Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,316 members, 7,811,943 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:20 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (3180) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4733252 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3177) (3178) (3179) (3180) (3181) (3182) (3183) ... (5689) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Luxurydriverng: 12:59pm On Nov 27, 2020
Felicity0001:
Abort Trip from mainland to island!!
I repeat abort mission!!!

Started this Trip 11:05am from governor's rd... Still counting.

Indriver's be warn!

Hmmm na wa oh, all this traffic makes me scared of coming back to drive. This this dey weak engine

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrjaydee(m): 1:58pm On Nov 27, 2020
Omo if you cant get to the island before 8am this days just forget it and work on the mainland.

Funny enough going back from the island to mainland is very free.. grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Weightless: 2:08pm On Nov 27, 2020
Felicity0001:
Abort Trip from mainland to island!!
I repeat abort mission!!!

Started this Trip 11:05am from governor's rd... Still counting.

Indriver's be warn!

Spend 3hrs in that mad traffic, I and my car dey resting mode rite now.
Today is traffic day

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Chazleeray(m): 2:24pm On Nov 27, 2020
Thanks for your kind response
peeps4u:
There are answers by veterans to all these in previous pages, but let me try in my lil way

1. Since you're sure of raising about 2m, you can never be wrong with Corolla. If your money can't get Coro, there are other cars like Honda civic, city, big daddy, elantra (but parts quite expensive).
You can not go wrong with civic also, it is becoming more adopted for this job and quite cheaper than coro, with good fuel economy.

2. If you can drive already, all you need do is to learn how to use google map. You may start using google map in your place now to master Gmap. Where people often get it wrong is "at about 40m, take left" or "take the next turning by the left" and whereas, the next turning might not be the one Gmap recognises, you need to learn how to check your map and confirm the next turning you're or approaching is the right one by looking at your location on the map and the next direction map is telling you to take.
You get to understand Gmap as you use it more often.

3. If you're coming to lag soon, it is advisable you registerter in Lagos because you might not have been called for capturing back home by the time you will be coming to Lagos, which means having to go back jome for capturing if you're already in lagos. Look for pattyb or something on NL, she does DL and reliable.

4. You need comprehensive/third party insurance, road worthiness, necessary cat docs. I dont know if hackney and lasdri are compulsory for new driver, you may inquire about this from this thread.

Once your temp DL is out, even if you're yet to get a car, I advise you register on uber and go for training so that you can upload your vehicle when it arrives and hit the ground running with uber, and then go ahead with bolt.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by hvac: 2:38pm On Nov 27, 2020
Who knows how much it will cost to replace faded number plate and how long it will take me to get it.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Duke111: 3:57pm On Nov 27, 2020
Avoid airport road from toll gate inward MM1 & 2 at all cost. Bravo echo tango alpha charlie,over i repeat over, i repeat again over over

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 4:11pm On Nov 27, 2020
Chazleeray:
A wonderful morning to everyone in this family, It gladens my heart to see a thread like this, i greet you all. Please am currently in owerri but will be heading to Lagos by December. I've been able to save up a little funds from the petty trade i do in owerri, My elder bro is insisting i go into uber and he's willing to assist me and I'm ready, we might be able to raise withing 1.5-2million by next week. But am in severe need of advice.
1) what kind of car is advisable to purchase as a newbie and how do i ensure is purely Belgium use from a well reliable source
3) Since i"ll be learning how to drive here in Lagos. Please how fast and easy can i Learn to navigate the Lagos road
3) how can i start applying for my drivers licence here in Lagos
4) how long does it take to get all the required documents to start uber and how best should i go about it.
Please i really appreciate everyone here and your candid advice is needed.

From experince go for Honda Civic 03 to 05 .. Make sure and make sure is tokunbo... preferably USA spec . Make sure the transmission is in excellent shape ..

When it comes to Honda Civic transmission make you use the rite fluid this is non negotiable. The civic has excellent gas mileage and the parts are relatively cheap compare to others .. The engine are almost bullet prove even abuse , plz use the recommended engine oil 5w20 not the 20w50 engine killer .. I am talking from experience.....

The civic has low ground clearance, you can always change the rims and tires to 1 size bigger, that is what I did... For the economic situation on ground now and the naira is not doing too well against the dollar.. Cost of cars has gone up , A tokunbo Honda civic will make sense more than ever before .... It might be hard to get a tokunbo Honda civic ,due to the fact that car dealers don't make a lot of profit on them ..but am sure you might be lucky to get an excellent 1 in good shape ....goodluck and if you need more assistance don't be afraid to reach out .....

