Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,834 members, 7,820,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2905) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4768442 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2902) (2903) (2904) (2905) (2906) (2907) (2908) ... (5695) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Olayetan(m): 6:25pm On Aug 12, 2020
Atk1nson:
Has anyone though about the possibility that the new policy is actually something that Uber will like (and possibly engineered by UBER).

Come to think of it, if only cars not older than 3 years after the year of manufacture are allowed, who will be on the road?

MOOVE

It gives Uber the opportunity to recover the market share they lost to Bolt, while bolt drivers will be open to harassment from taskforce people.

The 20million per year isn't much when you consider the fact that UBER takes 25% of gross earning. for every N100,000 you make, Uber takes N25,000 and have probably 10s of thousands of drivers on their platform.

My piece of advice - look for at least a supplementary hussle or have a plan to keep out of the business while the market finds a new balance post-August 20th.

LASG treatment of Gokada is a foretelling that the government largely isn't concerned about public opinion when they have something in mind to do.

It is also a charge that Lagosians need to be more involved in elections because the government is largely comfortable as it has held power since 1999 and doesn't have to necessarily give a dam about what the public thinks (Lagos voter participation is less than 25% of registered voters)

I doubt if uber is behind all this, and someone said the enforcement of accepting only car not more than 3years after its manufacture year is false being rumored by bloggers...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 6:28pm On Aug 12, 2020
Olayetan:
I wasn't moving for the motion to fight against low fare cuz i know we have little or no say on the price mechanism but this case LAG government is bringing on us, we have to stand up and fight this together.

I feel if the government wants to impose any tax on us, they should do that directly to the app companies cuz they are already making money off us and they are the ones liable to pay tax, they claimed we are partners, fine, so how come we are to pay tax individually when we have a corporate body that binded us together.

The operational license fee imposed on the ride sharing company is reasonable and justifiable, the 25m operational licence shouldn't be there problem,
The 10m annual renewal of the operational license(Taxation) shouldn't be a problem for the company either, they make more from us annually so paying 10m isn't a big deal for them.

What we can't condone is the 10% on every service render to customers, maybe the government doesn't know that the 25m operational license and the annual renewal of 10m would be borne by us through the commission this app companies deduct from every service we render and they still want to deduct separately another 10%.

My message to His Excellency, Babajide Sanwo'olu is to reconsider this enforcement and ensure all taxation is directly imposed on the companies and not the individual drivers, because all the revenue this companies are making is directly coming from us and if any tax is to be levied on us, it should be directed to the body that binded us...
LASG is not even disturbing drivers about paying tax directly. In as much uber/bolt claims dey are deductin tax from the 25%/20% taken from us on every trip. Reason why LASG is demanding 10% on the 25%/20%. Not from us.
E.g 25% of N1000 trip. Uber charges N250.
LASG is demanding 10% from that N250 uber has charged from us, which is N25 only. ( not 10% from the N1000 trip)
To me, uber/bolt are cunny and greedy. If they can charge 25%/20% from us easily and find it difficult to remit the little % to the Govt.
But, lot of people thinks govt is demanding 10% tax from us. No

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 6:29pm On Aug 12, 2020
donfortune48:

My account is still active.
I just decided not to use them for now.

Unless I find myself in pope191 's shoes one day.

Continue at donfortune48, shabi I'm now an illustration for bad example... I'll not say anything, just know that etelu ugba, etelu Ose grin dats all

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 6:33pm On Aug 12, 2020
pope191:

Continue at donfortune48, shabi I'm now an illustration for bad example... I'll not say anything, just know that etelu ugba, etelu Ose grin dats all
Lolz.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Olayetan(m): 6:36pm On Aug 12, 2020
shollywendy1:

LASG is not even disturbing drivers about paying tax directly. In as much uber/bolt claims dey are deductin tax from the 25%/20% taken from us on every trip. Reason why LASG is demanding 10% on the 25%/20%. Not from us.
LASG is demanding 10% from that N250 uber has charged from us, which is N25 only. ( not 10% from the N1000 trip)
To me, uber/bolt are cunny and greedy. If they can charge 25%/20% from us and find it difficult to remit the little % to the Govt.

