Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,767 members, 7,831,463 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:09 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2957) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4805474 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2954) (2955) (2956) (2957) (2958) (2959) (2960) ... (5700) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 1:29pm On Aug 27, 2020
odimbannamdi:

I was also bemused at the guy's ignorant comparison and wanted to point out the emboldened to him earlier, but i didnt want it to look like i was holding brief for you and Gazz.uzz. You know how easy it is for Nairalanders to immediately associate one with ass-licking.

I once worked with the service business of a structured power-generating organization, and i noticed that, despite the proliferation of "kazeems" out there and the premium we charge, people still prefer to bring their generators to us for troubleshooting, repairs and even common routine maintenance service.

The reasons were not far-fetched:
- Expertise
- Genuine parts
- Warranty both on the parts and on the labour expended in carrying out a repair

You will almost never ever get these qualities from any Kazeem out there. If people prioritize these qualities for their gensets, how much more a car that is a high risk device.

We also use a mix of SRT (Standard Repair Time) and Billing Efficiency, a major KPI, to monitor our service business. This means that you will be charged for the standard number of hours it takes to carry out a repair and it is not your business if the assigned technician uses more than the allotted time to carry out the repair.

As long as i know the value of the services of corporate organizations like rad.autoworks and Gazz.uzz, and i can afford it, i definitely will use them

Don't I ever!

YES! that's exactly what we do. Thank you for this post smiley

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 1:42pm On Aug 27, 2020
Olayetan:
I don't support indriver ideology, so i finally took a ride on indriver yesterday while i was at home at around 3:30pm.

Of all the request I've been getting on indriver, its either i offer higher price that would be rejected or i skip the request, so this one came in yesterday and it caught my mind, it was a trip of 4800 offer from Mushin ojuwoye market to ogbeni street sangotedo.

All my mind was, the trip wouldn't take me more than 2hrs and i wouldn't use more than 1k fuel to cover it, my fuel tank was already showing reserved light so i branched filling station in mushin to refuel 2k worth of fuel.

We began the journey, i quickly opened up my map to see traffic ahead, that's when i get the shock on my life when i saw 2hrs 50min to destination, i knew at that moment i had messed up to accept that amount for that journey.

We got to empire under bridge and i saw a very long and stagnant traffic in front of me, at that moment, my mind was contemplating on dropping the woman or renegotiating the offer but something told me you already agreed on that price so don't complicate the deal.

To cut the story short, we spent over 4hrs to reach sangotedo and i used all my 2k worth of fuel on that one trip, the woman gave me 5500 including the toll gate fee i paid then i began to compare what i make on bolt with 2k worth of fuel to that of indriver.

Honestly, indriver isn't favourable when there's traffic.
You still made more than you would have made if the trip was done on bolt.
That 5500 you made is equivalent to 6800 on bolt (before commission). Without saka that trip can never be up to that on bolt so you got a good deal

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Olayetan(m): 2:01pm On Aug 27, 2020
deedee44:

You still made more than you would have made if the trip was done on bolt.
That 5500 you made is equivalent to 6800 on bolt (before commission). Without saka that trip can never be up to that on bolt so you got a good deal

Yeah
I did, i mean what if the woman paid according to the agreed, would that still be favourable to me?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MeshachMARTINS(m): 2:45pm On Aug 27, 2020
Quick question:
Does doing this to your ehailing car https://www.nairaland.com/6066198/possible
Makes lasma police, & touts more attracted to your car?

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mabeni(m): 2:57pm On Aug 27, 2020
I found out the car i was given on HP for the sum of 1.9m was bought in 2013. He even bought the car as anaija used. Can you see how wicked some Nigerians are? Although, i have paid over 1.6m now,
changed the engine and gear box of this car yet the car keep giving issues every now and then. I have spent close to 600k in maintaining it but these days, OWNER does not want to hear me complain to him in regards to the issue the vehicle gives him so far his delivery is complete. He even had the guts to tell me to sell of the car and balance him up. Though, he has been a helpful and understanding partner but i don't know what came over him these days.

What should i do please?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IFSHR: 3:04pm On Aug 27, 2020
mabeni:
I found out the car i was given on HP for the sum of 1.9m was bought in 2013. He even bought the car as anaija used. Can you see how wicked some Nigerians are? Although, i have paid over 1.6m now,
changed the engine and gear box of this car yet the car keep giving issues every now and then. I have spent close to 600k in maintaining it but these days, OWNER does not want to hear me complain to him in regards to the issue the vehicle gives him so far his delivery is complete. He even had the guts to tell me to sell of the car and balance him up. Though, he has been a helpful and understanding partner but i don't know what came over him these days.

