Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,987 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:21 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (3540) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4728454 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3537) (3538) (3539) (3540) (3541) (3542) (3543) ... (5687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 12:19am On Apr 07, 2021
Pearl1910:

Please what's the difference between Bolts rating system and Ubers rating system? Maybe when u think about it you will understand better.

Nothing.

Uber is a moving average of last 500 rated trips.
Bolt is a moving average of last 40 rated trips.

This's simple logic bro.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 12:55am On Apr 07, 2021
centuryman:
So here is the reply from bolt.

From the screenshot, it's obvious new drivers are rated by bolt as each rider drops his/her rating. Thus, it doesn't matter whether it's up to 40 completed trips or 40 rated trips so long as a rider rates you the average is computed at that point in time.

But for drivers with more than 40 trips rating will be done using the most recent 40 trips. What is not clear though is if the 40 trips are 40 rated trips or otherwise. But I would want to think it's 40 rated trips.

Its clear, its confirmed. What support is saying today is that the average rating is posted ones u have gotten 40 trips not 40 rated trips nor 40 completed trips.
This explains why my rating changes even when I don't complete upto 40trips, cos they compute and post average rating as soon I have gotten 40trips whether I accept or not, whether I fulfil or not whether rider rates me or not.

I think this also explains why rating may change when one cancels trips because ones u have hit 40trips whether u fulfil them or not ur rating will be calculated based on last 40 rated trips. So for all those thinking cancelling trips affects ur rating, I think we have solved that puzzle.
Felicity was right afterall when he said rating is based on total number of trips u receive.
Thanks Centuryman.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 1:03am On Apr 07, 2021
Fibel:
looking for an uber / bolt driver partner for a Toks Toyota camry 2009 vehicle.

Due to recent unplanned repairs, driver should be willing to deposit the sum of 120,000 after agreements are reached which will be deducted from his remital every month so as to accelerate repairs for car to be ready by weekend.

Call or WhatsApp 09015108949

Rental or HP...?

I want to believe it is HP.

If it's rental, u expect a driver to give u 120k to repair ur car and be collecting it back small small abi...what happens if u collect your car back before he collects his 120k complete?. Is there interest in the money he is loaning u?? What benefit will a driver enjoy for giving u money to fix ur car

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 1:13am On Apr 07, 2021
dru23:

To think of it that is not a bad idea.. 120k naira might be too high . maybe 50k like a form of deposit to safe guard against drivers damage .default etc And once the driver is ready to drop the car .the driver can than collect his/her security deposit that is things been all equal....

It is really a good idea .. I might implement it ... This is really got me thinking hmmmmmmm

Assurance deposit is common knowledge, and its 30k max. To cover for default in rental fee. Not damage or repairs except its willful damage. And its pay and collect key.
That's completely different from what this man is asking for.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 1:17am On Apr 07, 2021
BAZ001:

Pls explain in simple English, do you mean driver will pay 120k to fast track repairs ?
Just like some agents will take you to uncompleted building and say if you pay for two years rent by next month the house will be ready.

So u think say driver wey no get car to drive go get 120k for savings and will be willing to part with it for repairs
Haba Make una dey fear God

Paparaxo:

Make person carry 120k come repair your car with nothing to leverage on. Some folks on Hp with deposit of around 500k often get bleeped up by cruel owners in between agreements, let alone someone who's going to be on rental. Bros go borrow money fix your property.. Make una dey fear GOD abeg

Nnaa ehhh...I never hear this one before o. Make we hear the benefit the driver go enjoy sha...maybe na loan with Interest or rental go be 20k for helping him out in time of need.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 1:48am On Apr 07, 2021
donfortune48:

Nothing.

Uber is a moving average of last 500 rated trips.
Bolt is a moving average of last 40 rated trips.

This's simple logic bro.

No sir,

First, while Uber calculates moving average for the last 500 trips...meaning every new rated trip can change ur rating if what u have just been rated is different from what that rating is substituting, Bolts rating is based on 40trips, so ur rating will not change until u have 40trips.

Secondly,
In Uber if u have 501 rated trips d first rating is ignored and average of d last 500 is calculated to determine your current rating.
But in Bolt, ur current rating is the average of previous rating and average rating accumulated in last 40 trips.
i.e [4.8 + (w+x+y+z/4)]/2. if u were rated 4times in d last 40 trips.
So nothing is ignored

I wish I could explain this better.
Kanuisagoat take note grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 3:32am On Apr 07, 2021
dru23:

To think of it that is not a bad idea.. 120k naira might be too high . maybe 50k like a form of deposit to safe guard against drivers damage .default etc And once the driver is ready to drop the car .the driver can than collect his/her security deposit that is things been all equal....

