Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,073 members, 7,814,713 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (3472) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4741594 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3469) (3470) (3471) (3472) (3473) (3474) (3475) ... (5689) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 2:30pm On Mar 02, 2021
Carbonated:
Good afternoon bosses
Please I'm In dire need of a favour, Pls assist one of your brothers who Is working and building towards his future.
I can drive, most especially automatic but I'm not perfect yet. So pls I need someone who Is sometimes less busy on weekend so I can come over and we will move around together. I will be responsible for fueling. I'm a legit and friendly person, I've transacted with some nairalanders on here. I reside around abule-egba. I hope someone will assist me out. My WhatsApp/Call digits Is on my signature. Thank you......

Contact me

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 2:33pm On Mar 02, 2021
Felicity001:
For those arguing about fuel consumption with AC and increase in fan speed, I hope this helps to put the argument to rest.

Does the increase in fan speed of a car's AC decrease its fuel efficiency? Why or why not?
Geoffrey Lepp
Answered 5 years ago

If you mean to ask if higher fan speed with the AC will reduce your MPG, it certainly will! The AC in your car (aside from electric AC systems found in hybrid and electric cars) works differently from the electric systems in buildings and houses. Automotive AC systems use a compressor driven by the engine through an electromagnetic clutch. This allows the compressor to be disengaged when not in use. When you use the AC, the air is cooled by passing over the evaporator which is cooled by the work done by the compressor. The evaporator gets cooled to about 34°F but not much lower to prevent ice accumulating. When the evaporator reaches that temperature, the compressor is disconnected by the clutch. As air continues to flow over the evaporator, the evaporator takes the heat from the air and its temperature increases. When the evaporator reaches about 42°, the compressor clutch is engaged and the evaporator is cooled back to 34°.

Increasing the airflow over the evaporator causes it cool down more slowly with the compressor engaged and heat up more quickly with the compressor disengaged. This results in the compressor running for more time, which takes more power from the engine and results in fewer MPG than when the airflow over the evaporator is lower.

It takes work to cool air. The work is ultimately done by the engine. More work is required to cool more air. Electric AC systems are governed by the same rules.

Here another answer by a prof.

Eric Ward
Answered 4 years ago

There are two fans for the AC unit in the car. One for the evaporator and one for the condensor. The one that you control from your dash board is for the evaporator. Most of the power for the AC unit is used for the compressor. The more airflow that you have, the more efficient the AC system is. But you can reach the point of diminishing returns with higher and higher air speeds providing little increase in efficiency. So to answer your question, medium to fast speed is the best.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carbonated: 2:36pm On Mar 02, 2021
Felicity001:

Contact me

Alright thanks boss, I will do that soon!!!
Modified:I've sent you a mail.....
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 2:37pm On Mar 02, 2021
Finally, so I hope this put the matter to a lasting rest.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 2:44pm On Mar 02, 2021
Felicity001:
Finally, so I hope this put the matter to a lasting rest.
So the answer is increasing AC doesn't necessarily translate to more fuel consumption, abi!
grin
What gives load to the engine is the compressor, like I said whenever it picks.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lanre2009: 4:27pm On Mar 02, 2021
Guys pls is it compulsory for one to have the following before one will be accepted to the Uber or bolt platform as a new driver

1.Hackney permit
2. Driver badge
3. Vehicle body tag

Thanks for the prompt response......
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 4:41pm On Mar 02, 2021
Gentlelife50:

So the answer is increasing AC doesn't necessarily translate to more fuel consumption, abi!
grin
What gives load to the engine is the compressor, like I said whenever it picks.
Everything you use in the car that is powered by the car consumes fuel in the end, it may be so little that you won't notice but it doesn't mean it doesn't cost extra fuel. From your headlamps to your wiper down to rolling up and down the windows. Even your car stereo or that extra baggage in the booth.
The electrical parts draw power from the alternator which in turn draws power from the engine.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Beng1234: 4:44pm On Mar 02, 2021
Good day, can someone link me up with the bolt driver that’s now an agent on the island? Very urgent
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 4:45pm On Mar 02, 2021
lanre2009:
Guys pls is it compulsory for one to have the following before one will be accepted to the Uber or bolt platform as a new driver

