Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,855 members, 7,817,529 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (3326) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4749472 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3323) (3324) (3325) (3326) (3327) (3328) (3329) ... (5691) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 7:34pm On Jan 15, 2021
davit:
You shouldn't have taken the trip. Such, I will not go

I swear... Had I known... It is well shall
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 7:35pm On Jan 15, 2021
deedee44:

Bro felicity. You don't need all the explanations grin
Just do your thing cool
e long abi? gringrin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 7:39pm On Jan 15, 2021
Pearl1910:

What has this your post got to do with peoples dashboard posts of December now. Abeg...it was clearly stated Nov/Dec not all year round.

Secondly, people still buy cars, complete HP payment and achieve other feats on top uber work all year round, so if u no see money for the business that's your own personal experience don't generalise it...During the year one can still make 10k net a day, how many Nigerian jobs pay 250k a month?

God will bless the works of our hands, commit your business to Him and give to ceasar what is ceasars. Be grateful, U will be fine las las.

Thread carefully with this line. 10k a day for how many days consistently?
The stress and risk involved
The car repairs and hostile environment...
With this covid 19 that most organizations are working virtually and still get paid.
Let’s stop comparing this hustle to someone sitting in the office 9-5 everyday

11 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by omorkelly(m): 7:43pm On Jan 15, 2021
Well, it is what it is; wwwiiinnnttteeerrr!!!I have refused to open any app since 6th January till date.
Pls don'task me why??
I felt it within myself that i have rested well since last week. E be like make i no just drive again self, but still strategizing..
....... o gaa dimma
Slickleo:
Good evening all, the whole Lagos no surge when I checked, it's well

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by omorkelly(m): 7:44pm On Jan 15, 2021
Well, it is what it is; wwwiiinnnttteeerrr!!!I have refused to open any app since 6th of January till date.
Pls don'task me why??
I felt it within myself that i have rested well since last week. E be like make i no just drive again self, but still strategizing..
....... o gaa dimma
Slickleo:
Good evening all, the whole Lagos no surge when I checked, it's well

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IFSHR: 8:17pm On Jan 15, 2021
Pearl1910:

What has this your post got to do with peoples dashboard posts of December now. Abeg...it was clearly stated Nov/Dec not all year round.

Secondly, people still buy cars, complete HP payment and achieve other feats on top uber work all year round, so if u no see money for the business that's your own personal experience don't generalise it...During the year one can still make 10k net a day, how many Nigerian jobs pay 250k a month?

God will bless the works of our hands, commit your business to Him and give to ceasar what is ceasars. Be grateful, U will be fine las las.

The bolded is a big fat lie....netting 10k nowadays is highly inconsistent knowing full well you will have to gross like 17k or 16k to net such ..infact you must have like 3 long trips or more to net that....
Which long trip pass far down island to far down mainland, which is something that you cant do 3 times in a day....

10k net is possible only probably weekend or on a one off luck day of the week.

I am currently on my leave so I hit the road every day..
You only get more trip late in the evening....this week in some days I stayed almost 3hrs no single trip....

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 8:30pm On Jan 15, 2021
Felicity0001:

e long abi? gringrin
I later finish am after 2 attempts grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 8:51pm On Jan 15, 2021
BAZ001:

With this covid 19 that most organizations are working virtually and still get paid.

There's really no comprehension, if I get a 9 to 5 job that will pay me 150k monthly with 5 working days, I won't even think twice before jumping on it, as long as they will pay when due. Right now I don't think I can leave driving (my fear tho), kind of stuck on this lane, d exposure, if not for driving, I would have been living in my small world, the ovens, the light and sight and beautiful souls here... So! I'll obviously b driving during my free time as I've set monthly target of netting 200/250k (God willing).

About 10k daily, I'll say 50k weekly is possible, but d odds have been against me and my work pattern right now is not helping (Kind of lazy). Yesterday by 12:30 I was already on 6500 net and I see no reason why I won't make 3500 before night fall, but I don't like the way the car is firing, so I decided to go drop it with the mech and have it check. We agreed for him to change the plugs, a cyclider that machine detect misfires and as well wash the fuel pump assembly and change it. Went to pick car Ard 10 am today and as I was heading to Lekki, that's how car start acting funny and the check light kept blinking, a little bit of stop, the whole car will b shaking. I have to pull over at Yaba and beg the rider to take another ride, cos I'm not comfortable driving a car in this state. Call my oga and explain the situation to him, he said is the pump, we should get complete fuel pump assembly. I rush down to Oyingbo to get that and drove back to him, so he can fix it on time. As he coupled it, I quickly on my app and another request entered 4500 to Lekki, I start car and the shake is still obvious like fuel is not supplying adequately, had to tell rider to cancel again. When we were done placing machine on it and correct the faults. I just jejely find my way home. I firmly believe 10k is feasible daily but with much endurance. Things r not the way it used to b now, there's a natural winter, flowing in the sky cheesy

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sadewodu(m): 9:37pm On Jan 15, 2021
Can anyone pls help.... Thank you.

sadewodu:
Hi guys!!!

