Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,658 members, 7,823,865 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:52 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2847) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4773723 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2844) (2845) (2846) (2847) (2848) (2849) (2850) ... (5698) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by gnykelly(m): 8:57am On Jul 23, 2020
dansito:
Good day pilots,pls I stay in iju side of Lagos, where cn I go to, to enable me get request. V on my bolt app since 6:00am n D request is nt cumin in.yesterday I tolled from my house in iju to fagba, to ogba tantalize, to airtel in d same ogba, no request came in, moved from there to mega chicken, no request still n moved around getting to Anthony.on getting to Anthony my battery went off n my phone was very hot.so scared tat it mite blow up. Looking for where to charge my phone n wen my phone came up then it was almost getting to 2pm,waited in front of a mall, still no request came in, then decided to go home, on my way home, a request came in location mushin, I didn't bother picking cos my body just dey pepper me for D fuel wey I burn yesterday. though my choice destination was surulere. So wen I got home, was nt really hapi how my day went without any kobo in my hand, so my wife just console me, pamper me n yesterday na my first day out after activate with bolt. Na so I take waka yesterday oooh. Pls help!!!!

every business has its logic. it will be best you learn the rope yourself.

if this is what you really want to do you will get it.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 9:06am On Jul 23, 2020
Guys see Wetin Uber knack me this morning ọ. I have never had reason to cheat them o.

Below is my response to them.

Dear Uber,

Please note that I have never done any of the things listed above. Since I got activated on Uber, I have been more concerned about delivering excellent service to my riders.

You can get in touch with all my recent riders please to clarify this.

I believe this is an error from your system. Kindly look into it speedily. I'm not a cheat and will never be one for whatever reason.

I'm only concerned about your number 2 and 3 reasons. I know on some occasions riders might ask to be taken to an address different from where they indicated on the app. I ve had reason to pick riders too from a different place indicated for pick up. But this I know Uber had sent them codes to be assured I pick up the right rider.

I look forward to hearing from you please.

Warm regards,

Guys Wetin you think ọ.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 9:12am On Jul 23, 2020
SHOOPSYN:
But how did we get to this point in this country that local government illiterate, touts, mechanic, vulcanizer and Co can arrest cars on the road, taking the place of police officers. Removing road signs just to lure their prey into their trap. Are the activities of local government tout backed up by law or is one of those abnormalities that will dance along in this country. I was at one of the local government in Lagos, you need to see how these bird of ill-omen tout are mocking drivers about drivers begging them, money negotiations and how they strategize and stuff. Is really worrisome because is more like NNPC work for them. I really pity some uber drivers yesterday at their mercy, begging them with 20k+ despite the inconsiderate uber fares. Lets just watch out! 1luv!
I had run-ins with these clowns at Yaba the other day. About five of them surrounded my car at a junction, I asked the person in the car with me if it was a one way, he said no. I became angry and warned the fools when they attempted to deflate my tires. I completely ignored them and was driving away while hoping they don't touch my car to avoid chaos in the area since I didn't commit any traffic offence.

These touts are having the upper hand because some Nigerians are lily livered. People should learn how to stand their ground for as long as possible. If it's means fighting, stay there and fight.

It's also one of the reasons one should be wary of mainland Lagos. Touts rule Mushin, Yaba, Oshodi and many other busy parts of the mainland. No government or police presence in most of these areas, anarchy and lawlessness is the order of the day.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OJURONGBE1(m): 9:20am On Jul 23, 2020
dansito:
Good day pilots,pls I stay in iju side of Lagos, where cn I go to, to enable me get request. V on my bolt app since 6:00am n D request is nt cumin in.yesterday I tolled from my house in iju to fagba, to ogba tantalize, to airtel in d same ogba, no request came in, moved from there to mega chicken, no request still n moved around getting to Anthony.on getting to Anthony my battery went off n my phone was very hot.so scared tat it mite blow up. Looking for where to charge my phone n wen my phone came up then it was almost getting to 2pm,waited in front of a mall, still no request came in, then decided to go home, on my way home, a request came in location mushin, I didn't bother picking cos my body just dey pepper me for D fuel wey I burn yesterday. though my choice destination was surulere. So wen I got home, was nt really hapi how my day went without any kobo in my hand, so my wife just console me, pamper me n yesterday na my first day out after activate with bolt. Na so I take waka yesterday oooh. Pls help!!!!