1.Hackney permit
2. Driver badge
3. Vehicle body tag

Thanks for the prompt response......
For bolt no, for uber I think so

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 4:51pm On Mar 02, 2021
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Deigofortune: 6:35pm On Mar 02, 2021
Good evening Guys... I'm fortune a bolt driver in Asaba, I was attack and robbed on Feb 6, I got shot 3x at the spot, I was lucky enough to survived it and none of the bullet hit my bone, which the went away with my Car, Phone and the rest of my valued items, all sesame thank God for Life, I have already send robbery report to bolt by Mail, which I was called on phone to narrates how it happened and I did, I was instructed to make a valued claimed report of my Stolen items, and to send they hospital bills to then, for refund or compensation... I'm only dropping this news here to know, if you guys have witness or experience any positive testimony from our follow drivers by bolt compensating there drivers as Robbery victims..

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 6:53pm On Mar 02, 2021
Deigofortune:
Good evening Guys... I'm fortune a bolt driver in Asaba, I was attack and robbed on Feb 6, I shot 3x at the spot, and I was lucky enough to survived it and that none of the bullet hit my bone, which the went away with my Car, Phone and the rest of my valued documents, I have already send robbery report to bolt by Mail, which I was called on phone to narrates how it happened and I did, I was instructed to make a valued claimed report of my Stolen items, and to send they hospital bills to then, for refund or compensation... I'm only drop this news here to know, if you guys have witness or experience any positive testimony from bolt compensate there drivers on Robbery victims..
So sorry about your ordeal man, but since they asked you send them the bills for refund or compensation why don't you go ahead and do so after all you won't anything trying.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by omorkelly(m): 6:54pm On Mar 02, 2021
Deigofortune:
Good evening Guys... I'm fortune a bolt driver in Asaba, I was attack and robbed on Feb 6, I shot 3x at the spot, and I was lucky enough to survived it and that none of the bullet hit my bone, which the went away with my Car, Phone and the rest of my valued documents, I have already send robbery report to bolt by Mail, which I was called on phone to narrates how it happened and I did, I was instructed to make a valued claimed report of my Stolen items, and to send they hospital bills to then, for refund or compensation... I'm only drop this news here to know, if you guys have witness or experience any positive testimony from bolt compensate there drivers on Robbery victims..

Whaooo. So sorry for your ordeal and than the Almighty for keeping you to narrate this story.
Since you have acted as advised, then you wait and see the outcome fron bolt.
I wish you speedy recovery.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Deigofortune: 7:06pm On Mar 02, 2021
Thanks Bro!

omorkelly:

Whaooo. So sorry for your ordeal and than the Almighty for keeping you to narrate this story.
Since you have acted as advised, then you wait and see the outcome fron bolt.
I wish you speedy recovery.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bammzzie(m): 7:52pm On Mar 02, 2021
Deigofortune:
Good evening Guys... I'm fortune a bolt driver in Asaba, I was attack and robbed on Feb 6, I got shot 3x at the spot, I was lucky enough to survived it and none of the bullet hit my bone, which the went away with my Car, Phone and the rest of my valued items, all sesame thank God for Life, I have already send robbery report to bolt by Mail, which I was called on phone to narrates how it happened and I did, I was instructed to make a valued claimed report of my Stolen items, and to send they hospital bills to then, for refund or compensation... I'm only dropping this news here to know, if you guys have witness or experience any positive testimony from our follow drivers by bolt compensating there drivers as Robbery victims..
Wow sad ...so sorry about your gruesome experience bro, tho I haven't seen or heard about Bolt compensation in this kind of situation but since you said they called and ask you to send report, I hope and believe they'll compensate you. Hv a speedy recovery bro
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 7:58pm On Mar 02, 2021
Deigofortune:

Wow! Thank God for your life ooh may God continue to preserve you in jesus name.