I registered on UBER.

On completing my registration, I was told my account was a duplicate account thereby making it fraudulent and based on their policy they won't active me. After numerous mails trying to convince them that it wasnt a duplicate nothing changed.

Can anyone advise me on what to do? This is my first time registering and its not a duplicate account.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 9:44pm On Jan 15, 2021
UcLloyd:

And you are saying this with happiness? A fellow man's hustle? U guys get mind, how do u feel knowing that ur selfish rating can take away a man's hustle? A guy that rates a fellow guy any thing other than 5stars is a wicked pussy nigga. I used bolt as a rider, I never for one day rated a driver less than 5 stars, even the ones I had arguments with. I once carried a lady, in her mid twenties, we had serious argument cus of me taking a longer route, at the end of the trip, she said she would have reported me and rated me low, but she won't, cus she doesn't want to take away my hustle, I was shocked to my bone marrow, a lady of all people. I respected her, cus she understands. Point out things u noticed in the car and encourage the person to get it fixed, not rate him low

This is one thing I detest about people and I wonder if its perculiar to us Nigerians. I call it the "entitlement mentality."

Why do we always think someone owes us something. Please get this into your skull, no one owes you a 5 star rating. Those drivers I gave 4 stars should thank their stars I'm actually very considerate. Else, I would have given them a single star for risking my life. Its people like you who who throw all forms of dignity and self respect out of the window begging riders for 5 star as if their lives depend on bolt.

I have never in my life and will never ever beg or tell a rider to rate me 5 stars. I have rendered a service to you, there's a question before you asking how my service was, I expect you to answer it as truthfully as you can.

If bolt blocks me today, I'll move on with my life, I will even find something better to do with the time I spend on bolt but people like you have lost all forms of self worth. Once bolt blocks you, its the end of the world for you.

Now to point out how foolish and self centered you are, why do we depend on reviews of products before we buy?

Let's assume everyone who complained about oil consumption of 2007 totoya camry did not do that because they don't want to put toyota out of business, how will intending buyers know how to guard against it?

The annoying part of all this is that, I was only pointing out to pope why you can have a smooth conversation with a rider and he'll still give you a bad rating but you had to just carry your winter induced frustration to attack my innocent post.

Nonsense.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 10:01pm On Jan 15, 2021
pope191:

There's really no comprehension, if I get a 9 to 5 job that will pay me 150k monthly with 5 working days, I won't even think twice before jumping on it, as long as they will pay when due. Right now I don't think I can leave driving (my fear tho), kind of stuck on this lane, d exposure, if not for driving, I would have been living in my small world, the ovens, the light and sight and beautiful souls here... So! I'll obviously b driving during my free time as I've set monthly target of netting 200/250k (God willing).

About 10k daily, I'll say 50k weekly is possible, but d odds have been against me and my work pattern right now is not helping (Kind of lazy). Yesterday by 12:30 I was already on 6500 net and I see no reason why I won't make 3500 before night fall, but I don't like the way the car is firing, so I decided to go drop it with the mech and have it check. We agreed for him to change the plugs, a cyclider that machine detect misfires and as well wash the fuel pump assembly and change it. Went to pick car Ard 10 am today and as I was heading to Lekki, that's how car start acting funny and the check light kept blinking, a little bit of stop, the whole car will b shaking. I have to pull over at Yaba and beg the rider to take another ride, cos I'm not comfortable driving a car in this state. Call my oga and explain the situation to him, he said is the pump, we should get complete fuel pump assembly. I rush down to Oyingbo to get that and drove back to him, so he can fix it on time. As he coupled it, I quickly on my app and another request entered 4500 to Lekki, I start car and the shake is still obvious like fuel is not supplying adequately, had to tell rider to cancel again. When we were done placing machine on it and correct the faults. I just jejely find my way home. I firmly believe 10k is feasible daily but with much endurance. Things r not the way it used to b now, there's a natural winter, flowing in the sky cheesy

I'm not a mechanic o so maybe rad can throw more light but a blinking CEL is a classic case of misfire. Its in my opinion that the misfire is still unresolved.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IFSHR: 10:06pm On Jan 15, 2021
sadewodu:
Can anyone pls help.... Thank you.

