Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,214 members, 7,853,132 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 11:39 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2958) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4857776 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2955) (2956) (2957) (2958) (2959) (2960) (2961) ... (5717) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 7:36pm On Aug 27, 2020
Please guys my car just started acting up 2days ago.

Issue:
When I go down hard on the gas pedal, at 40-60mph the car starts to jerk and making a whistle sound and this continues until i release the pedal. Please what could be wrong?

What I have tried:
The nozzles where serviced today but the issue still persisted.
Spark plugs had already been changed at an earlier date due to a different reason

Thanks.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Slickleo: 7:59pm On Aug 27, 2020
Felicity0001:

Hmm... Wicked partners arising everyday. My brother stop being ignorant and fooled around. Press charges against him/her.

This is a case of good turned bad. That your partner was never a good person before so stop thinking he was. Come to think of it self[b] you don't have right to sell off the car oh, its a trap[/b] so don't make the mistake of putting the car on sale else he will murder you in court because the clause states property belongs to him/her till you finish payment.

The only place you've a case is this. If You're sure the contract started that the car was a direct tok but you later discover it was instead bought a 9ja used and you have proof to back this up then you can sue him/her on the ground of deceit and falsehood, calibrate intention to dwindle through hard labour. Get a good lawyer, get all the proof the car which you signed for HP as tok was rather 9ja use. Let you lawyer file a comprehensive report with compensation and mail to him then watch how he wee on his panties.

If he doesn't dance to your tone then head to court. I assure you, you'll win and he will pay you damages that will be enough to buy you a brand new car.

Seek a professional advice on this.

But b4 you take that line of action go to him with your guarantors and make him see reasons why you can't proceed with the contract again and that you are not giving him any money anymore because they car he gave you was a 9ja use car which he didnt tell you. You guys should first try and talk things over like men. But if this doesn't work then opt for the plan B up there. But mind make sure you've your proofs and evidence before you let him know any thing ooh.

But you self, how come you carry car without knowing its a 9ja use? Are you a leaner? Every tok car has a unique scent/smell. You self fuckup ooh. From the document self you should also know especially the custom papers will tell you when the car entered 9ja. Otundo driver. Na drivers like you jpworld get as drivers. You no smart at all.

But anyhow shall you go dey alright Las las.

Jpworld is his partner advice him in private grin

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 8:14pm On Aug 27, 2020
MeshachMARTINS:
well it's for the looks, not everyone likes a boring looking car, and not everyone can afford a mustang cheesy read the main(write-up) post well, you'd understand my view
I read it but Uber is definitely not the market for this IMO.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 8:32pm On Aug 27, 2020
Slickleo:

abeg oooh drop me for ground oh I no wear pant oh

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 8:47pm On Aug 27, 2020
Anyone with an update on the zoom meeting. As regards Bolt.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 8:49pm On Aug 27, 2020
Crvrider:

Issue:
When I go down hard on the gas pedal, at 40-60mph the car starts to jerk and making a whistle sound and this continues until i release the pedal. Please what could be wrong?

What I have tried:
The nozzles where serviced today but the issue still perssted.

Thanks.
Could be fuel related. Dirty/Clogged fuel filter, weak fuel pump and more.... mine’s been acting up for days too, this morning I took out the fuel pump assy and cleaned it (it was very dirty)

Car runs great afterwards.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 9:06pm On Aug 27, 2020
Crvrider:

Issue:

What I have tried:
Spark plugs had already been changed at an earlier date due to a different reason

Thanks.
Have you checked the coils?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 9:29pm On Aug 27, 2020
deedee44:

Have you checked the coils?

Nope
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by morax101(m): 9:29pm On Aug 27, 2020
Crvrider:

Issue:

What I have tried:

Thanks.

This can be likened to fuel pump from my own experience.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 9:33pm On Aug 27, 2020
Slickleo:

Abi ooo grin cheesy, this one everybody is working for him.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by stacyadams: 9:35pm On Aug 27, 2020
Slickleo:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 9:41pm On Aug 27, 2020
morax101:

This can be likened to fuel pump from my own experience.