So there's bolt in Asaba? Drivers should know working in some state is not safe. Anyways, thank you came out a life.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sonshyne: 8:00pm On Mar 02, 2021
Deigofortune:

so sorry for your ordeal. God will grant you quick recovery and everything you have loss shall be recover by his grace. sorry brother
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sharpk007(m): 8:41pm On Mar 02, 2021
deedee44:

Everything you use in the car that is powered by the car consumes fuel in the end, it may be so little that you won't notice but it doesn't mean it doesn't cost extra fuel. From your headlamps to your wiper down to rolling up and down the windows. Even your car stereo or that extra baggage in the booth.
The electrical parts draw power from the alternator which in turn draws power from the engine.

I got tired of d argument, because of the obvious truth.

Weldone for dis answer

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Duplik8t77(m): 8:43pm On Mar 02, 2021
Deigofortune:
so sorry about this brother man. I wish you speedy recovery
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1daboi: 8:54pm On Mar 02, 2021
deedee44:

Yes it does. If you have used a tiger generator (I pass my neighbor) before you will know what I'm talking about
actually, increasing the fan doesn't give load to the engine. Reason is because fan is electrical. Meaning it's runs on the energy on the battery. But when you turn your ac on, there's a magnet that attracts the compressor plate, causing the internal components of the compressor to start pumping gas. Thereby causing the engine to do more work.
The fan is part of hvac under the dashboard. It's controlled by electric current. While Compressor magnetic force puts more load on your engine.
I hope I made sense.
Drops mic

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1daboi: 9:03pm On Mar 02, 2021
deedee44:

common dude, all these you mentioned here can work when you engine is turned off! They are electricals. They are powered by your battery! Gosh!!!

N:b, your battery is charged by your alternator. Your alternator doesn't add any load to your engine at all. That's why your car can start even without a serpentine belt that turns the alternator.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 9:04pm On Mar 02, 2021
1daboi:
actually, increasing the fan doesn't give load to the engine. Reason is because fan is electrical. Meaning it's runs on the energy on the battery. But when you turn your ac on, there's a magnet that attracts the compressor plate, causing the internal components of the compressor to start pumping gas. Thereby causing the engine to do more work.
The fan is part of hvac under the dashboard. It's controlled by electric current. While Compressor magnetic force puts more load on your engine.
I hope I made sense.
Drops mic
Yeah you made sense. But the battery also gets that energy from somewhere.. the alternator, which draws power from the engine lol. No be my work sha so I may be wrong
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 9:14pm On Mar 02, 2021
1daboi:
common dude, all these you mentioned here can work when you engine is turned off! They are electricals. They are powered by your battery! Gosh!!!

N:b, your battery is charged by your alternator. Your alternator doesn't add any load to your engine at all. That's why your car can start even without a serpentine belt that turns the alternator.
Yes they will work, for a limited time because the car has two sources of power. The battery and the engine, to the best of my knowledge, the engine is the main source while the battery is the backup. If electrical operations are solely on the battery as you claimed, how come they still work when you remove the battery while the engine is running?
The bolded only proved the engine doesn't depend on the alternator and not the other way round which is what you intended to prove

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1daboi: 9:21pm On Mar 02, 2021
deedee44:

Yeah you made sense. But the battery also hets that energy from somewhere.. the alternator, which draws power from the engine lol. No be my work sha so I may be wrong
there are 2 energies in every car. 1. Electrical energy
2. Mechanical energy.

Your battery is just an (electrical)energy bank.

When you are waiting for a trip, listening to good music � and your engine is switched off, you are spending some energy from your energy bank(battery). As soon as radautoworks requests you, you start your engine(mechanical) and your alternator refills the (electrical) energy you spent waiting listening to radio while waiting.
Then you turn on your ac, more (mehanical) load and the fuel is what the mechanical energy spends.
I need a lecturing job

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 9:22pm On Mar 02, 2021
Random musings

* Driver ratings are absolutely dependent on the riders.

