Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,631 members, 7,809,359 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:17 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (3359) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4727482 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3356) (3357) (3358) (3359) (3360) (3361) (3362) ... (5687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gogettaz: 11:32am On Jan 26, 2021
I would advice you go in with as lower equity as possible. Since you don't like popular brands, if you can find a good non problematic car at half the price of the 2011 Elantra, go for it.
Peugeots are great if you can handle the stress of manual transmission.

As for getting to destination, you will learn on the job. Just believe in yourself and smart up.

Idaytesj29:
Hello good people, I am about to start Uber business, I will own my car and drive it personally. I am looking at getting 2011 Hyundai Elantra for it and relocate to Lagos for the business.

My question is

Is my intended car and year okay for uber? Cos I am not a Toyota person, infact I don't like popular brand, I currently cruise a Peugeot.

Secondly, as someone very new to Lagos, not totally cos I did my masters in Unilag, will I be able to get by finding the riders destinations?

Thank you
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Monacokyle: 11:51am On Jan 26, 2021
kanuisagoat:

You just have to be more careful at some places like Yaba. Watch the way vehicles are parked before you enter any street and the direction vehicles are moving. Ask your rider if you're not too sure. Also, in my experience(I may be wrong, its only my 4th month on ehailing) Google map will not take you through a one way route.

As for hypemiling, its a driving technique aimed at reducing fuel economy to the barest minimum. You can read up on Google.

And for some reasons I don't know, most ladies are always in a hurry. Someone is always somewhere waiting for them, disturbing them with calls asking where they are.

So when you're with those kind of riders forget about hypermilling else you won't last one week on bolt.

Thank you so much sir
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Monacokyle: 11:52am On Jan 26, 2021
Sammyclarinet:

Don't be too confident about Google map oooooo...it would take you thru one way in Shomolu area oooo...and it does that with confidence;just don't know why.So,the best option still remains:paying careful attention to the direction of the vehicles at the junction as well as analysing the way vehicles are parked.

As for burning fuel around:study the environment where you park.As you drive each day,study locations where riders come out in the morning,such as estates and residential areas and study where rides are needed to pick up students from schools in the afternoon...then move away from traffic jammed areas in the evenings so you can cover more spaces and maximize everything.....

#justfrommypersonalexperiences

Thank you so much sir

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Monacokyle: 11:53am On Jan 26, 2021
northbird:

Henceforth, keep your eyes open.... Watch out for erected poles, anything standing on the road ....

It still beats me how some drivers enter the one way @ ICM, and the No U turn @ Governor's road. I mean, this is big enough now. grin

Some are faded/ inconspicuous .. E.g the one at barlikisiyu Iyede road.. Harvey road that connects to Unilag ( the one way signage looks like a piece of Maggi cube on a Plate of rice)

Look further ahead when driving.... On ehailng, you must develop ur sixth sense... Esp. when you are on the mainland.

Thank you so much sir
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 12:04pm On Jan 26, 2021
davit:
The girl is a hardened criminal. You need to see other chats on Facebook.
I only acted based on the chat conversation with the lady's brother. Reason why I said if the lady's side of the story is true
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 1:11pm On Jan 26, 2021
OJURONGBE1:

I feel your plight but sorry, this thread rally round its members more . You people will not contribute to a post nor offer empathy in time of despair but anytime you lots fall victim to a rider's mischief, they will run here looking for help.
That is how the other one came here to outsmart honourable members of this thread to win a car scanner, ever since then, he's no where to be found.

Boss no tear my belle nah grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 1:13pm On Jan 26, 2021
davit:
No my able Pope. I just belive injustice to any driver in this biz, is injustice to others. I ve been following the case on Facebook since it started. The girl is just using the police station report story to defend herself.

