would be my last Trip for the day as it was quite getting late.

I never even buy fruit finish wen I saw the security men looking and searching every where for me that Oga is waiting for me. Na xo I run down.

Me: Sorry sir I just went down to get sth.
Oga: its fine, let's go.

We got back to Allen, he paid me and then booked another appointment for weekend outside town with me.

Thank God that lovely woman decided to end her trip else I would have disappointed that man yesterday

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jul 22, 2020
sonshyne:
Good morning house. I want to know if everybody experience this, my phone *hot* seriously when am online on my *uber* app but that does not happen with *bolt* or perhaps is my phone.

my phone is Nokia 5 with 2g ram and 16g rom

if is my phone, is it adviseable I get iphone since that is the phone most drivers use

Culprit in black

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 5:00pm On Jul 22, 2020
Indriver doesn't pay at Sangotedo area ọ. Same with Uber. Was there for 2 hrs tosda, no ride request on both apps.Indriver didn't even send their usual ride updates.
ncnerio:

Las Las indriver will shake the table. Most people take them cos of the set price. A rider said even though I know the hold up will hold us me topping the fair makes it easy on both of us. I top with what I have you take cos it a set fair aggrement so it like a tip or bonus. I laugh tire. Las Las no no more than the usual hold up and yet she add 500 with smile. I smile too take am.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Blackbishop(m): 5:03pm On Jul 22, 2020
Hello all, The Code P2068,P0463, P0464, These are Fuel Level Sensor or Circuit issues.

What Is Fuel Level Sensor?

The fuel level sensor is mounted in the fuel level sensor unit. The sensor detects a fuel level in the fuel tank and transmits a signal to the Engine Control Module (ECM). The fuel level sensor consists of two parts, one is mechanical float and the other side is variable resistor. The fuel level sensor output voltage changes depending on the movement of the fuel mechanical float.

Symptoms of A Failing/Bad Fuel Level Sensor

Erratic fuel guage display
Or fuel empty signal even when you have fuel in the tank.

Solution

Change the sensor and you are good to go

B-Automobile Nigeria Limited

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by xana101: 5:15pm On Jul 22, 2020
donfortune48:

Got a request (dolphin estate), drove to pick up. Rider came out and said sorry he's not going again; that I should start the trip and end it so they'll charge him for the stress and went back inside. (card trip).
That's how I started the trip, ended it immediately and found myself offline.
Trip counted as a declined trip. When I was close to clinching my morning bonus. I lost the 5h and lost the 1.2k also. Next time, move for some km b4 ending it.

Luckily I got another trip to surulere.
I'm in my house now frying for breakfast.

We continue @11am.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Mjosh1000(m): 5:29pm On Jul 22, 2020
pope191:

Sorry for the unexpected, maybe u need to take out time to study the map and as well ask rides for direction. About her, she's going through what we therapist call pseudobulbar, and it can b cure with some therapeutic treatments and counsel. Lemmi have her number, it will b a pleasure to render service selflessly.

Pope191 the therapist I hail thee I love the way you always find a way to light your ovens.
Great, I am loving your parol.

AgbaAwo the day I will see you in person nah Hennessey I go buy for you

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jul 22, 2020
toomush:
Is bolt broke now, that they are disturbing me for N4000?

Will I be placed on card trips now?

Its just a new add on. As they released new update today....it's just to make partner have easy access to their account details when making payment....I owe less than 2k and I have it in display as well.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2842) (2843) (2844) (2845) (2846) (2847) (2848) ... (5691) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.