Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,080 members, 7,814,745 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:41 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (3473) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4741645 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3470) (3471) (3472) (3473) (3474) (3475) (3476) ... (5689) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by darmilolah(m): 12:28am On Mar 03, 2021
�‍♂️�‍♂️�‍♂️�‍♂️
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tosinosu2011: 12:32am On Mar 03, 2021
You didn't get the question. I mean if someone has a new car and wants to use it for Uber business without getting a driver by himself. Is there any company or firm in Lagos that can help the person manage his car, get driver, pay commission into the owner's account and also settle the driver?
Felicity001:

How many cars do you have on your fleet?

How much are you collecting on a weekly rental from your drivers?

How is your maintenance carried out?

These and few other info, one can assist you on having a smooth operation.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Luxurydriverng: 6:50am On Mar 03, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8cEz026evk

How many driver can pass this honesty test

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 7:15am On Mar 03, 2021
Deigofortune:
Good evening Guys... I'm fortune a bolt driver in Asaba, I was attack and robbed on Feb 6, I got shot 3x at the spot, I was lucky enough to survived it and none of the bullet hit my bone, which the went away with my Car, Phone and the rest of my valued items, all sesame thank God for Life, I have already send robbery report to bolt by Mail, which I was called on phone to narrates how it happened and I did, I was instructed to make a valued claimed report of my Stolen items, and to send they hospital bills to then, for refund or compensation... I'm only dropping this news here to know, if you guys have witness or experience any positive testimony from our follow drivers by bolt compensating there drivers as Robbery victims..

Ah Diego my guy. So sorry, I suspected because I stop seeing your status. Yes Bolt will pay you through their insurance. Everything will be demanded.

Phones receipt.
Medical bills receipts
WiFi gadget receipt

If you're on a trip, the riders items and other stuff will be paid for too. trip amount will be paid for as well by Bolt. it has happened to one of my Boss last year November and Bolt paid for it excluding the cash he claimed was robbed off him.

Sorry for your stress bro. you're strong and keep surviving my brother.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 7:22am On Mar 03, 2021
tojahh:

Ah Diego my guy. So sorry, I suspected because I stop seeing your status. Yes Bolt will pay you through their insurance. Everything will be demanded.

Phones receipt.
Medical bills receipts
WiFi gadget receipt

If you're on a trip, the riders items and other stuff will be paid for too. trip amount will be paid for as well by Bolt. it has happened to one of my Boss last year November and Bolt paid for it excluding the cash he claimed was robbed off him.

I'm I the only one thinking this guy is now working with Bolt... You seems to know everything about them grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Duplik8t77(m): 8:07am On Mar 03, 2021
Good morning pilots. Abeg I still need a car for weekly remittance or HP. 08165650816
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 8:43am On Mar 03, 2021
Felicity001:

My brother na grace. And that is God's original plan for man. Work small earn plenty.

May His grace continuously dwell with us in Jesus name.

Isha Allah!

I am a firm believer in coming out early if you're to make anything meaningful out of this business, but on this day my believe was shaken a bit. Maybe its grace. Maybe its karma. Maybe its luck. Maybe its just meant to be.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 8:49am On Mar 03, 2021
Crvrider:

I am a firm believer in coming out early if you're to make anything meaningful out of this business, but on this day my believe was shaken a bit. Maybe its grace. Maybe its karma. Maybe its luck. Maybe its just meant to be.

Nothing beats coming out early with target and by 12 you've hit ur target, by 2pm u r already resting at home. Grace counts and have a way of pushing joy, when you target 10k and voom frim bed at noon, you get a 5k trip and the rider ask you to take him back, it will look like u r the most experience driver that day.

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 9:03am On Mar 03, 2021
Gentlelife50:

Wetin again una wan hear?
You people are entrenched in the belief that increasing the AC means more fuel consumption so there's no explanation that will change that belief, I am sure a lot of people here don't know about the fan under the evaporator.
The fan circulates the AC wether hot or cold, so if you increase the AC it's the fan's speed that's increasing.
The AC fan can even work without the engine working, blow breeze as a fan will do but the compressor can't work without the engine working.
That means increasing the fan won't add extra load to the engine, engine speed increases once the compressor picks.
It have nothing to do with the outside fan like someone earlier argued, the outside fan works with the cooling system.