I see no reason why government will demand for 10m annually and still want to collect 10% on every service.

They should come into resolution, either to be paying a certain amount annually as Tax and forfeit the 10% on every service or they choose to collect 3% - 5% on every service while they forfeit the latter one.

They can't have both together, only the 10% they intend collecting from every service is way too much inform of Tax.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ncnerio: 6:38pm On Aug 12, 2020
shollywendy1:

To me, uber/bolt are cunny and greedy. If they can charge 25%/20% from us easily and find it difficult to remit the little % to the Govt.
Even with this your explanation I'm sure most still won't get it. They read the whole thing or maybe they dint read and still miss the whole thing and misinterpret and misinform others. The big issue here is the way Lagos State choose to go after drivers as if they are scared of the app company themself that they claim to be after is just what I dont get.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 6:43pm On Aug 12, 2020
Olayetan:

I see no reason why government will demand for 10m annually and still want to collect 10% on every service.

They should come into resolution, either to be paying a certain amount annually as Tax and forfeit the 10% on every service or they choose to collect 3% - 5% on every service while they forfeit the latter one.

They can't have both together, only the 10% they intend collecting from every service is way too much inform of Tax.

Well, that one is between LASG and the app companies sha. I dnt have any conttibution on that provided, i was not there when they started
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 6:44pm On Aug 12, 2020
ncnerio:

Even with this your explanation I'm sure most still won't get it. They read the whole thing or maybe they dint read and still miss the whole thing and misinterpret and misinform others. The big issue here is the way Lagos State choose to go after drivers as if they are scared of the app company themself that they claim to be after is just what I dont get.
Exactly, what pisses me off abt the whole scenero.
Reason why i earlier said we have a dead Govt

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Olayetan(m): 6:45pm On Aug 12, 2020
ncnerio:

And don't you feel uber/bolt would want to separate the 10% LASG is demanding from their own %?

They may include the 10% separately and i read it somewhere that the 10% isn't to be removed from uber/bolt commission but from the service the drivers render directly to customers...

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 6:49pm On Aug 12, 2020
Olayetan:

And don't you feel uber/bolt would want to separate the 10% LASG is demanding from their own %?

They may include the 10% separately and i read it somewhere that the 10% isn't to be removed from uber/bolt commission but from the service the drivers render directly to customers...

Kindly ignore those speculations
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Olayetan(m): 6:54pm On Aug 12, 2020
ncnerio:

They can't go after them cuz they operate online, even if they goto their physical office, there's still nothing they can do cux the app would still function online.

In an advanced country, all they will do is restrict their access online, but we can't do that here and that's why they are venting their anger on the drivers...

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 7:01pm On Aug 12, 2020
@ famous.
I thank God for you.

But please, do something for me. Please, report her. please.

If they block her, even for one day, she won't try such again.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 7:02pm On Aug 12, 2020
chucsmoore:
Brotherly, one has to make hay while the sun shine. When Taxify started operations 3years ago in their 3 bedroom office at Admiralty Lekki beside forte oil and Tantalizers, I met the top goons of Bolt except Uche. Femi and Nonso were the ones handling the on boarding and training session back then. The treatment we got as driver-partner was exceptional compare to Uber. The pricing, commission, customer service and support was superb, At that time it was an honour to Taxify for drivers to drive on their platform, Account blocks were rare back then except for fraud related issues and major issues with riders. Now things have changed.
inDriver is doing all this to win drivers, No doubt I enjoy using their app. The freedom to skip and choose trips, offer your price and their open rating system is what I like about their app. I am more than 6 months on INDriver. I have not been ask to pay commission. I make average of 4-7k on INDriver daily. With combination of Bolt app totalling 12-15k. Now that INDriver is offering all these benefits, is good one makes good use of it before their policies start changing. They are growing so fast may be because is owned by RUSSIANs. Lagosians are using it in droves now. I am maximizing the use of their app before their policies starts becoming unfavorable. More registration of drivers on their platform will definitely effect change in policies

You're doing well, bro.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mistadayo(m): 7:56pm On Aug 12, 2020
So how much did he call the fuel pump alone. I'm interested. 2007 Corolla
ncnerio:

