Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,673 members, 7,820,362 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:38 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (3550) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4766941 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3547) (3548) (3549) (3550) (3551) (3552) (3553) ... (5695) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 6:17am On Apr 13, 2021
Glamourogo:
I got a 2008 Hyundai Accent and I’ve not been unable to register it on Uber, it kept saying “Your vehicle is not allowed to operate in Lagos”. I thought 2000 models and above are acceptable, does anyone knows what might be wrong and if there’s anything I can do?
Does it have Lagos road worthiness?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 6:50am On Apr 13, 2021
tojahh:

Yes even with a v8 engine... You can make even! It all depend on what your EVEN mean to you.

Chaiiii

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by blissbliss: 6:50am On Apr 13, 2021
freshvine:
Please as an owner driver can I make even with a V6 engine like ES330?

You have to be tactful. Drive during surge periods and select trips carefully to save yourself repair costs.

Cost of fixes for your car is more than a typical Corolla.

Fueling costs would be saved if you don’t drive at traffic periods too.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ncnerio: 7:11am On Apr 13, 2021
blissbliss:

You have to be tactful. Drive during surge periods and select trips carefully to save yourself repair costs.

Cost of fixes for your car is more than a typical Corolla.

Fueling costs would be saved if you don’t drive at traffic periods too.

Cheers.

Best advice so far.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Glamourogo(m): 7:13am On Apr 13, 2021
Gentlelife50:

Does it have Lagos road worthiness?

Yes, I didn’t even get to the point where I upload documents
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 8:14am On Apr 13, 2021
Chazleeray:

Wrong U turn

But i told you severaly to obey all traffic laws na... Abi na spirit jump enter you?

Anyways, hope you where able to resolve it?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by computerglobal(m): 8:28am On Apr 13, 2021

Don't run the risk of buying used cars/Toks with costly hidden problems

Know what you're buying before it's too late.

Avoid that mistake before you buy!

Major accident damage? Flood damage? Odometer Fraud? Avoid making a potentially costly mistake when buying a used/tokunbo car. Call/Sms/Whatsapp (vin/chassis) to +234 - 806 -036 - 5068 and minimize your risk.

Comprehensive Vehicle History Report.

Call/Sms/Whatsapp (Vin/chassis) to +234 - 806 -036 - 5068
www.nairaland.com/computerglobal

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10000072_vehiclehistoryreport_jpeg3e8dde5a1fb4cccbf6626e983b2598da

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10044838_20190702025330_jpega5987029b941c9ae69c99128d6a99510

Confirm the authenticity Of Your Documents

Get your documents verified and avoid embarrassment

Contact us on Whats-app now . 08060365068
cool
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 8:41am On Apr 13, 2021
Chazleeray:

Las las na 12k solve everything.

Welcome tonrhw game bro... You're now an official uber/Bolt driver.

Welcome onboard.

It will be difficult for them to arrest you again unless you loss guard.

Going forward, when in a terrain you do not know very well endeavor to always wine up your glass just in case any of things like this.

Don't park in wrong places

Obey all traffic rules

Expect yaba and airport boy next.

You can easily escape the yaba one-way boys but those bloody Airport boys? You need grace to escape from because they're well trained in clamping down vehicles, as a matter of fact they've the best training even better than that of lasma, vio and police. Very aggressive, calm and brilliant in their arrest.

So watch out for them closely.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ebiye55(m): 8:47am On Apr 13, 2021
Bolt inspection centre in VI or Ikoyi? Anyone?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 8:50am On Apr 13, 2021
gokecont:
Good morning house, am a certified uber and bolt driver with an active account, please I need a car to drive, I reside here in Lagos... You can call or whatapp me : +2348087580378

Its Like we will start by asking any driver looking for car on rental to post their drivers license along side so that those bad drivers that have messed up before with owners will be identified. Just imagine the experience ojume and trouble (that his moniker self tire me to spellgrin) went through just because he wanted to help somebody, such experience could have landed him in panti or kirirkiri but thank God for his saving grace.

Don't get me wrong o bro im not trying to say you're bad o... Just trying to make sure people like you get cars easily.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CGNGR: 10:02am On Apr 13, 2021
Hello

Contact CarGuideNG if you need comprehensive history reports delivered directly to you rapidly with no delay and at minor cost.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10214112_20190912170032_jpeg1fa69ad6792d68c3c26ee160ebd2a25f

Premium VIN Checks & Reports

https://www.nairaland.com/CarGuideNG

+2347011116171 Direct WhatsApp Chat

+234-701-111-6171. SMS/Call/Whatsapp

www.nairaland.com/attachments/9357362_1557417994348_jpeg825b33e87490661fedb629ad0a577083
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 10:52am On Apr 13, 2021
freshvine:

If You don't mind I can rent it for 15k weekly, maintenance and repairs will be on me. But your insurance will have to be fully comprehensive against theft and accident, I can't c9me and shout abeg.

You must agree that I will use car for at least 1yr without any alteration.

If you think this is a good deal for you then hit me up let's talk further.

