Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,722 members, 7,816,972 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (3474) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4747426 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3471) (3472) (3473) (3474) (3475) (3476) (3477) ... (5691) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by rotimiland(m): 6:46pm On Mar 03, 2021
Tosinosu2011:
Does anyone knows any company that can help someone manage his/her car for Uber or Bolt

Drop your contact or buzz me on WhatsApp, my partner does that. 0803-062-2583
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 7:09pm On Mar 03, 2021
Pearl1910:

Wao...so this disabling thing is true, then what's the need of the tracker na angry cry Na wa ooo. I use MTN in all my cars, was told ones its disabled, even if u find and remove the tracker car will still not start.
I think this old fashioned security is still the best (combined with tracker) , where car will trip off after few minutes the driver's side / any door is opened (and closed) except the hidden security button is pressed.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Deigofortune: 7:32pm On Mar 03, 2021
Honestly Bleep that tracking shit
Because .. my brother personal called to then stop the car by thereself since we're using there company.. that's before the disable the tracker the next morning

Pearl1910:

Wao...so this disabling thing is true, then what's the need of the tracker na angry cry Na wa ooo. I use MTN in all my cars, was told ones its disabled, even if u find and remove the tracker car will still not start.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Blackbishop(m): 7:38pm On Mar 03, 2021
tunlapapa:

You still went off-beat upon all your rambling.
There was never anywhere he specified the RACE, so my bro, keep calm.

Another slowpoke in the house please rise and clap for him. Bro you are right

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 7:52pm On Mar 03, 2021
InfinityEstates:

Similar experience with, "Hello, where are you?" immediately you pick up the call.

This hustle ehn, the things we tolerate. One day one day, God will provide a better hustle.

Sometimes you're at a red-light and you get a request. The light turns green and the line starts moving then you get a request. You call the rider and quickly ask where they are so you know which turn to take and the rider will be asking you where you are.

By that time, you've gotten to the light and you had to make a decision so you just take the one the map tells you only to realise the rider is at the other side of the road.

I just tell them to cancel because I'm never turning back.

But for the most part sha, I don't have a problem with that question. It helps them know if they'll be able to wait for you or they have to cancel due to long pickup. It also helps them guide you to their destination. Some of them also use it to gauge how close the driver is so they know if they have to hurry up or just take their time.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Luxurydriverng: 7:53pm On Mar 03, 2021
Blackbishop:

Bro na d same thing I vex for dru23 for be this... stop condemning your black brothers... You all think this people are better than you, gosh you need to wake up from your myopic orientation and wise up the atrocities over there alone suppose make God wipe all of us out but they will only show you the good side. The question you are asking you know the number of times I don return money, atm, Airpod, phones and even shoes back to the owner. Bro we can't talk down the OT of being the same but stop comparing just video to Naija here. You can just take and discuss within you short sightedness peers and don't bring it on social media. Hmmm you be old man.

I really don't know what you talking about

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 8:00pm On Mar 03, 2021
Deigofortune:
Honestly Bleep that tracking shit
Because .. my brother personal called to then stop the car by thereself since we're using there company.. that's before the disable the tracker the next morning

With MTN u can off the car on ur own, u don't need to call anybody
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 8:02pm On Mar 03, 2021
abefeabebi:

Thanks for this advice, pls I have been wondering how people know the numbers of drivers in a particular area,u just mentioned riders app. Hope if I have rider app on my phone it won't affect driver app and how do I go about using rider app. Thanks

The rider app has nothing to do with your driver app. You can have both on your phone.

When you open the rider app, do as if you want to book. Just before you confirm order, you'll see small small white images clustered all over the app. Those images indicate drivers around that place. Sometimes you notice that an image has disappeared. That means the driver has gotten a request

You see, when I started hustling on bolt, I didn't have a mentor and had no one to put me through. I also had no idea what hot zones to target so what I usually did then was to open my rider app, select any particular location, and watch how fast drivers are disappearing from the location. It made me quickly have a good idea of the best places to position.

Also, if I get to a particular location, first thing I do is put on my rider app, see how many drivers are at that place and what their distance is from me. I also observe the frequency with which they get requests. Helps me quickly know if I'm positioning at the right or wrong place.

So that's it with using the rider app.

You suppose pay me for all these lectures self o grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by hillso7(m): 8:28pm On Mar 03, 2021
InfinityEstates:

Similar experience with, "Hello, where are you?" [/b]immediately you pick up the call.

This hustle ehn, the things we tolerate. One day one day, God will provide a better hustle.