The police should invite bolt of them nah, right now it's hard to tell who's right or wrong.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by omorkelly(m): 1:21pm On Jan 26, 2021
Her line isn't going through but she's online on WhatsApp and I've dropped some messages therein

[quote author=davit post=98439599]Hello Pilots,
This woman here named Ayoola Abimbola just stole a driver’s iPhone 6s and 7500 from his safe,
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 1:22pm On Jan 26, 2021
Sunday Ighoho's house in Soka Ibadan is on fire!!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IFSHR: 1:25pm On Jan 26, 2021
radautoworks:
Sunday Ighoho's house in Soka Ibadan is was on fire!!

wink
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 1:37pm On Jan 26, 2021
IFSHR:

wink
thank you. I forget you guys are living in the future.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 2:08pm On Jan 26, 2021
deedee44:

There are some things that we overhype when it comes to car maintenance. This one no be say dem say, it's my experience of almost 3 years and counting.

I said it here almost 3 years ago. I've been using 20w50 because my engine was already burning oil when I bought it so I switched to the cheapest good oil and save up oil money to get another engine, sharlu for that matter for close to 3 years, my engine is still quiet and going strong. I travel almost 2 to 3 times every week on a norms. I just make sure I change as at when due

I've been using water too, I'm not saying coolant is not good but it's not like if you use water heaven will fall.

See how much I would have lost if I have been using mobil 1, topping up with 1 ltr 1000 miles or less. I've done over 100,000 miles now and engine has not died, I've saved on oil more than I would use to buy another engine grin

So this thing is just to apply common sense, and not to follow every instructions blindly.

Those old man that drive those beat up passat for yellow cab .. Those cabs that the body is all banged up and their car is tilted to 1 side with over size tires ...

Them too will tell you that their car is doing fine .....your reasoning is not much different from them......as long as the car moves takes them to point A to point B the car runs perfect according to them ..... grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 2:20pm On Jan 26, 2021
dru23:

Those old man that drive those beat up passat for yellow cab .. Those cabs that the body is all banged up and their car is tilted to 1 side with over size tires ...

Them too will tell you that their car is doing fine .....your reasoning is not much different from them......as long as the car moves takes them to point A to point B the car runs perfect according to them .....
Bros if you can use a car for 3 years doing ehailing and it still runs like new, i don't know what else you want. You can't use your car forever

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by samobaba4u(m): 2:21pm On Jan 26, 2021
OJURONGBE1:

I feel your plight but sorry, this thread rally round its members more . You people will not contribute to a post nor offer empathy in time of despair but anytime you lots fall victim to a rider's mischief, they will run here looking for help.
That is how the other one came here to outsmart honourable members of this thread to win a car scanner, ever since then, he's no where to be found.
God bless you for this I've been want ask about the guy

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 2:26pm On Jan 26, 2021
radautoworks:
Sunday Ighoho's house in Soka Ibadan is on fire!!
Thank you for the update.
God will bless that guy that challenged you for not knowing what's going on in your town..hahahahshaaa.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 2:34pm On Jan 26, 2021
Idaytesj29:

Can somebody say something? Bypassing my post like this not fair oooo. Biko ooo

Your choice of car will not stand the test of time in this business as per durability and cost of maintainance, even though it is fuel economical. If u don't like Toyota, then u can do Honda Civic 2003-2008 or an earlier Hyundai e.g 2003-2010, even your peogeot can fly provided it's more than 2003 and engine size isn't more than 2.0

If u don't really know the way, google map, drivers app and riders direction will help you get around.

All the best

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OJURONGBE1(m): 2:34pm On Jan 26, 2021
dru23:

Them too will tell you that their car is doing fine .....your reasoning is not much different from them......as long as the car moves takes them to point A to point B the car runs perfect according to them ..... grin

Na wetin Uche talk say make we dey do be that na grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by samobaba4u(m): 2:38pm On Jan 26, 2021
pope191:

The police should invite bolt of them nah, right now it's hard to tell who's right or wrong.