Try and visit their physical office and tender your case, there will surely be a headway
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 10:10pm On Jan 15, 2021
kanuisagoat:

This is one thing I detest about people and I wonder if its perculiar to us Nigerians. I call it the "entitlement mentality."

Why do we always think someone owes us something. Please get this into your skull, no one owes you a 5 star rating. Those drivers I gave 4 stars should thank their stars I'm actually very considerate. Else, I would have given them a single star for risking my life. Its people like you who who throw all forms of dignity and self respect out of the window begging riders for 5 star as if their lives depend on bolt.

I have never in my life and will never ever beg or tell a rider to rate me 5 stars. I have rendered a service to you, there's a question before you asking how my service was, I expect you to answer it as truthfully as you can.

If bolt blocks me today, I'll move on with my life, I will even find something better to do with the time I spend on bolt but people like you have lost all forms of self worth. Once bolt blocks you, its the end of the world for you.

Now to point out how foolish and self centered you are, why do we depend on reviews of products before we buy?

Let's assume everyone who complained about oil consumption of 2007 totoya camry did not do that because they don't want to put toyota out of business, how will intending buyers know how to guard against it?

The annoying part of all this is that, I was only pointing out to pope why you can have a smooth conversation with a rider and he'll still give you a bad rating but you had to just carry your winter induced frustration to attack my innocent post.

Nonsense.

Apart from the insults in your comment, I liked and shared your post.

I also owe you a bottle of Heineken and a plate of peppersoup

Whenever you are in Festac and need to relax, quote me here. I'll come find you.

If I'm not closeby, I'll direct you to a bar. They'll give you two bottles of Heineken and peppersoup. The bills are on me

cool

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nezzjnr: 10:19pm On Jan 15, 2021
izzou:

Whenever you are in Festac and need to relax, quote me here. I'll come find you.

If I'm not closeby, I'll direct you to a bar. They'll give you two bottles of Heineken and peppersoup. The bills are on me

cool
Uncle I dey stay for Festac angry
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 10:23pm On Jan 15, 2021
Nezzjnr:

Uncle I dey stay for Festac angry

I have no business with a Scummite

Thank you cool
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nezzjnr: 10:25pm On Jan 15, 2021
izzou:

I have no business with a Scummite

Thank you cool
7 straight losses for your useless shekpe club

Tueeehhhh tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 10:30pm On Jan 15, 2021
Nezzjnr:

7 straight losses for your useless shekpe club

Tueeehhhh tongue tongue

angry angry angry
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 10:30pm On Jan 15, 2021
Felicity0001:

No heckney permit no Bolt inspection now ooh bros
Different papers every time, is it Lagos states that asking for hackney permit? No more LASDRI Card and drivers badge. Will police or VIO ask for it or it’s just formalities
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nezzjnr: 10:36pm On Jan 15, 2021

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 10:38pm On Jan 15, 2021
kanuisagoat:

Back then when I was using bolt as a rider, no matter how well I flow with a driver, if I hear any suspension noise from your vehicle, I'm giving you 4 stars cheesy

As far as I was concerned, you just endangered my life so why give you a 5.

I'm sure most of those drivers will wonder why their rating dropped despite having smooth trips cheesy

If only the road from your house to your destination is tarred and smooth cool

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrjaydee(m): 11:40pm On Jan 15, 2021
FuckEveryday:

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Omo I just wake up from my 3rd round of sleep laidis...Bolt/Uber work no go come kill person..make I Baff go play ball 8)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Slickleo: 11:53pm On Jan 15, 2021
kanuisagoat:

Nonsense.

I know u never enter ikorodu brt if not ur sense go tell you to rate dat guy 5 �

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Wartsnigeria: 12:46am On Jan 16, 2021
kanuisagoat:

Nonsense.

you made some valid points, ratings is to improve service so it is good to be honest about it.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 2:09am On Jan 16, 2021
BAZ001:

I don talk my own, talk ur own.

Forget stress, forget risk, forget hostility, every work has its own cons...bottom line is u can net 10k on average daily that's 60k a week during the year.

Am not comparing it with 9-5 in d office, I am ministering to someone that if u have this hustle u should be grateful cos u make more than many office workers and u r definitely better off not having any job at all.

Comparing it will be relative and subjective...I am only laying down d facts.

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 2:17am On Jan 16, 2021
IFSHR:

The bolded is a big fat lie....netting 10k nowadays is highly inconsistent knowing full well you will have to gross like 17k or 16k to net such ..infact you must have like 3 long trips or more to net that....
Which long trip pass far down island to far down mainland, which is something that you cant do 3 times in a day....

