Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,922 members, 7,835,079 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2904) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4815701 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2901) (2902) (2903) (2904) (2905) (2906) (2907) ... (5704) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by NYCnextStop(m): 1:59pm On Aug 12, 2020
davit:

OK ọ. I will try to. I did just 4 trips yesterday with no issue. Did just 1 today now. I'm presently on 4.73 star. I even still online as I type. But trips not coming in.
Unfortunately there’s nothing you can do about your account. It’s gone.

My rating was 4.79 when I was permanently blocked just like that... like they did to you.

Sorry about that but life continues!

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ghost1994: 2:08pm On Aug 12, 2020
davit:
Na wa o. This ehailing work no be work ọ. You can be removed any time without notice. Wetin I do now, I no know. Abeg people still fully relying on it should have a rethink. I hope they will send my balance in their care sha?

Naso my brother..

But Uber no Dey owe Money dem go pay you your money.

And also, some of the major reasons why Uber Dey blocked account be say if you canceled too many trips (they must’ve warned you for this).

If you start trip without rider in your car.

If you have a physical abuse on your rider (slap, punch, beats etc).

If you lie on many cash trips that you didn’t received cash payments and they refund you.

If customer report you that you came with another vehicle which is different from the one you have on your profile (this one go make dem vex).

If you vex dropped rider on isolated area (rider rude to you around 9pm and you con vex drop him/her on top third mainland bridge) and he/she con report you before you write Uber, your account don go be that.

Rider got robbed by driver.

You didn’t return riders missing item(s)

NB: I didn’t claim you did any of these options but they can’t just yank you off without any reason(s).

Think about it Baba

10 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mabeni(m): 2:11pm On Aug 12, 2020
What are the things to look out for when buying a tokunbo AUTO GEAR.?
and should i a mechanic do the job a GEAR MASTER?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 2:58pm On Aug 12, 2020
None of these happened bro. I tried to be nice to my riders as much as possible.
I just wish they would say I what I did wrong
Ghost1994:

Naso my brother..

And also, some of the major reasons why Uber Dey blocked account be say if you canceled too many trips (they must’ve warned you for this).

If you lie on many cash trips that you didn’t received cash payments and they refund you.

If customer report you that you came with another vehicle which is different from the one you have on your profile (this one go make dem vex).

If you vex dropped rider on isolated area (rider rude to you around 9pm and you con vex drop him/her on top third mainland bridge) and he/she con report you before you write Uber, your account don go be that.

NB: I didn’t claim you did any of these options but they can’t just yank you off without any reason(s).

Think about it Baba

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 3:03pm On Aug 12, 2020
Ghost1994:

Naso my brother..

Think about it Baba

Maybe they yanked you off with a genuine reason.
Uber mostly yank people off without traceable reason bro. Other than reasons their system gave them.

And I think their system do the yanking most times without them verifying.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Blackbishop(m): 3:09pm On Aug 12, 2020
ncnerio:
Blackbshop and co abeg who get contact for ladipo I need 05 coro fuel pump price.

08082103666 chidi deals solely on fuel pump
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 3:26pm On Aug 12, 2020
Olayetan:

Can you share the link?
All taxi cabs must meet these conditions:
- must be brand new
- if not brand new, within the 1st 3 years of manufacture (as specified by manufacturers)
- equipped with taximeter approved by Ministry.

So many cars won’t qualify anymore

@TechCabal report: https:///4GBE1y2Ntv
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Frank0001(m): 3:28pm On Aug 12, 2020
davit:
Na wa o. This ehailing work no be work ọ. You can be removed any time without notice. Wetin I do now, I no know. Abeg people still fully relying on it should have a rethink. I hope they will send my balance in their care sha?
Is there no other way you can get your account reinstated back on there platform?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BoboKush(m): 3:30pm On Aug 12, 2020
Make una come out come protest
E hailing drivers should come out
Drive to governor's office.. Block alausa.... Block everywhere

This nonsense policy must be reverted
Let this not slide as okada, keke own
This is source of feeding for many of you
By next week... Let plan and come up with something like this