I had to double tripple scrutinized check your account name say no (.)dot in-between anywhere as foul play. Ha! Aunty Radu give me ladipo contact. The guy price over fair than all the rest self without bargaining just say he don close so na till Friday. Thanks big time. Appreciate.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 7:58pm On Aug 12, 2020
pope191:

Ukochukwu, biko ewena iwe.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Blackbishop(m): 8:08pm On Aug 12, 2020
shollywendy1:

Kindly ignore. They are speculations by bloggers.
The govt regulation does not have any effect on driver-partners but the app companies that have been failing to comply with the requirements to operate.
Why will uber/bolt be claiming to be remitting tax from the 25%/20% from every trip taken from us all this while? Yet, we are using all the amenities that other road users that pays tax uses.
Its just a pity that we only have a dead govt that go after the innocent drivers instead of dealing with the app companies.
Im only against the approach they are making by impounding driver's cars instead of shutting the app companies they have business with.
Besides, there is no official report from govt to all these speculations that flies around

Boss it's good to have you back
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 8:24pm On Aug 12, 2020
Blackbishop:

Boss it's good to have you back
Great to have you around too. God bless u
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Cheddaz: 8:30pm On Aug 12, 2020
What I'm still trying to figure out in my mind is the brand new cars or not later than 2017 models. No be this same Lagos them go dey run? With all the bad roads, floods and traffic coupled with low fares. No be the same road we go dey struggle with outdated private cars, molue, danfo and cabucabu. Abi we go get special lane? Im not understanding for third world country so.
shollywendy1:

Well, that one is between LASG and the app companies sha. I dnt have any conttibution on that provided, i was not there when they started

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 8:39pm On Aug 12, 2020
ncnerio:

I had to double tripple scrutinized check your account name say no (.)dot in-between anywhere as foul play. Ha! Aunty Radu give me ladipo contact. The guy price over fair than all the rest self without bargaining just say he don close so na till Friday. Thanks big time. Appreciate.
ROFL!! Yes, we know ladipo people. We refer customers to them when our parts are too much for them but we don't get involved. It's all about getting the customers what they need even if we can't provide it. Also, the guy is a good friend in the US's in-law and I know him to be honest.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 8:47pm On Aug 12, 2020
davit:
Na wa o. This ehailing work no be work ọ. You can be removed any time without notice. Wetin I do now, I no know. Abeg people still fully relying on it should have a rethink. I hope they will send my balance in their care sha?

Where you paid bonus last week? Promo seasons are usually when Uber block drivers more. If one or two requests you had last week looks shady, they will axe your account without pity. If you are new too in the system, you could be blocked out before you even start if they get too suspicious of your account and movements.They simply don't have any trust in you, it's called profiling, Uber is good at that.

Did you convert any trip to offline lately, not just yesterday? You have to know when and how to do this offline thing with Uber. Rider may agree but the system will see that you are still in that vicinity with rider and off with rider in the same car, going towards the same direction. It's so easy to detect this. The moment you go offline after trips, that app will track you for five to ten minutes. Sometimes, it follows your movement for almost twenty minutes. It's better not to go offline at all if you don't want a trip on Uber(what I do). Complete trips and only ask for offline on return trips. It's a little bit safer this way.

Your documents, pictures, are there discrepancies in any form? Look deeper bro and a little bit backwards, you may find out why you were blocked.

Forget about their Nigerian office, those guys only provide support services, you may be directed to an Uber security man who may not have a clue. The real tracking and blocking of account is done oversees like someone pointed out here. An in app message for further clarification may do. I seriously doubt if they will respond. Bid Uber goodbye and move to other apps.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 9:10pm On Aug 12, 2020
Thanks for your time. I just got a response from them. My account is blocked cos I operated rider's and driver's apps same time. Never knew this is wrong.
But it s late now.

Well, I got bonus last 2 weeks too
ndubuis:

Where you paid bonus last week? Promo seasons are usually when Uber block drivers more. If one or two requests you had last week looks shady, they will axe your account without pity. If you are new too in the system, you could be blocked out before you even start if they get too suspicious of your account and movements.They simply don't have any trust in you, it's called profiling, Uber is good at that.

