Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2864) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4765241 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2861) (2862) (2863) (2864) (2865) (2866) (2867) ... (5695) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by flam5: 4:15pm On Jul 29, 2020
eyinola:
I was serious involve in palm oil business abt 2/3 years ago...many tinz happened , my experience on it made front page on nairaland then ..u can still read it here incase u r interested in the business

www.tublezinfo..com
Boss, why did you stop the business?
Do you advise one should go into it?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 4:32pm On Jul 29, 2020
Vision2045:

Minor or severe shock grin grin grin
Severe o. I don get plan for the money grin

peeps4u:

The actual price is 900 which bolt will pay u.

I once carried an uber employee whose fare read 0naira after trip, checked my trips and saw his fare which uber later paid.
Sure, they deducted from my outstanding balance.

toomush:
grin

E don do me before
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by toomush(m): 5:44pm On Jul 29, 2020
Lagos traffic wear pant come out today, nah delivery things

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 6:23pm On Jul 29, 2020
DEGREE2466:

Don't feel like a God. People do this a lot. Even on Fiverr, people make such requests and it gets granted.

People make much more daring requests like having their company name registered in the United States.

If I had known this is the way you would react, I wouldn't bother. I didn't go straight to sending you a private message so it doesn't seem like I have an ulterior motive.

Just to receive a phone from e-commerce website and ship to Nigeria is rude?

Please swerve.

For the respondent asking why I didn't consider using DHL, some of these businesses don't ship to Nigeria. Ask anybody that buy from eBay and Amazon, they have people that receive their items and ship them to Nigeria. Even the ShopToMyDoor that someone recommended, they have their agents in the States.

The mistake I made was getting in touch with the wrong person and quoting her on the wrong thread (my intention was never to post on Uber thread, it happened that this thread is where she comments most so I just quoted her last comment when I searched).

Let's die this. I never wanted to respond any further but someone is already feeling like a demi-god

Again, really makes people want to help you.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 6:33pm On Jul 29, 2020
Bigleaf1006:

Executive cab my ass, with 17 years old Corolla like @izzou said.

You really need to quit the entitlement mentality,everybody will always want to be at an advantage, it's the game and if you can't get the longer end of the stick, just drop it.
Is it about the year of manufacture or the standard of the car? Take it or leave it, It's executive compared to cabu cabu
Mind you sir, that 17 years old car costs about 2 million naira . Bros that money is not maimai

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Phred1717: 6:40pm On Jul 29, 2020
Uber n bolt really lowered the standard of e-hailing biz in Nigeria...that's why you see every Tom,dick n Harry commanding you like a common driver. You're even at their mercy.
Cheddaz:
My thoughts exactly, if you want premium or quality services pay for it. Executive cabs go come your house pick you up, dem go use you do shopping,talk to you anyhow, you go still carry am drop for house on top a/c and comfort.End trip na small money go come out.Even cabu cabu na waka we dey go find them still beg for price on top Jalopy cab. I thought the idea of this ehailing services was to create premium and luxury services to their customers wey fit afford am.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 6:43pm On Jul 29, 2020
InfinityEstates:
Long pickups, very low fares, traffic everywhere... Local man is tired. E be like say I go just hang boot for now.
Error corrected successfully grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Phred1717: 6:50pm On Jul 29, 2020
Bros no be quarrel na... he's just trying to share some info on the platform
pope191:

All what u list here is still hustle, why not upgrade certificate or move to a better country where things work?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 6:55pm On Jul 29, 2020
Phred1717:
Uber n bolt really lowered the standard of e-hailing biz in Nigeria...that's why you see every Tom,dick n Harry commanding you like a common driver.You're even at their mercy.
Instead of executive driver grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jul 29, 2020
toomush:
Lagos traffic wear pant come out today, nah delivery things

Mine was 4hrs from Ajah bus stop to magodo phase 2.....the fine woman close eyes collect her 100 balance...after she paid for the trip grin cheesy
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jul 29, 2020
Phred1717:
Uber n bolt really lowered the standard of e-hailing biz in Nigeria...that's why you see every Tom,dick n Harry commanding you like a common driver. You're even at their mercy.

Forget that one o....na who get low esteem them go fit command......u enter me like devil..I treat you like you are in hell fire....u enter me like angel ...I treat you like you are in heaven.......

