Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,223 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (3362) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4763733 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3359) (3360) (3361) (3362) (3363) (3364) (3365) ... (5694) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 10:04pm On Jan 26, 2021
dru23:

You can show ur friends bro.. Am good .........i seek advice from the pros sir .......it is like me seeking medical advice from a pilot .....
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 10:07pm On Jan 26, 2021
deedee44:

Engine was burning oil, the first time I serviced it I used 5w30 synthetic, but before the week ran out it was already at the low guage of the dipstick so I had to keep topping. Next service I switched to 20w50 and it happened to be one of the best decisions i've taken in my life grin
I was expecting engine to pack up in approx 6 months later but to the glory of God I'm still travelling upandan with that engine.
If my engine doesn't dry oil I would surely use 5w30 synthetic but for this situation? I pass cheesy

Lol

There's nothing wrong with using Mineral oils sir.

But you're making it look like it has some advantage over the Synthetic oil.

As a guy that drives, has driven on Uber, and deals on parts, the mineral has no advantage over the Synthetic

But it still is okay bro cool

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 10:12pm On Jan 26, 2021
izzou:

Lol

As a guy that drives, has driven on Uber, and deals on parts, the mineral has no advantage over the Synthetic

No not at all. I just explained to him that we cannot be following instructions blindly, that there are some exceptions then I used my case as an example.

How can my engine be consuming oil and I'll still be using expensive oil just because manufacturer says so

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 10:15pm On Jan 26, 2021
deedee44:

No not at all. I just explained to him that we cannot be following instructions blindly, that there are some exceptions then I used my case as an example.

How can my engine be consuming oil and I'll still be using expensive oil just because manufacturer says so

You actually never tried to solve the problem of consuming oil.

You just reached out for a cheaper and good option

600 years of Solomon's wisdom for you grin

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 10:15pm On Jan 26, 2021
northbird:

Did you read @ all

If it's a tokunbo car, in Nigeria parlance, who is referring to an oyinbo driving it. I mean they also abuse engines too.

Let me spell it out for you. A tokunbo big daddy that was bought some days earlier.

Dude brought it to the mech workshop, car was having issues. No number plates, means it has not been registered...

Car was smoking. Even the humming was not too cool. And he bought it direct.

Even a blind man knows this vehicle came straight from the port.

Yes people do abuse cars too .. I have said it in the past I will never buy naija used cars .. The level of abuse will be much higher than tokunbo cars .......you will never see me buy naija used cars ...unless I know the owner personally ..this will be rare case though
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 10:19pm On Jan 26, 2021
izzou:

Lol

My issue here is it that hard to follow instructions of the car manufacturers. This is why I say in the past that hybrid cars are not good for naija environment
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 10:21pm On Jan 26, 2021
izzou:

You actually never tried to solve the problem of consuming oil.

You just reached out for a cheaper and good option

600 years of Solomon's wisdom for you grin
I skipped that and focused on the main point, I find it difficult to type epistles grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 10:22pm On Jan 26, 2021
northbird:

Did you read @ all

If it's a tokunbo car, in Nigeria parlance, who is referring to an oyinbo driving it. I mean they also abuse engines too.

Let me spell it out for you. A tokunbo big daddy that was bought some days earlier.

Dude brought it to the mech workshop, car was having issues. No number plates, means it has not been registered...

Car was smoking. Even the humming was not too cool. And he bought it direct.

Even a blind man knows this vehicle came straight from the port.
Na one way traffic man, anywhere belle face. Him no go gree grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 10:25pm On Jan 26, 2021
deedee44:

If ur car is consuming oil why not get to the bottom of it and found why it is consuming oil .. By using thicker oil u just putting a bandaid on the problem.....

Now I only encourage car owners with tokunbo or owners that have religiously followed manufacture advice from the onset of their cars..

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 10:27pm On Jan 26, 2021
dru23:

Below is my trip to car shows I go .. I had took so many pictures of cars at this show .. I lost a lot of them and I have plenty of videos from this car show ......