Many thanks for your response. Just spoke to my mech now and he said he'll need to look at the fuel pump. Will have to use the car the way it is for two days. Uber activated my acct today, so I'll like to work with it tomorrow for the first time.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 10:38pm On Aug 27, 2020
https://nairametrics.com/2020/08/26/is-forex-trading-legal-in-nigeria/

Pros and cons if you're thinking if this as a side hustle.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MeshachMARTINS(m): 11:03pm On Aug 27, 2020
radautoworks:
I read it but Uber is definitely not the market for this IMO.
ok o, but occasionally I guess...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 12:06am On Aug 28, 2020
Crvrider:

Nope
Try and check the coils, it sounds like the engine misfires when you try to accelerate beyond a certain speed. The check light is supposed to blink for a few seconds anytime that happens
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ekehopp: 12:08am On Aug 28, 2020
With the resumption of International flights moved from Aug 29th to Sept 5th due to logistics. Me thinks we can expect curfew to be called off too by next lockdown review. As Time Zone nature of International movement works best outside lockdown restrictions.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 1:01am On Aug 28, 2020
deedee44:

Try and check the coils, it sounds like the engine misfires when you try to accelerate beyond a certain speed. The check light is supposed to blink for a few seconds anytime that happens

I have not taken note if the check engine light blinks anytime it happens. Will try and observe tomorrow. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 1:03am On Aug 28, 2020
ekehopp:
With the resumption of International flights moved from Aug 29th to Sept 5th due to logistics. Me thinks we can expect curfew to be called off too by next lockdown review. As Time Zone nature of International movement works best outside lockdown restrictions.

Good observation. The curfew bad for business gan.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jaymejate: 5:53am On Aug 28, 2020
Where can someone borrow money? Up to 250k? I've not noticed any lately.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Blossomayo: 6:39am On Aug 28, 2020
Crvrider:

...and the permit is in whose name, yours or his?

His name
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 6:48am On Aug 28, 2020
Crvrider:

Many thanks for your response. Just spoke to my mech now and he said he'll need to look at the fuel pump. Will have to use the car the way it is for two days. Uber activated my acct today, so I'll like to work with it tomorrow for the first time.
Congratulations and welcome onboard to the best ehailing app where you get value and respect for every service rendered and money earn.

But I'd advise you first fix your car so as to avoid low rating, no one likes to be stranded on the highway or run late for a meeting/appointment.

Speaking from experience.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 6:52am On Aug 28, 2020
jaymejate:
Where can someone borrow money? Up to 250k? I've not noticed any lately.
If you have a good transaction on your account for the past 6 months then you can try specta.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 7:13am On Aug 28, 2020
Felicity0001:

Congratulations and welcome onboard to the best ehailing app where you get value and respect for every service rendered and money earn.

But I'd advise you first fix your car so as to avoid low rating, no one likes to be stranded on the highway or run late for a meeting/appointment.

Speaking from experience.

Thanks for the advice, will do exactly as you've adviced. Was taking some riders to alpha beach when it started, would not have been a pleasant experience if the car had messed up on that day.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 8:20am On Aug 28, 2020
Crvrider:

Good observation. The curfew bad for business gan.

I tell you. Was at magodo around 8.30pm yest day.

Saw a trip going to Ikoyi. I let it slide. On a normal day, dt one na sweet trip cos 25-30 mins tops I don finish dt trip.

Na to Turn back again n set destination for mainland. But the fear of d mad traffic embarassedI wud meet going back made me hv a rethink....

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 9:59am On Aug 28, 2020
deedee44:

Thanks at DeeDee44 Kaz, I've been having similar issue... The car kind of select roads, like it drives smoothly on some and kind of drag on some especially new tarred road. If I go beyond 40 , d check light will blink few times and go office, some times the car jerk and I feel the vibration in my body. I've made up my mind towards the gear if the eventual happens, but next week, I'll check the coil and fuel pump. I'm not bothered tho, it takes a bad car to tell Madam Rad skills grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ojbanja: 10:09am On Aug 28, 2020
*WHAT NEXT⁉️*

*UBERBOLT SAID WE SHOULD GO AND GET BADGES AND TAGS BY OURSELVES*

*THEY SAID THEY CAN'T INCREASE OUR PRICE, INFACT, DURING THE ROUND TABLE BOLT TOLD US THEY HAVE PLAN TO REDUCE THEIR PRICE*