Beginners experience!
I could recall blowing empty for almost a week from Maryland to Dolphin estate, ikoyi just to get my first trip because i was so scared of driving on the mainland.
Each time i get to Ikoyi, within 5 minutes of arrival, Victoria island ,Lekki or Ajah trip usually come through and I was content with it but it was a foolish decision until i read most of the content here.

If its possible to join the morning train, take people going to Ikeja/Maryland around 5-5.30am ,drop them off and go to Opebi /Allen/Isaac Jones /Ikeja GRA, set destination trip to the island and if you're lucky to be around Maryland around 6am ,drive into Sunmola, or Mudi Lane at Anthony and set your early morning destination trip to the island.

Please be very vigilant when next you park your vehicle beside Maryland Mall. I'll advise you to drive into one of the streets (Sunmola ,Ajayi, Igbile, Abisoye, Ajose or Abi) and find a safe place to park.

Those cab operators usually feed council people to come and harass Uber/taxify drivers.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dansito: 9:32am On Jul 23, 2020
Sorry brother.

1. Get and phone hanger(#500) and hang your phone on one of your AC vents.

2. Get a car charger. (<#1,500).

What phone are you using?

Thanks bro, I use Huawei media pad tablet
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SHOOPSYN(m): 9:40am On Jul 23, 2020
toomush:

My brother, it's caused by the politicians who empower this touts, after promising the touts if they help them win election, that they will be given government office to make money from.

They other day I saw them checking car papers(tufiakwa!!!) Close to Itire road. This country have gone to the dogs.
But how can anyone allow local government tout to Check their car papers. We just roll with any kind of madness in this country. We will all be alright las las.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Beng1234: 9:44am On Jul 23, 2020
eyinola:
Brace up,request will come in bro..just one of those days

Abi ooo. Request na thing of luck. But if I go to an area where I’m not familiar with (iju, Ijaiye and co), I use my map to search for the closest hotel and park there.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sharpk007(m): 9:45am On Jul 23, 2020
davit:
Guys see Wetin Uber knack me this morning ọ. I have never had reason to cheat them o.

Dear Uber,

Please note that I have never done any of the things listed above. Since I got activated on Uber, I have been more concerned about delivering excellent service to my riders.

I believe this is an error from your system. Kindly look into it speedily. I'm not a cheat and will never be one for whatever reason.

I'm only concerned about your number 2 and 3 reasons. I know on some occasions riders might ask to be taken to an address different from where they indicated on the app. I ve had reason to pick riders too from a different place indicated for pick up. But this I know Uber had sent them codes to be assured I pick up the right rider.

Warm regards,

Guys Wetin you think ọ.

Your phone GPS might be d culprit.... Re calibrate ur GPS sensor.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Olayetan(m): 9:57am On Jul 23, 2020
Martinick:
If you live around Igando/ lasu isheri road there's a 2004 Toyota Corolla locally used in top condition at 30k weekly, maintenance/servicing will be handled solely by the owner.

I stay around akesan area but that delivery is kinda too much, can he consider bringing it down?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 10:01am On Jul 23, 2020
Really don't think it is phone. I guess their system is malfunctioning . Na so dem say I decline request last week even when my app was not on. Now I can't go online until my account is reviewed.
sharpk007:

Your phone GPS might be d culprit.... Re calibrate ur GPS sensor.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Olayetan(m): 10:05am On Jul 23, 2020
ad0nis:
Yesterday was really something else for me. I took a rider from Ogba to Lekki phase 1, when I dropped her and checked the time it was 5:30pm. So I set my destination to Magodo as I stay around that axis. I didn't get any request until I got to Falomo bridge. The PU was just 7 mins away, the rider was in V.I. I picked her up and started the trip. She was heading to Maryland, I was looking for the fastest way to get to her destination using Google maps as I wasn't too familiar with that area but this map bleeped me up. I just drove round and round only to end up at ring road where there was a horrible traffic. The rider started complaining that I was just trying to cheat her then I tried explaining to her that it was just a mistake but she wasn't taking it. Next thing I knew this lady started crying o, saying everyone has just been cheating her that day. She started calling all of her friends, crying and telling them about her uber driving was trying to cheat her. We were stuck in traffic, next thing I know, this lady opened the door and said she was going to walk. I said walk ke? We're on a bridge ma, you're not supposed to even open the door here. She said she wants to jump inside the water and end her suffering. I was so shocked, I started begging this lady not to jump and that she should come inside, she didn't agree. I had to end the trip there and told her that I'll take her to her destination for free, that she should just come inside, then she did. She kept crying and crying for almost 2 hours until we got to Maryland. I was so exhausted that I don't think I'll work for a few days.