Did you convert any trip to offline lately, not just yesterday? You have to know when and how to do this offline thing with Uber. Rider may agree but the system will see that you are still in that vicinity with rider and off with rider in the same car, going towards the same direction. It's so easy to detect this. The moment you go offline after trips, that app will track you for five to ten minutes. Sometimes, it follows your movement for almost twenty minutes. It's better not to go offline at all if you don't want a trip on Uber(what I do). Complete trips and only ask for offline on return trips. It's a little bit safer this way.

Your documents, pictures, are there discrepancies in any form? Look deeper bro and a little bit backwards, you may find out why you were blocked.

Forget about their Nigerian office, those guys only provide support services, you may be directed to an Uber security man who may not have a clue. The real tracking and blocking of account is done oversees like someone pointed out here. An in app message for further clarification may do. I seriously doubt if they will respond. Bid Uber goodbye and move to other apps.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by waks1(m): 9:34pm On Aug 12, 2020
radautoworks:

Ah, I see the misunderstanding. The hours is not based on how long we actually take. It's on how long the job should take an average competent technician. So if the industry standard is 3 hours and for some reason we take 10, you only pay for 3. Time to get parts etc is not charged to customer. For example, give me year and model for your car and I'll tell you how long it should take to do the steering rack.
@madam radauto, the @Babadee1900 knows what he's saying by puting caveat on the service charge o, I just checked u out on IG now and what I can only say is "fantastic" can I start getting my discount right from here biko. grin I need to pay u a visit for transmission diagnosis and solution.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mistadayo(m): 10:05pm On Aug 12, 2020
This shouldn't be a problem na.. I normally make request for my family member while on my driver's app and while on a trip. And it's not once or twice.
davit:
Thanks for your time. I just got a response from them. My account is blocked cos I operated rider's and driver's apps same time. Never knew this is wrong.
But it s late now.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 10:22pm On Aug 12, 2020
Well, their system says it is fraudulent.
mistadayo:
This shouldn't be a problem na.. I normally make request for my family member while on my driver's app and while on a trip. And it's not once or twice.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 10:22pm On Aug 12, 2020
Olayetan:

They can't go after them cuz they operate online, even if they goto their physical office, there's still nothing they can do cux the app would still function online.

In an advanced country, all they will do is restrict their access online, but we can't do that here and that's why they are venting their anger on the drivers...

Its even a state thing, and not at the federal government level. Lagos state cannot stop Nigerians from accessing the app online.

Lagos state gov is just being foolish. So what happens when we enter 2021? Will the 2017 cars become obsolete?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ncnerio: 10:27pm On Aug 12, 2020
mistadayo:
So how much did he call the fuel pump alone. I'm interested. 2007 Corolla
05 coro 12k for complete
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 11:05pm On Aug 12, 2020
davit:
But it s late now.

Yes, it is fraudulent to operate both riders and drivers app on the same IP address at the same time.

If you remember, last Christmas I hinted I was flagged for fraudulent use of the Uber app for this same reason and forfeited 3% bonus as penance for my sins.
Imagine doing a surge trip of 23k then and Uber collecting a whooping 25% as commission. sad

Always sign out of your riders/drivers app, when the other is in use.

Sorry for the loss.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 11:17pm On Aug 12, 2020
Crvrider:

Its even a state thing, and not at the federal government level. Lagos state cannot stop Nigerians from accessing the app online.

Lagos state gov is just being foolish. So what happens when we enter 2021? Will the 2017 cars become obsolete?
grin

2017/18 cars for cabs in a developing country....
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 11:27pm On Aug 12, 2020
donfortune48:

Ukochukwu, biko ewena iwe.

Ije awele

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 11:28pm On Aug 12, 2020
davit:
But it s late now.

Stay strong boss, ain't easy, I always go online when heavy heart now
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jaymejate: 11:53pm On Aug 12, 2020
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jaymejate: 11:54pm On Aug 12, 2020

(1) (2) (3) ... (2902) (2903) (2904) (2905) (2906) (2907) (2908) ... (5695) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.