Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,687 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (3361) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4764818 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3358) (3359) (3360) (3361) (3362) (3363) (3364) ... (5695) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jan 26, 2021
IFSHR:

That's my approach brother, I am out there to hustle in best way, nicest way, smartest way and Fiercest way possible, you get what you give me, it's my car and my service, you don't measure I don't render it at all.

You want to do transfer, you must be ready to show me your debit alert,

I checked the rider's notification that did last season sendoff for me yet I still fell victim
grin

my mind no trust your appearance you must be ready to use ATM to withdraw, you no get ATM, he means you go wait make I see alert ( I trust GTB on that).

Make I wait for u abi? Card trip I will wait but sir/ma if you don't come out in 10mins time, I will have to end trip, you agree I wait, you no agree, I end trip and move to the next. For cash trip, sir/ma I am sorry due to previous encounter on the job, i can only wait if you will drop your phone, I am sorry, or better still let's end the trip and hopeful, when you request when you are ready, I might still be in vicinity.

You pack all your load waiting for the innocent car that will help you carry it for 500. And bolt go give me your request. Oga driver thats the load, thank God you are driving a Jeep...Me: , smiley oga mi your load money na 1000 + plus anything wey the trip fare end, ..........but that's not how bolt operate na....am sorry sir, you can cancel and request for the next victim.

On Ratings: from the very first trip I have never asked/begged for rider to rate me 5 or anything..by itself he go down and rise up again. . In the one last week It went from 4.52 to 4.78

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 6:36pm On Jan 26, 2021
deedee44:

Use another meme. I'm not pissed off

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IFSHR: 6:43pm On Jan 26, 2021
brogxy:

For him to have initiated the transfer and it showed success and you confirmed all the detailed information to be correct and probably it was later reversed, I can beat my chest that such person will pay your money.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 6:49pm On Jan 26, 2021
dru23:

Dry.

Byebye
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 6:51pm On Jan 26, 2021
deedee44:

Dry.

Byebye

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 7:15pm On Jan 26, 2021
deedee44:

No be everybody dey maintain engine for Yankee I don see some tokunbo wey just land with sludge grin

Next?... cool

Baba this is very true.

Today I saw camry big daddy tokunbo, that was smoking. No number plate yet. I'm like oyinbo sef they misuse car too . grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 7:22pm On Jan 26, 2021
dru23:

Expired meme. Work wey don done tey tey grin

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 7:24pm On Jan 26, 2021
northbird:

Baba this is very true.

Today I saw camry big daddy tokunbo, that was smoking. No number plate yet. I'm like oyinbo sef they misuse car too . grin
Lol don't mind honourable dru, always overhyping his oyinbo people

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 7:50pm On Jan 26, 2021
northbird:

Baba this is very true.

Oyinbo hmmm? Which oyinbo naija Lebanese na dat 1 u people call oyinbo ,Abi na person wey dey light in complexion ? ....... grin

Well anyways in the USA , I don't know about other developed countries.... You can't be driving around with no lincense plates o .. Your car will be taken away from you and your drivers lincense can be revoked.........

And u can't be driving around with smoke coming out of your tailpipe of ur car .. It means your car has either fail inspection or your car had developed issue at that currant time......

There are rules and regulations in the developed world .. You just dont enter car and enter road dey drive my brother....... Let us try to be civilized here o cool

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 7:54pm On Jan 26, 2021
deedee44:

Expired meme. Work wey don done tey tey grin

Just like the engine oil u use for ur car grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jan 26, 2021
IFSHR:

For him to have initiated the transfer and it showed success and you confirmed all the detailed information to be correct and probably it was later reversed, I can beat my chest that such person will pay your money.

Guess you are wrong. I posted it in on this thread then.
brogxy:
Morning FAM, help need for this scammer!

Bolt encourages this transfer, hence drivers will always be at the receiving end.

This guy made a transfer, got down from the vehicle without showing proof of transaction not until I called him to show transaction details which he did.

I guess there should be a reversal or he was out for fraud because he has blocked me.

Fare is N3,100, his number 08051453864

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 8:08pm On Jan 26, 2021
dru23:

Just like the engine oil u use for ur car grin
Na you sabi sir grin. That engine is close to 230k miles and still going strong, with the help of that "expired" oil cool

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eyinola: 8:14pm On Jan 26, 2021
deedee44:

I stay put too. On indriver the proximity is way wider than that of bolt. Some riders even overlook drivers that are few minutes away and pick one that is faraway because they're not ready. It has happened to me before several times so it's not always by being the closest to a request
on bolt , u will be with someone in d car and the request will picked a driver who is 5mins away grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 8:25pm On Jan 26, 2021
deedee44:

Na you sabi sir grin. That engine is close to 230k miles and still going strong, with the help of that "expired" oil [

grin your car on the way to Dubai vs real life ....shows us this ur car make we see Bros grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 8:30pm On Jan 26, 2021
deedee44:

Bros if you can use a car for 3 years doing ehailing and it still runs like new, i don't know what else you want. You can't use your car forever

I tire ooh (to the bold)

People need to understand this is business and not pleasure or it's relatives. Periodic maintenance of vehicles is the most important aspect in automobiles especially when it comes to transportation. So it will be more prudent to apply the best and minimal cost practices because there is a huge difference btw transportation and personal usage.