*COMMISSIONAL CAME ON AIR TO SUPPORT BOLT BY TELLING US TO GET THE BADGES FROM MOT, AGAINST WHAT WAS DISCUSSED IN THE MEETING.*

*DURING THE MEETINGS WITH MOT, WE WERE TOLD THOSE RESPONSIBILITIES WHERE SHIFTED ON US BECAUSE APP COYS SAID THE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR US*

*IF GOVERNMENT IS AFRAID OF UBERBOLT, THEN WE MUST TELL BOTH THE GOVERNMENT AND UBERBOLT THAT WE ARE NO MORE HELPLESS �*

*SO�*

*ON MONDAY WE ALL BE AT PROVIDENCE STREET LEKKI, PRESS MEN WILL BE ON GROUND TO COVER OUR ACTIONS*

*WE WON'T GO ONLINE ON MONDAY, WE WILL BE AT LEKKI TO SEND OUT A WARNING MESSAGE TO GOVERNMENT AND ALL APP COMPANIES*

*WE SAY NO TO BADGES AND TAGS����*

*WE SAY NO TO ROUND TABLE BRIEFINGS, WE WANT A PROPER MEETING WITH RELEVANT BODY AS ADVICED BY THE GOVERNOR���*

*WE WANT A RE-EVALUATION OF OUR PRICES���*

*WE ARE NO MORE HELPLESS, WE MUST STAND AND FIGHT ALL THESE IRREGULARITIES, WE MUST SEND A MESSAGE TO GOVERNMENT AND THE APP COMPANIES���*

*❌❌❌ NO TO TAGS�*
*❌❌❌ NO TO BADGES�*
*❌❌❌NO TO INDIVIDUAL ENGAGEMENTS*

*WE WILL SEND OUT A STRONG WARNING ON MONDAY THROUGH TV PROTEST������*

*....UNITED WE ARE STRONGER*

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 10:13am On Aug 28, 2020
pope191:

Thanks at DeeDee44 Kaz, I've been having similar issue... The car kind of select roads, like it drives smoothly on some and kind of drag on some especially new tarred road. If I go beyond 40 , d check light will blink few times and go office, some times the car jerk and I feel the vibration in my body. I've made up my mind towards the gear if the eventual happens, but next week, I'll check the coil and fuel pump. I'm not bothered tho, it takes a bad car to tell Madam Rad skills grin
Are you saying I am kazeem? grin grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 10:34am On Aug 28, 2020
ojbanja:
*WHAT NEXT⁉️*

*THEY SAID THEY CAN'T INCREASE OUR PRICE, INFACT, DURING THE ROUND TABLE BOLT TOLD US THEY HAVE PLAN TO REDUCE THEIR PRICE*

*COMMISSIONAL CAME ON AIR TO SUPPORT BOLT BY TELLING US TO GET THE BADGES FROM MOT, AGAINST WHAT WAS DISCUSSED IN THE MEETING.*

*DURING THE MEETINGS WITH MOT, WE WERE TOLD THOSE RESPONSIBILITIES WHERE SHIFTED ON US BECAUSE APP COYS SAID THE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR US*

*IF GOVERNMENT IS AFRAID OF UBERBOLT, THEN WE MUST TELL BOTH THE GOVERNMENT AND UBERBOLT THAT WE ARE NO MORE HELPLESS �*

*SO�*

*ON MONDAY WE ALL BE AT PROVIDENCE STREET LEKKI, PRESS MEN WILL BE ON GROUND TO COVER OUR ACTIONS*

*WE WON'T GO ONLINE ON MONDAY, WE WILL BE AT LEKKI TO SEND OUT A WARNING MESSAGE TO GOVERNMENT AND ALL APP COMPANIES*

*WE SAY NO TO ROUND TABLE BRIEFINGS, WE WANT A PROPER MEETING WITH RELEVANT BODY AS ADVICED BY THE GOVERNOR���*

*WE ARE NO MORE HELPLESS, WE MUST STAND AND FIGHT ALL THESE IRREGULARITIES, WE MUST SEND A MESSAGE TO GOVERNMENT AND THE APP COMPANIES���*