I will have to satisfy car is in perfect working condition before any signing.

gringrin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by freshvine(f): 10:57am On Apr 13, 2021
Felicity001:

If You don't mind I can rent it for 15k weekly, maintenance and repairs will be on me. But your insurance will have to be fully comprehensive against theft and accident, I can't c9me and shout abeg.

You must agree that I will use car for at least 1yr without any alteration.

If you think this is a good deal for you then hit me up let's talk further.

I will have to satisfy car is in perfect working condition before any signing.

gringrin

I want to drive for myself. Passive income.

If I fuel 3000 naira what will be my net earnings.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by macdee20(m): 11:26am On Apr 13, 2021
Hello, guys. Good day.
Please, i need an honest & sincere advice.

i'm about to enter an agreement to drive for someone for 25k weekly, buh i'm not fully convinced about it.

the car in question is Honda Civic 2007.

personally, i'm not a fan of Honda. (this will be my first time driving/using it for e-hailing business)

what do you strongly advise?
thanks in anticipation.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 11:28am On Apr 13, 2021
freshvine:

Yeah I know just whinning ur nipplesgrin

I don't have any experience with Lexus cars never driven any at all.

From my experience with 2different V6 car make on ehailing I can say that with 6k fuel you should be able to gross 18-20k without surge.

I believe the Lexus should have a good technology when it comes to fuel efficiency.

Just that you're a lady (I supposed), I don't think it will be that bad. I've seen guys using it.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 11:37am On Apr 13, 2021
macdee20:
Hello, guys. Good day.

i'm about to enter an agreement to drive for someone for 25k weekly, buh i'm not fully convinced about it.

personally, i'm not a fan of Honda. (this will be my first time driving/using it for e-hailing business)

what do you stringly advise?
thanks in anticipation.

Its a good deal with a good car just make sure the owner put the car in a good working condition. Suspension, AC, transmission and others.

The only thing is the ground clearance so you've to select places you go to, the exhaust pipe can be very very fragile that even a sand bumb can compress it, it has happened to me before at agor palace area when I was using the civic.

If you're a careful driver abd the car is still having it's factory shape n form you'll enjoy it. Again don't border to increase the wheels n tire height too much else you'll loose balance and traction on highway and bends.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 11:39am On Apr 13, 2021
Just tell him not to stop at the airport as soon as he drops the rider, that's the escape route. The day I entered their trap, I just briefly stopped (I didn't even put off the engine)light tolose my booth which the rider didn't close, before I could close and wanted to go in, these guys just showed up from ONLY GOD KNOWS where.

Bailed myself with 7k or so that day.

Felicity001:

Welcome tonrhw game bro... You're now an official uber/Bolt driver.

Welcome onboard.

It will be difficult for them to arrest you again unless you loss guard.

Going forward, when in a terrain you do not know very well endeavor to always wine up your glass just in case any of things like this.

Don't park in wrong places

Obey all traffic rules

Expect yaba and airport boy next.

You can easily escape the yaba one-way boys but those bloody Airport boys? You need grace to escape from because they're well trained in clamping down vehicles, as a matter of fact they've the best training even better than that of lasma, vio and police. Very aggressive, calm and brilliant in their arrest.

So watch out for them closely.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 11:46am On Apr 13, 2021
freshvine:

No one here can really answer you satisfactorily unless you drive it yourself for few days to see the results, but all things being equal, you should make profit no matter how lil. Hope you will be driving it yourself? Don't even think of renting it out to your twin brother, if you have one. Just stick to previous advice of selecting trips and surge periods, avoid traffic period. You're better using it on part time basis Sha.

BTW, why you wan dey drag uberbolt money with guys with that car bro? Go use that car do shina grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 11:51am On Apr 13, 2021
macdee20:
Hello, guys. Good day.

what do you strongly advise?
thanks in anticipation.

You wan use Honda beef reject car? I want to believe you have other option(s)? Wetin concern you with it being Honda? as long as it is fuel efficient. If it is problematic, you drop it, simple as that
Nothing is wrong with Civic for rental. Infact, there is a rising demand for Civic 06-10 now for personal use. That car is as sexy as anything sexy

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by macdee20(m): 11:53am On Apr 13, 2021
okay, thanks very much @Felicity001

my location is Abuja.

i have other side hustles i'm doing, so the driving stuff is to support.

i'm still looking out for 20K weekly

fair enough?

Felicity001:

Its a good deal with a good car just make sure the owner put the car in a good working condition. Suspension, AC, transmission and others.

The only thing is the ground clearance so you've to select places you go to, the exhaust pipe can be very very fragile that even a sand bumb can compress it, it has happened to me before at agor palace area when I was using the civic.

If you're a careful driver abd the car is still having it's factory shape n form you'll enjoy it. Again don't border to increase the wheels n tire height too much else you'll loose balance and traction on highway and bends.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 11:57am On Apr 13, 2021
macdee20:
okay, thanks very much @Felicity001

my location is Abuja.

i have other side hustles i'm doing, so the driving stuff is to support.

i'm still looking out for 20K weekly

fair enough?

