Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,145 members, 7,835,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:36 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (3596) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4817879 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3593) (3594) (3595) (3596) (3597) (3598) (3599) ... (5705) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CodedTobx(m): 11:34am On May 04, 2021
Good morning guys, Bolt blocked my account this morning cos of a rider reported that I sent threatening messages and of which I didn’t. It was a hoodlum rider that did fake transfer since on Friday and I had to drag him last night before he resent the money. Why can’t Bolt call me to ask questions before the app blocked me?

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Slickleo: 11:36am On May 04, 2021
So if a trip from festac town to VI on indriver Max is #2500 and u accept such request hoping to trip in less than 45min bt unfortunately trip took 2hrs indriver will ask for commission no.
As it is now indriver is worst than uberbolt

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by knytred: 12:19pm On May 04, 2021
Abeg there is this thing I do on indriver , with this new commission fee now, I Dey fear do am...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 12:33pm On May 04, 2021
davit:
My guys on Indriver, app has started taking their commission. 9.5%. You get cancellation bonus too if rider does not show and you report same. See the screenshot.

Hope guys taking rubbish fares will change now.
So, na you go pick my regular rider ( Vivienne) to her office today opposite Lennox mall.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 12:45pm On May 04, 2021
shollywendy1:

So, na you go pick my regular rider ( Vivienne) to her office today opposite Lennox mall.

Lol. grin grin Her place no even dey far from mine.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 12:47pm On May 04, 2021
Not really. It is just a wake up call for guys picking rubbish fares. Na to dey check with bolt or uber first before taking offers. I ve been doing that since anyways.
Slickleo:
So if a trip from festac town to VI on indriver Max is #2500 and u accept such request hoping to trip in less than 45min bt unfortunately trip took 2hrs indriver will ask for commission no.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Idaytesj29(m): 12:57pm On May 04, 2021
olujaidi:

[/b]Uber Select is the luxury ride option I.e cars with more prestige and more recent models[b]

UberX is the regular older model cars with older specs

The "Lagos Only" means that Uber Select is currently available in Lagos only at the moment

All that was in the link I posted which obviously, you didn't read

At the bolded, how thriving or lucrative is this section of the uber business? Do they get orders and make money like the UberX or the regular uber? Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OJURONGBE1(m): 1:00pm On May 04, 2021
Basic 2003 Toyota Corolla, Camry and Honda Civic & City would do the job just fine.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 1:02pm On May 04, 2021
davit:
My guys on Indriver, app has started taking their commission. 9.5%. You get cancellation bonus too if rider does not show and you report same. See the screenshot.

Indriver might just relegate uber to third choice very soon
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 1:05pm On May 04, 2021
CodedTobx:
Good morning guys, Bolt blocked my account this morning cos of a rider reported that I sent threatening messages and of which I didn’t. It was a hoodlum rider that did fake transfer since on Friday and I had to drag him last night before he resent the money. Why can’t Bolt call me to ask questions before the app blocked me?

Contact the support, try and provide proof to your claim
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 1:07pm On May 04, 2021
knytred:
Abeg there is this thing I do on indriver , with this new commission fee now, I Dey fear do am...
I know what is it is, almost everybody do it. grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 1:07pm On May 04, 2021
Slickleo:

It is less than 10% commission. I heard people saying with 4-5 trips on Indriver in a day, they are good. The new commision still can't really change much, I think their fare is kinda okay.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 1:15pm On May 04, 2021
CodedTobx:

Na wa ooo... Sorry man.
Hope they unblock ur account. For issues like this I always advise you go personally to the office.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 1:20pm On May 04, 2021
davit:
Not really. It is just a wake up call for guys picking rubbish fares. Na to dey check with bolt or uber first before taking offers. I ve been doing that since anyways.

If only u know many people working Indriver have been blocked on both Bolt and Uber so they actually don't have any choice. Half bread they say is better than none.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CodedTobx(m): 1:30pm On May 04, 2021
Do you have address of their office pls?