Omg,
People can be so weird sha.

Was she just acting/faking it or you saw seriousness in her action?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 10:17am On Jul 23, 2020
radautoworks:

Just saw this. Yes, just show them this post.
Thank you madam I picked up the gift yesterday at your workshop.

God bless you plenty

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Olayetan(m): 10:32am On Jul 23, 2020
dansito:

Bros, you ain't cabu cabu that moves around waiting for passenger to flag them down.

Stop moving around and be looking for request, its not done that way on uber/bolt.

Just wait in a safe area and request will surely come to you, don't be carried away when you wait for too long (an hr or maybe more), still wait there and definitely a request will take you out of there.

And also, try identify movement time in your area, i believe residents are within your neighbourhood, make sure you don't just drive out without request, put on your app anytime you want to work in the morning and make sure it is request that will take you out of your house to anywhere and if you observe where the request take you to is industrial area, then look around for the close residential area and position there for the next trip....

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 10:35am On Jul 23, 2020
dansito:

I drop off my wife close to that place almost every morning.....

Patience is key in this work o....u might think you having a bad day and then boom long trip back to back might just come your way....as at 1pm on Monday....my gross was just 2100... By 7pm... Gross was 14500.....

That your area get trips well....Key Areas

1. Progress college
2. Jonathan coker environ
3. Abattoir environment.....so many B grade estate surround there
4. Charity bus stop environ .

When setting destination.....if you desire lekki, Ajah, Vi, Lagos Island or maybe Surulere... Just set Eti-Osa as your destination..

Above all pray, believe and embrace patience....If you have to burn your fuel....ensure its strategic.....Driving around for request is a big NO NO .

Very soon na you go off phone say u no do...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SHOOPSYN(m): 10:53am On Jul 23, 2020
ndubuis:

I had run-ins with these clowns at Yaba the other day. About five of them surrounded my car at a junction, I asked the person in the car with me if it was a one way, he said no. I became angry and warned the fools when they attempted to deflate my tires. I completely ignored them and was driving away while hoping they don't touch my car to avoid chaos in the area since I didn't commit any traffic offence.

These touts are having the upper hand because some Nigerians are lily livered. People should learn how to stand their ground for as long as possible. If it's means fighting, stay there and fight.

It's also one of the reasons one should be wary of mainland Lagos. Touts rule Mushin, Yaba, Oshodi and many other busy parts of the mainland. No government or police presence in most of these areas, anarchy and lawlessness is the order of the day.

The 'some' are not really a coward, the unfortunate, weak system put in place to protect the right of every citizen is the problem. The weak system makes most Nigerians to lack courage in doing the right thing. So some are trying to be safe. But I know the system will surely put everybody to the wall one day.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by knytred: 11:04am On Jul 23, 2020
did you buy any chance recently get a request then negotiated offline with the rider?

davit:

Dear Uber,

Warm regards,

Guys Wetin you think ọ.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by blanquecheque: 11:07am On Jul 23, 2020
chinyce:
Please does anyone know the price of Gear and catalytic converter for a 2004 Honda Civic. Gladly appreciate responses, thanks.

The last time I chacked at Ladipo, just before the lockdown in March, it was 70k. Don't know if it's still the same now.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by blanquecheque: 11:11am On Jul 23, 2020
Blackbishop:

Gear is 65k from luvinhubby on nairaland here. Check the name sha

Oh really?! Pls, how can I reach this luvinhubby, preferably phone number. I'm new here, pls. Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by toomush(m): 11:24am On Jul 23, 2020
dansito:

Just chill, their are lots of request at ogba, if you can stay on Yaya abatan road close to ogba, you will definitely get, it's just a matter of time.

Of lately, in the last couple of days trips have been scarce. I'm currently at magodo, it's been an hour now since I got here, no request. I have done only 1 trip since morning (ogba to magodo)
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by toomush(m): 11:29am On Jul 23, 2020
SHOOPSYN:

But how can anyone allow local government tout to Check their car papers. We just roll with any kind of madness in this country. We will all be alright las las.

