Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,650 members, 7,813,194 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:28 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2926) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4737436 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2923) (2924) (2925) (2926) (2927) (2928) (2929) ... (5689) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by valenti12(m): 10:42am On Aug 19, 2020
odimbannamdi:

I am ready to press the report button on that guy. Let us locate a particular post where he clearly violated the guiding principles of Nairaland usage and let us unanimously report him via that post.

It is high time we do something about him... angry

My man, let's all learn to accommodate difference. He is pitching good points also. Insultive sometimes as well. My point is let's learn to endure. Humanity is so complex, no be only here you go see him type. Perish the report idea

10 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 10:55am On Aug 19, 2020
radautoworks:
You guys do know that all it takes to get rid of someone constantly derailing is to use the report button right? If enough do it they get banned from the thread and/or section?

Sweet heart I really do not see how jpworld is derailing. The thread says, "If you're uber partner in Lagos, please share your experience". The last time I checked a partner could be a car owner or driver or car ownerdriver. I just feel we should just cut the guy some slack. He is who he is, saying things as it is which hurt a lot of people here.

Part of the experience the thread has asked that we share encompasses everything: your earnings (good/bad). [If you have a bad day today as a driver/partner is that not your exeperince, how about a good day!?].

My advice, we should just try to understand ourselves contextually. His view point and how he chooses to address issues may differ from yours but does that make him wrong?

Please let us enjoy the thread meant for both drivers and partners as it was not stated other wise.

13 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 11:11am On Aug 19, 2020
dru23:

My brother driving manual for uber or taxi work ..no be beans, with Lagos traffic etc .. The clutch will likely wear out faster.. Manual cars are cheap in the USA and am sure also all around the world....... To dey use manual for uber or taxi wrk, it get as it be ... At the end of the day every Aboki with his kettle.....

I think his argument was that if luxurydriver's 400k car could possibly do the work, 800k can't be bad after all.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 11:13am On Aug 19, 2020
Bro, you're doing well. While some are taking years to recoup their investment because if it isn't 2m worth of car, it is not good enough for uber, you've recouped your investment in 3 months.
Stay blessed.

Luxurydriverng:

A car of 4m can also over heat, the problem was the radiator fan relay which I fixed with 700 naira.

We are just too quick to condem other brands of cars. I am using the car and no issues intact the car is superb

And off record I have made back my investment (money used to buy the car) in less than 3months now I'm just making profit off the car which makes more business sense

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 11:19am On Aug 19, 2020
I have come to realize we are quick to shalaye on business or personal choices we make when we really don't owe anyone an explanation....

What works for you as a business choice may not work for another ....

We don't have to give reasons or try to find comfort in explaining how far a business choice is going... NA your cross... angry wink

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by odimbannamdi(m): 11:24am On Aug 19, 2020
I had wanted to share an experience i indirectly witnessed last week, but i got overtaken by events till i forgot. I will share it now.

I am neither an owner or driver partner, but I must confess that since i began frequenting this thread and reading experiences from people, my street-smartness has sort of increased and i have become more aware of my environment especially when i am moving around.

I had earlier read 2 experiences from folks here about how they got accosted by men claiming to be SARS officials and their riders accused of being "yahoo-boys" and made to part with some money. So, last week i was heading to Ojuelegba, enroute Luth. I am quite new to driving around Lagos, so i took a wrong route around Fadeyi side or so. I went under the bridge, instead of up, so i found myself in Jibowu. There was traffic close the right turn i was to take to get back on track.

As i was stationary, activities around this red Corolla to my right caught my attention. I observed there were 4 normal looking guys (excluding the driver who was still on his seat) and another 4 mean-looking hefty guys with black nose mask pulled to their jaw regions.

2 of the mean-looking guys were checking the phones of 2 of the normal-looking guys. Then a third one was searching the vehicle and he asked the driver, at some point, to alight and open his boot. Then the 4th one was doing like he was taking pictures and making calls.

As soon as i beheld the sight, i immediately remembered the incidences i had read here and i knew that this was definitely another one playing out. The traffic lasted for about 5 mins or less so i could not see the end of it all as i had to move on. But trust me, the sight no palatable at all.

I think new entrants into the e-hailing business in Lagos should avoid Corolla vehicles. They are obviously an easy target for these guys. Also, if you can talk your riders into sitting in front with you, it will make sense in reducing suspicion that you are e-hailing.

Stay safe, guys!

15 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 12:00pm On Aug 19, 2020
Slickleo:
Abeg wetin dy happen today only 2 trip since 6:30am
Thought I was the only one...Left home early, before 830, I’ve completed three trips. From that time till now nothing.