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by famousguy01(m): 3:40pm On Aug 12, 2020
No be small thing today ooooo, so I took this rider from pelican hotel at chevron drive, she put ogba bus/stop as the final destination on getting to the roundabout around that excellence hotel she decides to change her drop off to shonola street, still around ogba though. Getting to her destination she told me to park outside that she’s going in to get money that she needs to get food not far away from my house, after waiting for close to 15minutes I decide to call her but she was busying my call that was when it dawn on me that I’ve been cat-fished. Saw a guy coming out of the house he pointed to me, I asked the guy about the lady he said he doesn’t know anybody like that and he gt me.
I ended the trip and saw 5k, I was about going back into my vehicle when I saw an elderly man inside the compound I approached him and asked after the girl he said he’s the landlord of the house and no one fits that description, then he asked what happened I explained then he told me to follow him.
Apparently, there was a small path beside the Man’s house, he took me there and then we busted out to another house linking another street, that was how the man asked after a girl from one fair lady which I assume was her elder sister, she asked what she was putting on and I explained to her, that’s how the sister shouted her name that she should come and pay her cabman, the denied immediately that it’s not her. So, the man told her to show her face at least to see me. But she no answer na so Baba go up, go meet the mum before I know it one small girl threw 4K for me I told her that my money is 5200 cos she collected 200 to buy gala inside that mad traffic on our way. Na so the girl go inside bring 1k5 three 3h for her. But the girl no show her face at all throughout, I just postrait for the man carry my car close for the day. So many heartlessness in the country. Let’s just be very careful in trusting these riders

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ncnerio: 3:41pm On Aug 12, 2020
radautoworks:

Chukwuma 0706 926 4175, 0812 424 6116

I had to double tripple scrutinized check your account name say no (.)dot in-between anywhere as foul play. Ha! Aunty Radu give me ladipo contact. The guy price over fair than all the rest self without bargaining just say he don close so na till Friday. Thanks big time. Appreciate.

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ncnerio: 3:42pm On Aug 12, 2020
Blackbishop:

08082103666 chidi deals solely on fuel pump
Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nwizu042: 3:50pm On Aug 12, 2020
ncnerio:

Abeg when then send your balance let us know here. My 11,548 still dey with them just after the lock down when pick distance was just crazy them block my account with all email asking for my balance them say the account has been remove from thier system since them block me. I dey wait them office to open to go ask why my hard earn balance never drop.

You will get every penny after 3 months..
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ncnerio: 3:51pm On Aug 12, 2020
davit:

Na wa 0.Wetin dem sey be ur own offence?
I believe na my cancellation. And that happens cos my pick up point was just crazy after the lock down as much as I try minimise am each time I refuse to pick or cancelled it goes 4point up so I try to go unfavourable trip but for each cancelled I have to do like 4 upward to correct I cancellation. I complain self to them as my cancellation dey move and they reply and said as much as they understand my plights the system was program that way and nothing much they can do and they understand that not the answer am looking for but sorry. So I try not to cancelled again but riders cancelling cos of pick up time was still also on me and nothing I could do about that one I was yanked out even though no be me cancelled on my way there.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nwizu042: 3:52pm On Aug 12, 2020
Ghost1994:

Naso my brother..

NB: I didn’t claim you did any of these options but *they can’t just yank you off without any reason(s)*.

Think about it Baba

Yes they can... go and ask...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ghost1994: 3:54pm On Aug 12, 2020
nwizu042:

Yes they can... go and ask...

Uber will block your account without doing anything.

It’s strange bruv
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ghost1994: 3:56pm On Aug 12, 2020
donfortune48:

Maybe they yanked you off with a genuine reason.
Uber mostly yank people off without traceable reason bro. Other than reasons their system gave them.

And I think their system do the yanking most times without them verifying.