You stated that what they teach in classroom is different from the real world etc.. Well I rather take advice from the car manufacture themselves that build this beautiful machines ...... I don't want to insult your intelligence .but u are not well qualified on the matter even meself is not qualified on the matter .. So listern to people that are

I even pass through the engine oil factory in Japan . I lost those pictures too..
Abeg teach me how to use gif meme
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Sammyclarinet(m): 10:29pm On Jan 26, 2021
Pearl1910:

Your choice of car will not stand the test of time in this business as per durability and cost of maintainance, even though it is fuel economical. If u don't like Toyota, then u can do Honda Civic 2003-2008 or an earlier Hyundai e.g 2003-2010, even your peogeot can fly provided it's more than 2003 and engine size isn't more than 2.0

If u don't really know the way, google map, drivers app and riders direction will help you get around.

All the best

The first error of his post is that he already has a distaste for Corolla product which should by good business means be 2 or 3 of the 5 cars.How can you dislike something very important,a tool economical enough to make running your business easy,and you're seeking business advice?If you go ahead and buy 5 Elantras for drivers to drive for you on Uber/Bolt,good luck sir....If you hate Corolla,keep the hatred...avoid it for your personal use...but if it is one of the best products to generate you good profit and peace of mind,then,set your dislike for it aside and let objectivity to your business success guide you.Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 10:30pm On Jan 26, 2021
deedee44:

Abeg teach me how to use gif meme

U no go school ;.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 10:31pm On Jan 26, 2021
dru23:

U no go school ;.
Dem no teach me meme for school

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 10:34pm On Jan 26, 2021
deedee44:

Na one way traffic man, anywhere belle face. Him no go gree grin

That one way traffic has taken me places .. What about u grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 10:36pm On Jan 26, 2021
deedee44:

Dem no teach me meme for school

U didn't learn much either .. Coz if u did ..make I stop
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 10:42pm On Jan 26, 2021
dru23:

My issue here is it that hard to follow instructions of the car manufacturers. This is why I say in the past that hybrid cars are not good for naija environment
Bros don't be offended ooo, what's so special about hybrid cars? I discouraged someone from buying it, he later went ahead to purchase it today. He said he saw someone using it
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 10:44pm On Jan 26, 2021
dru23:

That one way traffic has taken me places .. What about u grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 10:44pm On Jan 26, 2021
Gentlelife50:

Bros don't be offended ooo, what's so special about hybrid cars? I discouraged someone from buying it, he later went ahead to purchase it today. He said he saw someone using it

U didn't read my post well be dat .. I stated that hybrid cars are not good for naija environment due to the fact that when it comes to petrol cars naija lacks proper maintainance culture .. And hybrids will not tolerant abuse and parts can be costly
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 10:56pm On Jan 26, 2021
dru23:

U didn't learn much either .. Coz if u did ..make I stop
Say what you want to say or forever..

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lagusboyyy(m): 11:02pm On Jan 26, 2021
Sammyclarinet:

The first error of his post is that he already has a distaste for Corolla product which should by good business means be 2 or 3 of the 5 cars.How can you dislike something very important,a tool economical enough to make running your business easy,and you're seeking business advice?If you go ahead and buy 5 Elantras for drivers to drive for you on Uber/Bolt,good luck sir....If you hate Corolla,keep the hatred...avoid it for your personal use...but if it is one of the best products to generate you good profit and peace of mind,then,set your dislike for it aside and let objectivity to your business success guide you.Thanks
I Love This.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 11:05pm On Jan 26, 2021
shollywendy1:

Thank you for the update.
God will bless that guy that challenged you for not knowing what's going on in your town..hahahahshaaa.
grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 11:09pm On Jan 26, 2021
dru23:

Do u ever ask yourself why we import so many car engine into Nigeria.. The rate car engine is been imported into the country, is very alarming..............

The demand for engine outweighs the supply... think about ..........

dru! DRU!! DRU!!!

Did you not say you have finished with oil matter in 2021? This your new year resolution wey no make am past January nko?

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 11:14pm On Jan 26, 2021
radautoworks:

dru! DRU!! DRU!!!

Did you not say you have finished with oil matter in 2021? This your new year resolution wey no make am past January nko?

Don't mind plz my bipolar kicks in every now and than

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 11:14pm On Jan 26, 2021
Felicity0001:

I tire ooh (to the bold)

People need to understand this is business and not pleasure or it's relatives. Periodic maintenance of vehicles is the most important aspect in automobiles especially when it comes to transportation. So it will be more prudent to apply the best and minimal cost practices because there is a huge difference btw transportation and personal usage.