From Bourdillon I went to Raymond Njoku, stayed 30mins there, nothing. I said to myself, ‘why you they dull shebi road free go Lagos Island Na make you go chop Ajah trip’. Fired down to Oando Marina and scoped the Chicken Republic security so as to park, I do that always and under five minutes I’m out with a quality trip. Today 25 minutes passed no show.

I just blow empty from there come house. Till tomorrow abeg.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 12:01pm On Aug 19, 2020
Luxurydriverng:

This is not why the government is coming for we drivers, what dey will do is already pre planned

Good one.

But you should also remind viewers that the revenue is " gross" and not " net".

Also,remind the viewers that the supposed jackpot happens once in a while, its not the norm.

We 'v all had our golden moments with d apps....

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nwizu042: 12:31pm On Aug 19, 2020
Luxurydriverng:

This is not why the government is coming for we drivers, what dey will do is already pre planned

As per government officer that you are na.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Luxurydriverng: 12:37pm On Aug 19, 2020
northbird:

Good one.

But you should also remind viewers that the revenue is " gross" and not " net".

Also,remind the viewers that the supposed jackpot happens once in a while, its not the norm.

We 'v all had our golden moments with d apps....

Clearly stated in a video which I explained my earnings

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Luxurydriverng: 12:42pm On Aug 19, 2020
peeps4u:
Bro, you're doing well. While some are taking years to recoup their investment because if it isn't 2m worth of car, it is not good enough for uber, you've recouped your investment in 3 months.
Stay blessed.

Thanks man, the truth is that it is not worth using a car worth millions for this taxi business, when I was driving the Mercedes some trips annoys me to my bone marrows. To carry along self people ppl go dey fear to enter.

But with the nissan I don't feel it when I end trip and see 700 naira or 500 naira, I just say in my mind "how much you even buy the moto"

I bearly use up to 4 litter of engine oil for servicing, oil filter is 700 naira. It is really a big relief not to even talk of how much I save on fuelling.

Buying this car was a very good decision I made.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Slickleo: 12:55pm On Aug 19, 2020
Luxurydriverng:

Thanks man, the truth is that it is not worth using a car worth millions for this taxi business, when I was driving the Mercedes some trips annoys me to my bone marrows. To carry along self people ppl go dey fear to enter.

But with the nissan I don't feel it when I end trip and see 700 naira or 500 naira, I just say in my mind "how much you even buy the moto"

I bearly use up to 4 litter of engine oil for servicing, oil filter is 700 naira. It is really a big relief not to even talk of how much I save on fuelling.

And ur car is 2009 model abi?, no be some 2003 car person dy almost use 2m buy wan come kill person pikin for rental abi HP because the parts full every Street for Lagos abi Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chinyce(m): 1:00pm On Aug 19, 2020
Luxurydriverng:

I never new this was possible. Its an encouragement. Car owners will Drive their own cars soon.

I quite remember those days of your luxury Benz. You posted the interior of the Benz here. Every one was envious, atleast I was.

N1m vehicle makes no sense in this business at all. Majority of the car owners who were not well advised are trying to pass the frustration on the Drivers, like its our fault. This argument on accurate remittance will never end, its only starting, as we can see.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by stacyadams: 1:02pm On Aug 19, 2020
odimbannamdi:
I had wanted to share an experience i indirectly witnessed last week, but i got overtaken by events till i forgot. I will share it now.

I am neither an owner or driver partner, but I must confess that since i began frequenting this thread and reading experiences from people, my street-smartness has sort of increased and i have become more aware of my environment especially when i am moving around.

I had earlier read 2 experiences from folks here about how they got accosted by men claiming to be SARS officials and their riders accused of being "yahoo-boys" and made to part with some money. So, last week i was heading to Ojuelegba, enroute Luth. I am quite new to driving around Lagos, so i took a wrong route around Fadeyi side or so. I went under the bridge, instead of up, so i found myself in Jibowu. There was traffic close the right turn i was to take to get back on track.

As i was stationary, activities around this red Corolla to my right caught my attention. I observed there were 4 normal looking guys (excluding the driver who was still on his seat) and another 4 mean-looking hefty guys with black nose mask pulled to their jaw regions.

2 of the mean-looking guys were checking the phones of 2 of the normal-looking guys. Then a third one was searching the vehicle and he asked the driver, at some point, to alight and open his boot. Then the 4th one was doing like he was taking pictures and making calls.

As soon as i beheld the sight, i immediately remembered the incidences i had read here and i knew that this was definitely another one playing out. The traffic lasted for about 5 mins or less so i could not see the end of it all as i had to move on. But trust me, the sight no palatable at all.