Are you ready to sacrifice that job for Uber for the moment?

It may be impossible to still do that job combined with Uber, you may have to use your pocket money settle weekly remittance so many times. Unless the car to s on hired purchase l, hence no big deal offsetting weekly payment from your pocket since the car will eventually be yours.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by macdee20(m): 12:00pm On Apr 13, 2021
Okay @peeps4u. Thanks for your reply.

Kindly note, i have no beef with Honda. Like i said earlier, i'm not just a fan of the brand generally (a personal thing), doesnt mean i hate it....plus, it's my first time using it to do a ride-hailing biz.

i just want to know the generic downsides (if any) when using the car in question. (mainly in terms of maintenance & cost)

i'm used to Corollas.

peeps4u:

You wan use Honda beef reject car? I want to believe you have other option(s)? Wetin concern you with it being Honda? as long as it is fuel efficient. If it is problematic, you drop it, simple as that
Nothing is wrong with Civic for rental. Infact, there is a rising demand for Civic 06-10 now for personal use. That car is as sexy as anything sexy
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 12:02pm On Apr 13, 2021
Chazleeray:
The whole fault started From picking the wrong rider, using the wrong map directions and was told to make a U-turn, and it turns out it was an illegal U-turn... please my lekki people Come to my rescue

Sorry about your ordeal. Probably the u- turn around the polystar Plaza. Near that pinnacle filling Station.

Be on the alert ALWAYS. 6-5pm. Whenever you see lastma officers and MIB lurking around a spot. Be vigilant, they ain't there for nothing.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by olusola2bello: 12:46pm On Apr 13, 2021
Always shine eyes.....they are always there.....stop making u turns there. Besides, there is a no uturn sign there.

northbird:

Sorry about your ordeal. Probably the u- turn around the polystar Plaza. Near that pinnacle filling Station.

Be on the alert ALWAYS. 6-5pm. Whenever you see lastma officers and MIB lurking around a spot. Be vigilant, they ain't there for nothing.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by wave1(m): 1:35pm On Apr 13, 2021
That's my car. It's nice and sexy. Just try avoid bad road.. low ground clearance

macdee20:

Kindly note, i have no beef with Honda. Like i said earlier, i'm not just a fan of the brand generally (a personal thing), doesnt mean i hate it....plus, it's my first time using it to do a ride-hailing biz.

i just want to know the generic downsides (if any) when using the car in question. (mainly in terms of maintenance & cost)

i'm used to Corollas.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 1:53pm On Apr 13, 2021
freshvine:

You're confusing me

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 1:57pm On Apr 13, 2021
The car is as good as Corolla. Has a better interior. Its maintenance guy is cheaper than Corolla, has a good fuel economy, there are arguments it's fuel economy is even better than corolla. I hope you know Corolla is one of the most expensive in terms of maintenance among the cars in its class? Corolla parts don't come that cheap.

May be you ask wave1 more direct questions about dos and don'ts, but generally, Civic is as good as Corolla for Uber.

macdee20:

i'm used to Corollas.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 2:12pm On Apr 13, 2021
northbird:

Too much sense no go kill you.

This is one of the first lessons I learnt driving in Lagos. When I am not sure and they are within reasonable distance, I take down my window and politely ask if I can turn.

If they are far from me, ahead ahead grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by akeemakinremi(m): 2:16pm On Apr 13, 2021
Camry ,
A year Nearly used,
V6,
First body,
Nothing to fix,
Buy and enjoy ,

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 2:26pm On Apr 13, 2021
Another reason rating might drop.

Madams vehicle has been down and because I have promo, I booked a ride for her twice to work and once back to the house.

My rider rating has dropped to 4.6. Knowing who I married and even without asking her, I am 100% sure she had no issue with any of them.

If I was vindictive and not in the system, I'll start returning the favour to any driver that carries me/her. Fortunately for them, I can't do that but some other riders we carry may not forgiving.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IFSHR: 2:50pm On Apr 13, 2021
kanuisagoat:
Another reason rating might drop.

Madams vehicle has been down and because I have promo, I booked a ride for her twice to work and once back to the house.

My rider rating has dropped to 4.6. Knowing who I married and even without asking her, I am 100% sure she had no issue with any of them.

If I was vindictive and not in the system, I'll start returning the favour to any driver that carries me/her. Fortunately for them, I can't do that but some other riders we carry may not forgiving.

The thing is most riders don't see their ratings, except they view it through drivers app.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 2:54pm On Apr 13, 2021
Did that a couple of times and was fortunate enough the officers gave me the right direction.

kanuisagoat:

Too much sense no go kill you.

This is one of the first lessons I learnt driving in Lagos. When I am not sure and they are within reasonable distance, I take down my window and politely ask if I can turn.

If they are far from me, ahead ahead grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (3547) (3548) (3549) (3550) (3551) (3552) (3553) ... (5695) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Jaysharp(m), emadamysy and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.