The thing tire me too
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eyinola: 11:39am On Jul 23, 2020
Beng1234:

Abi ooo. Request na thing of luck. But if I go to an area where I’m not familiar with (iju, Ijaiye and co), I use my map to search for the closest hotel and park there.
sometimes request go rush u and sometimes u go dey check ur phone if anything is wrong wen request refuse to enter grin..I hv only made 2 trips today @500 naira each =1,000.i hv to go pick 3 passengers @300 each to lekki weather lucky will shine on me on the island

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eyinola: 11:45am On Jul 23, 2020
Vision2045:

I drop off my wife close to that place almost every morning.....

Patience is key in this work o....u might think you having a bad day and then boom long trip back to back might just come your way....as at 1pm on Monday....my gross was just 2100... By 7pm... Gross was 14500.....

That your area get trips well....Key Areas

1. Progress college
2. Jonathan coker environ
3. Abattoir environment.....so many B grade estate surround there
4. Charity bus stop environ .

When setting destination.....if you desire lekki, Ajah, Vi, Lagos Island or maybe Surulere... Just set Eti-Osa as your destination..

Above all pray, believe and embrace patience....If you have to burn your fuel....ensure its strategic.....Driving around for request is a big NO NO .

Very soon na you go off phone say u no do...

its unwise to be driving ard looking for request, I parked inside lekki phase one now, if request come fine if not i still hv my fuel to pick iyana oworo passngers later in d day

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 11:50am On Jul 23, 2020
dansito:
Good day pilots,pls I stay in iju side of Lagos, where cn I go to, to enable me get request. V on my bolt app since 6:00am n D request is nt cumin in.yesterday I tolled from my house in iju to fagba, to ogba ... Pls help!!!!

Where is everyone going? What do Lagosians use uber for most?

Total trips by venue type
Shopping 28%
Hotel 26.1%
Party venue 22.8%
Business District 5.5%

Though you could argue that all these are numbers, but if you'll agree, numbers don't lie. So if you find yourself in an area position close to the aforementioned spots. People who've gone out will definitely come back home.

However, lockdown has affected this business a lot.

Better still read: https://www.uber.com/en-NG/blog/top-destinations-in-lagos-according-to-the-data/

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 11:55am On Jul 23, 2020
None at all. I even have few trips on the app.
knytred:
did you buy any chance recently get a request then negotiated offline with the rider?

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 12:05pm On Jul 23, 2020
Olayetan:

Bros, you ain't cabu cabu that moves around waiting for passenger to flag them down.

Stop moving around and be looking for request, its not done that way on uber/bolt.

Just wait in a safe area and request will surely come to you, don't be carried away when you wait for too long (an hr or maybe more), still wait there and definitely a request will take you out of there.

And also, try identify movement time in your area, i believe residents are within your neighbourhood, make sure you don't just drive out without request, put on your app anytime you want to work in the morning and make sure it is request that will take you out of your house to anywhere and if you observe where the request take you to is industrial area, then look around for the close residential area and position there for the next trip....

The bolded is very good advice.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by iamkingzlee(m): 12:06pm On Jul 23, 2020
The audacity!

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 12:20pm On Jul 23, 2020
blanquecheque:

Oh really?! Pls, how can I reach this luvinhubby, preferably phone number. I'm new here, pls. Thanks

I think this is his WhatsApp line but you could still try and call. 08099451504 luvinhubby

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jul 23, 2020
eyinola:
its unwise to be driving ard looking for request, I parked inside lekki phase one now, if request come fine if not i still hv my fuel to pick iyana oworo passngers later in d day

Yeah....Business sense
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by knytred: 12:44pm On Jul 23, 2020
Well they suspended me also for a week , reason being I declined a card trip, I asked them how does one know if it’s card or cash sef. I just have to wait a week , hopefully yours is a week too. The last time they sent me that message they sent you , I was just warned I guess with no blocl

davit:
None at all. I even have few trips on the app.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ThuGnificenX: 12:56pm On Jul 23, 2020
iamkingzlee:
The audacity!
I will gladly end the trip and have them remove their nonsense from my car. These tiny little girls have no self respect to begin with. I don't talk to them o, I just ask them the quickest way to their destination so as to avoid the argument that I took a longer route to defraud them. When they've started fvuking our fathers mate, why will they not look down on themselves

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Blackbishop(m): 1:15pm On Jul 23, 2020
blanquecheque:

Na him number be this

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Beng1234: 1:57pm On Jul 23, 2020
3mb to the island is totally blocked.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2844) (2845) (2846) (2847) (2848) (2849) (2850) ... (5698) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Djdamian(m), Foreigner12(m), Adexpumpin88 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.