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by odimbannamdi(m): 7:13pm On Jul 29, 2020
Crvrider:

Truth is Mr. Biyi, don't just sit all day and be browsing o. Give yourself 1 to 3months to learn a soft skill like Microsoft excel. You could start with this book: excel 2019 bible by Michael Alexander. If you're into books then this is a site you'll love:
b-ok.cc

Nice
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by odimbannamdi(m): 7:32pm On Jul 29, 2020
Chuwaa:

Exactly, alternatively he can enroll with Shaw academy. Let the good Samaritan know he's doing something concrete. His benevolence is just for a time depending on what you make out of it.
He should present a goal to the man, e.g, master photoshop or graphic design or web development or coding in 6-10 weeks.
I'm recommending shaw academy, their videos are so self explanatory and though the videos can't be downloaded, it can be screen recorded using windows key +G on windows 10 or alternatively download Filmora9 and use its screen recorder.
Just make sure you use a card that you keep chicken change because those guys are so aggressive in revenue drive and you may not be able to unsubscribe if you don't know the 7 step process.

I used them to learn photoshop and web design. Their lessons are better than LinkedIn classes.

Starred

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by calabardick(m): 7:38pm On Jul 29, 2020
peeps4u:

Yea. Strictly uber. I heard the cars have trackers so u can't even do some quick interstate offline trips with rsst of mind laikdat

Isn't it Nigerians again?
Lagosians for that matter
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by calabardick(m): 7:39pm On Jul 29, 2020
valenti12:

This is scary. Why would you not advice I do ehailing?

The business don cast, no be today

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chucsmoore(m): 8:28pm On Jul 29, 2020
Babadee1900:
I’m still in shock.. grin
grin. You were hoping to collect cash, grin, I have done that kind of trip lastyear. From Ago palace way to Ikeja Lasuth. Immediately I ended the trip, I was heart broken. Rider was laughing silently at back of the car seat. grin. But actually is a card trip in disguise. There is no big deal about it, expecially if U have outstanding to pay off.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1daboi: 8:35pm On Jul 29, 2020
DEGREE2466:

Don't feel like a God. People do this a lot. Even on Fiverr, people make such requests and it gets granted.

People make much more daring requests like having their company name registered in the United States.

If I had known this is the way you would react, I wouldn't bother. I didn't go straight to sending you a private message so it doesn't seem like I have an ulterior motive.

Just to receive a phone from e-commerce website and ship to Nigeria is rude?

Please swerve.

For the respondent asking why I didn't consider using DHL, some of these businesses don't ship to Nigeria. Ask anybody that buy from eBay and Amazon, they have people that receive their items and ship them to Nigeria. Even the ShopToMyDoor that someone recommended, they have their agents in the States.

The mistake I made was getting in touch with the wrong person and quoting her on the wrong thread (my intention was never to post on Uber thread, it happened that this thread is where she comments most so I just quoted her last comment when I searched).

Let's die this. I never wanted to respond any further but someone is already feeling like a demi-god
guy u almost make sense. I'm disappointed in you. You are feeling entitled to a total stranger? U f**k up bro

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chucsmoore(m): 8:36pm On Jul 29, 2020
Beng1234:
3 weeks ago, my rating was 4.93. This morning, my rating was 4.70. As I Dey type, I Dey 4.60. Which way ?
Baba u offend person, I mean rider? and how many request do U decline and rider cancellations in a week. These things counts.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by InfinityEstates: 8:38pm On Jul 29, 2020
chucsmoore:
Baba u offend person, I mean rider? and how many request do U decline and rider cancellations in a week. These things counts.

Do cancellations count for ratings? Me I don't understand again o...

My rating dropped from 4.90 to 4.70 in a space of two weeks. And I no too work like that o.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chucsmoore(m): 8:43pm On Jul 29, 2020
InfinityEstates:

My rating dropped from 4.90 to 4.70 in a space of two weeks. And I no too work like that o.
It counts bruv. If u can honour at least 90% of trip request u get in a week with good customer service especially card trips, see your rating increase Astronomically. The system is what does 65% of rating and riders do 35%.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by promskid28: 8:50pm On Jul 29, 2020
Can you pls msg me on whatsapp.
This is my numb pls

bolabiyi:
you are very correct....i prayed to God to help me out.. i got tired of the job. i struggled day and night with nothing to show for it, it was terrible. i almost gave up. God heard my cry and brought a man my way. he takes me to his office every working day, i sit in his office browsing on laptop, checking the next move and opportunity and when we get home in the evening, he gives me 7k. i am grateful to God for this as i am presently out of uber or bolt. guys, this hustle shouldn't make u comfortable, seek Gods face and better days will come through.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 8:58pm On Jul 29, 2020
chucsmoore:
grin. You were hoping to collect cash, grin, I have done that kind of trip lastyear. From Ago palace way to Ikeja Lasuth. Immediately I ended the trip, I was heart broken. Rider was laughing silently at back of the car seat. grin. But actually is a card trip in disguise. There is no big deal about it, expecially if U have outstanding to pay off.