My response, am in my car.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 9:03pm On Mar 03, 2021
Luxurydriverng:

I really don't know what you talking about

Trust me u not the only 1

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 9:11pm On Mar 03, 2021
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by AkpAkp1: 9:14pm On Mar 03, 2021
My fellow bolt drivers in the house I gree you all, well I'm a PH based driver and I'm having issue with a particular rider I carried last week Thursday night from a place called OGbatai Street in woji to woji rail way and returned him back, on our way going he was trying to use the ATM he said there is no cash on the ATM, so he asked me to help him with #2,500 that he will transfer together with the trip fare which eventually is #1,000 so he suppose to transfer #3,500 to me.
I don't know what came over me that made me not to take a critical look at his prove of payment, till date I have not receive the money because he promised to send it, that the money reversed.
Please you people should help me to call him with this number '09135088615' to send my money.
Thank you all

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 10:04pm On Mar 03, 2021
AkpAkp1:
My fellow bolt drivers in the house I gree you all, well I'm a PH based driver and I'm having issue with a particular rider I carried last week Thursday night from a place called OGbatai Street in woji to woji rail way and returned him back, on our way going he was trying to use the ATM he said there is no cash on the ATM, so he asked me to help him with #2,500 that he will transfer together with the trip fare which eventually is #1,000 so he suppose to transfer #3,500 to me.
I don't no what came over me that made me not to take a critical look at his prove of payment, till date I have not receive the money because he promised to send it, that the money reversed.
Please you people should help me to call him with this number '09135088615' to send my money.
Thank you all

Kai, you broke one of the rules of ehailing. Never ever, I repeat again, never ever give a rider your money. Tell them all the trips you've been getting have been transfers and that you don't have a single naira with you.

Do not listen to whatever sob story they have to share. You're not running an ATM or a POS service. Now instead of chasing 1k, you're chasing 3.5k

As for the guy, I'll give him a call tomorrow. Lets see how it goes.

And like everyone else has mentioned, make una dey try contribute for the thread. No be when problem dey una go remember here.

13 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 10:08pm On Mar 03, 2021
hillso7:

grin grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 10:12pm On Mar 03, 2021
kanuisagoat:

The rider app has nothing to do with your driver app. You can have both on your phone.

When you open the rider app, do as if you want to book. Just before you confirm order, you'll see small small white images clustered all over the app. Those images indicate drivers around that place. Sometimes you notice that an image has disappeared. That means the driver has gotten a request

You see, when I started hustling on bolt, I didn't have a mentor and had no one to put me through. I also had no idea what hot zones to target so what I usually did then was to open my rider app, select any particular location, and watch how fast drivers are disappearing from the location. It made me quickly have a good idea of the best places to position.

Also, if I get to a particular location, first thing I do is put on my rider app, see how many drivers are at that place and what their distance is from me. I also observe the frequency with which they get requests. Helps me quickly know if I'm positioning at the right or wrong place.

So that's it with using the rider app.

You suppose pay me for all these lectures self o grin

Please tell them not to try these with Uber app oh!

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 10:39pm On Mar 03, 2021
[8:50PM] @CarynLawrence: Robbers have blocked the bridge going down to town planning coming from anthony- oshodi expres & are robbing cars. PLEASE BE ALERT!!! @TrafficChiefNG @PoliceNG @lagostraffic961 #TrafficChief

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 10:45pm On Mar 03, 2021
donfortune48:

Please tell them not to try these with Uber app oh!

Really? grin

I drive strictly on bolt so I wouldn't know about uber

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 11:11pm On Mar 03, 2021
Crvrider:

I know that if you increase the speed of something it requires an equally amount of energy to compensate for that extra speed. The same way your body will need more energy if you run than when you walk.

But then again the question is which energy source will need to work harder to compensate for that increment?

Anyways this is what google has to say on this matter:
If I increase my car radio nko?
embarassed
Will my car consume more fuel??

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 11:17pm On Mar 03, 2021
kanuisagoat:
Some riders ehn

Got this trip, called the small girl(I believe) and the next thing I heard, "You're my driver right"?. Kind of just came off the wrong way so I told her to cancel.