Bruv my account is active over 1.5yrs no issue. I don’t joke with my Uber account.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jaymejate: 4:02pm On Aug 12, 2020
famousguy01:
No be small thing today ooooo, so I took this rider from pelican hotel at chevron drive, she put ogba bus/stop as the final destination on getting to the roundabout around that excellence hotel she decides to change her drop off to shonola street, still around ogba though. Getting to her destination she told me to park outside that she’s going in to get money that she needs to get food not far away from my house, after waiting for close to 15minutes I decide to call her but she was busying my call that was when it dawn on me that I’ve been cat-fished. Saw a guy coming out of the house he pointed to me, I asked the guy about the lady he said he doesn’t know anybody like that and he gt me.
I ended the trip and saw 5k, I was about going back into my vehicle when I saw an elderly man inside the compound I approached him and asked after the girl he said he’s the landlord of the house and no one fits that description, then he asked what happened I explained then he told me to follow him.
Apparently, there was a small path beside the Man’s house, he took me there and then we busted out to another house linking another street, that was how the man asked after a girl from one fair lady which I assume was her elder sister, she asked what she was putting on and I explained to her, that’s how the sister shouted her name that she should come and pay her cabman, the denied immediately that it’s not her. So, the man told her to show her face at least to see me. But she no answer na so Baba go up, go meet the mum before I know it one small girl threw 4K for me I told her that my money is 5200 cos she collected 200 to buy gala inside that mad traffic on our way. Na so the girl go inside bring 1k5 three 3h for her. But the girl no show her face at all throughout, I just postrait for the man carry my car close for the day. So many heartlessness in the country. Let’s just be very careful in trusting these riders

Did you report her? Please do. They will get her suspended or blocked. Save other drivers by reporting her.
My take

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chucsmoore(m): 4:22pm On Aug 12, 2020
Crvrider:

The designers of the app aren't that stupid, they won't let you go below a certain threshold. See image below when you try to put in an amount that is below the standard price range. Now multiply the standard price of 5154 by .20 and you'll see it gives the approximate price of 4125, your net as though it was uber or bolt after taking their commission. For this exact same trip, I did it for 5500.

Like I have said in the past, the only thing that needs to be done is price adjustment when additional time is spent on the trip due to traffic. I believe they will begin to factor all of these when they start to collect their commission.

The creators of indriver knows what they are doing. It is fully understood that the drivers are the engine block of the business, so they allowed a 6months grace of operation without charging commission, and when they eventually start charging commission, it is between 5%-8%. What can a driver ask for.

Modified. Initial image was a wrong one.
Brotherly, one has to make hay while the sun shine. When Taxify started operations 3years ago in their 3 bedroom office at Admiralty Lekki beside forte oil and Tantalizers, I met the top goons of Bolt except Uche. Femi and Nonso were the ones handling the on boarding and training session back then. The treatment we got as driver-partner was exceptional compare to Uber. The pricing, commission, customer service and support was superb, At that time it was an honour to Taxify for drivers to drive on their platform, Account blocks were rare back then except for fraud related issues and major issues with riders. Now things have changed.
inDriver is doing all this to win drivers, No doubt I enjoy using their app. The freedom to skip and choose trips, offer your price and their open rating system is what I like about their app. I am more than 6 months on INDriver. I have not been ask to pay commission. I make average of 4-7k on INDriver daily. With combination of Bolt app totalling 12-15k. Now that INDriver is offering all these benefits, is good one makes good use of it before their policies start changing. They are growing so fast may be because is owned by RUSSIANs. Lagosians are using it in droves now. I am maximizing the use of their app before their policies starts becoming unfavorable. More registration of drivers on their platform will definitely effect change in policies

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 4:31pm On Aug 12, 2020
Ghost1994:

Bruv my account is active over 1.5yrs no issue. I don’t joke with my Uber account.

My account is still active.
I just decided not to use them for now.

Unless I find myself in pope191 's shoes one day.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kintus(m): 4:32pm On Aug 12, 2020
Oluwabengz:
[/b]

Help the youth keh! "it's not in the benevolence of a Baker that he bakes bread but for his selfish interest"

[b]Even at that,they've been able to provide for us what our government cannot.

And this we cannot take for granted.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by xana101: 4:40pm On Aug 12, 2020
How do I register on indriver please.
They don’t have a physical office yet so government can not clamp down on them like Uber and Bolt.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 4:46pm On Aug 12, 2020
davit:
Guys, below is a message I got from Uber just now. I'm even still on a ride. What do you suggest I do?

Your account has been deactivated
Dear xxxxxxxxx

We refer to the Services Agreement terms.