* There's a simple rule to having good ratings, ensure your AC is absolutely perfect. That is, no matter the temperature outside, the inside of your vehicle should be chilling

* If your vehicle does not have a good AC, learn to engage riders in a conversation. Be jovial and wity. Even if your vehicle is dirty and with a bad AC, most will give you 5 stars if you can hold interesting conversations.

* You must not go on every trip and you must not carry every rider.

* Do not turn down every N500 naira trip. Sometimes, you drop the rider and they ask you to hold on and take them to another place that will make a lot of sense. Other times, you get good trips at the end of the N50p naira trip.

*Do not wait more than 30 minutes at one location. I know fuel is 170 but in the business, time is money. Don't waste it endlessly at one spot looking for non existent riders.

* Be careful of and keep an eye on guys who sit at the back. Some of them have things with them they plan to hide in your vehicle once they sight a police man. The bad part, they may forget it.

* Try to carry your riders along if you have to use a specific route, remember they are paying for it.

* Do not overspeed or break traffic rules to please a rider. If you have an accident or you're caught by law enforcement agents, you're on your own

*For short distance trips, except you're on a 1.9 surge and above, try to avoid stops as much as you can.

* A riders rating can give you a rough idea what to expect, keep an eye on it.

*Learn to use the rider app. Use it to spot where drivers are clustered and how fast they leave. Will give you an idea how to position yourself.

*Above all, always pray for God's favour. It is not by the number of hours you put in.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1daboi: 9:26pm On Mar 02, 2021
deedee44:

Yes they will work, for a limited time because the car has to sources of power. The battery and the engine, to the best of my knowledge, the engine is the main source while the battery is the backup. If electrical operations are solely on the battery as you claimed, how come they still work when you remove the battery while the engine is running?
The bolded only proved the engine doesn't depend on the alternator and not the other way round which is what you intended to prove
@ the bolded, they work because the alternator is rolling and giving them energy. Please note that THE ALTERNATOR IS AS FREE AS Bleep! IT DOESN'T GIVE ANY STRESS TO THE ENGINE!!!!

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 9:31pm On Mar 02, 2021
1daboi:
@ the bolded, they work because the alternator is rolling and giving them energy. Please note that THE ALTERNATOR IS AS FREE AS Bleep! IT DOESN'T GIVE ANY STRESS TO THE ENGINE!!!!
Okay
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Fluid11: 9:37pm On Mar 02, 2021
kanuisagoat:

You see Felicity, thats why I do everything within my power to prevent those things from happening to me then I leave the rest to God.

For example, a man I carried yesterday called to say he needs to be at the airport by 6am tomorrow and wanted me to pick him up.

The only way that will be possible was if I leave my house by 4:30am so I declined and connected him with someone else who lives close to him.

I start my work on weekdays by 7:30am and close between 8 and 9pm. Those things you mentioned are less likely going to happen to any driver who works within Lagos during that time frame.

The same cannot be said for those who travel outside Lagos and those who work late into the night.

Please how much do you earn averagely this way per day?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Excel70: 9:42pm On Mar 02, 2021
1daboi:
Lool if it is free as bleep. Remove your sepentine belt and ensure you drive like that all day.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1daboi: 10:44pm On Mar 02, 2021
Excel70:

Lool if it is free as bleep. Remove your sepentine belt and ensure you drive like that all day.
wtf

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 10:58pm On Mar 02, 2021
Fluid11:

Please how much do you earn averagely this way per day?

Averagely, gross of 20k. Net of around 12k

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 11:05pm On Mar 02, 2021
1daboi:
I hope I made sense.
Drops mic
Gbam!

(1) (2) (3) ... (3469) (3470) (3471) (3472) (3473) (3474) (3475) ... (5689) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.