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by vicdon(m): 6:22pm On Nov 27, 2020
Mainland to island no be beans ooo

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by toomush(m): 7:34pm On Nov 27, 2020
I took this man's son(half caste) and and wife(Nigerian woman) from a school on African lane off admiralty road to park view estate. He promised to send my money, but till now I haven't received it. The fare was N2000.

Make Una call am for me

He's probably Indian or Lebanese, he also said he will delete the app. He has blocked my number too

Below is our conversations.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by UcLloyd: 7:54pm On Nov 27, 2020
I recently relocated to the east (I got a better job).) I noticed I make more trips here in the east more in Lagos. What could be the reason? I'm like 10 rides away from winning bolt 5k (55 rides) bonus. Something I would have laughed off when I was in Lagos.

I work half day Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays. Then other days I start by 10 or 11am and close by 8 or 9pm or earlier
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by InfinityEstates: 8:19pm On Nov 27, 2020
UcLloyd:
I recently relocated to the east (I got a better job).) I noticed I make more trips here in the east more in Lagos. What could be the reason? I'm like 10 rides away from winning bolt 5k (55 rides) bonus. Something I would have laughed off when I was in Lagos.

I work half day Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays. Then other days I start by 10 or 11am and close by 8 or 9pm or earlier

What's the traffic situation and road conditions there like?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 8:26pm On Nov 27, 2020
toomush:
I took this man's son(half caste) and and wife(Nigerian woman) from a school on African lane off admiralty road to park view estate. He promised to send my money, but till now I haven't received it. The fare was N2000.

Make Una call am for me

He's probably Indian or Lebanese, he also said he will delete the app. He has blocked my number too

Below is our conversations.

He didnt pick but replied my text

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 8:27pm On Nov 27, 2020
kanuisagoat:
Can someone please help calculate the expected amount for a trip that took 64 minutes over a distance of 21.9km. Bolt arrived at N2500 but I somehow think it should be more.

Make una help my ministry na. Make bolt no chop me
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by UcLloyd: 8:31pm On Nov 27, 2020
InfinityEstates:

What's the traffic situation and road conditions there like?

Traffic are usually in the evening, at the close of work, the traffic doesn't take more than 45mins to clear no matter what. The roads are not so good, though most of them are being worked on for December
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 8:38pm On Nov 27, 2020
UcLloyd:

Where in east?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by toomush(m): 8:39pm On Nov 27, 2020
kanuisagoat:

He didnt pick but replied my text

Thanks bro

He has been promising since, I hope he pays.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by UcLloyd: 9:00pm On Nov 27, 2020
peeps4u:

Where in east?

Owerri
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by UcLloyd: 9:01pm On Nov 27, 2020
toomush:

Thanks bro

He has been promising since, I hope he pays.

U know his house, give him till close of tomorrow, if he doesn't pay, go there on Sunday morning, the wife will be there, she will make him pay you
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by toomush(m): 9:17pm On Nov 27, 2020
UcLloyd:

U know his house, give him till close of tomorrow, if he doesn't pay, go there on Sunday morning, the wife will be there, she will make him pay you

When I ended the trip, the wife told me her husband will pay, I called him and told him the fare, he flared that the price was on the high side( nah surge trip) that he didn't know it will be this high, I told him to contact bolt if he has a problem with the fare, he said he was going to delete bolt(wetin concern me) he said I should send my account details, which I did.

I ended the call, I told the wife that she and the son should wait till I get alert, that her husband didn't sound like he was going to pay, she pleaded with me that he will pay, that she will make sure he does, they waited a while, I told her to go since I know there house(I had another rider that have been waiting for me)

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 9:18pm On Nov 27, 2020
UcLloyd:

Owerri
Thought as much
Hope the earnings are reasonable sha?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by UcLloyd: 9:33pm On Nov 27, 2020
peeps4u:

Thought as much
Hope the earnings are reasonable sha?

Yes they are. Surge are usually in the late evening.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by UcLloyd: 9:37pm On Nov 27, 2020
toomush:

When I ended the trip, the wife told me her husband will pay, I called him and told him the fare, he flared that the price was on the high side( nah surge trip) that he didn't know it will be this high, I told him to contact bolt if he has a problem with the fare, he said he was going to delete bolt(wetin concern me) he said I should send my account details, which I did.