What should i do please?

If he wants you to sell it. Hope he/she is not expecting you to still pay 300k balance at once? U can negotiate that what he will get is 150k balance since it's a one off payment .

What's is the re-sell value?

After selling can u still get like 800k to call you own. to get another car.. that u can fully inspect since you have experience now.?

Answer to this question will atleast make you not lose out completely.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 3:12pm On Aug 27, 2020
MeshachMARTINS:
Quick question:
Does doing this to your ehailing car https://www.nairaland.com/6066198/possible
Makes lasma police, & touts more attracted to your car?

Why would you add a lower skirt with all the bad roads in Nigeria

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MeshachMARTINS(m): 3:31pm On Aug 27, 2020
radautoworks:

Why would you add a lower skirt with all the bad roads in Nigeria
without lower kit but bigger tires ND shock to increase ground clearance. If you don't get, check the post in the link above for the main gist
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 3:48pm On Aug 27, 2020
The secret is to renegotiate once you re sure the road is not clear. If rider declines, abeg run. Dont go. Else, na sorry be the case.
Olayetan:
I don't support indriver ideology, so i finally took a ride on indriver yesterday while i was at home at around 3:30pm.

Of all the request I've been getting on indriver, its either i offer higher price that would be rejected or i skip the request, so this one came in yesterday and it caught my mind, it was a trip of 4800 offer from Mushin ojuwoye market to ogbeni street sangotedo.

All my mind was, the trip wouldn't take me more than 2hrs and i wouldn't use more than 1k fuel to cover it, my fuel tank was already showing reserved light so i branched filling station in mushin to refuel 2k worth of fuel.

We began the journey, i quickly opened up my map to see traffic ahead, that's when i get the shock on my life when i saw 2hrs 50min to destination, i knew at that moment i had messed up to accept that amount for that journey.

We got to empire under bridge and i saw a very long and stagnant traffic in front of me, at that moment, my mind was contemplating on dropping the woman or renegotiating the offer but something told me you already agreed on that price so don't complicate the deal.

To cut the story short, we spent over 4hrs to reach sangotedo and i used all my 2k worth of fuel on that one trip, the woman gave me 5500 including the toll gate fee i paid then i began to compare what i make on bolt with 2k worth of fuel to that of indriver.

Honestly, indriver isn't favourable when there's traffic.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 4:03pm On Aug 27, 2020
mabeni:

What should i do please?
Hmm... Wicked partners arising everyday. My brother stop being ignorant and fooled around. Press charges against him/her.

This is a case of good turned bad. That your partner was never a good person before so stop thinking he was. Come to think of it self[b] you don't have right to sell off the car oh, its a trap[/b] so don't make the mistake of putting the car on sale else he will murder you in court because the clause states property belongs to him/her till you finish payment.

The only place you've a case is this. If You're sure the contract started that the car was a direct tok but you later discover it was instead bought a 9ja used and you have proof to back this up then you can sue him/her on the ground of deceit and falsehood, calibrate intention to dwindle through hard labour. Get a good lawyer, get all the proof the car which you signed for HP as tok was rather 9ja use. Let you lawyer file a comprehensive report with compensation and mail to him then watch how he wee on his panties.

If he doesn't dance to your tone then head to court. I assure you, you'll win and he will pay you damages that will be enough to buy you a brand new car.

Seek a professional advice on this.

But b4 you take that line of action go to him with your guarantors and make him see reasons why you can't proceed with the contract again and that you are not giving him any money anymore because they car he gave you was a 9ja use car which he didnt tell you. You guys should first try and talk things over like men. But if this doesn't work then opt for the plan B up there. But mind make sure you've your proofs and evidence before you let him know any thing ooh.

But you self, how come you carry car without knowing its a 9ja use? Are you a leaner? Every tok car has a unique scent/smell. You self fuckup ooh. From the document self you should also know especially the custom papers will tell you when the car entered 9ja. Otundo driver. Na drivers like you jpworld get as drivers. You no smart at all.

But anyhow shall you go dey alright Las las.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 4:20pm On Aug 27, 2020
MeshachMARTINS:
without lower kit but bigger tires ND shock to increase ground clearance. If you don't get, check the post in the link above for the main gist

And then compound suspension issues. Again, why What is the benefit of doing this? HeavenlyBang told you the same thing.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by HeavenlyBang(m): 4:30pm On Aug 27, 2020
radautoworks:

And then compound suspension issues. Again, why What is the benefit of doing this? HeavenlyBang told you the same thing.

