Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,640 members, 7,820,242 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2846) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4766687 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2843) (2844) (2845) (2846) (2847) (2848) (2849) ... (5695) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 6:10pm On Jul 22, 2020
davit:
Guys, Pope191 when do I qualify to set destination on Uber?

I don't think you have to qualify to do that, Uber is just not good with setting destination once its 5pm or you are in a busy area.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 6:17pm On Jul 22, 2020
Mjosh1000:

Pope191 the therapist I hail thee I love the way you always find a way to light your ovens.
Great, I am loving your parol.

AgbaAwo the day I will see you in person nah Hennessey I go buy for you

grin grin can't a brother help a sister again? Our motto should b service to humanity... Always stand for others when they r down

Using my Hennessey to dream already grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 6:25pm On Jul 22, 2020
ncnerio:

Las Las indriver will shake the table. Most people take them cos of the set price. A rider said even though I know the hold up will hold us me topping the fair makes it easy on both of us. I top with what I have you take cos it a set fair aggrement so it like a tip or bonus. I laugh tire. Las Las no no more than the usual hold up and yet she add 500 with smile. I smile too take am.
That's the point I was trying to make the other day, it's only someone without conscience to insist on not adding something to the agreed fare if there more than the usual traffic.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by toomush(m): 6:43pm On Jul 22, 2020
davit:
Indriver doesn't pay at Sangotedo area ọ. Same with Uber. Was there for 2 hrs tosda, no ride request on both apps.Indriver didn't even send their usual ride updates.

Trips just scarce today, I was on that axis in the morning, no request was forthcoming, I set Destination to lekki phase 1, I was getting request from Chevron going to phase 2 undecided
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 6:44pm On Jul 22, 2020
omorkelly:
I don't think the scratch or spare tyre could be a problem provided the scratch is minimal.
I passed uber inspection twice and my car has a dent on the rear bumper and some scratches. Spare tyre was not checked

Thanks. hopefully I will get it done on monday.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by blissbliss: 6:54pm On Jul 22, 2020
Ty207:

I did not change compressor, am still using my old compressor and my engine still vibrate in traffic, no solution yet am just managing the car like that

Had same issue; got a caburator cleaner and had the exhaust cleaned.
“Slow” was adjusted and I’m good.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by toomush(m): 6:58pm On Jul 22, 2020
Vision2045:

Its just a new add on. As they released new update today....it's just to make partner have easy access to their account details when making payment....I owe less than 2k and I have it in display as well.

Okay. Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by toomush(m): 7:02pm On Jul 22, 2020
I just weak for Uber set Destination, I was at chicken republic at circle mall, I set destination to Ikeja on both app(I have been there for about an hour, no request) Uber app rang, I was happy oooh, called the rider, he was at circle mall going to Eros hotel 2km away embarassed

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ncnerio: 7:12pm On Jul 22, 2020
toomush:
I just weak for Uber set Destination, I was at chicken republic at circle mall, I set destination to Ikeja on both app(I have been there for about an hour, no request) Uber app rang, I was happy oooh, called the rider, he was at circle mall going to Eros hotel 2km away embarassed
Hahahaha... the journey continues from there. That's Uber for you when them finally allow you set destination.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by toomush(m): 7:18pm On Jul 22, 2020
ncnerio:

Hahahaha... the journey continues from there. That's Uber for you when them finally allow you set destination.

Yes oooh, the journey continues, I drove down to admiralty way, got a request to surulere cheesy
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jul 22, 2020
I came across this tweet. Nigerians really show Uber. People were cleaning out those early days

https://twitter.com/gbenro/status/1285929106891247619?s=08

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ghost1994: 10:29pm On Jul 22, 2020
Saw this on our WhatsApp Group

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nwizu042: 10:32pm On Jul 22, 2020
After about 5 months away from e-hailing, I logged on today and what a day!
My legs have been shaking non-stop.
This hustle no easy o.

Baba God, pick my call na......

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 10:47pm On Jul 22, 2020
nwizu042:
After about 5 months away from e-hailing, I logged on today and what a day!
My legs have been shaking non-stop.
This hustle no easy o.

Baba God, pick my call na......

Kwakwakwakwa.

When I just started this hustle, my legs were shaking even while asleep.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 10:52pm On Jul 22, 2020
How do I set it then?
pope191:

I don't think you have to qualify to do that, Uber is just not good with setting destination once its 5pm or you are in a busy area.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 11:06pm On Jul 22, 2020
I guess I must have certain number of trips before they will allow me to set destination on uber.
ncnerio:

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nwizu042: 11:19pm On Jul 22, 2020
davit:
I guess I must have certain number of trips before they will allow me to set destination on uber.

Not really, you just have to keep trying...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nwizu042: 11:20pm On Jul 22, 2020
peeps4u:

Kwakwakwakwa.

You need to see me doing different stretches... my back ooo...

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 11:22pm On Jul 22, 2020
So where do I go on the app to try it.?e
nwizu042:

Not really, you just have to keep trying...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eyinola: 11:26pm On Jul 22, 2020
peeps4u:

Kwakwakwakwa.

When I just started this hustle, my le6gs were shaking even while asleep.
me always feeling i want to hv leg muscle pull grin grin, those of u that drives long hours everyday dey try ooooooo

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 11:33pm On Jul 22, 2020
davit:
How do I set it then?