10k net is possible only probably weekend or on a one off luck day of the week.

I am currently on my leave so I hit the road every day..
You only get more trip late in the evening....this week in some days I stayed almost 3hrs no single trip....

Your experience vs my experience.
Very doable during the year, I didn't say nowadays. U really don't need that long a trip sef. On many days I don't even go to d island and I make it.

You dey do part time and you dey argue with me. Issorite

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 2:38am On Jan 16, 2021
pope191:

Vet vet grin well done sir

P.S: don't let kazeem dabo u. Nothing do your fuel pump. Put the carry come one back. Do tune up and you will be fine, if u still experience vibrations check your engine seats.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 2:48am On Jan 16, 2021
izzou:

cool

Anti entitlement advocate grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Wartsnigeria: 6:23am On Jan 16, 2021
Pearl1910:

P.S: don't let kazeem dabo u. Nothing do your fuel pump. Put the carry come one back. Do tune up and you will be fine, if u still experience vibrations check your engine seats.

Engine seat for a vehicle that's not moving well? , how does his description suggest it might be engine seat.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 7:01am On Jan 16, 2021
pope191:

So bross na you capture this ojodu to conservation trip. Was at alausa when that request show up but PU distance and time was too much so i didn't bother to go for it.

About making 10k net daily, hmmm! Well, impossible is nothing but with the reality of the way things are it will be much easier for car owners than it is for drivers on HP/rentals.

I drive my own car and I have a day job that brings in something every month end so the time and energy I'll put into the hustle might be quite different from someone who doesn't and this will certainly affect my output.

However, in this line of business timing and positional skills matter if you are to succeed...add in a bit of luck! Yesterday I was parked close to the secretariat, alausa, and juicy requests kept coming from ojodu(inDriver), ...this is not the first time its happening and I couldn't take rides from uber for fear of the unkown. As at past 6pm I had only done 2trips and nowhere close to my daily target so as to meet my weekly target when a call came in from someone I know who offered 10k to and from idumota market today(sat). Na so I take close shop and called it a day.

So my advice, prioritize your positioning and if possible set out early.

PS: started work past 12noon yesterday.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 7:10am On Jan 16, 2021
BAZ001:

Different papers every time, is it Lagos states that asking for hackney permit? No more LASDRI Card and drivers badge. Will police or VIO ask for it or it’s just formalities

The last I went for Uber inspection that was b4 my account got blocked they requested for my LASDRI and HECKNEY, the snapped and uploaded.

I only just got the update from somebody that Bolt won't carryout inspection without a HECKNEY permit, the guy did his last week.

As for the drivers badge or route tag or what ever it's called... Me I don't know anything about those documents because I don't have it and never intend having it. By the way, sabi d commissioner of transport scabbed that shit out that time? Weather vio like let them do their worst me I'm not getting that shit. Isn't VIO supposed to be a federal body? So what business do they have with Lasdri, heckney and route badge?? I wait for the day they'll stop me and ask for anything other than roadworthyness na there we go die.

Nonsense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 7:12am On Jan 16, 2021
Pearl1910:

Car picks normal this morning, we did the engine sit routine too... thanks

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 7:15am On Jan 16, 2021
Crvrider:

So bross na you capture this ojodu to conservation trip. Was at alausa when that request show up but PU distance and time was too much so i didn't bother to go for it.

About making 10k net daily, hmmm! Well, impossible is nothing but with the reality of the way things are it will be much easier for car owners than it is for drivers on HP/rentals.

I drive my own car and I have a day job that brings in something every month end so the time and energy I'll put into the hustle might be quite different from someone who doesn't and this will certainly affect my output.

However, in this line of business timing and positional skills matter if you are to succeed...add in a bit of luck! Yesterday I was parked close to the secretariat, alausa, and juicy requests kept coming from ojodu(inDriver), ...this is not the first time its happening and I couldn't take rides from uber for fear of the unkown. As at past 6pm I had only done 2trips and nowhere close to my daily target so as to meet my weekly target when a call came in from someone I know who offered 10k to and from idumota market today(sat). Na so I take close shop and called it a day.

So my advice, prioritize your positioning and if possible set out early.

PS: started work past 12noon yesterday.

Before setting out on time means calling it a day on time... you can set out Ard 3pm and still make 15k before 9pm, that's how crazy this stuff get.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3323) (3324) (3325) (3326) (3327) (3328) (3329) ... (5691) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Barbiturate(m), confusedworld17, Omoapena(m), lanre2009, vivalavida(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.