Let the man have his fertile imaginations. wink

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 5:00pm On Aug 27, 2020
Blossomayo:

Bros is factory and I have permit for it

How much did you get the permit and where did you do it?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 5:13pm On Aug 27, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Let the man have his fertile imaginations. wink
you're right. I too dey pokenose
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Blossomayo: 5:17pm On Aug 27, 2020
Crvrider:

How much did you get the permit and where did you do it?

The man did it sir. And i bought it like that.

I was lucky
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 5:21pm On Aug 27, 2020
Blossomayo:

The man did it sir. And i bought it like that.

I was lucky

...and the permit is in whose name, yours or his?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 5:23pm On Aug 27, 2020
Olayetan:

Yeah
I did, i mean what if the woman paid according to the agreed, would that still be favourable to me?
4800 will be more or less what you would get on bolt after commission
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 5:29pm On Aug 27, 2020
mabeni:

What should i do please?
Nothing. You've signed the dotted lines, all you can do is look for a way to make your partner reason with you while you keep paying as much as you can as soon as you can, you've got to the stage where owners take advantage of little faults and defaults to terminate HP contracts and retrieve their car(s), thread carefully

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Olayetan(m): 5:39pm On Aug 27, 2020
deedee44:

4800 will be more or less what you would get on bolt after commission

It would be more, bolt could have calculated 7k+ for that trip with the traffic but all the same, its still fair...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Olayetan(m): 5:40pm On Aug 27, 2020
davit:
The secret is to renegotiate once you re sure the road is not clear. If rider declines, abeg run. Dont go. Else, na sorry be the case.

Exactly
I felt that way but then i thought i shouldn't complicate the initial agreement, but now I've learnt.

I ain't using indriver for long trips anymore.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Olayetan(m): 5:43pm On Aug 27, 2020
IFSHR:

If he wants you to sell it. Hope he/she is not expecting you to still pay 300k balance at once? U can negotiate that what he will get is 150k balance since it's a one off payment .

After selling can u still get like 800k to call you own. to get another car.. that u can fully inspect since you have experience now.?

If he sells and pay off the balance on the deal, will the remaining money be enough to get a buy and drive car or you suggesting he goto rentals to save up money to buy another car or what's your advise after he sells the car and pay off the balance on it?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 6:03pm On Aug 27, 2020
Olayetan:

If he sells and pay off the balance on the deal, will the remaining money be enough to get a buy and drive car or you suggesting he goto rentals to save up money to buy another car or what's your advise after he sells the car and pay off the balance on it?
How can you sell a property that's not yours in the first place? Unless the driver in question has the original document to the car, even at that there's still an existing contract btw the owner and the hire purchaser so selling the car by any of these parties without any form of understanding duly sign by both party is a bridge of contract and the other party can press charges.

There is defamation of character here in the first place so that needs to be addressed b4 anyother thing unless the driver still want to be taken for a ride by the owner.

Legally, the driver has a upper hand but base on proof that the said car was actually bought 9ja used and not tok. That's deciet otherwise known as SCAM.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mabeni(m): 6:15pm On Aug 27, 2020
Felicity0001:

Hmm... Wicked partners arising everyday. My brother stop being ignorant and fooled around. Press charges against him/her.

This is a case of good turned bad. That your partner was never a good person before so stop thinking he was. Come to think of it self[b] you don't have right to sell off the car oh, its a trap[/b] so don't make the mistake of putting the car on sale else he will murder you in court because the clause states property belongs to him/her till you finish payment.

The only place you've a case is this. If You're sure the contract started that the car was a direct tok but you later discover it was instead bought a 9ja used and you have proof to back this up then you can sue him/her on the ground of deceit and falsehood, calibrate intention to dwindle through hard labour. Get a good lawyer, get all the proof the car which you signed for HP as tok was rather 9ja use. Let you lawyer file a comprehensive report with compensation and mail to him then watch how he wee on his panties.

If he doesn't dance to your tone then head to court. I assure you, you'll win and he will pay you damages that will be enough to buy you a brand new car.

Seek a professional advice on this.

But b4 you take that line of action go to him with your guarantors and make him see reasons why you can't proceed with the contract again and that you are not giving him any money anymore because they car he gave you was a 9ja use car which he didnt tell you. You guys should first try and talk things over like men. But if this doesn't work then opt for the plan B up there. But mind make sure you've your proofs and evidence before you let him know any thing ooh.