A car meant for personal use can go as long as 5-10yrs or even more but if a car meant for transportation(tok) last 5yrs on the road in a particular line(uber/Bolt) then one can comfortably say that car has live beyond its expectations (must have exceeds it profit limit)

In a nutshell, if using a cheaper means of maintenance (say 20w50 or whatever it's called) for 5yrs and car still performs well without any change of engine (in which a good tok car can) then one can say it's a good business risk that yield profit. I know of a guy in this position, his matrix will be 5yrs on ehailing in 2months time, engine is still good, he's trying to sell to buy corolla 2010 and people are already pricing N950k/1m. So if it's relatives to one then, I think it doesn't make any business sense to be expensive on a car you know you'll sell in less than 3yrs because nobody will/is gonna be interested to listen to weather you spend 100k mainteaning a car you've used for 5yrs when you put the same car up for sale. Its almost same or almost the same amount the guy that uses premium oil sells his car is what the other guy that used the cheap oil will also sell if the two cars and engines are still working noise or noise.

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 8:32pm On Jan 26, 2021
shollywendy1:

Thank you for the update.
God will bless that guy that challenged you for not knowing what's going on in your town..hahahahshaaa.

Bad guygrin cool

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IFSHR: 9:11pm On Jan 26, 2021
eyinola:
on bolt , u will be with someone in d car and the request will picked a driver who is 5mins away grin

That's because the bolt algorithm works with FIFO sometimes and Drivers history of trip when pairing a rider with a driver (All things being equal)

FIFO.....First in First out ...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 9:16pm On Jan 26, 2021
dru23:

grin your car on the way to Dubai vs real life ....shows us this ur car make we see Bros grin
Why should I show you?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 9:29pm On Jan 26, 2021
deedee44:

Why should I show you?

Coz I talk the talk and walk the walk ......u do the same
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 9:34pm On Jan 26, 2021
Felicity0001:

I tire ooh (to the bold)

People need to understand this is business and not pleasure or it's relatives. Periodic maintenance of vehicles is the most important aspect in automobiles especially when it comes to transportation. So it will be more prudent to apply the best and minimal cost practices because there is a huge difference btw transportation and personal usage.

Maybe a little mathematics will convince him.

I top up with 1 ltr of oil aprox. every 1000 miles.

Difference btw mobil 1 synthetic 1 ltr and sharlu 20w50 1 ltr is around 3k so i save 3000 on each top up.

Engine has covered over 100, 000 miles, that means I've topped up around 100 times.
3000 x 100 times
That's 300,000 saved (and still counting)

Now oga dru23 if I have been putting that money in a safe, I can go and buy another engine now, and the old one is still working perfectly. Do you understand now?

What they teach you in school is always different from what experience will teach you in real life

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 9:35pm On Jan 26, 2021
Felicity0001:

I tire ooh (to the bold)

A car meant for personal use can go as long as 5-10yrs or even more but if a car meant for transportation(tok) last 5yrs on the road in a particular line(uber/Bolt) then one can comfortably say that car has live beyond its expectations (must have exceeds it profit limit)

In a nutshell, if using a cheaper means of maintenance (say 20w50 or whatever it's called) for 5yrs and car still performs well without any change of engine (in which a good tok car can) then one can say it's a good business risk that yield profit. I know of a guy in this position, his matrix will be 5yrs on ehailing in 2months time, engine is still good, he's trying to sell to buy corolla 2010 and people are already pricing N950k/1m. So if it's relatives to one then, I think it doesn't make any business sense to be expensive on a car you know you'll sell in less than 3yrs because nobody will/is gonna be interested to listen to weather you spend 100k mainteaning a car you've used for 5yrs when you put the same car up for sale. Its almost same or almost the same amount the guy that uses premium oil sells his car is what the other guy that used the cheap oil will also sell if the two cars and engines are still working noise or noise.

Ladipo engine seller are rubbing their hands ;. They are ordering for more tokunbo engine ...... grin me taking advice this ur write is like asking a blind man for direction grin.. Sure he could direct me , but I hope I don't fall into a ditch.....

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 9:35pm On Jan 26, 2021
dru23:

Coz I talk the talk and walk the walk ......u do the same
I will show you my odometer when I'm about to go out tomorrow morning sir
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 9:40pm On Jan 26, 2021
deedee44:

Maybe a little mathematics will convince him.