We are writing to confirm that pursuant to clause 12.2(b) of the Services Agreement, we exercised our right to terminate the Services Agreement.

You have not met the Driver Requirements required by Uber to provide the Transportation Services described at clause 3.1 of the Services Agreement. Specifically due to fraudulent activity while using the Uber app.

Ending the Partnership

In accordance with our Community Guidelines (Local guidelines), the partnership with Uber was ended, and as such, you are no longer able to use any Driver App or Driver ID with immediate effect. You are not permitted to provide the transportation Services from this date.

Eligibility for Appeal

Unfortunately, this is a final decision, and you will not be granted the opportunity to appeal.

Return of Data

You must also immediately delete any Uber Data and fully remove the Driver App from your device.

Yours Sincerely,

Uber B.V.

I can't remember doing anything fraudulent. In fact, I hardly do trips on it these days cos of the low request. Also, they never mentioned Wetin I do ọ. Deactivated just like that?

That’s your offense in bold.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 4:50pm On Aug 12, 2020
slamstanlee:

- must be brand new
- if not brand new, within the 1st 3 years of manufacture (as specified by manufacturers)

Ignore these hullabaloo from LASG.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chucsmoore(m): 5:24pm On Aug 12, 2020
davit:

You may be wrong though. With the traffic situation in Lagos, the app is not helping. I once took a trip on indriver from Agungi area to Magodo. Trip was agreed at 4k. Uber Bolt showed circa 5k. Mind you, we were on that trip for 6 hrs. Now tell me if it would have ended 5k if it was on bolt. Even with the commission, I m sure I would have taken home reasonable amount higher than what agreed on that day.

Tips incase of next time.

1. When you accept a request on a indriver always check your google map to check if there is traffic to riders destination or not before you proceed to their pick up point.

2. when you get to the riders pick up point, your ability to negotiate further comes into play. If there is traffic and U re willing to embark on the trip, try as much as possible to communicate to the rider in a polite manner about traffic situation enroute his or her destination. Asking for additional fare with sense of entitlement will spoil show. Instead make them understand the time estimate of the trip and distance, the loss you would incur if you embark on the trip. Try and use price comparison with other apps. Let the rider know is more expensive on Uber/Bolt. If the rider is not willing to add something reasonable to the fare. You may choose to cancel or not. And don't forget to state reason for cancellation because INDriver also block account like BOLT. This strategy has worked me 90%. Riders always adding something to the fare if there is traffic.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by manny656(m): 5:35pm On Aug 12, 2020
I hope you have Bolt driver account. Now is the time to drive exclusively for Bolt and make more money like Uche from Bolt will always email.

You will not get the Uber account back that's certain even if it's a system error. One of the major reasons accounts are blocked are due to converted offline trips or system assumed converted trips.

Get a Bolt account. Add Indriver. You will need to work extra harder now to gross 10k daily.

I wish you the best.

davit:
Guys, below is a message I got from Uber just now. I'm even still on a ride. What do you suggest I do?

Your account has been deactivated
Dear xxxxxxxxx

We refer to the Services Agreement terms.

We are writing to confirm that pursuant to clause 12.2(b) of the Services Agreement, we exercised our right to terminate the Services Agreement.

You have not met the Driver Requirements required by Uber to provide the Transportation Services described at clause 3.1 of the Services Agreement. Specifically due to fraudulent activity while using the Uber app.

Ending the Partnership

In accordance with our Community Guidelines (Local guidelines), the partnership with Uber was ended, and as such, you are no longer able to use any Driver App or Driver ID with immediate effect. You are not permitted to provide the transportation Services from this date.

Eligibility for Appeal

Unfortunately, this is a final decision, and you will not be granted the opportunity to appeal.

Return of Data

You must also immediately delete any Uber Data and fully remove the Driver App from your device.

Yours Sincerely,

Uber B.V.