A car meant for personal use can go as long as 5-10yrs or even more but if a car meant for transportation(tok) last 5yrs on the road in a particular line(uber/Bolt) then one can comfortably say that car has live beyond its expectations (must have exceeds it profit limit)

In a nutshell, if using a cheaper means of maintenance (say 20w50 or whatever it's called) for 5yrs and car still performs well without any change of engine (in which a good tok car can) then one can say it's a good business risk that yield profit. I know of a guy in this position, his matrix will be 5yrs on ehailing in 2months time, engine is still good, he's trying to sell to buy corolla 2010 and people are already pricing N950k/1m. So if it's relatives to one then, I think it doesn't make any business sense to be expensive on a car you know you'll sell in less than 3yrs because nobody will/is gonna be interested to listen to weather you spend 100k mainteaning a car you've used for 5yrs when you put the same car up for sale. Its almost same or almost the same amount the guy that uses premium oil sells his car is what the other guy that used the cheap oil will also sell if the two cars and engines are still working noise or noise.

The average american car is 8 years old. How many Nigerians can keep a car 8 years without changing engine?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Slickleo: 11:20pm On Jan 26, 2021
deedee44:

All dis argument na wa, engine is burning oil because it is developing a fault wich u knw so 20w50 surviving more Dan 5w30 on oil burning engine doesn't make it beta only dat it is thinker.

Ask ur self if u buy a direct tokunbo of that same car or brand new will u use 20ow50 or 5w30

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 11:20pm On Jan 26, 2021
izzou:

Not trying to delve into you and Dru's talk, but using Synthetic oil is more cost efficient than the mineral oil.

You don't need to top up every 1000 miles with a Synthetic oil

Did you consider that too?

Anyway, I'm enjoying the debate bro cool

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 11:23pm On Jan 26, 2021
radautoworks:

The average american car is 8 years old. How many Nigerians can keep a car 8 years without changing engine?

Radauto Radauto this is 2021 o make we leave the matter o .....

My last year home ..come see naija cars .. You go 1 side of the car shinning like dey pour grease .. The other side don fade finish .. U go think say maybe owner no get money to finish paint job .... than are different types of smoke from tailpipe yellow smoke , black smoke , gray etc

Most of those are so dented with sharp objects sticking out .. It becomes a driving weapon and coffin .....

Sha make I continue ? Than u go some the car is tilted to 1 side sha make I continue
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Slickleo: 11:25pm On Jan 26, 2021
dru23:

Yes people do abuse cars too .. I have said it in the past I will never buy naija used cars .. The level of abuse will be much higher than tokunbo cars .......you will never see me buy naija used cars ...unless I know the owner personally ..this will be rare case though

Oga u will never buy 9ja use because ur level pass em, and again hw u go Dy dat way still come here buy 9ja used na err.
Abeg all man 4 e kettle, as 4 me na Mobil 2000 semi synthetic sure pass

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 11:29pm On Jan 26, 2021
Slickleo:

All dis argument na wa, engine is burning oil because it is developing a fault wich u knw so 20w50 surviving more Dan 5w30 on oil burning engine doesn't make it beta only dat it is thinker.

Ask ur self if u buy a direct tokunbo of that same car or brand new will u use 20ow50 or 5w30

That is what coz the confusion .. I don't know who got it confuse me or the deeded guy ..my own is that if ur car dey short oil .. U are on ur own and we can agree using manufacture grade will not work ......

But to me it seems that the deeded guy was saying 20w50 was ok regardless if the car has issues or not ...

But even if your car dey short isn't better to find out by it is shorting oil
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 11:33pm On Jan 26, 2021
Slickleo:

Oga u will never buy 9ja use because ur level pass em, and again hw u go Dy dat way still come here buy 9ja used na err.
Abeg all man 4 e kettle, as 4 me na Mobil 2000 semi synthetic sure pass

Me I dey buy naija use cars ? Dru23 me that export cars to naija .... Abi I no understand wetin u write
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 11:43pm On Jan 26, 2021
Slickleo:

Ask ur self[b] if u buy a direct tokunbo of that same car or brand new will u use 20ow50 or 5w30[/b]
5w30
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Slickleo: 11:44pm On Jan 26, 2021
dru23:

Me I dey buy naija use cars ? Dru23 me that export cars to naija .... Abi I no understand wetin u write

E be like u don watch dat arewa video dat dy are calling for jagaban arrest way make u no understand grin

1 love all

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (3359) (3360) (3361) (3362) (3363) (3364) (3365) ... (5694) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Welz(m), konkoabove and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.