It was meant to blow and trip off from time to time but we always disconnect the thermostat arguing it will make car overheat and allow the fan to work non stop.

I know that if you increase the speed of something it requires an equally amount of energy to compensate for that extra speed. The same way your body will need more energy if you run than when you walk.

But then again the question is which energy source will need to work harder to compensate for that increment?

Anyways this is what google has to say on this matter:

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 9:09am On Mar 03, 2021
Deigofortune:
Good evening Guys... I'm fortune a bolt driver in Asaba, I was attack and robbed on Feb 6, I got shot 3x at the spot, I was lucky enough to survived it and none of the bullet hit my bone, which the went away with my Car, Phone and the rest of my valued items, all sesame thank God for Life, I have already send robbery report to bolt by Mail, which I was called on phone to narrates how it happened and I did, I was instructed to make a valued claimed report of my Stolen items, and to send they hospital bills to then, for refund or compensation... I'm only dropping this news here to know, if you guys have witness or experience any positive testimony from our follow drivers by bolt compensating there drivers as Robbery victims..

Sorry for ur lost boss, hope the days to come favour you wit good news. Asaba is a wrong zone to run ehailing, areas with much unemployment rate and unguided youths will only generate to more crimes.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Deigofortune: 9:27am On Mar 03, 2021
Thanks Bro!
pope191:

Sorry for ur lost boss, hope the days to come favour you wit good news. Asaba is a wrong zone to run ehailing, areas with much unemployment rate and unguided youths will only generate to more crimes.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Deigofortune: 9:29am On Mar 03, 2021
Thanks Bro!

tojahh:

Phones receipt.
Medical bills receipts
WiFi gadget receipt

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by computerglobal(m): 10:49am On Mar 03, 2021
We are your number one source to get any vehicle checked. We make it easy for you to discover the complete history of any used car before you buy or sell it. It only takes a couple of minutes, and you'll have peace of mind before you buy . Have that peace of mind knowing the vehicle's complete history.
You’ll receive crucial facts about the car you’re looking to buy that will help you make a smart decision.

Comprehensive Vehicle History Report.

Call/Sms/Whatsapp (Vin/chassis) to +234 - 806 -036 - 5068
www.nairaland.com/computerglobal

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10000072_vehiclehistoryreport_jpeg3e8dde5a1fb4cccbf6626e983b2598da

Confirm the authenticity Of Your Documents

Get your documents verified and avoid embarrassment

Contact us on Whats-app now . 08060365068
cool
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by omorkelly(m): 11:37am On Mar 03, 2021
Guys pls my camry 06(big daddy) compressor needs replacement. Any recommended sales personnel ?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carbonated: 1:04pm On Mar 03, 2021
Felicity001:

Contact me
I haven't seen your mail reply yet, I hope all Is well??
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by fermlad: 1:05pm On Mar 03, 2021
Pls i have a Toyota SIENNA 05 for hire, contact 08068674653 for booking. Thanks

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Duplik8t77(m): 2:24pm On Mar 03, 2021
Tosinosu2011:
You didn't get the question. I mean if someone has a new car and wants to use it for Uber business without getting a driver by himself. Is there any company or firm in Lagos that can help the person manage his car, get driver, pay commission into the owner's account and also settle the driver?

I can drive for you, if you don't mind bro 08165650816
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 2:42pm On Mar 03, 2021
I am an experienced driver, been driving since 2007. I am also very familiar with Lagos terrain. I can drive for you within Lagos and remit weekly. Kindly contact me via 08137152515.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 4:08pm On Mar 03, 2021
BAZ001:

I confirmed the trip and moved on to accept more request , I reported on Tuesday night and explained in details what happened that he did transfer and I didn’t get alert and he’s not responding to my calls and text.
Bolt has really changed, they first hammer me compensation money before blocking his account. E shock me too, cos I no get energy to dey fight rider or dey pursue one person for money.