I can't remember doing anything fraudulent. In fact, I hardly do trips on it these days cos of the low request. Also, they never mentioned Wetin I do ọ. Deactivated just like that?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 5:54pm On Aug 12, 2020
Crvrider:

Its not all Nigerians that are typical. More so, it could be a factor of different reasons:
Time of day
Rider is comfortable with your offer but decides to try
something lower first
Rider is running late
Plus rider is going to destination unfavorable to drivers, say sango ota.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 6:00pm On Aug 12, 2020
slamstanlee:

- must be brand new

Kindly ignore. They are speculations by bloggers.
The govt regulation does not have any effect on driver-partners but the app companies that have been failing to comply with the requirements to operate.
Why will uber/bolt be claiming to be remitting tax from the 25%/20% from every trip taken from us all this while? Yet, we are using all the amenities that other road users that pays tax uses.
Its just a pity that we only have a dead govt that go after the innocent drivers instead of dealing with the app companies.
Im only against the approach they are making by impounding driver's cars instead of shutting the app companies they have business with.
Besides, there is no official report from govt to all these speculations that flies around

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chucsmoore(m): 6:01pm On Aug 12, 2020
xana101:
How do I register on indriver please.
They don’t have a physical office yet so government can not clamp down on them like Uber and Bolt.
Registration is done on the app.

Download the app

Uploaded your car documents

Take the pics of car and upload

Take profile pics and upload

Waiting for 48hrs your account is active!

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sportFX: 6:05pm On Aug 12, 2020
shollywendy1:

Kindly ignore. They are speculations by bloggers.
The govt regulation does not have any effect on driver-partners but the app companies that have been failing to comply with the requirements to operate.
Why will uber/bolt be claiming to be remitting tax from the 25%/20% from every trip taken from us all this while? Yet, we are using all the amenities that other road users that pays tax uses.
Its just a pity that we only have a dead govt that go after the innocent drivers instead of dealing with the app companies.
Im only against the approach they are making by impounding driver's cars instead of shutting the app companies they have business with

Apt.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Olayetan(m): 6:12pm On Aug 12, 2020
I wasn't moving for the motion to fight against low fare cuz i know we have little or no say on the price mechanism but this case LAG government is bringing on us, we have to stand up and fight this together.

I feel if the government wants to impose any tax on us, they should do that directly to the app companies cuz they are already making money off us and they are the ones liable to pay tax, they claimed we are partners, fine, so how come we are to pay tax individually when we have a corporate body that binded us together.

The operational license fee imposed on the ride sharing company is reasonable and justifiable, the 25m operational licence shouldn't be there problem,
The 10m annual renewal of the operational license(Taxation) shouldn't be a problem for the company either, they make more from us annually so paying 10m isn't a big deal for them.

What we can't condone is the 10% on every service render to customers, maybe the government doesn't know that the 25m operational license and the annual renewal of 10m would be borne by us through the commission this app companies deduct from every service we render and they still want to deduct separately another 10%.

My message to His Excellency, Babajide Sanwo'olu is to reconsider this enforcement and ensure all taxation is directly imposed on the companies and not the individual drivers, because all the revenue this companies are making is directly coming from us and if any tax is to be levied on us, it should be directed to the body that binded us...

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Atk1nson(m): 6:18pm On Aug 12, 2020
Has anyone though about the possibility that the new policy is actually something that Uber will like (and possibly engineered by UBER).

Come to think of it, if only cars not older than 3 years after the year of manufacture are allowed, who will be on the road?

MOOVE - oldest car on Moove are 3 years old (2017 models), seems like a funny coincidence https://www.moove.africa/#explore-cars

It gives Uber the opportunity to recover the market share they lost to Bolt, while bolt drivers will be open to harassment from taskforce people.

The 20million per year isn't much when you consider the fact that UBER takes 25% of gross earning. for every N100,000 you make, Uber takes N25,000 and have probably 10s of thousands of drivers on their platform.

My piece of advice - look for at least a supplementary hussle or have a plan to keep out of the business while the market finds a new balance post-August 20th.

LASG treatment of Gokada is a foretelling that the government largely isn't concerned about public opinion when they have something in mind to do.

It is also a charge that Lagosians need to be more involved in elections because the government is largely comfortable as it has held power since 1999 and doesn't have to necessarily give a dam about what the public thinks (Lagos voter participation is less than 25% of registered voters)

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2901) (2902) (2903) (2904) (2905) (2906) (2907) ... (5704) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.