But you self, how come you carry car without knowing its a 9ja use? Are you a leaner? Every tok car has a unique scent/smell. You self fuckup ooh. From the document self you should also know especially the custom papers will tell you when the car entered 9ja. Otundo driver. Na drivers like you jpworld get as drivers. You no smart at all.

But anyhow shall you go dey alright Las las.
I collected the car as a naija used but didn't know is as old as that.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Olayetan(m): 6:17pm On Aug 27, 2020
Felicity0001:

How can you sell a property that's not yours in the first place? Unless the driver in question has the original document to the car, even at that there's still an existing contract btw the owner and the hire purchaser so selling the car by any of these parties without any form of understanding duly sign by both party is a bridge of contract and the other party can press charges.

There is defamation of character here in the first place so that needs to be addressed b4 anyother thing unless the driver still want to be taken for a ride by the owner.

Legally, the driver has a upper hand but base on proof that the said car was actually bought 9ja used and not tok. That's deciet otherwise known as SCAM.

You ain't following up the story teller.

The Hirer actually said he's currently having issues with the car and the Hiree advises him to sell the car and pay off his balance to him, so there's no breach of contract since the Hiree consented and advises to sell off the car.

My own question thrown at the person that seconded that advise was if he sells off the car to balance the Hiree, will the remaining cash be enough to buy another Buy & Drive car or what does he advise the Hirer to do after selling off the car.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IFSHR: 6:18pm On Aug 27, 2020
Olayetan:

If he sells the car for 900k ...and the partner agrees to take 150k.....with that balance he can get a ok naija use....so many platforms online.....with the history of the car attached.

If he gets a car around 800k.... He can make a quick turnover
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MeshachMARTINS(m): 6:26pm On Aug 27, 2020
radautoworks:

well it's for the looks, not everyone likes a boring looking car, and not everyone can afford a mustang cheesy read the main(write-up) post well, you'd understand my view
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 6:35pm On Aug 27, 2020
Felicity0001:

Which upper hand does he have?

Is there any law that states that only Toks cars should be put on HP?

From his comment, he was not even lied to. He just wasn't given full disclosure of the vehicle, and that would have be known if he inspected the car thoroughly (both technically and administratively)

This suggestion no go help am. Suggest another abeg grin

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mabeni(m): 6:47pm On Aug 27, 2020
IFSHR:

After selling can u still get like 800k to call you own. to get another car.. that u can fully inspect since you have experience now.?it's worth 1m - 1.1m. If some little body work is done.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Olayetan(m): 6:48pm On Aug 27, 2020
Is there no 1 to update us on what was discussed in the virtual meeting?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sportFX: 6:55pm On Aug 27, 2020
mabeni:

What should i do please?

What kind of vehicle?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 6:57pm On Aug 27, 2020
Olayetan:

You ain't following up the story teller.

The Hirer actually said he's currently having issues with the car and the Hiree advises him to sell the car and pay off his balance to him, so there's no breach of contract since the Hiree consented and advises to sell off the car.
I'm following but for hiree to advice hirer to sell off car can be a trap because the contact state hirer can't sell. That's my point. Unless they put it in black and white then hirer can sell.

Olayetan:

My own question thrown at the person that seconded that advise was if he sells off the car to balance the Hiree, will the remaining cash be enough to buy another Buy & Drive car or what does he advise the Hirer to do after selling off the car.
Good question to ask because such a car as describe shouldn't sell above 400-500k.

Watin him gain?

Modify
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 7:29pm On Aug 27, 2020
mabeni:
I collected the car as a naija used but didn't know is as old as that.
Hold on please oga.

Stop confusing who thunder should go for.

Clarify this statement apropos your first post. You knew the car was a 9ja used car? And then it was clearly stated on the contract that car was 9ja used?

izzou:

Which upper hand does he have?

Is there any law that states that only Toks cars should be put on HP?

From his comment, he was not even lied to. He just wasn't given full disclosure of the vehicle, and that would have be known if he inspected the car thoroughly (both technically and administratively)

This suggestion no go help am. Suggest another abeg grin

Baba I'm not saying 9ja used can't go for HP.

The guy seems to be economical with some facts, I think he's just trying to get sympathizers which is bad. If truly he knows car was bought 9ja used then why complain. Let him balance his HP and do what ever he wants with the car otherwise, sell it off after having the hirer to sign for the sale of the car then he can beg hirer to reconsider.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2954) (2955) (2956) (2957) (2958) (2959) (2960) ... (5700) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: EmiloCorn, northbird, Jakpajohnss(m), donfortune48(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.