Waooo...thats good news o. Wonderful mkpo mkpaidem

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Deigofortune: 4:45pm On Mar 03, 2021
Hey Guy's using of BMW 535i 2008/2009 is it acceptable for Uberx
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Deigofortune: 4:48pm On Mar 03, 2021
Hey Guy's using of BMW 535i 2008/2009 is it qualifed for Uberx
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 4:58pm On Mar 03, 2021
Crvrider:

I know that if you increase the speed of something it requires an equally amount of energy to compensate for that extra speed. The same way your body will need more energy if you run than when you walk.

But then again the question is which energy source will need to work harder to compensate for that increment?

Anyways this is what google has to say on this matter:
Well my own argument is based on my experience. You can also try it now, put on your ac (on low) wait for a while then increase to the highest and watch if it affects your rpm. I think that should end the discussion. I'm tired already I'm not commenting again lol
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 5:03pm On Mar 03, 2021
Deigofortune:

So so so sorry brov....thank God for preservation of life. Bolt has fully insured every ride, and all drivers when u r online a cover. So anything that happens to you on a trip, u r fully insured up to 1m I guess. However, when you are not on a trip, there is compensation to an extent but not full cover like if u where on a trip. This started late last year. So am sure thy will do something.
Do u have tracker in your car? Or Comprehensive insurance??
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 5:05pm On Mar 03, 2021
Some riders ehn

Got this trip, called the small girl(I believe) and the next thing I heard, "You're my driver right"?. Kind of just came off the wrong way so I told her to cancel.

I know we are drivers but do you really have to rub it in? grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Blackbishop(m): 5:06pm On Mar 03, 2021
Luxurydriverng:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8cEz026evk

How many driver can pass this honesty test

Bro na d same thing I vex for dru23 for be this... stop condemning your black brothers... You all think this people are better than you, gosh you need to wake up from your myopic orientation and wise up the atrocities over there alone suppose make God wipe all of us out but they will only show you the good side. The question you are asking you know the number of times I don return money, atm, Airpod, phones and even shoes back to the owner. Bro we can't talk down the OT of being the same but stop comparing just video to Naija here. You can just take and discuss within you short sightedness peers and don't bring it on social media. Hmmm you be old man.

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Deigofortune: 5:20pm On Mar 03, 2021
Car tracker Yes... but have been disabled last location Nnwei
Comprehensive insurance Yes .. still waiting for there response..

Pearl1910:

So so so sorry brov....thank God for preservation of life. Bolt has fully insured every ride, and all drivers when u r online a cover. So anything that happens to you on a trip, u r fully insured up to 1m I guess. However, when you are not on a trip, there is compensation to an extent but not full cover like if u where on a trip. This started late last year. So am sure thy will do something.
Do u have tracker in your car? Or Comprehensive insurance??

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tunlapapa: 5:40pm On Mar 03, 2021
Blackbishop:

Bro na d same thing I vex for dru23 for be this... stop condemning your black brothers... You all think this people are better than you, gosh you need to wake up from your myopic orientation and wise up the atrocities over there alone suppose make God wipe all of us out but they will only show you the good side. The question you are asking you know the number if times I don return money, atm, Airpod, phones and even shoes back to the owner. Bro we can't talk be the same but stop comparing just video to Naija here. You can just take and discuss within you short sightedness peers and don't bring it on social media. Hmmm you be old man.

You still went off-beat upon all your rambling.
There was never anywhere he specified the RACE, so my bro, keep calm.

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by InfinityEstates: 5:50pm On Mar 03, 2021
Deigofortune:

So sorry for your experience bro. But in all, we thank God for your life. Hopefully you should be able to recoup some of your losses from your insurance cover.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by InfinityEstates: 5:53pm On Mar 03, 2021
kanuisagoat:
Some riders ehn

Got this trip, called the small girl(I believe) and the next thing I heard, "You're my driver right"?. Kind of just came off the wrong way so I told her to cancel.