It is really a good idea .. I might implement it ... This is really got me thinking hmmmmmmm

Na bad thing you want to implement?
Collect 50k from driver as down payment, is your car not insured ? Or incase driver doesn’t meet up ? Do you still have hoodlum driver in your team, maybe dem don show you pepper?
Just asking for a friend

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Shanid(m): 4:41am On Apr 07, 2021
OJURONGBE1:

Go to Uber office at Maryland Mall.
U will get a directive.
okay, thank you sir
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 4:57am On Apr 07, 2021
BAZ001:

Na bad thing you want to implement?
Collect 50k from driver as down payment, is your car not insured ? Or incase driver doesn’t meet up ? Do you still have hoodlum driver in your team, maybe dem don show you pepper?
Just asking for a friend

Should I wait till an accident occurs before I insured a car. That 30k is a form of security deposit my brother.....nothing more or less ... And once a driver finally drops a car they can get back their money .. Things been equal ......
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 5:40am On Apr 07, 2021
Felicity001:

After all na ur papa get airport na so who won catch you?

Accept ur ride grin

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 6:25am On Apr 07, 2021
Pearl1910:

Its clear, its confirmed. What support is saying today is that the average rating is posted ones u have gotten 40 trips not 40 rated trips nor 40 completed trips.
This explains why my rating changes even when I don't complete upto 40trips, cos they compute and post average rating as soon I have gotten 40trips whether I accept or not, whether I fulfil or not whether rider rates me or not.

I think this also explains why rating may change when one cancels trips because ones u have hit 40trips whether u fulfil them or not ur rating will be calculated based on last 40 rated trips. So for all those thinking cancelling trips affects ur rating, I think we have solved that puzzle.
Felicity was right afterall when he said rating is based on total number of trips u receive.
Thanks Centuryman.

Felicity was wrong. As I mentioned in another post, my rating changed twice in less than 24 hours. Where did the 40 trips come from.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Godfather10: 6:26am On Apr 07, 2021
Felicity001:

epa please o is Uber d only ehailing app in the UK? What other competitors do they have that's pulling ground? Asking for a friend o
We have Bolt and Ola, these 2 and UBER are the popular one's, l think there are some minor ones as well.
Long time felicity, How family!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 6:30am On Apr 07, 2021
Pearl1910:

No sir,

First, while Uber calculates moving average for the last 500 trips...meaning every new rated trip can change ur rating if what u have just been rated is different from what that rating is substituting, Bolts rating is based on 40trips, so ur rating will not change until u have 40trips.

Secondly,
In Uber if u have 501 rated trips d first rating is ignored and average of d last 500 is calculated to determine your current rating.
But in Bolt, ur current rating is the average of previous rating and average rating accumulated in last 40 trips.
So nothing is ignored

Not true. They are both based on moving averages. My rating has changed in 24 hours. Infact, it has changed in less than two hours.

I was once on 4.63. As soon as I completed one ride, rating dropped to 4.53. I did two more trips and rating returned to 4.63 all under two hours.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 6:31am On Apr 07, 2021
Pearl1910:

Please what's the difference between Bolts rating system and Ubers rating system? Maybe when u think about it you will understand better.

No difference, both are based on moving averages.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 6:39am On Apr 07, 2021
Fibel:

Due to recent unplanned repairs, driver should be willing to deposit the sum of 120,000 after agreements are reached which will be deducted from his remital every month so as to accelerate repairs for car to be ready by weekend.

This is not how this business is done, let no one deceive you by telling you that. How does it sound that someone will pay 120k for you to go repair your own car before he starts driving it yet you'll be deducting it from rental without interest? what happens when after the first 2 days on the job and the car broke down again to require another 120k? undecided Just maybe another driver will eventually come to your rescue and the session continues.

Bros.. If I give you 120k. You will sign no rental will be paid in the next 2 months so that I can recoup my money back before we start to talk.

Make una dey fear God. sad

19 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Godfather10: 6:40am On Apr 07, 2021
peeps4u:

Thought it was only me. They always confuse me with their monikers.
The Godfather50 plies his trade in London, never met Gentilife 50, sounds like a nice guy though bless him.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 6:53am On Apr 07, 2021
Pearl1910:

Assurance deposit is common knowledge, and its 30k max. To cover for default in rental fee. Not damage or repairs except its willful damage. And its pay and collect key.
That's completely different from what this man is asking for.