I think new entrants into the e-hailing business in Lagos should avoid Corolla vehicles. They are obviously an easy target for these guys. Also, if you can talk your riders into sitting in front with you, it will make sense in reducing suspicion that you are e-hailing.

Stay safe, guys!
grin grin grin can any good tin come outta trench town?BOB MARLEY came,,

Can any good tin come outta driving corolla in lagos?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 1:04pm On Aug 19, 2020
valenti12:

My man, let's all learn to accommodate difference. He is pitching good points also. Insultive sometimes as well. My point is let's learn to endure. Humanity is so complex, no be only here you go see him type. Perish the report idea
I don't understand, so people should go about and be misbehaving even insulting others in the name of humanity is complex?
Even nairaland we are using have rules, so if go against the rules you face the music.
Nobody is here to manage illmannered persons or care for persons that have refused to behave.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 1:30pm On Aug 19, 2020
Gentlelife50:

I don't understand, so people should go about and be misbehaving even insulting others in the name of humanity is complex?
Even nairaland we are using have rules, so if go against the rules you face the music.
Nobody is here to manage illmannered persons or care for persons that have refused to behave.

Reading most of the replies to his post accused him of being bitter, yet a lot of our post towards him where also bitter....the vicious circle continues.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shepherdchurch: 1:34pm On Aug 19, 2020
I stand with you. Drivers do not like it when someone comes here and report the true state of the ehailing business. Dru23 was constantly attacked here for the doing what you're doing. They even discourage fellow drivers from posting their earnings.
However, you need to apologise to Madam Radu for insulting her. There was no need for that. Let love lead.

jpworld:

If what i wrote deserve banned, then u calling me evil soul deserve to be thrown in hell.

I have been called all sorts of names 4 alerting owners, that rental for 20k, drivers are asking is pure cheating.

Let me remind u ban or no ban, it doesn't take away my cars or things that belong to me.

I will keep posting updates with what the market says.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 1:36pm On Aug 19, 2020
Crvrider:

Reading most of the replies to his post accused him of being bitter, yet a lot of our post towards him where also bitter....the vicious circle continues.
Same applies to every other person doing so, a lot of people do come here with contrary opinion yet they express themselves and nobody fight them.
He can always make his point in a cool way, I don't care about whatever he have to say after all I am not working with him.
But I was slighted when he just keep insulting others, he is not the first he will soon fixle out like others before him.
No be today, it's just normal because he is a fleet manager.
The higher the rental the better for him, after three layers of people have to feed on a particular vehicle if it's managed by an agent.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Luxurydriverng: 1:42pm On Aug 19, 2020
Slickleo:

And ur car is 2009 model abi?, no be some 2003 car person dy almost use 2m buy wan come kill person pikin for rental abi HP because the parts full every Street for Lagos abi Nigeria.

It 2010 actually, the car has quite a lot of electrical. The owner sold it due to hard start issues, I scanned it and discovered it was the Cramshaft POSITIONING sensor (which I made a vlog on, link attached) I bought the sensor 3k and replaced it myself and ever since then it's a smooth ride

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjszpqaNaCo

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Oluwabengz(m): 1:47pm On Aug 19, 2020
Luxurydriverng:

A car of 4m can also over heat, the problem was the radiator fan relay which I fixed with 700 naira.

We are just too quick to condem other brands of cars. I am using the car and no issues intact the car is superb

And off record I have made back my investment (money used to buy the car) in less than 3months now I'm just making profit off the car which makes more business sense

Did you bought the car for 400k ? Just curious.

If you bought the car for 400k with nothing to fix(I mean A/c, gear and engine in good condition) and you have recoup your investment in less than three months, that makes great business sense to me bro. Thumbs up

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Oluwabengz(m): 1:50pm On Aug 19, 2020
Babadee1900:
Stop eeet grin

Issokey grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chucsmoore(m): 2:04pm On Aug 19, 2020
Luxurydriverng:

It 2010 actually, the car has quite a lot of electrical. The owner sold it due to hard start issues, I scanned it and discovered it was the Cramshaft POSITIONING sensor (which I made a vlog on, link attached) I bought the sensor 3k and replaced it myself and ever since then it's a smooth ride

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjszpqaNaCo
. That's a smart one. Kudos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jpworld(m): 2:06pm On Aug 19, 2020
shepherdchurch:
I stand with you. Drivers do not like it when someone comes here and report the true state of the ehailing business. Dru23 was constantly attacked here for the doing what you're doing. They even discourage fellow drivers from posting their earnings.
However, you need to apologise to Madam Radu for insulting her. There was no need for that. Let love lead.

Apolo wetin?

What i said about madam radautoworks is not an insult, it's an assumption.

Only thing i have done is call most drivers vampire, (which they are)and it was not pointed at anybody.