I top up with 1 ltr of oil aprox. every 1000 miles.

Difference btw mobil 1 synthetic 1 ltr and sharlu 20w50 1 ltr is around 3k so i save 3000 on each top up.

Engine has covered over 100, 000 miles, that means I've topped up around 100 times.
3000 x 100 times
That's 300,000 saved (and still counting)

Now oga dru23 if I have been putting that money in a safe, I can go and buy another engine now, and the old one is still working perfectly. Do you understand now?

What they teach you in school is always different from what experience will teach you in real life

Bros ur are wasting ur talent in Nigeria o.. It seems to me u know better than the car manufacture engineers .. You need to be on the advisory board ... Toyota Motor , ford Motors and Hyundai will be calling u shortly to seek engineering advice .... Maybe u can also advice them on the type of car to build for 2023...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 9:43pm On Jan 26, 2021
dru23:

Bros ur are wasting ur talent in Nigeria o.. It seems to me u know better than the car manufacture engineers .. You need to be on the advisory board ... Toyota Motor , ford Motors and Hyundai will be calling u shortly to seek engineering advice .... Maybe u can also advice them on the type of car to build for 2023...
I rest my case sir. I cannot help you understand

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 9:47pm On Jan 26, 2021
deedee44:

I will show you my odometer when I'm about to go out tomorrow morning sir

You can show ur friends bro.. Am good .........i seek advice from the pros sir .......it is like me seeking medical advice from a pilot .....
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 9:49pm On Jan 26, 2021
deedee44:

Nope sir ....u can't help me at all .......
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 9:50pm On Jan 26, 2021
deedee44:

Not trying to delve into you and Dru's talk, but using Synthetic oil is more cost efficient than the mineral oil.

You don't need to top up every 1000 miles with a Synthetic oil

Did you consider that too?

Anyway, I'm enjoying the debate bro cool

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tbayocoded: 9:57pm On Jan 26, 2021
Gh
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 9:59pm On Jan 26, 2021
izzou:

Not trying to delve into you and Dru's talk, but using Synthetic oil is more cost efficient than the mineral oil.

You don't need to top up every 1000 miles with a Synthetic oil

Did you consider that too?

Anyway, I'm enjoying the debate bro cool
Engine was burning oil, the first time I serviced it I used 5w30 synthetic, but before the week ran out it was already at the low guage of the dipstick so I had to keep topping. Next service I switched to 20w50 and it happened to be one of the best decisions i've taken in my life grin
I was expecting engine to pack up in approx 6 months later but to the glory of God I'm still travelling upandan with that engine.
If my engine doesn't dry oil I would surely use 5w30 synthetic but for this situation? I pass cheesy

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 10:02pm On Jan 26, 2021
deedee44:

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 10:02pm On Jan 26, 2021
deedee44:

Engine was burning oil, the first time I serviced it I used 5w30 synthetic, but before the week ran out it was already at the low guage of the dipstick so I had to keep topping. Next service I switched to 20w50 and it happened to be one of the best decisions i've taken in my life grin
I was expecting engine to pack up in approx 6 months later but to the glory of God I'm still travelling upandan with that engine.
If my engine doesn't dry oil I would surely use 5w30 synthetic but for this situation? I pass cheesy

Below is my trip to car shows I go .. I had took so many pictures of cars at this show .. I lost a lot of them and I have plenty of videos from this car show ......

You stated that what they teach in classroom is different from the real world etc.. Well I rather take advice from the car manufacture themselves that build this beautiful machines ...... I don't want to insult your intelligence .but u are not well qualified on the matter even meself is not qualified on the matter .. So listern to people that are

I even pass through the engine oil factory in Japan . I lost those pictures too..

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 10:03pm On Jan 26, 2021
dru23:

Oyinbo hmmm? Which oyinbo naija Lebanese na dat 1 u people call oyinbo ,Abi na person wey dey light in complexion ? ....... grin

Well anyways in the USA , I don't know about other developed countries.... You can't be driving around with no lincense plates o .. Your car will be taken away from you and your drivers lincense can be revoked.........

And u can't be driving around with smoke coming out of your tailpipe of ur car .. It means your car has either fail inspection or your car had developed issue at that currant time......

There are rules and regulations in the developed world .. You just dont enter car and enter road dey drive my brother....... Let us try to be civilized here o cool

Did you read @ all

If it's a tokunbo car, in Nigeria parlance, who is referring to an oyinbo driving it. I mean they also abuse engines too.

Let me spell it out for you. A tokunbo big daddy that was bought some days earlier.

Dude brought it to the mech workshop, car was having issues. No number plates, means it has not been registered...

Car was smoking. Even the humming was not too cool. And he bought it direct.

Even a blind man knows this vehicle came straight from the port.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3358) (3359) (3360) (3361) (3362) (3363) (3364) ... (5695) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.