Don't mind dru. Comparing Apples and Oranges. Even for houses, most landlords these days will not collect one naira from you till the house is completed and ready for use let alone money to repair a car.

I know the guy may eventually get a driver, times are hard and people who are desperate will take any offer on the table.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 6:58am On Apr 07, 2021
pope191:

Accept ur ride grin

I am just noticing indriver includes the picture of the rider. Nice idea I must add. Chances of picking someone else is less.

I once picked one woman those days when bolt does not show destination. Started the trip and called out her destination for confirmation, she said that's not where she was going. That was when we realised she was meant to enter another vehicle. Had to drop her and apologised to my actual rider for starting the trip before picking her up.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 7:10am On Apr 07, 2021
tojahh:

This is not how this business is done, let no one deceive you by telling you that. How does it sound that someone will pay 120k for you to go repair your own car before he starts driving it yet you'll be deducting it from rental without interest? what happens when after the first 2 days on the job and the car broke down again to require another 120k? undecided Just maybe another driver will eventually come to your rescue and the session continues.

Bros.. If I give you 120k. You will sign no rental will be paid in the next 2 months so that I can recoup my money back before we start to talk.

Make una dey fear God. sad

Preach

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 7:11am On Apr 07, 2021
kanuisagoat:

I am just noticing indriver includes the picture of the rider. Nice idea I must add. Chances of picking someone else is less.

I once picked one woman those days when bolt does not show destination. Started the trip and called out her destination for confirmation, she said that's not where she was going. That was when we realised she was meant to enter another vehicle. Had to drop her and apologised to my actual rider for starting the trip before picking her up.

Pix ain't necessary, only if the rider feels like

Inbtw, u have a tin for Indriver grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 7:16am On Apr 07, 2021
Pearl1910:

No sir,

Secondly,
So nothing is ignored

100% false.

I see Uber app as a hardware, while I see bolt app as a software. Even Indriver app looks stronger than bolt app.

You can open your UBER app, check balance, check your trip history, and some other things without Data/network, but you can't even open the bolt app or do anything without data/network on your phone.

The way the app works is why good or bad ratings don't reflect immediately. But within an hour or two, it will show.

After your 1st trip today, just check your gross and your net immediately. If the trip is 1.5k which is gross, your net will also be showing 1.5k. but after 10/20/30mins, your actual net will show. This is same thing that happens with ratings.

The app seem programmed to update intermittently.

To clear yourself, book yourself with another phone, end the ride and rate yourself 1*, then go home.
Your ratings won't change immediately, but it must change before 1hr.
Do it again the next day, your ratings will also change.

There's nothing like "after every 40trips" bro.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 7:18am On Apr 07, 2021
pope191:

Pix ain't necessary, only if the rider feels like

Inbtw, u have a tin for Indriver grin

Maybe grin

But lets decongest that space and leave it for those who have been blocked on Bolt and Uber grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 7:26am On Apr 07, 2021
OJURONGBE1:
E be like say this brother just started driving on Uber... One week rental & half as fine .
Na real slightly parking
grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 7:28am On Apr 07, 2021
donfortune48:

100% false.

I see Uber app as a hardware, while I see bolt app as a software. Even Indriver app looks stronger than bolt app.

You can open your UBER app, check balance, check your trip history, and some other things without Data/network, but you can't even open the bolt app or do anything without data/network on your phone.

The way the app works is why good or bad ratings don't reflect immediately. But within an hour or two, it will show.

After your 1st trip today, just check your gross and your net immediately. If the trip is 1.5k which is gross, your net will also be showing 1.5k. but after 10/20/30mins, your actual net will show. This is same thing that happens with ratings.

The app seem programmed to update intermittently.

To clear yourself, book yourself with another phone, end the ride and rate yourself 1*, then go home.
Your ratings won't change immediately, but it must change before 1hr.
Do it again the next day, your ratings will also change.

There's nothing like "after every 40trips" bro.

You are mostly right but your rating may not necessarily change in 1hr.

No one knows when Bolt decides to change the rating we actually see.

I have picked one guy who mistakenly rated me one star. It was right in my presence and I was expecting my rating to drop. It didn't happen till after three or 4 days.

Another instance was one time bolt was warning me that my rating was getting too low. I was on 4.78 or so and was wondering what the stupid app was saying. Couple of days later, rating dropped to 4.60.