Pearl1910:

Na wa ooo... Sorry man.
Hope they unblock ur account. For issues like this I always advise you go personally to the office.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CodedTobx(m): 1:33pm On May 04, 2021
peeps4u:

Contact the support, try and provide proof to your claim

I have done that but no respond since 5hrs ago. Do you have idea how long it might take before they unblock me ?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 1:40pm On May 04, 2021
OJURONGBE1:
For those getting Uber Moove onboarding messages, think it through before you put pen to paper.
Ghost1994, was right about the drive to own (DTO), that's the only option as at this morning . The 2016 Corolla is eye catching no doubt, but there's really no need for that luxury on this job, taking into consideration that you wont be able to drive on other platforms (Bolt & InDriver) and cannot drive the car outta Lagos, if you get an offline trip. Basic 2003 Toyota Corolla, Camry and Honda Civic & City would do the job just fine.
I just left their office few minutes ago.

Again, if Uber blocks your account deal is overgrin meaning all your effort is gone!

You're driving for moove doesn't mean Uber won't block you if your cancellation rate is low ooh.

With the level of wickedness that exist among humans and especially in Africa Moove can just decide send a mail to Uber to block drivers who are about to finish payment.

So if I'm to sign any agreement with them I'll make sure they include in the clause *my account with Uber must not be blocked* all through the period of the contract.

If they decline then I walk away.

16 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 1:56pm On May 04, 2021
OJURONGBE1:
For those getting Uber Moove onboarding messages, think it through before you put pen to paper.
Ghost1994, was right about the drive to own (DTO), that's the only option as at this morning . The 2016 Corolla is eye catching no doubt, but there's really no need for that luxury on this job, taking into consideration that you wont be able to drive on other platforms (Bolt & InDriver) and cannot drive the car outta Lagos, if you get an offline trip. Basic 2003 Toyota Corolla, Camry and Honda Civic & City would do the job just fine.

Don't mind Moove, they know 80% of drivers will not complete the plan, they will either default by being unable to meet up delivery and expensive car repairs or not meeting up the trip requirements week in week out. There is uber block too waiting to happen. In the meantime they will be collecting 50k/week without spending on repairs. So they don't lose, ones u default they collect their car.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 2:11pm On May 04, 2021
OJURONGBE1:

The Moove guys r waking up to the reality of e-hailing in Lagos ( a state saddled with very poor state of roads).
The only option to recoup their investments is d DTO. Rentals won't cut it for them.

How can you maintain a 2016 Toyota corrolla on ₦65/km? . When a Suzuki korope bus charges over ₦100/km without driving to PU or using AC for the same distance ( ogba to Berger is less than 5km.)

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 2:13pm On May 04, 2021
Pearl1910:

Don't mind Moove, they know 80% of drivers will not complete the plan, they will either default by being unable to meet up delivery and expensive car repairs or not meeting up the trip requirements week in week out. There is uber block too waiting to happen. In the meantime they will be collecting 50k/week without spending on repairs. So they don't lose, ones u default they collect their car.

50k weekly driving only on uber platform?
Even if the car can be used on other platforms, how much will be left with the driver after paying 50k weekly. How many drivers even make 50k net earning weekly?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 2:23pm On May 04, 2021
CodedTobx:
Do you have address of their office pls?

9 Professor Gabriel Olusanya St, Lekki
OR
Plot 118, Block 25 Salem St, (House on the rock road) Lekki Penninsula II, Lekki

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 2:28pm On May 04, 2021
peeps4u:

50k weekly driving only on uber platform?
Even if the car can be used on other platforms, how much will be left with the driver after paying 50k weekly. How many drivers even make 50k net earning weekly?