This hustle henn, see what bolt turned a whole Pope to grin

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OJURONGBE1(m): 2:41pm On Jan 26, 2021
pope191:

Boss no tear my belle nah grin

Bro, his attitude while garnering likes & comments for the win irked me.
Yes, e pain me say i no win am wink but it wont displease me if a member or an active person won it.
If another give away show now, u go see new monikers flying around like bees.

11 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 2:43pm On Jan 26, 2021
Abeg who know person wey know person wey know person wey win that Bolt Mega Challenge Brand New Car? I wan interview them grin

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CryptoClub2018: 2:43pm On Jan 26, 2021
OJURONGBE1:

I just started yesterday sir
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 2:45pm On Jan 26, 2021
samobaba4u:

This hustle henn, see what bbolt turned a whole Pope to grin

Shows he is a real ambassador. Even him phone dey autocorrect to bolt grin grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OJURONGBE1(m): 2:46pm On Jan 26, 2021
CryptoClub2018:

I just started yesterday sir

I'm sorry, i was hard on you. Please forgive me. No worry, Bros dem go try their best grin
If you eventually recover your money, u self dey try check on this thread once in a while.
Update! Make we read your tory, laugh & learn from it.
I dey call the barga right away wink
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bammzzie(m): 2:48pm On Jan 26, 2021
samobaba4u:

This hustle henn, see what bbolt turned a whole Pope to grin
His blood has been "bolted" grin grin

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 2:55pm On Jan 26, 2021
deedee44:

Bros if you can use a car for 3 years doing ehailing and it still runs like new, i don't know what else you want. You can't use your car forever

New means different things to different people.. My naija neighbor car has finally packed up .. This my neighbor will wash the car every morning, the car is well taken care of physically... but na 20w50 engine oil crew he be ...

The engine finally gave up o ... he now sold it .. It is now a new car to the next sucker ........

So car running like new is very relative to different people .. This is why car engine is a big market in Nigeria... Nigerias change engine like the change lane on the road

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CryptoClub2018: 2:58pm On Jan 26, 2021
OJURONGBE1:

I'm sorry, i was hard on you. Please forgive me. No worry, Bros dem go try their best grin
If you eventually recover your money, u self dey try check on this thread once in a while.
Update! Make we read your tory, laugh & learn from it.
I dey call the barga right away wink

Thanks bro. He diverted all calls and I can only send him text and WhatsApp messages. He is a fraudster sir

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by samobaba4u(m): 3:07pm On Jan 26, 2021
Pearl1910:

Shows he is a real ambassador. Even him phone dey autocorrect to bolt grin grin
grin grin grin grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OJURONGBE1(m): 3:09pm On Jan 26, 2021
CryptoClub2018:

Thanks bro. He diverted all calls and I can only send him text and WhatsApp messages. He is a fraudster sir

Please can you screenshot the trip here?
Let me forward it to him

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 3:12pm On Jan 26, 2021
dru23:

New means different things to different people.. My naija neighbor car has finally packed up .. This my neighbor will wash the car every morning, the car is well taken care of physically... but na 20w50 engine oil crew he be ...

The engine finally gave up o ... he now sold it .. It is now a new car to the next sucker ........

So car running like new is very relative to different people .. This is why car engine is a big market in Nigeria... Nigerias change engine like the change lane on the road
So if you use 5w30, the engine will last forever?

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by samobaba4u(m): 3:18pm On Jan 26, 2021
dru23:

Na him get him belle and him say him no hungry wetin again? Let d next user battle it when the time comes now átóńbùrú he said he had saved enough money from oil more that the amount to buy another engine. That's profit maximization now

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by samobaba4u(m): 3:19pm On Jan 26, 2021
OJURONGBE1:

Please can you screenshot the trip here?
Let me forward it to him
Good job
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 3:20pm On Jan 26, 2021
Ahhgggg
samobaba4u:

This hustle henn, see what bolt turned a whole Pope to grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (3356) (3357) (3358) (3359) (3360) (3361) (3362) ... (5687) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.