I know we are drivers but do you really have to rub it in? grin
Lol
grin cheesy
Me won't even answer you, I did it to one small guy. After making me turn the whole ikeja because he put wrong pick up and won't even bother to call. I did all the calling and funny enough I saw an SUV close where he was and asked if he is seeing the vehicle he said no that he's outside and can't see anything. I was already on my going and waiting for time to complete so I can cancel the yeye request when he started flagging me down. Next he mentioned my surname and asked if I am bolt, the eye I looked him alone humbled him.
Next thing I heard was good evening Sir.
grin

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 11:25pm On Mar 03, 2021
hillso7:

Me 'please who is this?'
grin
The mumu will now be forced to greet first then start introducing herself or himself.
Lol

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 11:28pm On Mar 03, 2021
AkpAkp1:
I don't no what came over me that made me not to take a critical look at his prove of payment, till date I have not receive the money because he promised to send it, that the money reversed.
Thank you all
Post the trip details
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 1:40am On Mar 04, 2021
AkpAkp1:
Thank you all

Trip is 1k and you gave 2,5k cash. Nothing wey person no go see for dis hustle. No wonder one girl asked me if I have cash, so she can transfer to me plus her fare. I said No without understanding what she was trying to do. D money wey don enter my hand make I give you again, na juju ?
Una don spoil riders finish.
Dem turn drivers to
- Atm, - delivery boy
- errand boy (buy food & groceries on your way)
- trolley n baggage carrier ( carry inside room self)
- gate man , - oven lighter ( many like dis one)
How do u report to bolt? If he pays only 1k back, what’s your proof ?

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 1:48am On Mar 04, 2021
Pearl1910:

Waooo...thats good news o. Wonderful mkpo mkpaidem

So I finally sent message to rider to acknowledge d alert and to bolt to unblock the rider. As I dey try load credit na rider fire me text. I just laugh so e dey bite u too for body.

1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 5:06am On Mar 04, 2021
Gentlelife50:

If I increase my car radio nko?
embarassed
Will my car consume more fuel??

I never mentioned fuel in my post. I said something will have to compensate for demanding extra. Because your cars battery is capable of dealing with the demand from your radio you might not notice any difference.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Blackbishop(m): 7:33am On Mar 04, 2021
Gentlelife50:

Lol
grin cheesy
Me won't even answer you, I did it to one small guy. After making me turn the whole ikeja because he put wrong pick up and won't even bother to call. I did all the calling and funny enough I saw an SUV close where he was and asked if he is seeing the vehicle he said no that he's outside and can't see anything. I was already on my going and waiting for time to complete so I can cancel the yeye request when he started flagging me down. Next he mentioned my surname and asked if I am bolt, the eye I looked him alone humbled him.
grin

Lol e be like say na me be that
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 8:06am On Mar 04, 2021
Gentlelife50:

Lol
grin cheesy
grin

grin

If some of these riders ever buy a vehicle and employ a driver, I can't begin to imagine what the drivers will go through.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Atoffy: 8:25am On Mar 04, 2021
abefeabebi:

Thanks for this advice, pls I have been wondering how people know the numbers of drivers in a particular area,u just mentioned riders app. Hope if I have rider app on my phone it won't affect driver app and how do I go about using rider app. Thanks

Please do not try using Uber rider app while online with your Uber driver app.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Kanoski(m): 8:56am On Mar 04, 2021
ever since i started this work.. i noticed that i am not eating well..
highest i spend on food a day is 500..
pls i need help... my body don comot finish...
pls how much do u guys spend on food a day?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Kanoski(m): 8:59am On Mar 04, 2021
BAZ001:

Bros , no buy Corolla Abeg you. The rate at which
Lastma, cbd , police and task force disrespect Corolla baffles me. D same place other cars will stop to pick or drop someone, let Corolla stop there you will see them coming with full speed.
I just feel d disrespect is too much.
Check Honda Civic or Hyundai or Camry self.
Na my opinion, not d general practice cos it has nothing to do with engine or maintenance
lol...

disrespecting a car of almost 2.5m tok..

Shea them the mad ni
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 9:15am On Mar 04, 2021
Kanoski:
ever since i started this work..
i noticed that i am not eating well..

highest i spend on food a day is 500..

pls i need help...
my body don comot finish...

pls how much do u guys spend on food a day?

#500?
Heiiii God!!!!!

That's too poor.

I'm a bachelor with no woman or family to feed.
My daily average on food is 1.5k

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Kanoski(m): 9:18am On Mar 04, 2021
Fluid11:

Please how much do you earn averagely this way per day?
10 k net
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by AkpAkp1: 9:18am On Mar 04, 2021
Gentlelife50:

Post the trip details

(1) (2) (3) ... (3471) (3472) (3473) (3474) (3475) (3476) (3477) ... (5691) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.