Mine, the rider told me he was an uber employee, But I still had to call him back while he was going that the thing was just 0 naira, but he assured me to be calm. I was somehow cool that he wouldn't have hacked my uber driver app to bring such 0 naira

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 9:09pm On Jul 29, 2020
chucsmoore:
I needed that cash badly at that time. I did three card trips back to back, fuel light was already on.
The lady I carried said ‘Bolt thank you’ smiling as she walk away. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 9:11pm On Jul 29, 2020
InfinityEstates:

On Bolt? Yes

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davidtuzy(m): 9:41pm On Jul 29, 2020
Mjosh1000:
Toyota corolla 04 still available 25k weekly
bro am interested.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by InfinityEstates: 9:43pm On Jul 29, 2020
chucsmoore:
It counts bruv. If u can honour at least 90% of trip request u get in a week with good customer service especially card trips, see your rating increase Astronomically. The system is what does 65% of rating and riders do 35%.

Ohh... Didn't know this. I thought the rating was dependent on riders and Activity Score was for acceptance or cancellation of rides.

Well, that explains why my ratings dropped badly. I've been declining and cancelling a lot of trips of late. Today, I even tried not accepting a trip, I was thrown offline immediately with a teasing message telling me that another driver has accepted the trip... cheesy cheesy

These days, morale just low. Today, I just vex go offline go house after lots of cancellations.

It is well sha...

@ izzou thanks Boss.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 9:46pm On Jul 29, 2020
InfinityEstates:

Ohh... Didn't know this. I thought the rating was dependent on riders and Activity Score was for acceptance or cancellation of rides.

Well, that explains why my ratings dropped badly. I've been declining and cancelling a lot of trips of late. These days, morale just low. Today, I just vex go offline go house after lots of cancellations.

It is well sha...

@ thanks Boss.

Do you know the worst part?

Even if it was the riders that were cancelling on you, it will still affect your rating

If you cancel, e go affect am
If dem cancel, e go affect am

Any which way of cancellation, the rating is headed for the rocks grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 9:49pm On Jul 29, 2020
eyinola:
I was serious involve in palm oil business abt 2/3 years ago...many tinz happened , my experience on it made front page on nairaland then ..u can still read it here incase u r interested in the business

www.tublezinfo..com
You didn't complete that fine story na. So how did it go after you resigned?

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by InfinityEstates: 9:51pm On Jul 29, 2020
izzou:

Do you know the worst part?

Even if it was the riders that were cancelling on you, it will still affect your rating

If you cancel, e go affect am
If dem cancel, e go affect am

Any which way of cancellation, the rating is headed for the rocks grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Slickleo: 9:51pm On Jul 29, 2020
So after 45 trips I have 4.57 rating how two individuals gave 1 star I don't understand.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eyinola: 9:52pm On Jul 29, 2020
SaintHilary:
If only 1 Man can sacrifice and go through the stress of Forming a Union for Uber drivers, Y'all won't be in a mess back to back to back!

It would take time And effort, but profitable for everyone at the end, cus at this point, unlike every other businesses..Anything Uber/Bolt gives, Ena go take am like dat cus Uber is still the employer/Union/everything! Which ain't supposed to be so.

I think it's tym y'all drivers re-evaluate this stuff, cus e no get how I take like this thread reach, if I see Bolt-Economy which would definitely be the same as lite with cheaper fares, I go enter without thinking twice.

Good Afternoon Hustlers!
I took a rider from anthony to ogudu this evening with traffic on ikorodu road, trip ended 850..rider told me our prices are ridiculously too low, he paid 1500 instead.and he mentioned something like this to me too

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eyinola: 9:53pm On Jul 29, 2020
deedee44:

You didn't complete that fine story na. So how did it go after you resigned?
watchout for season 2 grin grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2861) (2862) (2863) (2864) (2865) (2866) (2867) ... (5695) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.