If u ask me, na who I go ask grin
But let's be real, how much do u expect them to demand for those cars? They must make their money back na
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 2:53pm On May 04, 2021
But she get small wahala sha. She no use face mask and insisting I must use. Even when I told her I already got jab she still dey argue. I just jejely let her have her way.
shollywendy1:

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Slickleo: 3:04pm On May 04, 2021
peeps4u:

It is less than 10% commission. I heard people saying with 4-5 trips on Indriver in a day, they are good. The new commision still can't really change much, I think their fare is kinda okay.
Indriver fare has never been ok 4 my end which is Amuwo Odofin. D best indriver can do nw is to add feature where by if d estimated time and distance hv been covered and trip hv not ended there will additional charges or compensation. If Dy can't add such feature Dy will loss alot of drivers who re still active on the other app uberbolt competitors
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Slickleo: 3:18pm On May 04, 2021
Felicity001:

Again, if Uber blocks your account deal is overgrin meaning all your effort is gone!

You're driving for moove doesn't mean Uber won't block you if your cancellation rate is low ooh.

With the level of wickedness that exist among humans and especially in Africa Moove can just decide send a mail to Uber to block drivers who are about to finish payment.

So if I'm to sign any agreement with them I'll make sure they include in the clause *my account with Uber must not be blocked* all through the period of the contract.

If they decline then I walk away.
If Dy include such clause na to Dy box riders way do anyhow grin

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eyinola: 4:08pm On May 04, 2021
davit:
I picked a request today at oba akran rider offers 550 i click 750 and she accepted, destination forolagba street in my mind i said for this trip to be 550 that means it should be within ikeja only for the rider to tell me its ifako Gbagada grin. Na so I jejely check my bolt 1500 -1800.. I just told her straight up that the app mistakes her address for somewhr ard ooo , goes can ikeja to ifako gbagada be 550..after augument she transferred 1500

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Judenzuruike: 4:57pm On May 04, 2021
I hope they change,I see some ridiculous amount been offered by the riders and I shake my head.and for that guy that says 10% isn't much you just wait and see.it means for every 1k you remit N100.soon,they will adjust it and before long peg it to 15%.
davit:

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Judenzuruike: 4:59pm On May 04, 2021
You lucky say she pay.some might not have paid oh.
eyinola:
I picked a request today at oba akran rider offers 550 i click 750 and she accepted, destination forolagba street in my mind i said for this trip to be 550 that means it should be within ikeja only for the rider to tell me its ifako Gbagada grin. Na so I jejely check my bolt 1500 -1800.. I just told her straight up that the app mistakes her address for somewhr ard ooo , goes can ikeja to ifako gbagada be 550..after augument she transferred 1500

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Judenzuruike: 5:02pm On May 04, 2021
Firstly,their PU distance is always wrong.secondly,riders deliberately waste time and makes multiple stops.Finally,Thier final destination is usually way off.with all these,indriver is suppose to add some form of payments to the driver.times
Slickleo:

Indriver fare has never been ok 4 my end which is Amuwo Odofin. D best indriver can do nw is to add feature where by if d estimated time and distance hv been covered and trip hv not ended there will additional charges or compensation. If Dy can't add such feature Dy will loss alot of drivers who re still active on the other app uberbolt competitors
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Judenzuruike: 5:04pm On May 04, 2021
This particular Moobe Uber deal is not realistic.pls and pls,don't take it oh.na trap
northbird:

The Moove guys r waking up to the reality of e-hailing in Lagos ( a state saddled with very poor state of roads).
The only option to recoup their investments is d DTO. Rentals won't cut it for them.

How can you maintain a 2016 Toyota corrolla on ₦65/km? . When a Suzuki korope bus charges over ₦100/km without driving to PU or using AC for the same distance ( ogba to Berger is less than 5km.)
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Judenzuruike: 5:06pm On May 04, 2021
Na their way.kindly jump ship while you await their everlasting investigation
CodedTobx:
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Judenzuruike: 5:08pm On May 04, 2021
That's the reality my brother.so always check the status of traffic before accepting a ride.na only fools go just dey accept any kind request all in the name of I wan make money and at the end of the day,the fellow is only loosing and not making any profit.lets all be guided accordingly.
Slickleo:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3593) (3594) (3595) (3596) (3597) (3598) (3599) ... (5705) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: FASASI1(m), konkoabove, lagusboyyy(m), Doris4ever(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.