*❌❌❌ NO TO TAGS�*
*❌❌❌ NO TO BADGES�*

Abuja loading.... grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 10:59am On Aug 28, 2020
Guys, lastma officials are all out these days to make arrests. They are in every corner looking for who to devour. If you re coming from 3rd Mainland Bridge and want to connect Osborne, never enter the bend before Obalende through your left. Always maintain the right lane. If you use left lane, LASTMA guys are there who will arrest saying you took one way. I don't understand how that s one way.
I kinda fell for that this morning. But goodwill rescued me. So watch out for them there. In fact anywhere you see them on the road, know that they re not there to control traffic. Na money dem dey look for. It is so bad though.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Weightless: 11:01am On Aug 28, 2020
ojbanja:
*WHAT NEXT⁉️*

*SO�*

*❌❌❌ NO TO TAGS�*
*❌❌❌ NO TO BADGES�*

Nigerians and betrayal are like 5 and 6, most of this drivers will still on their apps on Monday, dat why the country will remain backward becoz dey only think of the present not the future, after eating the present there will be nothing left for the future.
Question we should be asking lagos state govt is why so many levies on the drivers, there is lasdri,hackney nd now 2 more only in lagos alone.
Uber and bolt should either reduce their commissions or all drivers should look for a way of coming together and reason as one by find a way of creating a new similar app that will rival both bolt and uber with less commission.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 11:02am On Aug 28, 2020
ojbanja:
*WHAT NEXT⁉️*

*SO�*

*❌❌❌ NO TO TAGS�*
*❌❌❌ NO TO BADGES�*

Isn't jpworld supposed to be the frontier of this campaign? with all your village head master skills and agidi you suppose to be the one to champion this fight against the govt n ehailing COYs because to the best of my knowledge you have more than 100 cars that delivery 27-35k weekly to you so even if you're not fighting for the common man at least you should be doing it for yourself and business so rental can be increase to 45k.

Angryibodon Angryibodon, where are thou? This is the time the whole of lagos needs to know you because you've to come out and prove to us all you're truly the one behind all those big big Oxford grammar and attacks on people's personality, integrity and business. Come out on Monday let's make history together.

Who else, oh! Our president the man with the sensible words, calm, full of intelligent, humor and respect. Baba Izzou we know you're just 16 but trust me we need you now!

Biggleaf, carshopper, godfather10 (the only man that operates uber all the way from the UK), baba Dru23 we are calling on you to be the leader to those of us in diasporagrin your voice is also needed. Thank you Sir.

Who is left oooh....?

Aunty rad I no won call your name b4 ooh make dam no say I too dey complain and also dey eye you but I'll be the greatest hippopotamus of our time if I no mention your name, mama d mama we need your support in the area of broadcasting to the world. Thank you ma'am.

Oga GAZZUZZ! Hmm! Out of thread!

To all others your name wasn't mention pls you're are all also needed. Thank you Sirs.gringrin

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:10am On Aug 28, 2020
Felicity0001:

Isn't jpworld supposed to be the frontier of this campaign? with all your village head master skills and agidi you suppose to be the one to champion this fight against the govt n ehailing COYs because to the best of my knowledge you have more than 100 cars that delivery 27-35k weekly to you so even if you're not fighting for the common man at least you should be doing it for yourself and business so rental can be increase to 45k.

Angryibodon Angryibodon, where are thou? This is the time the whole of lagos needs to know you because you've to come out and prove to us all you're truly the one behind all those big big Oxford grammar and attacks on people's personality, integrity and business. Come out on Monday let's make history together.

Who else, oh! Our president the man with the sensible words, calm, full of intelligent, humor and respect. Baba Izzou we know you're just 16 but trust me we need you now!

Biggleaf, carshopper, godfather10 (the only man that operates uber all the way from the UK), baba Dru23 we are calling on you to be the leader to those of us in diasporagrin your voice is also needed. Thank you Sir.

Who is left oooh....?

Aunty rad I no won call your name b4 ooh make dam no say I too dey complain and also dey eye you but I'll be the greatest hippopotamus of our time if I no mention your name, mama d mama we need your support in the area of broadcasting to the world. Thank you ma'am.

Oga GAZZUZZ! Hmm! Out of thread!

To all others your name wasn't mention pls you're are all also needed. Thank you Sirs.gringrin

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (2955) (2956) (2957) (2958) (2959) (2960) (2961) ... (5717) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Gwhizzy and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.