I ended the call, I told the wife that she and the son should wait till I get alert, that her husband didn't sound like he was going to pay, she pleaded with me that he will pay, that she will make sure he does, they waited a while, I told her to go since I know there house(I had another rider that have been waiting for me)

Go through the wife then. She should have been your concentration. The husband no get joy lol
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 9:59pm On Nov 27, 2020
kanuisagoat:
Can someone please help calculate the expected amount for a trip that took 64 minutes over a distance of 21.9km. Bolt arrived at N2500 but I somehow think it should be more.

Start: #220.00
Distance: 21.9km x #67/km = #1,467.30
Time: 64 minutes x #11/minute = #704.00

Total = #2,391.30
There is probably some wait time.

Bolt's calculation is kwaret.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1daboi: 10:05pm On Nov 27, 2020
NaijaCr7:
So 100Naira daily for a year is not even up to 100$ sad angry sad
you are going too far. #1 daily in a whole year is less than 50cent sad
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by fermlad: 10:08pm On Nov 27, 2020
Duke111:

Brake pads
Alternator
Spark plugs
Spark coils

These above are not actually correct based on condition of the part u are buying.

Please when buying plugs buy IRIDIUM quality don’t buy the conventional one.

I just changed my plugs last week, omo my fuel consumption reduced wella. So if e don tey wey u changed your spark plugs endeavor to do it asap.
Peace
Oya where can we get the plugs? Contact pls

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 10:08pm On Nov 27, 2020
nitigriti:

Start: #220.00
Distance: 21.9km x #67/km = #1,467.30
Time: 64 minutes x #11/minute = #704.00

Total = #2,391.30
There is probably some wait time.

Bolt's calculation is kwaret.

sad sad

Thanks chief nitigriti
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 10:34pm On Nov 27, 2020
mrjaydee:
Omo if you cant get to the island before 8am this days just forget it and work on the mainland.

Funny enough going back from the island to mainland is very free.. grin

Boss if u don't get to island on time now, I think it's better to call it a day, working on the mainland when Ikorodu road is block, MBA is block, Opebi block and u can't use 3rd MB to link yaba... yesterday I have a 15 min pick up while chilling for traffic to ease up, but due to the fact that the trip will get me closer to home, I decide
to pick, 15 min on map, an hour in reality. It is well

Just wish Indriver drivers will have some sense

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Godfather10: 10:41pm On Nov 27, 2020
SaintHilary:
It's such a shame this country has gone to the dogs!

>>Driving at Lekki-Epe Exp tonight made me realize this country will take a very long time to b sane again,

-ZERO SAFETY, LAWLESSNESS IS NOW THE DAILY ORDER
-Bike men picking passengers and driving anyhow cus no police n LASTMA anymore, Some even using one way by this time of the night
-Pedestrians crossing the busy road like they're immune to vehicle collision(I almost jam one sef)

>>Response of the govt is to increase fuel price.As at now, only Northwest has fuel from VGC-Chevron

>>Okay make we watch Super Eagles match, NO SINGLE LOCAL STATION could stream a match being played in the country

>>Is there any hope for the Average Nigerian

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nwizu042: 10:59pm On Nov 27, 2020
Traffic Friday!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Godfather10: 12:04am On Nov 28, 2020
newk007:

Dey called me too and also sent email, I told dem I no get interest.

6Mili car for Healing, kolewek

What makes matters worse for them is the depreciation of our currency, Hmmmm!!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Godfather10: 12:08am On Nov 28, 2020
pope191:

grin The Buhari effect... we enter this one with all body

NOT BUHARI O!! NA CORONAVIRUS

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by weyreypey: 1:19am On Nov 28, 2020
AngryIgboDon:

Get either a 2003-2006 Camry of 4 plugs or you get a Corrola of between 2004-2007. There parts are very cheap at Ladipo and First gate Agidingbi. Even a roadside vulcanizer knows one or two about the cars above and you can never be stranded along the road.

Forget Elantra (Expensive parts) and forget that very useless plastic car called Honda civic. Infact for your sanity, avoid all HONDAS.

If you are getting a corrolla, make sure you stay in a gated house, install a car tracker and also install an alarm. Also get a comprehensive insurance. Above all, pray to God.

My Reason for these 2 Cars? Both are cheap to maintain, Corrolla is very great in fuel economy and the 2 cars rugged die.

Finally, make sure any car you are buying have all their Catalysts intact. Mechanics and Panel beaters steal it well well.

Radautoworks and Gazzuzz knows better.
Plenty nonsense. Honda Civic above the Corolla seven days a week and twice on a Monday

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (3177) (3178) (3179) (3180) (3181) (3182) (3183) ... (5689) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.