I know we are drivers but do you really have to rub it in? grin

Similar experience with, "Hello, where are you?" immediately you pick up the call.

This hustle ehn, the things we tolerate. One day one day, God will provide a better hustle.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 6:09pm On Mar 03, 2021
On this fuel and fan speed gist, I think we should learn by experience. Since we have cars and we drive everyday, then just put it to test. Forget google and theory...put it to practice.

I know we have auto experts in the house, but don't forget most of us drive cars of above 15years old...so when giving expert opinion, let's put that into consideration. Factory spec and recommendations will not always apply in our cases...as far as manufacturer is concerned these cars should not be gathering miles at this rate again.

From my experience, my car consumes more fuel on higher fan speeds. I think the simple explanation is that the compressor has to work extra to maintain the air temperature that is being blown into d cabin. I notice the compressor kicks in more often when u put the fan on higher speeds than when its on d lowest speed. Please note that am not talking about power to run the fan, am saying that for the increased air that's coming into d cabin to still be at the set temperature, the compressor must double up. And when the compressor works harder automatically it will tell on your engine and ultimately fuel consumption.
Concentrate on the rate of work of the compressor, anything that will make that compressor work harder or more frequently will affect your fuel consumption. Even the weather affects how ur ac works and invariably the fuel consumption.

Our engines are old, wornout and tired already so any small stress is a big deal.

NB: I drive a Toyota Corolla 2006.

Even though this is not the focus let me state that for my car;
If u drive without AC in traffic and below 50km/hr u definitely will save fuel even with your windows down than AC and windows up.
If u drive on high speeds with ur windows up without AC u will save fuel...I have done Ajah to Ojodu-Berger on reserve around 1am no filling station.
Its only if u r driving on high speed with windows down that is as good as u turning on ur AC.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 6:15pm On Mar 03, 2021
Deigofortune:
Car tracker Yes... but have been disabled last location Nnwei
Comprehensive insurance Yes .. still waiting for there response..

Wao...so this disabling thing is true, then what's the need of the tracker na angry cry Na wa ooo. I use MTN in all my cars, was told ones its disabled, even if u find and remove the tracker car will still not start.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by abefeabebi(m): 6:15pm On Mar 03, 2021
kanuisagoat:
Random musings

* Driver ratings are absolutely dependent on the riders.

* There's a simple rule to having good ratings, ensure your AC is absolutely perfect. That is, no matter the temperature outside, the inside of your vehicle should be chilling

* If your vehicle does not have a good AC, learn to engage riders in a conversation. Be jovial and wity. Even if your vehicle is dirty and with a bad AC, most will give you 5 stars if you can hold interesting conversations.

* You must not go on every trip and you must not carry every rider.

* Do not turn down every N500 naira trip. Sometimes, you drop the rider and they ask you to hold on and take them to another place that will make a lot of sense. Other times, you get good trips at the end of the N50p naira trip.

*Do not wait more than 30 minutes at one location. I know fuel is 170 but in the business, time is money. Don't waste it endlessly at one spot looking for non existent riders.

* Be careful of and keep an eye on guys who sit at the back. Some of them have things with them they plan to hide in your vehicle once they sight a police man. The bad part, they may forget it.

* Try to carry your riders along if you have to use a specific route, remember they are paying for it.

* Do not overspeed or break traffic rules to please a rider. If you have an accident or you're caught by law enforcement agents, you're on your own

*For short distance trips, except you're on a 1.9 surge and above, try to avoid stops as much as you can.

* A riders rating can give you a rough idea what to expect, keep an eye on it.

*Learn to use the rider app. Use it to spot where drivers are clustered and how fast they leave. Will give you an idea how to position yourself.

*Above all, always pray for God's favour. It is not by the number of hours you put in.
Thanks for this advice, pls I have been wondering how people know the numbers of drivers in a particular area,u just mentioned riders app. Hope if I have rider app on my phone it won't affect driver app and how do I go about using rider app. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (3470) (3471) (3472) (3473) (3474) (3475) (3476) ... (5689) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.