Gentlelife50 you're acting like my jss1 class captain. my broda i don't manage people's vehicles i own them.

If u want to count people that have been successful in this business u will count me, owning above 10 cars no be beans, after starting with 3 cars, i take my business very serious like my life depend on it.

I have been on nairaland since 2009, some drivers insulting me here are still sucking their mom breast when we started using nairaland.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by coded28: 2:10pm On Aug 19, 2020
odimbannamdi:

Guys, we can start with this.

I am reporting it now. Once i do, it will leave my end, but will still be visible to others. Let us do it to save the sanity of this thread, biko. One person cannot hold all of us to hostage na.

Reported for violating Rule 2

I've done that also....
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 2:17pm On Aug 19, 2020
Crvrider:

Sweet heart I really do not see how jpworld is derailing. The thread says, "If you're uber partner in Lagos, please share your experience". The last time I checked a partner could be a car owner or driver or car ownerdriver. I just feel we should just cut the guy some slack. He is who he is, saying things as it is which hurt a lot of people here.

Part of the experience the thread has asked that we share encompasses everything: your earnings (good/bad). [If you have a bad day today as a driver/partner is that not your exeperince, how about a good day!?].

My advice, we should just try to understand ourselves contextually. His view point and how he chooses to address issues may differ from yours but does that make him wrong?

Please let us enjoy the thread meant for both drivers and partners as it was not stated other wise.

I'm talking about the unnecessary attacks on drivers and family especially. There IS a NL rule against that. If he wants to make imaginery comments about his fleet, it has to do with Uber but the uncouthness does not and you guys don't have to deal with it. Better than insulting back and forth.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jpworld(m): 2:18pm On Aug 19, 2020
Gentlelife50:

Same applies to every other person doing so, a lot of people do come here with contrary opinion yet they express themselves and nobody fight them.
He can always make his point in a cool way, I don't care about whatever he have to say after all I am not working with him.
But I was slighted when he just keep insulting others, he is not the first he will soon fixle out like others before him.
No be today, it's just normal because he is a fleet manager.
The higher the rental the better for him, after three layers of people have to feed on a particular vehicle if it's managed by an agent.

I have met u in real life, and i know u as someone that is sometimes very sneaky. I'm the 1st person u called oga in uber business.

The only thing that is paining u people, is I'm alerting owners of wat is obtainable in the market.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jpworld(m): 2:22pm On Aug 19, 2020
radautoworks:

I'm talking about the unnecessary attacks on drivers and family especially. There IS a NL rule against that. If he wants to make imagine comments about his new worth, it has to do with Uber but the uncouthness does not and you guys don't have to deal with it

Show me the attack on drivers?

Then try to open a little bit of ur eyes and see if you will see how they're insulting me.

Im still waiting 4 the ban

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by omorkelly(m): 2:30pm On Aug 19, 2020
jpworld:

I have met u in real life, and i know u as someone that is sometimes very sneaky. I'm the 1st person u called oga in uber business.

The only thing that is paining u people, is I'm alerting owners of wat is obtainable in the market.
Ni

It seems 40% of NL drivers have worked for you directly or otherwise. You have really tried.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Luxurydriverng: 2:33pm On Aug 19, 2020
Oluwabengz:

Did you bought the car for 400k ? Just curious.

If you bought the car for 400k with nothing to fix(I mean A/c, gear and engine in good condition) and you have recoup your investment in less than three months, that makes great business sense to me bro. Thumbs up

The car was bought brand new by an Indian man with 74,000 on the odometer, the man probably got frustrated with our try and error mechanics and decided to sell it.

I replaced the AC condenser as the car had a minor accident that affected the condenser. I also changed the cramshaft POSITIONING sensor and that was all.

The engine is in mint condition however I will need to replace the clutch disk soon.

And by the way the original price is 395,000 I just rounded it up to 400k

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Luxurydriverng: 2:41pm On Aug 19, 2020
dru23:

Do u know that luxurydriverng drives a manual?

How far baba, send me WhatsApp message I been lost my phone with all contacts.

Thanks for the other time
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by promskid28: 2:42pm On Aug 19, 2020
Please oo, my people I'm a responsible and reliable bolt driver, I'm looking for a car owner partner, pls if u have or knw anyone that's looking for ehailing driver pls contact me

Whatsapp or call
Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by odimbannamdi(m): 2:46pm On Aug 19, 2020
stacyadams:
grin grin grin can any good tin come outta jamaica?BOB MARLEY came,,

Can any good tin come outta driving corolla in lagos?

grin

Fuel economy came

(1) (2) (3) ... (2923) (2924) (2925) (2926) (2927) (2928) (2929) ... (5689) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: skillip(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.