Another instance happened just yesterday. As at when I ended one trip and the rider brought out his phone to rate me, my rating was showing 4.9 on his app. I was on 4.83.

Used my wife's phone to book myself and cancel today because my client did not show up was going too high and my rating showed 4.8 on her app. Guess what, I'm still on 4.83 but I'm very sure the rating has dropped below 4.8 just that bolt is yet to show me what my current rating is.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SokizzRaven(m): 7:38am On Apr 07, 2021
Good morning comrades!
Abeg is there a way to contact indrive? They have not been accepting my bolt driver profile (sent it like 3 times already) and they keep rejecting it. Anybody with idea of what could be wrong?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 7:42am On Apr 07, 2021
kanuisagoat:

You are mostly right but your rating may not necessarily change in 1hr.

No one knows when Bolt decides to change the rating we actually see.

I have picked one guy who mistakenly rated me one star. It was right in my presence and I was expecting my rating to drop. It didn't happen till after three or 4 days.

Another instance was one time bolt was warning me that my rating was getting too low. I was on 4.78 or so and was wondering what the stupid app was saying. Couple of days later, rating dropped to 4.60.

Another instance happened just yesterday. As at when I ended one trip and the rider brought out his phone to rate me, my rating was showing 4.9 on his app. I was on 4.83.

Used my wife's phone to book myself and cancel today because my client did not show up was going too high and my rating showed 4.8 on her app. Guess what, I'm still on 4.83 but I'm very sure the rating has dropped below 4.8 just that bolt is yet to show me what my current rating is.

You're mostly right also.
But That 1star might have pushed off another 1 or 2star from your cumulative. Maybe that's why your ratings didn't change.

Bolt approximates ratings between 5 and 0. Anything above 5 is approximated to 1, while anything below 5 is approximated to 0.
Riders can only see 1 decimal while drivers can see 2 decimals.

If your ratings is 4.84, riders can only see 4.8.
If your rating is 4.85/4.86, riders can only see 4.9 cos it has been approximated to the nearest decimal.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Duke111: 8:11am On Apr 07, 2021
donfortune48:

But That 1star might have pushed off another 1 or 2star from your cumulative. Maybe that's why your ratings didn't change.

Bolt approximates ratings between 5 and 0. Anything above 5 is approximated to 1, while anything below 5 is approximated to 0.

If your rating is 4.85/4.86, riders can only see 4.9 cos it has been approximated to the nearest decimal.

In the while av bin using bolt, uber and InDriver.

Bolt is a mind manipulative bitch, they give drivers low rating to make them work and behave more in oder to improve dere rating wich will take long to improve but will not hesitate to reduce ur rating, while the riders will see a better rating i.e 4.72 will be 4.8 so that they will feel ralax n calm.

1st and 2nd block warning is done voluntarily by bolt not because u deserve it but because they want u to be at there mercy to behave and work more so you won’t be yanked off.

They don’t care about drivers welfare or well being that’s y till tomorrow i still duff my cap for Uber no matter wat but since the 3% was removed i ran from there 25%

They want u to rest at maximum of 12 hours but bolt wont mind if u work non stop for a month and die on steering due to fatigue.

Peace

11 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 8:24am On Apr 07, 2021
donfortune48:

Kwarect
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 8:35am On Apr 07, 2021
kanuisagoat:

Not true. They are both based on moving averages. My rating has changed in 24 hours. Infact, it has changed in less than two hours.

I was once on 4.63. As soon as I completed one ride, rating dropped to 4.53. I did two more trips and rating returned to 4.63 all under two hours.

Woh...I no sabi again o.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 8:45am On Apr 07, 2021
SokizzRaven:
Good morning comrades!
Abeg is there a way to contact indrive? They have not been accepting my bolt driver profile (sent it like 3 times already) and they keep rejecting it. Anybody with idea of what could be wrong?

support@indriver.com

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 9:32am On Apr 07, 2021
BAZ001:

Bros u sure say you pass mathematics for school grin or u just wan use style advertise for here?

7 out of 17 trips completed
12 out of 26 trips completed
(7+12 = 19). How 19 take be 43.
With this ur calculations I dey fear to click ur link make e no be say na wrong figure u dey calculate as interest.
Wiket grin cheesy grin
If oga feli catch you

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 9:37am On Apr 07, 2021
Fibel:

Go and get a loan to fix your car, I don't think you'll see a driver that will drop 120k

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (3537) (3538) (3539) (3540) (3541) (3542) (3543) ... (5687) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Nezzjnr, IFSHR and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.