Tap d search icon on the right side of ur phone and input the destination you want, follow the procedures. It won't return as error if it work, just close the app and relunch it again, but if it returns as error, it means you can't set trip at that particular point in time.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 11:59pm On Jul 22, 2020
I just discovered that now before even coming here. Wow didn't know all this while. Thanks aldsm.
pope191:

Tap d search icon on the right side of ur phone and input the destination you want, follow the procedures. It won't return as error if it work, just close the app and relunch it again, but if it returns as error, it means you can't set trip at that particular point in time.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davidtuzy(m): 12:44am On Jul 23, 2020
Fellow copilots i still de look for car ooo 08100894157
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 6:00am On Jul 23, 2020
eyinola:
me always feeling i want to hv leg muscle pull grin grin, those of u that drives long hours everyday dey try ooooooo
Adjust your seat in such a way that minimizes stress to your body parts, especially neck, back and legs

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dansito: 7:53am On Jul 23, 2020
Kwakwakwakwa.

Gdmorning bro, I neva still upload tat inspection report for my Uber app with D web browser u suggested. I tried using Chrome n is nt working, is their anyway else of Doing it again, pls enlighten more.thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dansito: 8:21am On Jul 23, 2020
Good day pilots,pls I stay in iju side of Lagos, where cn I go to, to enable me get request. V on my bolt app since 6:00am n D request is nt cumin in.yesterday I tolled from my house in iju to fagba, to ogba tantalize, to airtel in d same ogba, no request came in, moved from there to mega chicken, no request still n moved around getting to Anthony.on getting to Anthony my battery went off n my phone was very hot.so scared tat it mite blow up. Looking for where to charge my phone n wen my phone came up then it was almost getting to 2pm,waited in front of a mall, still no request came in, then decided to go home, on my way home, a request came in location mushin, I didn't bother picking cos my body just dey pepper me for D fuel wey I burn yesterday. though my choice destination was surulere. So wen I got home, was nt really hapi how my day went without any kobo in my hand, so my wife just console me, pamper me n yesterday na my first day out after activate with bolt. Na so I take waka yesterday oooh. Pls help!!!!

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eyinola: 8:26am On Jul 23, 2020
dansito:
Good day pilots,pls I stay in iju side of Lagos, where cn I go to, to enable me get request. V on my bolt app since 6:00am n D request is nt cumin in.yesterday I tolled from my house in iju to fagba, to ogba tantalize, to airtel in d same ogba, no request came in, moved from there to mega chicken, no request still n moved around getting to Anthony.on getting to Anthony my battery went off n my phone was very hot.so scared tat it mite blow up. Looking for where to charge my phone n wen my phone came up then it was almost getting to 2pm,waited in front of a mall, still no request came in, then decided to go home, on my way home, a request came in location mushin, I didn't bother picking cos my body just dey pepper me for D fuel wey I burn yesterday. though my choice destination was surulere. So wen I got home, was nt really hapi how my day went without any kobo in my hand, so my wife just console me, pamper me n yesterday na my first day out after activate with bolt. Na so I take waka yesterday oooh. Pls help!!!!
Brace up,request will come in bro..just one of those days

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sharpk007(m): 8:33am On Jul 23, 2020
dansito:

Well somethins U need to learn dat some areas is mere luck to get a destination trip.

Secondly once U see Dat for an Hour no request (atleast around OGba to Anthony that U moved,) restart your phone.

Again, ur phone was hot and battery drained Guess U need a good car charger( Original Verizon or New age) goes for like 2k- 3.5K depending on d shop and area.

Lastly do not be discouraged, U just need to know d.movement.

Next Tym If U leave IJu, leave ur app on and drive towards OGBa, select trip as dey come and take d one going towards Ikeja, Berger, Surulere, VI, Lekki.

Lastly BOLT Algorithm is somehow very good wit destination, wen U set Surulere, any trip going to d island will not come to U... To be on d safer side set Lekki phase 2 or 1 so dat worst case scenario might be a Surulere.

Cheers on ur next move!!!

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 8:33am On Jul 23, 2020
eyinola:
Brace up,request will come in bro..just one of those days

This one pass one of those days oh!

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 8:36am On Jul 23, 2020
dansito:

Sorry brother.

1. Get and phone hanger(#500) and hang your phone on one of your AC vents.

2. Get a car charger. (<#1,500).

What phone are you using?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 8:37am On Jul 23, 2020
dansito:

Eiyahhh...Sorry grin

Now, the job is not just about to drive...You have to think and determine where riders would be at any given time

In the mornings on weekdays, where would people be most likely be going to?
Work right?

So this means you should target residential areas, and not Mega Chicken or Tantalizers..Since Uber is not a service for all and Sundry, you can target Specific residential areas or estates...

I know they have some estates in Agege.. There's Kayode Williams (Kay farms)estate off Fagba, LSDPC and some others...You can position there.

In the evenings too, you interchange the method...Target work areas, eateries and others... People will be going home then

Just read up here sha. Some drivers here will help you

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eyinola: 8:53am On Jul 23, 2020
For those that use first bank, once u buy fuel of 3k worth from some selected Oando stations, u r qualified to get 5litres free, ending tomorrow..I got the info late sef

(1) (2) (3) ... (2843) (2844) (2845) (2846) (2847) (2848) (2849) ... (5695) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Djdamian(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.